Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,976 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria (16413 Views)

2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) / 7 Facts About Bride Price That Will Shock You. / Girls Who Cohabited In The University Do Not Deserve Bride Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

I called you a fool for no reason??

"Feminists do your job and stop littering the internet with your diatribe, without actually doing anything to support your movement in the real world. Young women are still being sold to the most attractive pockets, and y'all choose to stay on the internet spitting nonsense."

Nigga, you are a fool for insulting feminists for no reason. If you weren't such a fool, you wouldn't dismiss the influence/power of the internet.

"You must be ovulating - either that or my post speaks directly to your pseudo-feministic and phoney persona."

Another reason why you're a fool. Let your 'mouth' take over from your a*ss, you're spewing too much trash.

"We" as in feminists, fool.
What we have been able to achieve, the Domestic Violence Law of Lagos State (2007), Gender Based Violation Law of Ekiti State (2011).

Some organizations are Network for Pan-Afri** solida****, CAI*

Unfortunately men are creating and enforcing this laws to accommodate the ranting and nagging of women. A time will come our women will become unmanageable occasioned by this gender equality nonsense/ feminist creed, we will shove those laws and introduce a law that will permanently keep them in the KITCHEN.

I just know the western world are only but experimenting on this 'organised holocaust' called gender equality.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 10:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
I will not pay bride price, I will not buy credit and other stuffs for my gf, I will not give a dime out of my hard earned money to my wife, I will get a house help. These are things that will happen in a world of gender equality. If there is a feminist here that genuinely likes my comment, click like. smiley Hypocrites!!!

They want gender roles and still want equality. This list is just an epitome of what a man faces in africa under the guise of 'head of family.' I see the 'weaker' sex in shops built by the toil of men, while their husbands toil in harsh sun.
From primary to secondary, till university, men are made to go through harsh conditions, which these pathetic things don't care about, rather than their narrow and selfish views of life. To hell with 'head'! Who wants it anyway? That white elephant thing that brings no yield. angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Don't think everyone is a loser like you.

We have men who have better things to do than discussing menstruation on NL. grin grin grin
A real loser with dead brain.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
I will not pay bride price, I will not buy credit and other stuffs for my gf, I will not give a dime out of my hard earned money to my wife, I will get a house help. These are things that will happen in a world of gender equality. If there is a feminist here that genuinely likes my comment, click like. smiley Hypocrites!!!

They want gender roles and still want equality. This list is just an epitome of what a man faces in africa under the guise of 'head of family.' I see the 'weaker' sex in shops built by the toil of men, while their husbands toil in harsh sun.
From primary to secondary, till university, men are made to go through harsh conditions, which these pathetic things don't care about, rather than their narrow and selfish views of life. To hell with 'head'! Who wants it anyway? That white elephant thing that brings no yield. angry
Who dash monkey money?
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
AlienSPY:

Unfortunately men are creating and enforcing this laws to accommodate the ranting and nagging of women. A time will come our women will become unmanageable occasioned by this gender equality nonsense/ feminist creed, we will shove those laws and introduce a law that will permanently keep them in the KITCHEN.

I just know the western world are only but experimenting on this 'organised holocaust' called gender equality.

One hundred plus years is a pretty long time to be 'experimenting' grin grin Feminism is going no where luv, get with the program.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2014
AlienSPY:

Indeed. Tell me what else that brain of yours is filled with apart from stones?
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

Trust me, I will not give them a LIST.
There is a difference between brideprice and list. A brideprice is something symbolic e.g. N25 naira, afterwhich you add to it and return it back to the couple. It is not to use to eat.

I will not bankrupt my daughter's future nuclear family by eating what my daughter should be eating for herself or investing.
There would still be wedding expenses too so it would be nothing short of EVIL to impose such on a young couple just staring out with life.

I expect them to work TOGETHER to build their family. I will not sell my daughter. These are still my children, not business clients like some weird traditionists think.

nice

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 10:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
Shirley07:

Who dash monkey money?
Your hairy poosie cheesy
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
BananaBender:

One hundred plus years is a pretty long time to be 'experimenting' grin grin Feminism is going no where luv, get with the program.

The world had been existing for thousands of years and just a few century we dashed women, the centre can no longer hold.

That's why the Arab world is fighting tenaciously to stop the spread of this nonsense within their enclave
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 11:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Shirley07:

Indeed. Tell me what else that brain of yours is filled with apart from stones?

I hate it when an 'ordinary' woman that cannot pass urine standing upright insult me
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by emmysoftyou: 11:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
[s]
Shirley07:

Who dash monkey money?
[/s]dont call him monkey he might be rich in his own world
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 11:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:

i want to pay bride price - it's our tradition. i have been doing my research - i want to marry a woman where the brideprice is the most expensive. it would be hard for such a bride to demand equality.

the idea of the brideprice is actually a good concept. why should inlaws trust the suitors with their precious daughter if there's no evidence he's financially capable to take care of her? this was why the idea of brideprice came from. there were some traditions where men have to wrestle & the winner takes the bride. the concept is simple - they want the best man for the women.

however, our african women are now trapped - they have an identity crisis. they don't know whether to adopt the western norm wholeheartedly or stick to the african norm wholeheartedly. the super-fraudulent ones want the best of both worlds which is hypocritical in principle.

AlienSPY:

I hate it when an 'ordinary' woman that cannot pass urine standing upright insult me

[img]http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/damm-ice-cube-chris-tucker-friday-film.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 11:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
AlienSPY:

Shirley07, he just insulted your hairy poosie that way unveiled 10 yrs ago. cheesy

How much is one night stand?
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
coogar:

i want to pay bride price - it's our tradition. i have been doing my research - i want to marry a woman where the brideprice is the most expensive. it would be hard for such a bride to demand equality.

the idea of the brideprice is actually a good concept. why should inlaws trust the suitors with their precious daughter if there's no evidence he's financially capable to take care of her? this was why the idea of brideprice came from. there were some traditions where men have to wrestle & the winner takes the bride. the concept is simple - they want the best man for the women.

however, our african women are now trapped - they have an identity crisis. they don't know whether to adopt the western norm wholeheartedly or stick to the african norm wholeheartedly. the super-fraudulent ones want the best of both worlds which is hypocritical in principle.
Hmm! The identity crisis is a huge case. I just shake my head when I listen to feminist on twitter, and shake my head. How can a sensible human say she needs right to kill her child. Pathetic fo.ols!
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
coogar:

Chiaman Be like say money plenty for your hand. First of all, you know say N50m na like $350k right?
If so, make we yahn on to some kain business like dat.

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
2buff:

Chiaman Be like say money plenty for your hand. First of all, you know say N50m na like $350k right?
If so, make we yahn on to some kain business like dat.

so you don't think your bride is worth that? grin all her training, education, good genes, etc? cheesy grin

Misogynist2014:
Hmm! The identity crisis is a huge case. I just shake my head when I listen to feminist on twitter, and shake my head. How can a sensible human say she needs right to kill her child. Pathetic fo.ols!

it's the 21st century....

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
AlienSPY:

LML! This is so funny and stup1d at the same time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
AlienSPY:

Don't be too sure. So tell me what ya brain is filled with.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 11:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Your hairy poosie cheesy
Do ya female relatives grow money on theirs? No wonder you grew up abnormally which is as a result of living with strange creatures..
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 11:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Shirley07, he just insulted your hairy poosie that way unveiled 10 yrs ago. cheesy

How much is one night stand?
Your grave will be enough.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 11:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
Bride price is but almost non existence in several part of southern Nigeria particularly igboland. Family of the bride do usually take a pinch from it and returned back whatever the intending groom must have deposited. In this circumstances, It culturally ideal and traditionally demanding that a PREMIUM be placed on a bride to make her appear demanding, treasured with substantial value. Whatever we do in life, we work hard for it.

In traditional Africa, a man seek for a wife and this custom had been with our forefathers before our generation. Paying bride price signify the importance of your ability to support and maintain your wife. African societies still believe that a Man owns a home, his wife and the children within his household therefore for a man to marry, he has to satisfy certain obligations towards his inlaw before their daughter is handed to him to begin his own family unit. In present igboland, when a lady is given out in marriage, she is considered the property of the husband hence not encouraged to return home whatever the situation. It doesn't make sense for a man to 'give' out his daughter he trained and natured for years to a stranger as gift. A stipend should commensurate his effort and I think this is non negotiable atleast in this part of the world.

African societies believe that a child, particularly the girl child belongs to the society/ community and not just the parent alone. So its in place they are invited to partake in giving out of one of their own in marriage. A lot of guys make the mistakes of organising elaborate traditional marriage after 'settling' the kins men with their demands. You can gather them on the day you prefer, settle them their demands and feed them if you like.

Though my criticisms lies in the changing/ upgrading of the lists from what it use to be. Whatever it takes during our forefathers should be continued to give it that cultural feels. Nowadays list are rip off and utterly shameful.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 11:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
Shirley07:

Don't be too sure. So tell me what ya brain is filled with.

75% of the male brain is inactive throughout his lifespan yet he thinks scientifically, technologically and logically.

99.1 percent of the female brain is active and alert her entire life yet she reason and act illogical like the chimpanzees.

Imagine I dashed you 50% of my inactive brain, can it bring you up to speed?

2 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
AlienSPY:
Bride price is but almost non existence in several part of southern Nigeria particularly igboland. Family of the bride do usually take a pinch from it and returned back whatever the intending groom must have deposited. In this circumstances, It culturally ideal and traditionally demanding that a PREMIUM be placed on a bride to make her appear demanding, treasured with substantial value. Whatever we do in life, we work hard for it.

In traditional Africa, a man seek for a wife and this custom had been with our forefathers before our generation. Paying bride price signify the importance of your ability to support and maintain your wife. African societies still believe that a Man owns a home, his wife and the children within his household therefore for a man to marry, he has to satisfy certain obligations towards his inlaw before their daughter is handed to him to begin his own family unit. In present igboland, when a lady is given out in marriage, she is considered the property of the husband hence not encouraged to return home whatever the situation. It doesn't make sense for a man to 'give' out his daughter he trained and natured for years to a stranger as gift. A stipend should commensurate his effort and I think this is non negotiable atleast in this part of the world.

African societies believe that a child, particularly the girl child belongs to the society/ community and not just the parent alone. So its in place they are invited to partake in giving out of one of their own in marriage. A lot of guys make the mistakes of organising elaborate traditional marriage after 'settling' the kins men with their demands. You can gather them on the day you prefer, settle them their demands and feed them if you like.

Though my criticisms lies in the changing/ upgrading of the lists from what it use to be. Whatever it takes during our forefathers should be continued to give it that cultural feels. Nowadays list are rip off and utterly shameful.

excellent post!
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
AlienSPY:

So you w'ld sell off your daughter because you nurtured her? And fyi, a woman is not her husband's property.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 12:22am On Nov 11, 2014
AlienSPY:

75% of the male brain is inactive throughout his lifespan yet he thinks scientifically, technologically and logically.

99.1 percent of the female brain is active and alert her entire life yet she reason and act illogical like the chimpanzees.

Imagine I dashed you 50% of my inactive brain, can it bring you up to speed?
Using you as my specimen 1, I've seen nothing of these things you mentioned to make such a stupid conclusion. For the record, a chimpanzee brain functions better than yours, stone brained id1ot.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 12:23am On Nov 11, 2014
Shirley07:

So you w'ld sell off your daughter because you nurtured her? And fyi, a woman is not her husband's property.

Keep deceiving yourself.

Feminists always come from the household of WEAK men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by coogar: 12:25am On Nov 11, 2014
AlienSPY:

Keep deceiving yourself.

................or the absence of a father figure!

1 Like

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AlienSPY: 12:28am On Nov 11, 2014
Shirley07:

Using you as my specimen 1, I've seen nothing of these things you mentioned to make such a stupid conclusion. For the record, a chimpanzee brain functions better than yours, stone brained id1ot.

What I owe you and every other woman in this life is a GOOD FORK cos of the hole. That's all you are worth. Deal with it!
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:29am On Nov 11, 2014
AlienSPY:

Keep deceiving yourself.

I can also say you and your ilk come from the household of WEAK women.

SMH!

7 Likes

Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 12:30am On Nov 11, 2014
AlienSPY:

Keep deceiving yourself.

And you're from the household of greediness, opolo eye.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by AzontoGhost(m): 12:31am On Nov 11, 2014
emmysoftyou:
oh bro yu said what i heard was totally false and later said some practices matrilineal family system..
is there any different in wat i said earlier?
pls reconcile the statement and make it clear.
what I was trying to put across is that,by the matrilineal system of the akans for instance,the child is from the mother's abusua(family) and thus her hometown. but the father has full control over the child and so he has to name the child. what I refuted from your post was the part where I saw you typed something like or near-" children in Ghana bear their mothers' surnames"...its never true for both the Patrilineal and matrilineal systems...all in all,fathers own all children in Ghana and have the sole responsibility to name them whatever name they like except by Law/in special cases.
Re: Complication Behind Bride Price In Nigeria by Shirley07: 12:32am On Nov 11, 2014
AlienSPY:

What I owe you and every other woman in this life is a GOOD FORK cos of the hole. That's all you are worth. Deal with it!
You mean that's what your mum's worth to the different men she slept with?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Has Been Cheating On Me / My Wedding Plan Of 250k / Parents Who Always Fight Are Abusing Their Children Emotionally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.