Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 (89018 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Abacha, Maryam Abacha, Al-mustapha And Buhari In 1995 / Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Efewestern:

then u gat a lot of research to do.. Pls read more abt d igala's.. The igalas re even found in some part of anambra state

No Igalas in Anambra. Those communities are bilingual, with Igala ancestry. They would become fully Igbo in no distant time.

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
pazienza:

No Igalas in Anambra. Those communities are bilingual, with Igala ancestry. They would become fully Igbo in no distant time.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 11:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
Efewestern:

tat nt true bro.. The biafra troops committed alot of atrocities on the people of Uyo and annang in 1966 or i can recommend you to read a Book titled "Nigeria and Biafra My story" by Phillip effiong the chief of defence staff of the biafran armed forces on page 220 and 221..

After readin it tell me if the biafran forces treat the minority well or nt

I am yet to read the book, but whatever was in that book would not negate the fact that the British intelligence report done to acertain how the Eastern minorities would vote on Biafra, was so sure that only 1/3 of the Eastern minorities would vote against Biafra, and hence advised Gowon not to yield to calls for plebiscite offered by Ojukwu.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 12:01am On Nov 11, 2014
Efewestern:

hw will you say there is no igala in anambra.. Even the anambra state govt. Recognize them as a tribe.. News re sometimes read in Igala in Anambra after reading it in ibo... Wat re u saying.. Have you even read abt the igala's ?.. Pls sir use ur goodle

Bro don't be blind with tribal sentiment...

Those Igala communities are bilingual, and they speak an Igala dialect that is laced with lots of Igbo,that the man from Idah wont even understand. So chill, you don't know about my state,more than me.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 12:02am On Nov 11, 2014
pazienza:

I am yet to read the book, but whatever was in that book would not negate the fact that the British intelligence report done to acertain how the Eastern minorities would vote on Biafra, was so sure that only 1/3 of the Eastern minorities would vote against Biafra, and hence advised Gowon not to yield to calls for plebiscite offered by Ojukwu.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by kingslly(m): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2014
Your motives are so clear, u are here to campaign for APC.
Ymodulus:

I never did that rather I went further to immortalize saro wiwa. And give him the accolades he deserves.

I agree with you. But do not say OUR LEADERS, rather say the UMBRELLA LEADERS.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 12:08am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by solara: 12:09am On Nov 11, 2014
himkers:
OP he said all this plenty things shocked, I doubt

LOL
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 12:11am On Nov 11, 2014
Efewestern:

trying to impress your yoruba brothers.. Although tat an artificial boundary drawn by OBJ.. Wenti abia, imo or ondo they do 4 N_delta nor let anybody deceive u..igbos or yoruba re nt part of us.. Gat tat into your memory SIR

If you know me,you would know that i am indifferent when it comes to the Yorubas.

There is no "US" lol, even the Isokos rejected being part of you, so you(uhrobo) might as well stop the us ish and start answering your surname(Uhrobo).

Niger delta is an ambiguous term that represents oil producing states of Nigeria, these are: Abia, Akwa ibom,Bayelsa,Delta,Edo,Imo,Ondo,Rivers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 12:14am On Nov 11, 2014
Efewestern:

another baseless argument.. And yet there king is called "Attah"
in delta state some the ukwuani dialect is a mixture of urhobo and ibo bt tat does nt mean we call them urhobo.. Hope i made my point clear

You have no point. Anambra is an Igbo enclave. All things being equal, all groups in Anambra would embrace the Igbo identity with time. It's a natural process.

Btw, the traditional rulers in those bilingual communities in Anambra go by the title "Igwe", and not "Attah".

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by kingslly(m): 12:20am On Nov 11, 2014
Imo ,anambra and Abia are in the Niger-delta region(3 igbo states) and niger delta is not made up of just one tribe so stop making noise about niger - delta as if it belongs to your father
Efewestern:

and what makes you thinks the ogoni's will prefer dealing with BIafra.. To be frank No Niger_Delta tribe ever Agitated 4 biafra unless d little igbo ethnic group in it which does nt make up to 8-10% of our land mass.. We never want you guys and the yoruba

during the 1960' Isaac boro fought 4 N_delta republic bt later joined the nig. Army to free his people from igbo dominance..

My take on this issue is tat stop insulting our Niger Delta brother & Elders jst bcous they refuse to be ur slave.. And pls remember no N_delta land will be seceded to Biafra or arewa or odua..

#leaveusalone

5 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 12:21am On Nov 11, 2014
Efewestern:

if u treated them well y did they joined the Nig. Army ?

Lyk argue matured argument.. Biafra wa an IBO tin

We had Igbos in the Nigerian army too. No biggie.

Saro was anti Biafran, but there were many pro Biafran elders in Ogoni that were against Wiwa. When Biafra lost, the pro Biafran groups had to join the victorious Nigerian groups, failure usually is an orphan.

Many pro Biafra leaders/rulers in Eastern minorities regions were forced to either abdicate their thrones and flee,or denounce Biafra following the capture of those territories by the Nigerian army.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 11, 2014
ken saro wiwa's words earlier

"I was a graduate student when the cataclysmic events of 1966 happened. Apart from my revulsion at the needless murders of the innocent, nothing upset me more than Ojukwu's dishonest formulations and his attempt to kidnap the Ogoni, among others, into his Igbo empire called "biafra." I knew that he pinned his hopes of the economic viability of "biafra" on the oil of the Ogoni and the Ijaw. I rebelled. I became Secretary of a small committee which met nights in Port Harcourt and issued a communique calling on Gowon to create a Rivers State by decree.
"When, by sheer quirk of fortune, this happened in 1967, I abandoned family and caution, crossed the fighting lines and found myself in Lagos. There I became a member of something called the Interim Advisory Council of Rivers State and, subsequently, Administrator for Bonny. I returned to the war front and struck up friendships with gentlemen like Sani Bello who comes from Kontagora, Akinrinade from Ife, Obasanjo from Abeokuta, Yakumu Danjuma from Takum, Dan Ato, now deceased, from Bida. I had reason to hope that my nightmare as an Ogoni in Nigeria was about to end.

"With the war ended, and as a Commissioner in Rivers State, I soon found that the Rivers State for which I had fought did not end my nightmare. In the first place, oil money from Ogoni country (as well as Ijaw country) was being carted away to Lagos, leaving the Ogoni illiterate and backward. This is anti-federalism. Worse still, the Ijaws were taking their frustrations out on the non-Ijaws of the State. For the Ijaws along number more than the eight other ethnic groups in Rivers State put together. Though historically disunited, the Ijaws find unity when it comes to lording if over the non-Ijaws. The Ijaws will want to perpetuate this. Today, there is not even a Commission from my Local Government Area in the Rivers State Cabinet such as it is. My dilemma as an Ogoni is not about to end.

He blamed Igbo, Biafra, Ojukwu, Ijaw for his troubles. "Lost in this dreadful nightmare, I went in 1971 to see Chief Awolowo at the Federal Ministry of Finance. There was nothing I told the sage that he was not aware of. He showed me his writings on the issue and bade me seek the mid-Southern State he had proposed in 1966. Thus was the quest for a Port Harcourt State begun. In 1974. When we started, there was no shortage of opponents. To the Ijaws, I became a traitor. [...] The creation of this State would alleviate my nightmare and show Nigeria how much it has robbed and neglected the Ijaws of the oil-bearing Delta.

"So, what do I really want? I want a place where my children can regain the independence which was the Ogoni patrimony before the advent of colonial rule and before Nigeria's independence consigned them to slavery at the hands of their neighbours. I want the option of CHOICE. And I am not begging for it. I DEMAND it. And I also want that option for Hauwa Madugu, the 21-year-old Youth Corper in my office. She is a Jenju from Gongola State. So that we can both be better citizens of Nigeria and end our collective nightmare..", he wrote.

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/Ken-Saro-Wiwa-Hated-His-Friend/ken-saro-wiwa-hated-his-friends-.html
If the dead could talk

A summary of his life is that he chose the "friends" that promised him a Rivers state devoid of his feared Igbo domination
He got the state and rejoiced not realizing that he was supposed to shut up from them on but he couldn't,he turned against his " friends".
At the end of it all those "friends" killed him and his townsmen .
A lesson for all as he is remembered
In 1994 a year before his death,he showed up uninvited to an Ohaneze meeting in Enugu and asked NdiIgbo to forgive him and aid in his fight for self actualization.Such is life.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Zm7sWUbDWakC&pg=PA124&lpg=PA124&dq=ken+saro+wiwa+at+ohaneze+meeting&source=bl&ots=rVumdOM96Y&sig=X7OxWQvwTXDjm4TKkMmUcQ3b_wo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iVNhVIilIcGigwSKq4OoBA&ved=0CCAQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=ken%20saro%20wiwa%20at%20ohaneze%20meeting&f=false

9 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by kingslly(m): 12:45am On Nov 11, 2014
Dont mind d confused and misinformed set of pple shouting niger-delta up and down without knowing dat niger-delta is not a geo-political zone but just an area with so many tribes and some states in d south
fasbat:
what else do u want? At least ur son has been at d helms since 2010 and did Not deem it necessary to enforce d clean-up of Ogoni land ,so if another tribe get there in 2015,then u will realise dt ur region put forward 3rd eleven for d whole nation!

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Primrose91(f): 1:35am On Nov 11, 2014
I know no one is perfect, but hearing the story of Ken Saro-Wiwa is what motivated me to adopt an activist mindset. If only all Nigerians could band together under one shared identity, we could conquer our social problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz1cE5O1eF4

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by BirabilPaul(m): 1:59am On Nov 11, 2014
kokoA:
It's to long.

Because u r not reading with ur mind.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by millionaireman: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2014
All these last words of K.Saro Wiwa, especially his hope about good things in his country Nigeria..... Well, Oyibo and its Shell oil company no de listen to dat kind thing, all Oyibo wants is who go govern Nigeria and allow Oyibo take crude from Nigerdelta. Nigeria govt by born to rule no de listen to dat kin reasoning of Wiwa also. All born to rule and its allies in the south want is money from crude oil in Nigerdelta, they would care less about Wiwa's lamentations. One Nigeria, na him we de so. As long as we de for One Nigeria, are there going to be an end to the lamentatons of the Wiwas of the Nigerdelta? Grow in wisdom.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by toshmann(m): 2:27am On Nov 11, 2014
Ymodulus:
Ken Saro wiwa is an epitome example of how a country and its government should not let a foreign company exploit them all in the name of Oil , money. Its a trajectory case of an economic prophet seeing the harm a non indeginous company can wreck on indigenes of the location where the company So-Sits.

While I never knew Ken saro wiwa. Having x-rayed his non-violent campaign and struggle for light for his people and the way he his not been imortalised. I am soo worried and had to ask myself several questions about PDP , APC, Nigerian Masses

1. Has Jonathan read about Ken's history?
2. If yes then why has he not used this opportunity to effect change and actualize that goal Ken Saro Wiwa wanted. Why has he failed to realized that this is the time he needs to look beyond Umbrellized covering, so as to do something great for his nation
3. Why has the People Democratic Party not made shell face up for its crimes? Even the united state in 2009 made shell faced for the court for ken saro wiwa killings

Looking at ken saro wiwa struggle and the way he was killed, coupled with the fact that the Nigerian leaders had Saro Wiwa and his movement sentenced to death without option of Appeal all for money, I am troubled that A PROGRESSIVE WILL NEVER RULE THIS NATION

KEN SARO WIWA was a true progressive like GENERAL MUHAMMAD BUHARI. Ken was recognized, valued and cherished by the international community at larged, same way General Muhammad Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola have been worshipped and valued by the international communities.

For a country whose oil resources could have lead it to become one of the wealthiest in Africa, the Niger Delta region remains an impoverished conflict zone and is still dominated by the transnational oil companies which continue to pollute the area’s water and resources.

The memory and the courageous efforts of Ken Saro-Wiwa would live on. I know if he was alive he would have been a member of the All Progressive Congress. Sir Ken, i would like to tell you that even at your death you are already a member. Saro wiwa I love you. But the APC Progressives love you most.

Fellow Nairalanders, the story of ken saro wiwa is a valid reason as to why we need to vote APC to power come 2015. Let me live you with the modified words of a heroic progressive by name Chinua Nkelom Achebe

[size=18pt]"There was a progressive" [/size] - Albert Chinualumogu Achebe.

Ymodulus

This simple thread about ken Saro Wiwa una don turn am into politics ASAP shocked
Na wa o.

So if I start a thread on "oxygen in the red blood cell: the acrobatic experience of oxyhemoglobin under cyanide assault."
Una fit change am into politics, and somehow drag GEJ/PDP/APC/Buhari into the thread cheesy
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by naijaking1: 3:17am On Nov 11, 2014
toshmann:

This simple thread about ken Saro Wiwa una don turn am into politics ASAP shocked
Na wa o.

So if I start a thread on "oxygen in the red blood cell: the acrobatic experience of oxyhemoglobin under cyanide assault."
Una fit change am into politics, and somehow drag GEJ/PDP/APC/Buhari into the thread cheesy

Ken Saro Wiwa was all about politics, dirty, mean spirited, and opportunistic politics. A man who betrayed his own people, sabotaged his fellow eastern Nigerians because he erroneously thought that all the oil in that part of the World belonged to him, and him alone, not even his fellow Ogoni leaders who had a slightly different opinion as him.
You should see how he proudly heralded his crossing over to join the Nigerian army and helped them take PH, because the 'Igbos had disrespected him for too long'
The Hausa soldiers and their Yoruba companions would swiftly bring every thing his heart desired to light. He worshipped Awo, OBJ, Danjuma, Murtala, and a little diminutive officer called Abacha------and the rest is history.
An eloquent speaker, Ken was a poor historian, he should have learnt from Afonja in Illorin and his next door neighbor Adaka Boro who paid the ultimate price for sabotage.
Ken Saro Wiwa and his ilk are pieces of shi...t that needed to be flushed down the toilet sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by christopher123(m): 3:28am On Nov 11, 2014
Efewestern:

and what makes you think Igbos have majority in South south ?.. Have you forgotten that am from south south and you shouldn't lie to me..
The iGbos ethnic group in SS didn't take upto 10% of our land mass and population when we have d urhobos, Ijaw, itsekiri, binis, efik, egala and so on .. And to ur knowledge that qualified them to be majority abi ?

And pls don't 4get we have IJAw and the itsekiri ethnic group in ondo State presently in South west Nigeria and ondo sated being an oil producing state tat doesn't mean we South South we be dragin South west as our own.. Stop been greedy and face the fact..

You can't condemn wiwa and praise ojukwu.. Y re u guys far from the truth ? Js because we refused to fight 4 ur cause....

Are you done....now the delta north is igbo..the capital and airport in igbo land ...asaba..niw tony obuh will be the governor and igbo

Now you know rivers is 80% igbo maybe u tell me odili wike omehia and amaechi are not igbo name

Now do u know we have igbo in cross river..imoke and obioma then sunny nneji are from there do ur research

Now do u realise we still have igbo from akwa ibom the boarder areas of abia

Now go to edo state and the igbo akiri or igbanke are igbo...that is why they fear igbo dominion

Note niger delta no bi tribe wake up

This is not ogogoro drinking contest

Ijaw are few
Urhobo isoko tiny

I know and lived in warri so tell me something

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by toshmann(m): 4:08am On Nov 11, 2014
naijaking1:

Ken Saro Wiwa was all about politics, dirty, mean spirited, and opportunistic politics. A man who betrayed his own people, sabotaged his fellow eastern Nigerians because he erroneously thought that all the oil in that part of the World belonged to him, and him alone, not even his fellow Ogoni leaders who had a slightly different opinion as him.
You should see how he proudly heralded his crossing over to join the Nigerian army and helped them take PH, because the 'Igbos had disrespected him for too long'
The Hausa soldiers and their Yoruba companions would swiftly bring every thing his heart desired to light. He worshipped Awo, OBJ, Danjuma, Murtala, and a little diminutive officer called Abacha------and the rest is history.
An eloquent speaker, Ken was a poor historian, he should have learnt from Afonja in Illorin and his next door neighbor Adaka Boro who paid the ultimate price for sabotage.
Ken Saro Wiwa and his ilk are pieces of shi...t that needed to be flushed down the toilet sooner rather than later.

Another perspective.
Different strokes for different folks grin
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Dlionsheart: 4:12am On Nov 11, 2014
prophetfire:
The tragic-irony of ken saro-wiwa is that the very oppressors he helped to truncate an equaly just Biafran struggle bcs philip Effiong was made secretary to the govt of biafra instead of him,turned around and murdered him.ojukwu warned him that they plan to waste him when he started his ogoni struggle.

NOT SO MY FRIEND,
Ken-saro wiwa did not joined the Nigeria's side to truncate "the just biafran struggle" out of frustration for the appointment of Phillip Effiong as secretary to the biafran government. They were friends even before the war. NOTE: Phillip Effiong was made secretary to the Biafran government as a desperate attempt to capture the south south (through Cross Rivers and present day Akwa Ibom) to the sea and the Atlantic ocean or gain their sympathy by Ojukwu. Food supply have been cute off by then and they need food, medical attention, more sophisticated weapons to the den gun they were using and access to some foreign country that were sympathetic with the their course. Don't forget that even at this point, there were some few world figure that believed in the Biafran course. Secondly, it was a reconciliatory efforts to gain his already angered friend (Phillip Effiong) who felt let down by Ojukwu for not taking his advice or take him to confidence.

By this time however, Ken-saro wiwa was already in the winning team, the Nigerian side. If Ojukwu had captured the Niger delta, he would have won the war. He want to use the water way to access Lagos.

In any serious nation world wide, history like that of the nigeria civil war are thought in schools (and are found in their school curriculum) for their younger or unborn generation to know where they are coming from, learn some lessons from their past good and bad experiences and plan for the days ahead. Its only a joking nation with questionable intentions that ignored its history or pretend about it.

Yes, the south south were deceived to believe that we are one. Remember, it was during the civil war that they gave off their derivative formula in support of the strong central government to fun the war with the hope and promise of getting it back and getting a better Nigeria of their dreams. What happened after the war is story for the gods. Today, the south is still bagging for a mere 25% derivation but who will give them?? They sold it out to monsters.

The regrets of supporting the war (against their south east sister), the betrayal, the killing of their sons and daughters, the destruction of their land and sea -- their sources of livelihood and feelings of marginalization and silent ecological war rages across the southern (Niger delta) part of the country today.

It is now a matter of struggle for the national cake, but did anyone care that cake are baked in oven (in fierce heat)? The oven is located at the heart of the Niger delta. They suffer the heat. It's a peculiar heat, it burns all aquatic life, it burns the land/soil, it burns the air. Reducing life span of almost everything. They die to keep the soul of Nigeria economy running.

Now, there sons and daughters are there. Any difference?? Hell no. Its like the story of the hungry vulture in the desert -- they keep hope alive but hope never live. What killed hope?? Is it selfishness and greed, corruption, lack of sincere leaders, lack of true patriots with honest democratic principle, lack of vision, how strong is the 'one Nigeria's' foundation to accommodate our questionable marriage and diversity?? I leave that for you to judge.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by naijaking1: 5:24am On Nov 11, 2014
Dlionsheart:

NOT SO MY FRIEND,
Ken-saro wiwa did not joined the Nigeria's side to truncate "the just biafran struggle" out of frustration for the appointment of Phillip Effiong as secretary to the biafran government. They were friends even before the war. NOTE: Phillip Effiong was made secretary to the Biafran government as a desperate attempt to capture the south south (through Cross Rivers and present day Akwa Ibom) to the sea and the Atlantic ocean or gain their sympathy by Ojukwu. Food supply have been cute off by then and they need food, medical attention, more sophisticated weapons to the den gun they were using and access to some foreign country that were sympathetic with the their course. Don't forget that even at this point, there were some few world figure that believed in the Biafran course. Secondly, it was a reconciliatory efforts to gain his already angered friend (Phillip Effiong) who felt let down by Ojukwu for not taking his advice or take him to confidence.

By this time however, Ken-saro wiwa was already in the winning team, the Nigerian side. If Ojukwu had captured the Niger delta, he would have won the war. He want to use the water way to access Lagos.

In any serious nation world wide, history like that of the nigeria civil war are thought in schools (and are found in their school curriculum) for their younger or unborn generation to know where they are coming from, learn some lessons from their past good and bad experiences and plan for the days ahead. Its only a joking nation with questionable intentions that ignored its history or pretend about it.

Yes, the south south were deceived to believe that we are one. Remember, it was during the civil war that they gave off their derivative formula in support of the strong central government to fun the war with the hope and promise of getting it back and getting a better Nigeria of their dreams. What happened after the war is story for the gods. Today, the south is still bagging for a mere 25% derivation but who will give them?? They sold it out to monsters.

The regrets of supporting the war (against their south east sister), the betrayal, the killing of their sons and daughters, the destruction of their land and sea -- their sources of livelihood and feelings of marginalization and silent ecological war rages across the southern (Niger delta) part of the country today.

It is now a matter of struggle for the national cake, but did anyone care that cake are baked in oven (in fierce heat)? It is the oven of the Niger delta. They suffer the heat. It's a peculiar heat, it burns all aquatic life, it burns the land/soil, it burns the air. Reducing life span of almost everything. They die to keep the soul of Nigeria economy running.

Now, there sons and daughters are there. Any difference?? Hell no. Its like the story of the hungry vulture in the desert -- they keep hope alive but hope never live. What killed hope?? Is it selfishness and greed, corruption, lack of sincere leaders, lack of true patriots with honest democratic principle, lack of vision, how strong is the 'one Nigeria's' foundation to accommodate our questionable marriage and diversity?? I leave that for you to judge.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

Thank you my brother. My father used to tell us how they would go fresh water fishing along the many beautiful creeks in PH, many of them in Ogoniland before the advent of oil. Today, all those creeks are gone, thanks to sterile exploration by big oil companies supported by those who won the civil war. They get their money from Ogoni oil and take the cash back to Abeokuta, Maiduguri, Kano, and Sokoto while the people who live around the area fight among themselves on the basis of minor tribal diferences and selfishness.
Ogoni land is simply their war booty thanks to the support and assistance of the Ken Saro Wiwas of this World.
So Ken can quote the Quoran all he wanted, his fate was sealed by his shortsightedness and blind hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Nobody: 6:02am On Nov 11, 2014
Blueflame1987:

You are indeed a numb witted ethnic jingoist?...with the way you Igbos(no be only Igbos,Na marijuanas)treated the minorities of the Old Eastern Region especially the Rebisis and the Ijaws,who are notably the first occupiers of Port Harcourt.If anything like that Civil war of 1967-1970 happens again,We will not only take your asstes but your women....fucking lowlife bastard!....wait a second you dreg/wretch,which property are you even talking about?you mean the one that your people owned solely as result of the exploitation meted out on my people because of the Ojukwu led Eastern Govt?....Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa is surely in a better place than that narcissistic cowardly ogre "Ojukwu" who ran away with his family via Uli airstrip in search of "peace" according to him...hmmmmm,what kind of General abandons his troops?only the one who superitends over a dance troupe,not a military troop....Now, you tell me who was a coward between Ken and your sissy lgbo General.
with your reply to my post...It is obvious you either lack common verbal reasoning or you indeed are an ethnic jingoist , bellicose. ..All through my stay on this page , I never mentioned any tribe or ethnicity. ..I only went for the jugular of a man who we all know hated a certain ethnic group out of jealousy! !! I for one thing have no problem with either the Ijaws, the itsekiris and what have you. ..I am the type of man who does not believe in generalisation, every man is responsible for his own destiny and actions!! Ken saro wiwa hated the igbos not the Ijaws , not the ogonis for I believe that while the hard sweat acquired properties of the igbos were being converted and coverted, there were good Ijaws out there , good ogonis out there who frowned at the hodgepodge, the mishmash and the mingle mangle surrounding it....God has blessed the igbos with a forgiving spirit. ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by mbulela: 6:02am On Nov 11, 2014
Ymodulus:
Ken Saro wiwa is an epitome example of how a country and its government should not let a foreign company exploit them all in the name of Oil , money. Its a trajectory case of an economic prophet seeing the harm a non indeginous company can wreck on indigenes of the location where the company So-Sits.

While I never knew Ken saro wiwa. Having x-rayed his non-violent campaign and struggle for light for his people and the way he his not been imortalised. I am soo worried and had to ask myself several questions about PDP , APC, Nigerian Masses

1. Has Jonathan read about Ken's history?
2. If yes then why has he not used this opportunity to effect change and actualize that goal Ken Saro Wiwa wanted. Why has he failed to realized that this is the time he needs to look beyond Umbrellized covering, so as to do something great for his nation
3. Why has the People Democratic Party not made shell face up for its crimes? Even the united state in 2009 made shell faced for the court for ken saro wiwa killings

Looking at ken saro wiwa struggle and the way he was killed, coupled with the fact that the Nigerian leaders had Saro Wiwa and his movement sentenced to death without option of Appeal all for money, I am troubled that A PROGRESSIVE WILL NEVER RULE THIS NATION

KEN SARO WIWA was a true progressive like GENERAL MUHAMMAD BUHARI. Ken was recognized, valued and cherished by the international community at larged, same way General Muhammad Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola have been worshipped and valued by the international communities.

For a country whose oil resources could have lead it to become one of the wealthiest in Africa, the Niger Delta region remains an impoverished conflict zone and is still dominated by the transnational oil companies which continue to pollute the area’s water and resources.

The memory and the courageous efforts of Ken Saro-Wiwa would live on. I know if he was alive he would have been a member of the All Progressive Congress. Sir Ken, i would like to tell you that even at your death you are already a member. Saro wiwa I love you. But the APC Progressives love you most.

Fellow Nairalanders, the story of ken saro wiwa is a valid reason as to why we need to vote APC to power come 2015. Let me live you with the modified words of a heroic progressive by name Chinua Nkelom Achebe

[size=18pt]"There was a progressive" [/size] - Albert Chinualumogu Achebe.

Ymodulus

Must you politicize everything.?
APC is no different from PDP. Calling them Progressives is an insulted the word.
If Ibori joins APC after his return from prison,you will still call him a progressive.
What ideology does your APC espouse? Besides bashing the clueless GEJ?
Saro-Wiwa was a man on a godly mission.mentioning in with APC in the same sentence is an insult and you should apologise to the man's memory.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 6:04am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by naijaking1: 6:21am On Nov 11, 2014
If Ijaw people own Port harcourt, how come it's the Ikwerres and the Ogonis selling lands, while the Ijaws squart around the water front
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 6:39am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 6:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 6:54am On Nov 11, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Emeka Ihedioha & Hope Uzodinma Throw A Party After Ending Okorocha's Dynasty / Hanan Buhari Graduates With First Class From UK University (Photo) / Photos: Famous Cows Owned By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.