Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,940 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:57 AM

Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 (88881 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Abacha, Maryam Abacha, Al-mustapha And Buhari In 1995 / Late Gen. Bamidele's Last Words Before Buhari Killed Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by olisaEze(m): 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
nairaarea:
Yes he did. What is making you to doubt?
yes Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoO!i nor knw say saro wiwa na moslem. Yu be dey there whn e talk all these things
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 1:17am On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 12, 2014
himkers:
OP he said all this plenty things shocked, I doubt
I heard the regime did not allow the letter to be released
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 12, 2014
And a certain reta^ded governor from the south south immortalised Abacha.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by squaddy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Efewestern:

what resources re you talking about ?.. The resources the Igbo put in our land..

Always talking of isoko do u knw them ?. Do they support your biafra ? They were at the fore front wen Gowon was picking soldiers from SS.. We urhobo sees isoko as our brother and even on there traditional song they always say Isoko&Urhobo re 1 so wat re u saying..
I bet you tat no Delta tribe fight 4 ur biafra apart from delta North.. Biafra as an IBO tin

want to make some correction abt your post.. The Isoko and the urhobos re nt distinct tat y the colonial masters mistook us to be 1 ethnic group calling us ISOBO which both tribe resisted.. We have the same culture, we speak the same language, all most the same food, the same traditional belief.. So what re you saying..

Hw wish we re the 1 distinguishing ikwere from igbo you guys will be out here shouting bt you re doing that to others.. Tat so so selfish of you guys.. U re nt fair to others bt want others to be fair to you.. Tat my problem with ibos

Nice talking to you BRO.. Learnt 1 or 2 tins from you and i knw u too learn a little from me..

Still respect the Ibos alot and there yoruba counterpart.. My best frnd is an ibo boy, my gf is half yoruba so no hate

Can you seriously be this stupiiiiid? You sound so incoherent I must say. More like the ramblings of a deranged owl. How old are you son?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by squaddy(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
Efewestern:

Sir am 4yrs old.. You called me stupid cous i didn't subscribe to ur fucking BIafra of a thin which your Ojukwu created out of selfishness.

That what you guys always say.. Let me Guess you re an Igbo Man *90% sure*. That y u keep insulting every Niger_delta son Jst because they refuse to be ur slave.. What has Wiwa done to warrant all these insult from your fellow Igbo ?.. Or what av i don to you tat u keep insulting me, some1 u don't knw ?.. Seriously if u guys cont. Lyk this nobody will be able to accommodate you any longer.. Jst pray this country disintegrate fast so you will knw the true color of SS people you re always fooling urself around.

Tanx Sir

I was not dissapointed with your response. Any sane man can easily deduce that you are not who you claim to be. I will not honor your next dog rant with a response
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by anyaikenga: 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
HE RE-INCARNATED IN BAKASSI HE SOLD WITH GOWON TO FIGHT BIAFRA THROUGH CAMEROUN BORDER.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Efewestern: 5:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by StarCj(m): 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
otbliz:

brother i agree
no dey lazy in reading. it's necessary for to read even article bigger than this
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Dlionsheart: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
prophetfire:
God has already over-blessed nigeria. Its injustice n falsehood dt is keepin it down.until we face them n root them out naija ll not enjoy those blessings.I am irritated @ d plight of d niger-delta n the easterners.hwever if ken n others like elechi amadi n other niger deltans had pitched their tent wit biafra to face a common foe,it wld hav bn better for all.the battle they refused to fight in the 60s is now consuming their descendants n the enemy has become stronger n more viscious.ken n elechi amadi boasted in their books n public statements dt they killed biafra.THEY DENIED OTHERS JUSTICE BUT WANT JUSTICE FOR THEMSELVES.THEY HELPED NORTH TO KILL IGBOS N THE NORTH TURNED TO ANNIHILATE THEM. GOD DOES NOT SLEEP.

MY FRIEND,
do you bother to read my post before quoting me? If you do, have you said anything different from what I post earlier??

BLAME IT ON OJUKWU:
In war, you must belong to one side. In war, you must either attack your enemy or defend against your enemy. In war, there is no friend; anyone who is not for you is against you. Knowing that you're surrounded or land-locked, wouldn't it had been wise to take to confidence or create an alliance with the Niger delta or your southern brothers to form an irresistible force against your enemy?? That's where he got it all wrong. When the going gets tough for him, he resorts to penetrate through the Niger delta to access the sea so he can shell Lagos from the sea. By this time however, the Nigerian troops had already taken over the Niger delta and the west. Thanks to Gen. Gowon who ordered that the biafrans should only be captured but not to be killed. Otherwise Igbo would've been history today. He treated them like a rebellious son. The warlord had runaway by now.

At this point, what do you expect the Niger deltans to do?? Remember, one of the instincts of man is survival.

In my earlier post, I talk about regrets of the the Niger deltans. Believe me, if it were today, the story would've been different. Even as the Biafrans are still planning to go now, is there any plan or a kind of agreement with the present Niger delta
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by pazienza(m): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2014
Dlionsheart:

MY FRIEND,
do you bother to read my post before quoting me? If you do, have you said anything different from what I post earlier??

BLAME IT ON OJUKWU:
In war, you must belong to one side. In war, you must either attack your enemy or defend against your enemy. In war, there is no friend; anyone who is not for you is against you. Ojukwu wanted to conquer the Niger delta and the whole Nigeria. How possible without confiding in his brothers?? Knowing that you're surrounded or land-locked, wouldn't it had been wise to take to confidence or create an alliance with the Niger delta or your southern brothers to form an irresistible force against your enemy?? That's where he got it all wrong. When the going gets tough for him, he resorts to penetrate through the Niger delta to access the sea so he can shell Lagos from the sea. By this time however, the Nigerian troops had already taken over the Niger delta and the west. Thanks to Gen. Gowon who ordered that the biafrans should only be captured but not to be killed. Otherwise Igbo would've been history today. He treated them like a rebellious son. The warlord had runaway by now.

At this point, what do you expect the Niger deltans to do?? Remember, one of the instincts of man is survival.

In my earlier post, I talk about regrets of the the Niger deltans. Believe me, if it were today, the story would've been different. Even as the Biafrans are still planning to go now, is there any plan or a kind of agreement with the present Niger delta

Mr man, what is the name of your ethnic group?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by prophetfire: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Dlionsheart:

MY FRIEND,

BLAME IT ON OJUKWU:
In war, you must belong to one side. In war, you must either attack your enemy or defend against your enemy. In war, there is no friend; anyone who is not for you is against you. Ojukwu wanted to conquer the Niger delta and the whole Nigeria. How possible without confiding in his brothers?? Knowing that you're surrounded or land-locked, wouldn't it had been wise to take to confidence or create an alliance with the Niger delta or your southern brothers to form an irresistible force against your enemy?? That's where he got it all wrong. When the going gets tough for him, he resorts to penetrate through the Niger delta to access the sea so he can shell Lagos from the sea. By this time however, the Nigerian troops had already taken over the Niger delta and the west. Thanks to Gen. Gowon who ordered that the biafrans should only be captured but not to be killed. Otherwise Igbo would've been history today. He treated them like a rebellious son. The warlord had runaway by now.

ojukwu wntd 2 conquer d niger delta? Pls I am no longer goin to join issues wit u.stop concocting stories to justify niger-delta's sabotage.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by macof(m): 7:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
zendy:

Oh please,Awolowo was parading himself as the leader of the Yoruba people and probably rightfully was. The only thing standing in his way of pulling the west out of Nigeria where a few thousand illiterate soldiers in Ikeja Barrak led by Gowon and Murutala who were more or less surrounded by the majority Yorubas. I will never know why a man like Awolowo who knew how northern soldiers and civilians alike were murdering easterners in such gruesome ways as decapitations and disembowelment could turn around and think "people capable of such depravity are just exactly the right people for the Yorubas to be in the same nation" Was this man thinking straight at the time? He could have gone underground and made a declaration urging the Yoruba people to seize Lagos ,arrest Gowon and Murutala and declare the Oduduwa nation. Instead,he did what all the other leaders of the time except Ojukwu did. He accepted Northern domination. As for my saying that the typical Yoruba man cannot be trusted,we Igbos and Yorubas share the same sentiments about each other,it's nothing new.

Beautiful. Awolowo made a blundering mistake not to take Oduduwa people out of Nigeria.
The Northern leaders couldn't have handled a Lagos take over
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by jpphilips(m): 11:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
BADNEAT:
For a man who's headquarters operated from a house which was seized and stolen from the igbo after the civil war (chief obi) in portharcourt to have cried about injustice before being executed is a clear reflection of the fact that Nigeria still wallows in a state of colossal parakpoism, kangaroo chauvinism, nepotism and tribalism. ..may his soul remain where it belongs...igbo hater crying for justice

what is parakpoism?
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by davidonoja: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2014
kokoA:
It's to long.

it not the length
it the content. Lazy bone
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
nairaarea:
My lord,

We all stand before history. I am a man of peace, of ideas. Appalled by the denigrating poverty of my people who live on a richly endowed land, distressed by their political marginalization and economic strangulation, angered by the devastation of their land, their ultimate heritage, anxious to preserve their right to life and to a decent living, and determined to usher to this country as a whole a fair and just democratic system which protects everyone and every ethnic group and gives us all a valid claim to human civilization, I have devoted my intellectual and material resources, my very life, to a cause in which I have total belief and from which I cannot be blackmailed or intimidated. I have no doubt at all about the ultimate success of my cause, no matter the trials and tribulations which I and those who believe with me may encounter on our journey. Neither imprisonment nor death can stop our ultimate victory.

I repeat that we all stand before history. I and my colleagues are not the only ones on trial. Shell is here on trial and it is as well that it is represented by counsel said to be holding a watching brief. The Company has, indeed, ducked this particular trial, but its day will surely come and the lessons learnt here may prove useful to it for there is no doubt in my mind that the ecological war that the Company has waged in the Delta will be called to question sooner than later and the crimes of that war be duly punished. The crime of the Company's dirty wars against the Ogoni people will also be punished.

On trial also is the Nigerian nation, its present rulers and those who assist them. Any nation which can do to the weak and disadvantaged what the Nigerian nation has done to the Ogoni, loses a claim to independence and to freedom from outside influence. I am not one of those who shy away from protesting injustice and oppression, arguing that they are expected in a military regime. The military do not act alone. They are supported by a gaggle of politicians, lawyers, judges, academics and businessmen, all of them hiding under the claim that they are only doing their duty, men and women too afraid to wash their pants of urine.

We all stand on trial, my lord, for by our actions we have denigrated our Country and jeopardized the future of our children. As we subscribe to the sub-normal and accept double standards, as we lie and cheat openly, as we protect injustice and oppression, we empty our classrooms, denigrate our hospitals, fill our stomachs with hunger and elect to make ourselves the slaves of those who ascribe to higher standards, pursue the truth, and honour justice, freedom, and hard work. I predict that the scene here will be played and replayed by generations yet unborn. Some have already cast themselves in the role of villains, some are tragic victims, some still have a chance to redeem themselves. The choice is for each individual.

I predict that the denoument of the riddle of the Niger delta will soon come. The agenda is being set at this trial. Whether the peaceful ways I have favoured will prevail depends on what the oppressor decides, what signals it sends out to the waiting public.

In my innocence of the false charges I face Here, in my utter conviction, I call upon the Ogoni people, the peoples of the Niger delta, and the oppressed ethnic minorities of Nigeria to stand up now and fight fearlessly and peacefully for their rights. History is on their side. God is on their side. For the Holy Quran says in Sura 42, verse 41: "All those that fight when oppressed incur no guilt, but Allah shall punish the oppressor." Come the day.

Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa

Those where his last words

At joining the North to fight against his igbo brothers, the north still killed him like a dog for no reason.

I hope the remainders learnt their lessons.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
nairaarea:

Lazy generation

Extremely Lazy Generation!
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by olawalepopoola: 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
nairaarea:
Today what Ogoni's yearn for is the full implementation of the UNEP report/ clean up of Ogoni land and An Ogoni governor in Rivers state
But a Fulani man is spear heading its actualization not a fellow Niger Deltan
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by flyingsnail(f): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
Too bad,

Nigeria where oil is ticker than blood

sad
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by oyatz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
Stop distorting history and spreading hatred against other Nigerians.
In your ingenuity, you stated that wealth from Ogoniland is being taken to Abeokuta, Sokoto, Kano and Maiduguri but fail to mention Onitsha,Enugu, Nsukka, Aba,Owerri and Abakaliki
What's the Federal allocations of Ogun ,Sokoto,Kano or Borno compared to Rivers?

naijaking1:

Thank you my brother. My father used to tell us how they would go fresh water fishing along the many beautiful creeks in PH, many of them in Ogoniland before the advent of oil. Today, all those creeks are gone, thanks to sterile exploration by big oil companies supported by those who won the civil war. They get their money from Ogoni oil and take the cash back to Abeokuta, Maiduguri, Kano, and Sokoto while the people who live around the area fight among themselves on the basis of minor tribal diferences and selfishness.
Ogoni land is simply their war booty thanks to the support and assistance of the Ken Saro Wiwas of this World.
So Ken can quote the Quoran all he wanted, his fate was sealed by his shortsightedness and blind hatred.
Re: Ken Saro Wiwa's Last Words Before His Execution On 10 Nov. 1995 by oyatz(m): 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2017
The Niger deltans of today are better off than they were under the old Eastern Region.
Cross check the infrastructural development in Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Cross River States Vs Anambra, Enugu or IMO State.
These States have surpassed the South east in development and even in Politics. The ONLY area, south east surpass them is in POPULATION.

zendy:

I think you've got this wrong on many levels . I have read a lot about the war,watched first hand interviews of the major participants and my father was a captain in the Biafran army and has told a lot about it. I still have letters my father wrote to my mother from the war front so I can authoritatively tell you I know a thing or two about the times. Ojukwu was a man of peace. Ojukwu actually wanted Nigeria to remain one but he was not about to sacrifice his people to Northern domination in other to keep Nigeria one. The Aburi agreement which Gowon and Ojukwu signed was meant to run Nigeria as a confederation where nobody could dominate another but the greedy northerners and their lust to control the economic and political life of Nigeria led to war. Ojukwu did not fire the first shot either. As for the people of the south-South such as Ken Saro-Wiwa who fought against Biafra,what happened later? All the oil wells in the south-South are now owned by northerners. The south-South people have been bled dry because they wanted Nigeria and Ojukwu has long been vindicated. The people of the South-south jumped from the frying pan of Biafra straight into the hellfire of Nigeria because of people like Saro-Wiwa. As for Awolowo,this man came to Enugu and told a large crowd of Igbos that should the eastern people pull out of Nigeria,Yorubas would follow suit. Just like a typical Yoruba man who cannot be trusted,he chickend out and took a plum job in Gowons cabinet from where he orchestrated the economic strangulation of the easterners. Maybe Ojukwu was stubborn and high handed but I have no doubt he meant well. War situations are not normal. Saro-Wiwa paid the price for not being wise enough to see that the war to keep Nigeria one was actually a war to take over the oil of Niger-Delta people by the northerners. He was more concerned about Igbo domination not realising that he was making the situation worse by adding northerners and their Yoruba cohorts to the list. Today,the Niger-Delta people are in an even bigger prison than they were in the eastern region,even with a south-South president. Saro-Wiwa paid with his life for not knowing who his real enemy was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Niger Delta Avengers Unveils Currency / Hanan Buhari Graduates With First Class From UK University (Photo) / What Diepreye Jackson Dikibo Said About Allen Onyema In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.