Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Advice Is Needed Pls! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Is Needed Pls! (1854 Views)

Dear Family, Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House / Urgent Help Needed Pls. My Wife Wants To Get Pregnant! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Is Needed Pls! by haryor14: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
Am having concern over issue, my wife's younger sister want to move in with us in a two room apartment because her skul is closer our house. I told her i will think abt it. I just want to know how things will work out.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
What are you thinking about?

Did you not at some point in the past stay with someone?

Edited: Or is it finance?
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Thr is nothing to think abt.... Allow her to stay with u guys jor...
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by 5minsmadness: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Its your house. If you are not comfortable with her staying there, explain it to your wife. At least she can stay for a month or two till she can get a place of her own but not that she will stay throughout.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by crackhaus: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
haryor14:
Am having concern over issue, my wife's younger sister want to move in with us in a two room apartment because her skul is closer our house. I told her i will think abt it. I just want to know how things will work out.

Is she really pretty and you feel it's going to be a problem?
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
Please send her to me
I stay near her school too
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
krall:
Please send her to me
I stay near her school too
What wind blew you to the family section?
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizchief:

East wind
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
Mizchief:

I come looking for advice
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Tallesty1(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:

Is she really pretty and you feel it's going to be a problem?
Someone doesn't trust his third leg.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Tallesty1:
sir do you reside in abuja?
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Tallesty1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
krall:
sir do you reside in abuja?
Yes sir.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by mesoade(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
From the Op's perspective . .
They're living in a two room apartment not a flat.
Temptations might come if the wife is not at home or maybe he accidentally walked in while the girl is dressing, and u know say konji na bastard!
For the safety of the marriage,i think he shoudn't allow her stay . . . #just saying
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
Tallesty1:
Yes sir.
please check this thread and see if you can assist me. https://www.nairaland.com/1988824/brothers-wife-dragging-remote-control
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
LEAD YOURSELF NOT INTO TEMPTATION
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
mesoade:
From the Op's perspective . .
They're living in a two room apartment not a flat.
Temptations might come if the wife is not at home or maybe he accidentally walked in while the girl is dressing, and u know say konji na bastard!
For the safety of the marriage,i think he shoudn't allow her stay . . . #just saying

You know, whenever I read posts like this, I just smile.

Now, lets reverse roles. Shall we?

Lets assume it's your younger brother who gains admission and has to stay with you-for obvious reasons.

You then tell your wife and she says no. You press her for reasons and she says your brother might become a temptation to her because kongi na bastard.

Let me guess your reaction, you'll give her a pat on the back, commend her intelligence, call your brother to tell him he can't stay with you. You'll even go ahead to tell him it's because he might eventually sleep with your wife.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by mesoade(m): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
rationalmind:

You know, whenever I read posts like this, I just smile.

Now, lets reverse roles, shall we?

Lets assume it's your younger brother who gains admission and has to stay with you-for obvious reasons.

You then tell your wife and she says no. You press her for reasons and she says your brother might become a temptation to her because kongi na bastard.

Let me guess your reaction, you'll give her a pat on the back, commend her intelligence, call your brother to tell him he can't stay with you. You can even go ahead to tell him it's because he might eventually sleep with your wife.
if my brother has to stay,my wife as already to me her fears,maybe she has high libido,now if she does anything silly,she isn't to be blamed,cos she's warned me in the first instance.

1 Like

Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by bennyrazz: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
@op, you should know it's a very bad thing to sleep with 2 blood sisters now its a taboo and in some part of Nigeria, if a man commits such act, he dies of strange illness. So allow your wife's sister to stay and make sure you read the riot act to her and your wife. When their school is on recess, she goes back to her father's house.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
mesoade:
if my brother has to stay,my wife as already to me her fears,maybe she has high libido,now if she does anything silly,she isn't to be blamed,cos she's warned me in the first instance.

Since you've gone to the extreme using someone with a high libido, I'll also do the same.

So what if you're the one hugely responsible for the upbringing of your brother. He just gained admission say in a place like lagos where you can barely pay your own rent let alone renting another for your brother.

Here comes your wife with high libido who says she might be tempted. You'll tell your bro to fvck off cos your wife will be justified if she eventually sleeps with him?

1 Like

Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by mesoade(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
rationalmind:

Since you've gone to the extreme using someone with a high libido, I'll also do the same.

So what if you're the one hugely responsible for the upbringing of your brother. He just gained admission say in a place like lagos where you can barely pay your own rent let alone renting another for your brother.

Here comes your wife with high libido who says she might be tempted. You'll tell your bro to fvck off cos your wife will be justified if she eventually sleeps with him?
bro,your assumptions are becomin twisted . . You'l make a good writer in nollywood

1 Like

Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
mesoade:
bro,your assumptions are becomin twisted . . You'l make a good writer in nollywood

Ooh, I'm the one assuming?

So, what's this in bold.

mesoade: if my brother has to stay,my wife as already to me her fears,maybe she has high libido,now if she does anything silly,she isn't to be blamed,cos she's warned me in the first instance.

Lol, isn't that an assumption?

I might make a good writer in nollywood as you said but you'll make a good comedian grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by mesoade(m): 8:25pm On Nov 09, 2014
rationalmind:

Ooh, I'm the one assuming?

So, what's this in bold.

Lol, isn't that an assumption?

I might make a good writer in nollywood as you said but you'll make a good comedian grin
Okay
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by crackhaus: 3:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
Tallesty1:
grin
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by LewsTherin: 4:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
The points Rationalmind makes are extremely valid. But I think he's trying to say the OP cannot go telling his wife that her sister cannot stay with them because he could fall into temptation. Literally.

These type of issues are issues that should not crop up if couples discuss thoroughly and openly before marriage. I don't have any advice for the OP because these issues are only handle-able by the people involved. But for those yet to marry, discuss all possible scenarios with ur significant other. In my case, we agreed way before we got married that family can visit, family can spend a couple of days, a few weeks, even a month. But after that, they leave. No long term stay for school, work or what not. And so if I was in the Op's shoes, this is a non-sequitur as we already know she cannot stay. But that's just me.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
LewsTherin:
The points Rationalmind makes are extremely valid. But I think he's trying to say the OP cannot go telling his wife that her sister cannot stay with them because he could fall into temptation. Literally.

I couldn't had said this better.

These type of issues are issues that should not crop up if couples discuss thoroughly and openly before marriage. I don't have any advice for the OP because these issues are only handle-able by the people involved. But for those yet to marry, discuss all possible scenarios with ur significant other. In my case, we agreed way before we got married that family can visit, family can spend a couple of days, a few weeks, even a month. But after that, they leave. No long term stay for school, work or what not. And so if I was in the Op's shoes, this is a non-sequitur as we already know she cannot stay. But that's just me.

Few weeks ago, I was having this conversation with my boss. I told him about a family friend who has this agreement with the wife never to allow a family member stay with them for long.

I told my boss I seem to agree with him cos I'm sure he must have experienced certain things in the past which subsequently influenced that decision of his.

My boss asked me just one question which I wasn't able to answer. Till this moment, I'm still yet to find an answer.

His question to me was, "Did he not in the past also stay with someone? What if that person he stayed with never allowed him stay?

I'm directing the same question to you, Haven't you ever stayed with someone before? If you have, how can you now turn around and say no one can stay with you? If you haven't, how about your wife? How can she now agree to such "rule"?

In addition, what if in the nearest future, due to some reasons or the other, your child needs to stay with someone?
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by haryor14: 11:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
i really appreciate all your comments, thanks all

1 Like

Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by LewsTherin: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2014
rationalmind:

I couldn't had said this better.

Few weeks ago, I was having this conversation with my boss. I told him about a family friend who has this agreement with the wife never to allow a family member stay with them for long.

I told my boss I seem to agree with him cos I'm sure he must have experienced certain things in the past which subsequently influenced that decision of his.

My boss asked me just one question which I wasn't able to answer. Till this moment, I'm still yet to find an answer.

His question to me was, "Did he not in the past also stay with someone? What if that person he stayed with never allowed him stay?

I'm directing the same question to you, Haven't you ever stayed with someone before? If you have, how can you now turn around and say no one can stay with you? If you haven't, how about your wife? How can she now agree to such "rule"?

In addition, what if in the nearest future, due to some reasons or the other, your child needs to stay with someone?

Througout my growing up, there was always someone or other staying with my family. At one point, there were 25 of us living in the same house.including the helps and driver. During my service year, I stayed with my sister in her home. The friction and tension my family went through while I was growing up, the fact that there were so many people and so few resources that till date, there os no close relationship between my siblings, parents and myself are the reasons my Lady and I took that decision. I actually expected to be the obe hit more by that decision when we discussed it. But I am determined not to put my own family through the same lifestyle I went through.

As for the future thing, I can only work and pray towards it but it doesn't change my outlook. My home is now and by the grace of God will remain me, my wife, our daughter and that's it. No house helps, no extended family. But that is just me.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by 5minsmadness: 7:44am On Nov 11, 2014
LewsTherin:

Througout my growing up, there was always someone or other staying with my family. At one point, there were 25 of us living in the same house.including the helps and driver. During my service year, I stayed with my sister in her home. The friction and tension my family went through while I was growing up, the fact that there were so many people and so few resources that till date, there os no close relationship between my siblings, parents and myself are the reasons my Lady and I took that decision. I actually expected to be the obe hit more by that decision when we discussed it. But I am determined not to put my own family through the same lifestyle I went through.

As for the future thing, I can only work and pray towards it but it doesn't change my outlook. My home is now and by the grace of God will remain me, my wife, our daughter and that's it. No house helps, no extended family. But that is just me.

Seconded.
I have had situations where a relation stayed for too long and it turned to quarrel in the family. No one is saying the op shouldn't help the wife's sister but it should be for a limited time abeg. Familiarity breeds contempt.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Kanwulia: 9:26am On Nov 11, 2014
This model or "set-up" has NEVER worked in ANY MANSION of the world. . . . . .not to mention this your size 4 by 4 casket.
Get ready to make it a funeral procession for ONE or ALL! kiss
2 menstruating bitcheeez flinging their "pads" over your nostrils every month will surely make YOU the MOST LIKELY FIRST VICTIM.

All the best hon'! kiss
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by ifyalways(f): 9:52am On Nov 11, 2014
2 rooms as in 2 bedrooms or simply a bedroom and sitting room aka room and parlour undecided

You already have doubts or fears so obviously something can go wrong. . .

Can you afford to pay for a hostel accomodation/ shared room with other students for her? If yes, please do ad save yourself the headache.
Re: Advice Is Needed Pls! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Would there be a room for her to sleep in? Would your privacy as husband and wife be interrupted by any chance?

Just because you live near her school doesn't mean she must stay with you. If y'all were nowhere near the school, she would have to find a place for herself, so you being close isn't a good-enough reason for her to stay in your home. If you're having doubts for one reason or another, then don't do it. The fact that you said she "wants" to stay with you and you told her you will think about it means this isn't a desperate situation, rather one of convenience, for her, that is.

Where are her parents? Can they afford to pay her accommodation rent or what's the situation?

(1) (Reply)

Proud Father! Vincent Enyeama Groom’s His Beautiful Daughter’s Hair (photo) / How Time Flies / How I Feel As The Only Child Of My Parents.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.