Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria (16430 Views)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
And now the bipolar manic-depressive skank with identity crisis jumps in from nowhere to quote me and up her failing self-esteem with rhetorical questions...b1tch can't get enough of me.

Have you seen your psychiatrist yet?

Anyway, let me humour you a bit since your tendency to misconstrue posts just to feel good about yourself is no longer news:

carefreewannabe:

Were you not the one who claimed that women have been allowed to do whatever they want in the West since the 1840s?
The first women's rights convention was held in 1848. Figure out what this means in the context of that statement, if it comes easy to that sugar-solution you call a brain that is.

Were you not the one who said that anger and aggression are not emotions?
I neither typed this nor made this assertion.

Make an appointment with a psychologist, and a speech-therapist as well - I have a feeling you may also suffer from Down Syndrome, else you won't be getting your own interpretations from thin air.

Were you not the one who claimed that in Nigeria the law does not discriminate against women?
State one law in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that discriminates against women - don't forget to note the section(s) and subsection(s) for reference.

You're going to make a bigger fool of yourself with your next post.

4 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:
And now the bipolar manic-depressive skank with identity crisis jumps in from nowhere to quote me and up her failing self-esteem with rhetorical questions...b1tch can't get enough of me.

Have you seen your psychiatrist yet?

Anyway, let me humour you a bit since your tendency to misconstrue posts just to feel good about yourself is no longer news:

The first women's rights convention was held in 1848. Figure out what this means in the context of that statement, if it comes easy to that sugar-solution you call a brain that is.

I neither typed this nor made this assertion.

Make an appointment with a psychologist, and a speech-therapist as well - I have a feeling you may also suffer from Down Syndrome, else you won't be getting your own interpretations from thin air.

State one law in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that discriminates against women - don't forget to note the section(s) and subsection(s) for reference.

You admit that you claimed that women were allowed to do whatever they wanted in the West since the 1840s? grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by iamord(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
emmysoftyou:
am not doubting what yu said about bride price being taking care by the family or extended family...because in indian or ghana ,i heard they bear their mother's name as their surname becos they re
the one paying or taking care of their groom's list or price...
So my dear... Re yu ghana or where re you from?

100 percent False. I bear my fathers name

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 6:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

[s]Trash!

Don't back-track now. No amount of damage control can erase the rubbish you wrote. grin grin

If you weren't so foolish, you would have known that those organizations are not even popular enough. Try "Googling" feminist groups and see if any of those names pop up.

I donate regularly to NOW and I'm a member of CAI*

CAI* focuses on the education of female children usually in elementary and high school level. Started two yrs back and we're going strong.

CAI* is not a feminist group but it's mission tallies with mine, hence a strong member.

I don't know what you mean by feminist groups but I belong to organizations that are tailored to helping women. You don't have to be a feminist to participate in majority.

As for a lot of the underground "feminist groups" Bride price is not a concern of a lot of them, it's not practiced in their society.

For Sango sake, look at my signature. I always promote the empowerment of women. [/s]
Who asked for your autobiography?

You are a feminist and an African - what feminist organization/group do you belong to and what have you done about putting a stop to the daylight-extortion of potential sons-in-law, ergo wife-purchase?

Simple question for God sake!

4 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Carefreewannabe, let me answer this one for you a lil

The constitution discriminates against women by not protecting them from the patriarchal society it functions in.

1.) M*arital r*ape is legal in Nigeria by omission. BTW, it was brought up to them and they dismissed it. (Early 2000s, I'm sure)

2.) There is no law specifically addressing sexual harassment in Nigeria. According to DHS, over 30.5 % of ever-married women have experienced some form of physical, sexual, or violence at some point. http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_Nigeria_DHS_2008_Final_Report.pdf

3.) Polygyny is legal in NIgeria. Polygyny is prohibited in civil marriages, but authorized under customary and Islamic law.
Polygyny is a term that comes from the Greek "poly" which means many and "gyny" which means woman or wife. This term is connected to a type of marriage where a man is going to have more than two wives at the same time.

4.) In no region of Nigeria, does customary law grant women equal inheritance rights with men.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You admit that you claimed that women were allowed to do whatever they wanted in the West since the 1840s? grin grin grin
The first women's rights convention was held in 1848 - go do your favorite thing with Google.

Meanwhile,
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
Another thread showing a rip-off list dished out just to marry from a thieving family

dorosola:
Okay now this got me really full of laughter after reading some real and crazy things families include in a list to the groom to be, such as below by Superstar007

1. 20 litres of hot drink
2. 7male goats for elders
3. 7 female goats for the old women
4. 22 Jersey, 22boats, and 10balls for
the youths.
5. 120 yards of Nigeria wax for
the young girls.
6. 30 tubers of yams and 40 sea fishes
for the oldest men and women in the
family.
7. 7 kola nuts and 10 bitter kola.
8. One bull for the king and elders in
council.
9. A sewing machine for the
younger sister.
10. 5 trip of sand and 17 bags of
dangote cement.
11.Three gallons of 20litres
palm wine.
12. 2 white sheep for her elder and
younger brothers.
13. 200 bathroom slippers for
the villagers.
14. 50liters of petrol
15. 4 handsets for her other
siblings.
16. 7 cartons each of star
beer, coke and snap.
17. The father and mother's
clothes with the sum of N180,000.
18. 2 big box that will be use to park
her clothes.
19. A white bicycle for her uncle.
20. when coming with the
above items, come with the cow
that will be killed for the marriage
ceremony.

https://www.nairaland.com/1855668/crazy-things-included-marriage-list#25446136
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

[s]Carefreewannabe, let me answer this one for you a lil

The constitution discriminates against women by not protecting them from the patriarchal society it functions in.

1.) M*arital rape is legal in Nigeria by omissions. BTW, it was brought up to them and they dismissed it. (Early 2000s, I'm sure)

2.) There is no law specifically addressing sexual harassment in Nigeria. According to DHS, over 30.5 % of ever-married women have experienced some form of physical, sexual, or violence at some point. http://www.unicef.org/nigeria/ng_publications_Nigeria_DHS_2008_Final_Report.pdf

3.) Polygyny is legal in NIgeria. Polygyny is prohibited in civil marriages, but authorized under customary and Islamic law.
Polygyny is a term that comes from the Greek "poly" which means many and "gyny" which means woman or wife. This term is connected to a type of marriage where a man is going to have more than two wives at the same time.

4.) In no region of Nigeria, does customary law grant women equal inheritance rights with men.[/s]

Cut that crap!

Women have been allowed to do whatever they want in the West since the 1840s and in Africa since the 1890s, only 50 years later. grin grin grin

It does not matter that women were not allowed to work without their husbands' permission in Germany till 1977.

It does not matter that women have only been allowed to vote in the USA in the 1920s.

It does not matter that women were not allowed to obtain degrees in the UK at the beginning of the 20th century.

And it does not matter that in Nigeria customary laws discriminate against the female child when it comes to inheritance and that it was only in April, 2014 that the Supreme Court invalidated this ancient, backward, discriminatory cultural practice.

And feminism has nothing to do with all these achievements. Men like Crackhaus liberated women. grin grin grin

And he has the audacity to call other people s*tupid. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

The first women's rights convention was held in 1848 - go do your favorite thing with Google.

Meanwhile,

And that means that women have been allowed to do whatever they want in the West since the 1840s?? grin grin grin

And you ironically call other people genius? grin grin grin

And you have the audacity to call others mentally ill? grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

Who asked for your autobiography?

You are a feminist and an African - what feminist organization/group do you belong to and what have you done about putting a stop to the daylight-extortion of potential sons-in-law, ergo wife-purchase?

Simple question for God sake!

NOW, CAI*, Pan Af***an Solidarity, ARA-W
If you weren't such a fool, you would see that I already answered your question.

Some orgs do not do anything about bride price because it is not practiced in their society. Other organizations that are tailored to Africans have not addressed the bride price. Child marriage, Sexual harassment, Domestic Violence, Female child education, Marital r*Ape takes precedence.

I told you what we achieved in Lagos and Ekiti state in 2007/2011.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Cut that crap!

Women have been allowed to do whatever they want in the West since the 1840s and in Africa since the 1890s, only 50 years later. grin grin grin

It does not matter that women were not allowed to work without their husbands' permission in Germany till 1977.

It does not matter that women have only been allowed to vote in the USA in the 1920s.

It does not matter that women were not allowed to obtain degrees in the UK at the beginning of the 20th century.

And it does not matter that in Nigeria customary laws discriminate against the female child when it comes to inheritance and that it was only in April, 2014 that the Supreme Court invalidated this ancient, backward, discriminatory cultural practice.

And feminism has nothing to do with all these achievements. Men like Crackhaus liberated women. grin grin grin

LMAO! My bad, I should have known this couldn't be his first time exposing his foolishness.

He is good @ back-tracking though, let's see how he comes out of this one grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
1stCitizen:
Another thread showing a rip-off list dished out just to marry from a thieving family

https://www.nairaland.com/1855668/crazy-things-included-marriage-list#25446136

LOL after bringing all that from his end, how "equality" go take enter that marriage I never know grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

LMAO! My bad, I should have known this couldn't be his first time exposing his foolishness.

He is good @ back-tracking though, let's see how he comes out of this one grin grin

Only a lunatic will try to come out of this one, a sane person will surrender. Now guess what he will do. wink
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

LOL after bringing all that from his end, how "equality" go take enter that marriage I never know grin grin grin

Not every woman and her family are poor. wink
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
coogar:

who started it or is your memory infected with ebola?

what kinda MILs drink beer & get high on snuff?
by their list, you shall know them. i don't mind buying ram, clothing items, tubers of yam, soft drinks for MIL. however, the moment i see beer, snuff, indian hemp, paraga, etc then the marriage is off. an old man once told me if you want to know what a wife would become, check out her mother. cheesy

The bolded is very very true though there are still few exceptions.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Not every woman and her family are poor. wink

I was talking about THAT marriage specifically. The one the list generated from.
For allowing herself to be cashed out like that, that woman can never open her mouth to say anyhow feminist thing for as long as she lives.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

Carefreewannabe, let me answer this one for you a lil

1.) M*arital r*ape is legal in Nigeria by omission. BTW, it was brought up to them and they dismissed it. (Early 2000s, I'm sure)

4.) In no region of Nigeria, does customary law grant women equal inheritance rights with men.
What horsesh1t is this?

State a law written in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that discriminates against women, and you're talking about something being legal by omission.

1. Is ra.pe legal - marital or otherwise?

2. Again, is ra.pe legal - marital or otherwise? Will a violent wife-beater be charged to a law court and go scot-free?

3. Lmao, this is what you typed first:
Polygyny is legal in Nigeria, then on the next line you typed this:
Polygyny is prohibited in civil marriages…

You're confused, so I guess that answers that.

As for the customary/Islamic laws, are they part of the constitution of the Federal Republic or is this not what I asked?

And FYI lots of women willingly go into polygamous marriages, hence I don't see how this is a discrimination - I guess you have your work cut out for you in trying to sensitize women about the discriminatory nature of polygny, good luck with that.

4. Again with the customary laws, absolutely nothing to do with the sovereign constitution.

However, if women inheriting property means so much to you, what are you doing to make it normal occurrence?

4 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by SAMBARRY: 7:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
undecided
coogar:

who started it or is your memory infected with ebola?

what kinda MILs drink beer & get high on snuff?
by their list, you shall know them. i don't mind buying ram, clothing items, tubers of yam, soft drinks for MIL. however, the moment i see beer, snuff, indian hemp, paraga, etc then the marriage is off. an old man once told me if you want to know what a wife would become, check out her mother. cheesy
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

I was talking about THAT marriage specifically. The one the list generated from.
For allowing herself to be cashed out like that, that woman can never open her mouth to say anyhow feminist thing for as long as she lives.

So you think she was sold off like a piece of property because of this tradition and she has no right to speak anymore?
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So you think she was sold off like a piece of property because of this tradition and she has no right to speak anymore?

She can speak all she wants, but she has no right to claim "equality" with all that was put on that list.
Way too much.

There is a clear difference between a token and a sale.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

She can speak all she wants, but she has no right to claim "equality" with all that was put on that list.
Way too much.

Would you expect your son-in-law to pay a bride price for your daughter?
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AzontoGhost(m): 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
emmysoftyou:
am not doubting what yu said about bride price being taking care by the family or extended family...because in indian or ghana ,i heard they bear their mother's name as their surname becos they re
the one paying or taking care of their groom's list or price...
So my dear... Re yu ghana or where re you from?
my bro,what you heard about Ghana is totally false.
though some practise matrilineal family system,the father holds full responsibility of the children.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

What horsesh1t is this?

State a law written in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria that discriminates against women, and you're talking about something being legal by omission.

1. Is ra.pe legal - marital or otherwise?

2. Again, is ra.pe legal - marital or otherwise? Will a violent wife-beater be charged to a law court and go scot-free?

3. Lmao, this is what you typed first:
Polygyny is legal in Nigeria, then on the next line you typed this:
Polygyny is prohibited in civil marriages…

You're confused, so I guess that answers that.

As for the customary/Islamic laws, are they part of the constitution of the Federal Republic or is this not what I asked?

And FYI lots of women willingly go into polygamous marriages, hence I don't see how this is a discrimination - I guess you have your work cut out for you in trying to sensitize women about the discriminatory nature of polygny, good luck with that.

4. Again with the customary laws, absolutely nothing to do with the sovereign constitution.

However, if women inheriting property means so much to you, what are you doing to make it normal occurrence?

Customary laws do NOT affect the lives of girls and women?

Were you not the one who supported customary laws that exclude female children from inheritance some weeks ago?
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Would you expect your son-in-law to pay a bride price for your daughter?

Trust me, I will not give them a LIST.
There is a difference between brideprice and list. A brideprice is something symbolic e.g. N25 naira, afterwhich you add to it and return it back to the couple. It is not to use to eat.

I will not bankrupt my daughter's future nuclear family by eating what my daughter should be eating for herself or investing.
There would still be wedding expenses too so it would be nothing short of EVIL to impose such on a young couple just staring out with life.

I expect them to work TOGETHER to build their family. I will not sell my daughter. These are still my children, not business clients like some weird traditionists think.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

shockedshockedshocked
Buahahahaha....oh my days, I can't even take anything you say serious after this post. You're so desperate you had to go add that bit in bold? Buahahahaha....

Did I type that bit about Africa in my post? cheesycheesy
B1tch you have just confirmed my suspicion, you are definitely mentally unstable.

I said that feminism had nothing to do with women's rights? Buahahahaha....
You are definitely a bipolar manic-depressive skank with sugar-solution for brains.

Quote where I said 'feminism had nothing to do with the success of women's rights movement' - and this time without edits. cheesycheesy

You're deranged and pathetic, PLEASE see a shrink.

If I wasn't sure you were stvpid before, I definitely am now.

You got nothing on me, you got desperate and had to edit my posts with stuff I never wrote? cheesycheesy

Oh dear, I'm so so very sad for you....darn! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
Guys, stop whinning,will u?
If u don't like something, go and fix it,simple.
All d marriage rites of various tribes as far as I'm aware of is fixed by men.
Women write their own lists based on d general lists which d men hv.
Unless u don't go home cos all of us came from somewhere and we hv what we call meetings, raise it up when men are gathered to discuss d general welfare of d community and their will be an open debate about it. That way, it will be slashed down, continuosly till it fizzle away.
That is how its done.
At least, that was how my people and d neboring towns did their own.
And then again, as ur woman what is in d constitution, don't be surprised half of the items on d lists r personal lists not necessarily part of d required things.

Most of our ladies and their families use this way to milk prospective suitor which is bad. If they give u what u can't afford, don't hesitate to pick race.

Now, u can do everything in one day, to tell u how easy it has been made.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

shockedshockedshocked
Buahahahaha....oh my days, I can't even take anything you say serious after this post. You're so desperate you had to go add that bit in bold? Buahahahaha....

Did I type that bit about Africa in my post? cheesycheesy
B1tch you have just confirmed my suspicion, you are definitely mentally unstable.

I said that feminism had nothing to do with women's rights? Buahahahaha....
You are definitely a bipolar manic-depressive skank with sugar-solution for brains.

Quote where I said 'feminism had nothing to do with the success of women's rights movement' - and this time without edits. cheesycheesy

You're deranged and pathetic, PLEASE see a shrink.

If I wasn't sure you were stvpid before, I definitely am now.

You got nothing on me, you got desperate and had to edit my posts with stuff I never wrote? cheesycheesy

Oh dear, I'm so so very sad for you....darn! cheesy

Genius explain how women have been allowed to do whatever they want in the West since the 1840s? grin grin grin
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
coogar:

why won't i see it?
i have to spend on such things to buy you like a piece of foodstuff while you are on NL claiming to be a feminist. can you not see the hypocrisy you immerse yourself into? costly shoe for FIL, undies for MIL. what kinda MIL drinks 3 cartons of beer, a carton of hot drink & snuff? you better stay in the kitchen 24/7 after i manage to pay that kind of brideprice. grin if i hear the letter "f" before you even pronounce feminism, i would give you a dirty slap. your feminism should be paying your brideprice, not me.
On a serious note, that is why u young guys should start going home and voicing out ur concerns over all these unusual traditional rites.
By d time somebody from another town tells of what he spent in ur town compared to urs and use it to ridicule ur gals, nobody will tell u and ur people to do something fast so u will not be left behind.
D thing is our guys stay in townships, never going home and still expect things to change when they r supposed to champion d change, u get it.
Its not a feminist thing. Though daughters protest to the hearing of their fathers. But d final judgement always come from d men of d house.
So men, go to work and stop whinning.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 7:59pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And that means that women have been allowed to do whatever they want in the West since the 1840s?? grin grin grin

And you ironically call other people genius? grin grin grin

And you have the audacity to call others mentally ill? grin grin grin
In a society that marginalized females, women were allowed to organize a convention in Seneca Falls, New York.
After 2 days of discussion and debate, 68 women and 32 men sign a Declaration of Sentiments, which outlines grievances and sets the agenda for the women's rights movement. A set of 12 resolutions is adopted calling for equal treatment of women and men under the law and voting rights for women.

Now genius, are you still having any doubt of your stvpidity? gringrin

Keep coming at me like this and you'll get burned so bad, you'll have to wear wigs for the rest of your pathetic life.

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
crackhaus:

In a society that marginalized females, women were allowed to organize a convention in Seneca Falls, New York.
After 2 days of discussion and debate, 68 women and 32 men sign a Declaration of Sentiments, which outlines grievances and sets the agenda for the women's rights movement. A set of 12 resolutions is adopted calling for equal treatment of women and men under the law and voting rights for women.

Now genius, are you still having any doubt of your stvpidity? gringrin

Keep coming at me like this and you'll get burned so bad, you'll have to wear wigs for the rest of your pathetic life.

How does it prove that women have been allowed to do whatever they want since the 1840s when women

- were not allowed to work without their husband's permission in Germany until 1977?

- were not allowed to vote in the USA until the 1920s?

- were not allowed to obtain degrees in the UK until the beginning of the 20th century?

Tell us genius.

So because women were allowed to organize a convention and were supported by 32 men and less than 100 people signed a convention, they were allowed to do whatever they want? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by crackhaus: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Customary laws do NOT affect the lives of girls and women?

Were you not the one who supported customary laws that exclude female children from inheritance some weeks ago?
I supported customary laws that excludes girls from inheritance some weeks ago? Buahahahaha....this skank will just keep making stuff up.

Are you finally accepting that your entire existence on NL is to stalk me? cheesycheesy

Now you bipolar manic-depressive lass, go dig up the post where I made that assertion - I promise to give you a tasty little dog bone for your effort if such a post exists. grin

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
1stCitizen:

1. 20 litres of hot drink
2. 7male goats for elders
3. 7 female goats for the old women
4. 22 Jersey, 22boats, and 10balls for
the youths.
5. 120 yards of Nigeria wax for
the young girls.
6. 30 tubers of yams and 40 sea fishes
for the oldest men and women in the
family.
7. 7 kola nuts and 10 bitter kola.
8. One bull for the king and elders in
council.
9. A sewing machine for the
younger sister.
10. 5 trip of sand and 17 bags of
dangote cement.
11.Three gallons of 20litres
palm wine.
12. 2 white sheep for her elder and
younger brothers.
13. 200 bathroom slippers for
the villagers.

14. 50liters of petrol
15. 4 handsets for her other
siblings.
16. 7 cartons each of star
beer, coke and snap.
17. The father and mother's
clothes with the sum of N180,000.
18. 2 big box that will be use to park
her clothes.
19. A white bicycle for her uncle.
20. when coming with the
above items, come with the cow
that will be killed for the marriage
ceremony.

item number 13 is epic!!!

200 bathroom slippers for all the villagers? grin cheesy grin and this same useless girls would come on NL to start claiming feminism when their neighbours in the village are church-rat poor to even afford bathroom slippers. grin cheesy

moca:

On a serious note, that is why u young guys should start going home and voicing out ur concerns over all these unusual traditional rites.
By d time somebody from another town tells of what he spent in ur town compared to urs and use it to ridicule ur gals, nobody will tell u and ur people to do something fast so u will not be left behind.
D thing is our guys stay in townships, never going home and still expect things to change when they r supposed to champion d change, u get it.
Its not a feminist thing. Though daughters protest to the hearing of their fathers. But d final judgement always come from d men of d house.
So men, go to work and stop whinning.

i don't have a problem with the culture cos i know the bride is not my equal. my in-laws can charge N50m if they so please......let the men who have a problem with paying the bride price fight their cause!

however, a woman who allowed herself to be bought like a piece of furniture has no right to claim gender equality. she was formally educated like the man that was asked to pay for her.....she probably makes as much money as the man paying her brideprice so i don't see anything else but hypocrisy here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gps Car Tracker|Live Track|Shutdown Vehicle|Replay Routes / My Brother's Ex Live-In-Lover Has Barred Him From His 2 Kids, Wants To Jail Him / My Wedding Plan Of 250k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.