Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,258 members, 7,807,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities (38478 Views)

Iran Makes This Declaration To Saudi Arabia: / Pictorial Take Away From Jonathan's Declaration Today: / APC Rubbishes Jonathan's Declaration Speech! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by McDonalds2014(m): 5:33am On Nov 10, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan’s declaration to contest for second term will hold on Tuesday (tomorrow) in six cities in Africa, United Kingdom and the United States of America,The PUNCHlearnt on Sunday.

Our correspondent learnt that while Jonathan would mount the podium at the Eagle Square in Abuja, a replica of the event would be staged in Johannesburg, South Africa; London, UK; and in four American cities of Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Houston.

The global dimension added to the President’s declaration was said to have been sponsored by his supporters and members of the Peoples Democratic Party in the Diaspora, under the aegis of the One Nigeria Coalition.

As of the time of this report on Sunday, security had already been beefed up in and around the Eagle Square, venue of the President’s declaration.

Meanwhile, the Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Prof. Rufai Alkali, has said it will be unfair to deny Jonathan the right to seek re-election on account of the insecurity in the North-East.

Alkali said this in an interview with newsmen in Abuja on Sunday. He spoke at an event to mark the President’s planned official declaration.

He was reacting to claims in some quarters that the President was insensitive to the plight of Nigerians, who had been under siege by the Boko Haram sect in the North-East.

The President’s aide said his principal felt the pains of all Nigerians and had been doing everything within his powers to deal with the situation and that it was uncharitable for anyone to use the security situation in the country to deny the President the right to seek re-election in 2015.

Alkali said, “The President took his time to say he will declare well after many others have done so.

“I feel that if others were not dissuaded by the security challenges from showing interest to contest, then I think there is no valid reason that will stop a sitting President from contesting.

“It does not make sense for you to say Mr. President should not declare or should not contest because there is crisis or security challenges but you, immediately INEC releases the time-table, rush to your party secretariat to purchase the form, organise a huge rally and dance around. I think what is good for the goose is good for the gander.”

Reacting, the National Publicity Secretary of the opposition All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said Alkali ought to advise his boss to protect Nigerians instead of trying to sell “a bad product”

“How many of our aspirants are today commanders-in-chief? Whose job is it to protect us all? Who has failed to perform this basic task of governance? I feel sorry for the presidential aides; they are labouring to sell a bad product. If I were him (Alkali) I will recommend the book ‘stopping a terrorist’ to the President,” Mohammed said.

www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-declaration-to-hold-in-six-world-cities/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by kestolove95(m): 5:40am On Nov 10, 2014
dix man must be voted out next year

202 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by pyyxxaro: 5:51am On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=kestolove95 post=27876346]dix fool most be voted out next year[/quote

Bros e too early to call person fool cry
Oya correct wetin u type
Else I nor gor give u bread and egg dis morning

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by omenka(m): 5:53am On Nov 10, 2014
They can hold a replica in heaven and in hell if they like and tell us Jesus and saTAN sponsored them, we don't care!! All we know is JonaTAN is going back to Utuoke where he belongs next year!!

204 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by retepmurt(m): 6:08am On Nov 10, 2014
No amount of pomp and pageantry(attached to)displayed during this unpopular and disesteemed declaration wil save Jonathan and his pocket of political jobbers from being disgracefully and shamefully defeated in 2015 elections.
Change of government is imminent come next year.Quote me!

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by dridowu: 6:17am On Nov 10, 2014
He can declare wherever he wishes but he should also remember that boko haram are also declaring.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by ObiOkpor(m): 6:26am On Nov 10, 2014
senseless news....
Him declare or not,it's non of my business...This guys has/have failed us so much.....

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by sebali: 6:34am On Nov 10, 2014
Stupidity at its peak.
Going abroad to campaign .
Did obama, camron or zuma campaigned in nigeria.
Jonathan has started again

139 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by saintneo(m): 6:47am On Nov 10, 2014
Animal Farm

What has the international declaration got to do to solve Nigeria's problem. If any money is spent in declaration of GEJ's candidacy abroad, I swear I will jump the ship.

Bloodsucking demons wanting the national cake to be shared abroad.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 10, 2014
We are solidly behind you Mr president. Nigerians will give you another resounding mandate and victory at the polls come 2015 .

God bless Nigeria!!

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:59am On Nov 10, 2014
This man should be ashamed of himself, declaring his intention to seek re-election in developed countries. If for nothing, the recent seizure of our money by South Africa over the planned purchase of illegal arms should discourage the planned declaration in that country.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by MduZA: 7:05am On Nov 10, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
This man should be ashamed of himself, declaring his intention to seek re-election in developed countries. If for nothing, the recent seizure of our money by South Africa over the planned purchase of illegal arms should discourage the planned declaration in that country.

my man as much as Nigerians can denie this,SA is Nigeria s role model

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by arsetalks(m): 7:13am On Nov 10, 2014
Further prove of GEJ/PDP's praise worship obsession. They are working so hard to prove their acceptability something which ought to come natural.

Some regional/religion sentimentalist may be blinded, but many of us have eyes. See you on election day.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by RockMaxi: 7:26am On Nov 10, 2014
This is not a good development. Why for God sake do we have people without hind and foresight in gorvenance.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by courage54(m): 7:30am On Nov 10, 2014
How does that amount to good leadership and acceptability?
I hope they will also conduct election in those six cities of the world. As for me and my household we are supporting and voting for BUHARI because we are tired of this clueless system of government.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-delta

Sai BUHARI

Edit,
Any TANiod Edi.ot that thinks I will reply his/her mention is on a long thing.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2014
Buhari all the way. Jonaadaft and PDP looters will be marvelled come 2015.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by kaeycea(m): 7:52am On Nov 10, 2014
kestolove95:
dix fool most be voted out next year

being respectful is not an easy character.. It takes a lot strength to attain such height... People have done it and YOU too can do it... Try harder and be counted among those who hv this sublime beauty.....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by donmalcolm21(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2014
My crystal ball says that BH will strike very hard in a state where they control on the day or the next day after his declaration. Mark my words because there is a pattern to BH onslaught.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by hardywaltz(m): 7:55am On Nov 10, 2014
Another waste of public funds.

Hope Mubi, Gworsa or Sambisa are among the cities.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by smallJagaban: 8:05am On Nov 10, 2014
FOOLISH PRESIDENT EVER RULETH- GOATLUCK EGBERE JONATHAN.DWARF

# GEJ BUS-STOP = 2015

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2014
sebali:
Stupidity at its peak.

Do u read and understand English Language? If you do, read that news again and correct your statement. Don't mislead people here

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by mrvitalis(m): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2014
ok sir....now we have an idea of u sent off party come may29 2015

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by major466(m): 8:42am On Nov 10, 2014
Now that's gonna be the mother of all rallies smiley The greatest gathering of great people with one vision. Nigeria will be great.
I see APC e minions are in pains already cheesy Don't worry. This is just the beginning of Fresh Air Part 2 to continue... cool

Let the Fresh Air Continue. cheesy

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by major466(m): 8:54am On Nov 10, 2014
sebali:
Stupidity at its peak.
Why are you guys so pained like this? grin Jonathan is declaring in Eagle Square While his supporters in South Africa, Britain, USA etc will hold a similar rally simultaneously.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by Samguine: 8:59am On Nov 10, 2014
Uhmm

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 10, 2014
GEJ is funny..he told us market women and Nigerians donate money for his presidential form and he is still telling us that this declaration will be sponsored by some Nigerians..so he is spending or has spent nothing so far based on 2015..hmmm Nigerians really like GEJ!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by alexis007(m): 9:24am On Nov 10, 2014
He's going to hold a rally in the U.S.?Not until the anti-gay law and 14-years sentence for offenders is repealed!.......campaigning in other countries?I'm not so wise...But GEJ seems to have a knack for taking his cluelessness to a whole new level each time he makes a decisions......those six countries he intended to rally in must now be thinking that every Nigerian has an outrageously low IQ-just like their president....BTW,Still a member of #TeamNotInterestedInWhoRules

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2014
omenka:
They can hold a replica in heaven and in hell if they like and tell us Jesus and saTAN sponsored them, we don't care!! All we know is JonaTAN is going back to Utuoke where he belongs next year!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by EVarn(m): 9:42am On Nov 10, 2014
MduZA:

my man as much as Nigerians can denie this,SA is Nigeria s role model
i_diot boy.who wants to look up to violent people,gays,xenophobes and western puppets.mduza,dont come here to lie too!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by youngeagle(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2014
Ride on Mr president,we that believe in Nigeria and ur administration is solidly behind you and you gonna be around till the mudafukin haters body rot......soon they will go on killing spree,bombing innocent citizens for there selfish interest,God will surely vindicate u sir.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities by jamace(m): 9:47am On Nov 10, 2014
kestolove95:
dix fool most be voted out next year
Your president a fool? Then you are a dunce to have allowed a fool to lead you. angry

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'Deaf & Dumb' Boko Haram With Charms & Bunch Of Keys Arrested By Soldiers (Pics) / Chibok Girls Alive; Many Impregnated, Carrying VVF, Other Diseases – Escapee / Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.