Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? (27523 Views)

Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? / With N20.000 Which Importation Business Am i Gonna En-back On / Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by urheme: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ymodulus:

[quote author=Ymodulus post=27878179]I will take the above to be your first time doing business. Well don't get bitter over the loss. Business is a an euphemistic risk in my own definition and the first is always the learning point. Notwithstanding your loss you can make good use of the said amount ( N20,000 ) and make reasonable profit. All depends on your logic and determination and how well you can face the world.
In Importation I always like to classify it into 4
1. The Buyers and sellers. ( They buy item and sell )
2. The Suppliers. They supply item in bulk and get money. Requires more expertise money/ experience and connection )
3. The procurement guys. They buy for people and they pay them
4. Contract getters.
With the sum of N20,000 i have this pin size advice to give you.
1. Do not rush buying any item because you see your mates buying them or its the latest fad in town. Do proper research. At times the most stupid item may be the best selling item.
2. From experience avoid items that involve large money. Try get items that requires less and profit will be high. Let's get it straight in business you have to kill your emotions and its about the final money. If you are to import get items that when you bring them in landing cost should not exceed N2000 and that when you sell them you can make gain of N800 per item at minimum.
Please for your N20,000 do not go about importing these items
a. Female Bag
b. Brazilian Hair
c. Phone. ( You need more strength to sell this but it can be so rewarding mind you. )
Avoid the above liste items. its a 20% success - 80% failure chance. Also your money won't be enough to finance it. And you may not have the required market of which is difficult this does not goes to say you can't make a profit no. But let these be your last options.
Items I did prolly advice you get, are items of less value and weight. You can look into
a ) Slippers : I mean quality in-house slippers, I know you will say am stupid or crazy but sir these is the season and many guys are raking in big money from it. From Adidas to several crazy slippers design, I will send you a manufacturer for this if you want.
b ) Wrist Watches: Like it or not these are selling items. You just need to know the right way to sell it.
c) Female Flat Shoes: female flat shoes are moving like hell. Though am not into them but I can bodly tell you people on it are ploughing in money.
d) Glasses: By glass I mean Designers glasses. Complete replica. Note I said complete replica.These replicas are exactly the same undistinguishable. I mean AAA not AA or A. Meet guys like sterdam / shinaf. They will assist for free on this. And tell you how to sell it and if you are lucky sterdam may be of greater help to you here.
e). Fashion Items: Look for items in general that are used and will get finished everyday. Items that people will always want to keep coming for. Please avoid Cream Tubes as they are contra - band but if you must go for them. Contact me I will give you a shipper to handle that.
g). Generally if you must go for an item do it under these two category. Consumable Goods or Luxury.
Mode of Selling: There are many means to sell. The easiest way is through BBM , Konga, Jumia or Nairaland Advert ( I mean paid advert offered by seun on nairaland. ). I know you may say why should I pay 2000naira for an advert for 3-4 days trust me those advert change life. You can't even get such response from google AdSense. For konga and Jumia contact the nairalander. Paradise163 she will explain all you need. And hey believe me konga and jumia is the best for you. More to it than people see. But for now rake in your money fast and clear.
Olx too is another fast means but advertising in popular locations only. Post one advert in about 6 states preferably ( Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Kano and Portharcoyt ).
Please also note this that the above advice is based on the premise that you want to venture into the buying and selling aspect of importation. And do not make mistake of trying to say you can go alone, meet guys to put you through and give you necessary assistance in one way or the other so you do not experiment with N20,000.
As I take a bow, I will like to hammer once more on my last advice. Please meet someone to guide you do not risk things anyhow. You can meet any of these guys.
MayorAll.
Youngzedd
Initialize
Paradise163 ( she will be so free. Note the other names are very busy guys. But paradise will be free. )
Nivlin
Delaruh
Sterdam
Yemi2plus
9free, etc
Many and many others.
If you want ideas about pricing of items meet Thespecialone, to me he has the best pricing idea I will support however not all times you make items cheap.
In all meet someone to coach you please and please. To further emphasize on you getting a mentor let me leave you with this quote
[size=15pt]What an elder will see when seated , you won't see even when standing on an iroko tree[/size] - Unknown . (but an Igbo adage not so sure though )
Please meet some to guide you. Thanks
Ymodulus

guy, thanks for all your advice, I really learnt a lot,

I also want to go into importation of gold plated and stainless steel jewelleries for ladies, I was in lagos market last week and no one would link me up to an importer, they all want to supply me,

my problem is I live in Abuja and I want to create monopoly in this business in my own environment, is either I import them direct or I get a wholesale dealer, there must be someone supplying these market people because they are all selling the same price.

I am planning to start with at least 1000 pices,

I beg you to help me sir.

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Cjsmack(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nice thread..

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by gbengs247: 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
Shopping on JUMIA made easy.
Our service: we help you get a discount whenever you shop on JUMIA
How it works
1. Visit www.jumia.com
2. Identity what you want to buy
3. Send to us the link
4. We help you get a discount, and tell you how much to pay when they deliver your goods.
e.g, you saw a phone on JUMIA, which cost N12,000, you send us the link, and we get a discount for you i.e maybe you pay N10,000 when JUMIA delivers to you.
Pls note that you don’t need to pay us for this service, because we get paid from JUMIA for doing this. For more info, pls call 08054446887, u can also reach us on watsapp or bbm : 7FFC85DA or E-mail us @ gbengsenterprise@yahoo.com.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Nhenhye(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ Ymodulus,thank u so much 4 ur advice n suggestions. Actually am kinda new to dis trend but thank God I met ppl lyk u here. I plan goin into importation biz to help mi little sisters in sch.but don't knw hw to go about it. For the slippers n female shoe biz,I lyk it but hw can I get started wit just 30k?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ymodulus:
I will take the above to be your first time doing business. Well don't get bitter over the loss. Business is a an euphemistic risk in my own definition and the first is always the learning point. Notwithstanding your loss you can make good use of the said amount ( N20,000 ) and make reasonable profit. All depends on your logic and determination and how well you can face the world.

In Importation I always like to classify it into 4

1. The Buyers and sellers. ( They buy item and sell )
2. The Suppliers. They supply item in bulk and get money. Requires more expertise money/ experience and connection )
3. The procurement guys. They buy for people and they pay them
4. Contract getters.

With the sum of N20,000 i have this pin size advice to give you.

1. Do not rush buying any item because you see your mates buying them or its the latest fad in town. Do proper research. At times the most stupid item may be the best selling item.

2. From experience avoid items that involve large money. Try get items that requires less and profit will be high. Let's get it straight in business you have to kill your emotions and its about the final money. If you are to import get items that when you bring them in landing cost should not exceed N2000 and that when you sell them you can make gain of N800 per item at minimum.

Please for your N20,000 do not go about importing these items

a. Female Bag
b. Brazilian Hair
c. Phone. ( You need more strength to sell this but it can be so rewarding mind you. )

Avoid the above liste items. its a 20% success - 80% failure chance. Also your money won't be enough to finance it. And you may not have the required market of which is difficult this does not goes to say you can't make a profit no. But let these be your last options.

Items I did prolly advice you get, are items of less value and weight. You can look into

a ) Slippers : I mean quality in-house slippers, I know you will say am stupid or crazy but sir these is the season and many guys are raking in big money from it. From Adidas to several crazy slippers design, I will send you a manufacturer for this if you want.

b ) Wrist Watches: Like it or not these are selling items. You just need to know the right way to sell it.

c) Female Flat Shoes: female flat shoes are moving like hell. Though am not into them but I can bodly tell you people on it are ploughing in money.

d) Glasses: By glass I mean Designers glasses. Complete replica. Note I said complete replica.These replicas are exactly the same undistinguishable. I mean AAA not AA or A. Meet guys like sterdam / shinaf. They will assist for free on this. And tell you how to sell it and if you are lucky sterdam may be of greater help to you here.

e). Fashion Items: Look for items in general that are used and will get finished everyday. Items that people will always want to keep coming for. Please avoid Cream Tubes as they are contra - band but if you must go for them. Contact me I will give you a shipper to handle that.

g). Generally if you must go for an item do it under these two category. Consumable Goods or Luxury.

Mode of Selling: There are many means to sell. The easiest way is through BBM , Konga, Jumia or Nairaland Advert ( I mean paid advert offered by seun on nairaland. ). I know you may say why should I pay 2000naira for an advert for 3-4 days trust me those advert change life. You can't even get such response from google AdSense. For konga and Jumia contact the nairalander. Paradise163 she will explain all you need. And hey believe me konga and jumia is the best for you. More to it than people see. But for now rake in your money fast and clear.
Olx too is another fast means but advertising in popular locations only. Post one advert in about 6 states preferably ( Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Kano and Portharcoyt ).

Please also note this that the above advice is based on the premise that you want to venture into the buying and selling aspect of importation. And do not make mistake of trying to say you can go alone, meet guys to put you through and give you necessary assistance in one way or the other so you do not experiment with N20,000.

As I take a bow, I will like to hammer once more on my last advice. Please meet someone to guide you do not risk things anyhow. You can meet any of these guys.

MayorAll.
Youngzedd
Initialize
Paradise163 ( she will be so free. Note the other names are very busy guys. But paradise will be free. )
Nivlin
Delaruh
Sterdam
Yemi2plus
9free, etc
Many and many others.

If you want ideas about pricing of items meet Thespecialone, to me he has the best pricing idea I will support however not all times you make items cheap.

In all meet someone to coach you please and please. To further emphasize on you getting a mentor let me leave you with this quote

[size=15pt]What an elder will see when seated , you won't see even when standing on an iroko tree[/size] - Unknown . (but an Igbo adage not so sure though )

Please meet some to guide you. Thanks

Ymodulus

CLAPZ!!! U JUST GOT ME @ UR BACK FOR THIS cool
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by swtme(f): 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ymodulus 4 Mr nairaland tongue wink

Mo n be undecided

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by buruike(f): 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ymodulus:

She say I stingy. Walahi. Bawo oremi?

LOL @ your choice of language

oh! so you r stingy hmm too badddd
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by initialize(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=urheme post=27885362][/quote]

Pick any of the listed for proper guidance...

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by urheme: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
initialize:

Pick any of the listed for proper guidance...

sir what about you? at least you are available nau
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Natasha2(f): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
Wow so informative
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Paradise163(f): 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
SunnyJ12 young has said it all

make good use of all tips
the season for good business is here

believe in yourself
work hard and see yourself smiling
#success
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by initialize(m): 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
urheme:

sir what about you? at least you are available nau

I don't do much of Jewelry but you can still contact me.

08069321572 (call, whatsapp)

Paradise163 is useful too
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
SunnyJ2:
Please which product is the best for nigeria market. I mean the ones that customer will not complain, i intend importing phones from china. which chines product is the best?
@Ymodulus
@Jaydee87
i dey hail, my oga at the top.
well u have good range of mobile from their market but I like cubot more cos the phone is sleek....
sunnyJ2 even lenovo which has the best sales last year is also a very good product..... but I prefer you go for cubot cos those I got the phone for have not complained yet...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by guyANDROID1: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ymodulus:

wow! You such a good heart.

I commend your time and good work. Its good to help a brother in needs.

Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by cleod: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2014
helo i need a good supplier for wrist , i mean good one that pple will like to patronise
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by cleod: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
THANK YMODULUS FOR YOUR ADVISE PLEASE CAN I GET A GOOD SUPPLIER OF WRISTWATCHES THANK YOU. 08064457102
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by owelle22(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
[quote author=urheme post=27885362][/quote]

I can supply you at wholesale price

if your interested indicate so we can talk business
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by urheme: 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
owelle22:

I can supply you at wholesale price

if your interested indicate so we can talk business

You did not get the purpose of this thread, i am not looking for a supplier, i want to import,
If you can help; fine

Interested anyway.

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Freaknasty: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nice and educative
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by SunnyJ2: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
jaydee87:

well u have good range of mobile from their market but I like cubot more cos the phone is sleek....
sunnyJ2 even lenovo which has the best sales last year is also a very good product..... but I prefer you go for cubot cos those I got the phone for have not complained yet...
@Jaydee87 thanks for the suggestion. please what payment method do use, i mean, Western union, UBA Africard, GTB naira master card or which one? i was told GTB naira master card is the best. is it true?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by SunnyJ2: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Paradise163:
SunnyJ12 young has said it all

make good use of all tips
the season for good business is here

believe in yourself
work hard and see yourself smiling
#success
@Paradise163 thanks for chipping in your own advice. definately am going to make good use of their advice and suggestion. wait a minute, it occured to me you are guru.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Nivlin: 10:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ymodulus, good to have you back smiley

Ymodulus has said it all
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 11:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
SunnyJ2:

@Jaydee87 thanks for the suggestion. please what payment method do use, i mean, Western union, UBA Africard, GTB naira master card or which one? i was told GTB naira master card is the best. is it true?
well I av used both banks but I advice you use UBA master card cos I tink am satisfied with them.. always use escrow means of payment....
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by dasanchez1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 10, 2014
jaydee87:

well I av used both banks but I advice you use UBA master card cos I tink am satisfied with them.. always use escrow means of payment....
Access is good. low exchange rate compared to UBA MasterCard
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
dasanchez1:
Access is good. low exchange rate compared to UBA MasterCard
at Sanchez good to know how much do access charge for per dollar.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by emerich(m): 11:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
Tnx for individual contributions, Am indeed amazed, keep up the good work.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by SunnyJ2: 6:28am On Nov 11, 2014
jaydee87:

@Jaydee87 do i need to open account before i use uba africard? please what are your challange paying escrow. is there any difficulties in the payment system? how will they know the particular goods you pay for?
if you are buying from a different seller will you pay for all at thesame time through escrow?
please your response will mean alot. thanks!!
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by dasanchez1(m): 6:55am On Nov 11, 2014
jaydee87:
at Sanchez good to know how much do access charge for per dollar.
I heard that exchange rate is high as of the moment. I used UBA MasterCard when I started the business until the time Yemi2plus introduced me to Access visa card .
At the moment , keep checking out the threads for more news on exchange rate.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 11, 2014
Ymodulus:

URL: mengjianxieye.1688.com/
Price: I won't paste the price I got if for here, because it may hamper your ability to sell. But I got it about 3 times cheaper than Alibaba.

Just chat with the lady then upload the slippers to her as a picture and tell her you want it. Please also why importing it note that it falls under custom category of Rubber and contraband, so they may add 20 extra on clearance fee. You get me. I stated this so you do not feel the freight company cheated you

If you need courier service to transport it to any state via PEACE MASS TANSIT for #100 contact me. I will send you as a text. But first I must confirm you have those slippers, as I won't want to ruin my only contact.

Thanks for your help. I will contact you...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 8:21am On Nov 11, 2014
SunnyJ2:

@Jaydee87 do i need to open account before i use uba africard? please what are your challange paying escrow. is there any difficulties in the payment system? how will they know the particular goods you pay for?
if you are buying from a different seller will you pay for all at thesame time through escrow?
please your response will mean alot. thanks!!
I prefer u open an account to be a bonafide acct holder not africard but the real uba master card...
escrow is the best payment option cos ur money is secure in case you did not get the product you can get your money back and u decide wen the seller get paid cos u must give a feedback for the seller to get paid.
aliexpress is an intermediary between buyers and sellers so wen u pay thru escrow the money goes direct to the purse of aliexpress until u get your product wen confirmed aliexpress will then pay the seller.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2014
dasanchez1:
I heard that exchange rate is high as of the moment. I used UBA MasterCard when I started the business until the time Yemi2plus introduced me to Access visa card .
At the moment , keep checking out the threads for more news on exchange rate.
yea u right exchange rate is high presently cos of our naira fall, well I will give access a chance but I prefer uba
u know its good to try other options.... but just help confirm the rate...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by dasanchez1(m): 10:09am On Nov 11, 2014
jaydee87:

yea u right exchange rate is high presently cos of our naira fall, well I will give access a chance but I prefer uba
u know its good to try other options.... but just help confirm the rate...
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Will Punish Banks, Importers Caught Round-tripping – Buhari / What Can I Import From New York And Sell In Nigeria? / How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.