Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? (27535 Views)

Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? / With N20.000 Which Importation Business Am i Gonna En-back On / Importation Business As Plan 'B'. The Nitty Gritty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by mindtricks: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2014
dasanchez1:
I heard that exchange rate is high as of the moment. I used UBA MasterCard when I started the business until the time Yemi2plus introduced me to Access visa card .
At the moment , keep checking out the threads for more news on exchange rate.

Bro, please confirm to me, I learnt Access is used to charging some money every month for running an account with them (not just because of the card). Is it still so, or what really obtains?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by babaagba1000: 12:44pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ymodulus:
I will take the above to be your first time doing business. Well don't get bitter over the loss. Business is a an euphemistic risk in my own definition and the first is always the learning point. Notwithstanding your loss you can make good use of the said amount ( N20,000 ) and make reasonable profit. All depends on your logic and determination and how well you can face the world.

In Importation I always like to classify it into 4

1. The Buyers and sellers. ( They buy item and sell )
2. The Suppliers. They supply item in bulk and get money. Requires more expertise money/ experience and connection )
3. The procurement guys. They buy for people and they pay them
4. Contract getters.

With the sum of N20,000 i have this pin size advice to give you.

1. Do not rush buying any item because you see your mates buying them or its the latest fad in town. Do proper research. At times the most stupid item may be the best selling item.

2. From experience avoid items that involve large money. Try get items that requires less and profit will be high. Let's get it straight in business you have to kill your emotions and its about the final money. If you are to import get items that when you bring them in landing cost should not exceed N2000 and that when you sell them you can make gain of N800 per item at minimum.

Please for your N20,000 do not go about importing these items

a. Female Bag
b. Brazilian Hair
c. Phone. ( You need more strength to sell this but it can be so rewarding mind you. )

Avoid the above liste items. its a 20% success - 80% failure chance. Also your money won't be enough to finance it. And you may not have the required market of which is difficult this does not goes to say you can't make a profit no. But let these be your last options.

Items I did prolly advice you get, are items of less value and weight. You can look into

a ) Slippers : I mean quality in-house slippers, I know you will say am stupid or crazy but sir these is the season and many guys are raking in big money from it. From Adidas to several crazy slippers design, I will send you a manufacturer for this if you want.

b ) Wrist Watches: Like it or not these are selling items. You just need to know the right way to sell it.

c) Female Flat Shoes: female flat shoes are moving like hell. Though am not into them but I can bodly tell you people on it are ploughing in money.

d) Glasses: By glass I mean Designers glasses. Complete replica. Note I said complete replica.These replicas are exactly the same undistinguishable. I mean AAA not AA or A. Meet guys like sterdam / shinaf. They will assist for free on this. And tell you how to sell it and if you are lucky sterdam may be of greater help to you here.

e). Fashion Items: Look for items in general that are used and will get finished everyday. Items that people will always want to keep coming for. Please avoid Cream Tubes as they are contra - band but if you must go for them. Contact me I will give you a shipper to handle that.

g). Generally if you must go for an item do it under these two category. Consumable Goods or Luxury.

Mode of Selling: There are many means to sell. The easiest way is through BBM , Konga, Jumia or Nairaland Advert ( I mean paid advert offered by seun on nairaland. ). I know you may say why should I pay 2000naira for an advert for 3-4 days trust me those advert change life. You can't even get such response from google AdSense. For konga and Jumia contact the nairalander. Paradise163 she will explain all you need. And hey believe me konga and jumia is the best for you. More to it than people see. But for now rake in your money fast and clear.
Olx too is another fast means but advertising in popular locations only. Post one advert in about 6 states preferably ( Lagos, Abuja, Kaduna, Ogun, Kano and Portharcoyt ).

Please also note this that the above advice is based on the premise that you want to venture into the buying and selling aspect of importation. And do not make mistake of trying to say you can go alone, meet guys to put you through and give you necessary assistance in one way or the other so you do not experiment with N20,000.

As I take a bow, I will like to hammer once more on my last advice. Please meet someone to guide you do not risk things anyhow. You can meet any of these guys.

MayorAll.
Youngzedd
Initialize
Paradise163 ( she will be so free. Note the other names are very busy guys. But paradise will be free. )
Nivlin
Delaruh
Sterdam
Yemi2plus
9free, etc
Many and many others.

If you want ideas about pricing of items meet Thespecialone, to me he has the best pricing idea I will support however not all times you make items cheap.

In all meet someone to coach you please and please. To further emphasize on you getting a mentor let me leave you with this quote

[size=15pt]What an elder will see when seated , you won't see even when standing on an iroko tree[/size] - Unknown . (but an Igbo adage not so sure though )

Please meet some to guide you. Thanks

Ymodulus
THIS IS A GREAT ARTICLE AND IT HAS REALLY PUT ME TO WORK...YMODULUS...iI really we need more of your guidance
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by babaagba1000: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pls how best can I contact you. Thank you
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by mindtricks: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
signz:

Download Google Chrome.

Apart from Chrome what other way please? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Intellab5: 1:09am On Nov 21, 2014
How do i handling shipping if i advertise and get sales on olx?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by signz: 5:22am On Nov 21, 2014
mindtricks:

Apart from Chrome what other way please? Thanks

Sorry na only thru chrome I sabi. Maybe other ogas here can help you.

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by arimahoseloka(m): 6:38am On Nov 21, 2014
Ymodulus:

bro please i remember u have an e book on how to buy from 1688.com please can u send it to me abeg. arimahoseloka009@gmail.com
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by mindtricks: 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2014
signz:

Sorry na only thru chrome I sabi. Maybe other ogas here can help you.

Thanks bro. The way they make it appear, it is either chrome or nothing. Still open to more info.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by SunnyJ2: 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Thanks all that contribute on this thread. well i just i want to inform you that i have successfully order for goods today on aliexpress. am waiting for the arrival of my goods.

1 Like

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by babaagba1000: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2014
SunnyJ2:
Thanks all that contribute on this thread. well i just i want to inform you that i have successfully order for goods today on aliexpress. am waiting for the arrival of my goods.

PLease I need assistant on how to place orders on aliexpress and 1688.com. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Nivlin: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2014
babaagba1000:

PLease I need assistant on how to place orders on aliexpress and 1688.com. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

What kind of assistance do you need
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by ihail(m): 10:07am On Nov 26, 2014
Everything in 1688.com is written in Chinko. How do I get d English version?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by blessedjohn: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2014
ihail:
Everything in 1688.com is written in Chinko. How do I get d English version?
facing the same prob too...
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by sodson11(m): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2014
blessedjohn:

facing the same prob too...
use google chrome
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by ihail(m): 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
K... Thanks @blessed John. Will try it out
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Scout60(m): 2:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
Ymodulus:

Pls I want to buy 50 original nokia charger but the seller said that the shipping cost is $117 using fedex. What should I do
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by SunnyJ2: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
babaagba1000:

avoid 1688.com and use aliexpress.com, alibaba, ebay, amazon and the rest because of the simplicity.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by dasanchez1(m): 9:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
babaagba1000:

on 1688.com, this link will be of help to you.

https://www.nairaland.com/1839956/it-urself-importation-1688.com-class/2

hope this helps.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by waash: 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
jaydee87:

yea u right exchange rate is high presently cos of our naira fall, well I will give access a chance but I prefer uba
u know its good to try other options.... but just help confirm the rate...

I used UBA Naira Mastercard yesterday & equivalent exchange rate was $1 = #193.25 I almost passed out. That's higher than black market rates. Stay away from UBA Mastercard for ur own good.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by jaydee87(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2014
waash:

I used UBA Naira Mastercard yesterday & equivalent exchange rate was $1 = #193.25 I almost passed out. That's higher than black market rates. Stay away from UBA Mastercard for ur own good.
thanks broda but I have suspended buying till next year cos of misplaced and delayed goods...
its not advice able to buy during festivity...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by dasanchez1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
waash:

chai,
Am not surprise sha.

But for #193 is hard to take. So bad....
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by dasanchez1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
jaydee87:

thanks broda but I have suspended buying till next year cos of misplaced and delayed goods...
its not advice able to buy during festivity...
WORD
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by McGg: 1:47am On Dec 05, 2014
pls importation gurus of aliexpress my purchases was frozen and now closed due to sellers suspicious acts,so my question is,will I still get my money back
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by solbash11(m): 4:36am On Dec 05, 2014
Scout60:

Pls I want to buy 50 original nokia charger but the seller said that the shipping cost is $117 using fedex. What should I do
In this case, make use of a shipping agent to receive your items for you in China, and forward it to Nigeria. It'll be cheaper than using FedEx or DHL.
You'll just tell the seller to use Free shipping for your goods to your shipping agent location in China. if the seller no agree to do that, just look for another seller willing to, of course you'll see.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by tayoast(m): 4:53am On Dec 05, 2014
McGg:
pls importation gurus of aliexpress my purchases was frozen and now closed due to sellers suspicious acts,so my question is,will I still get my money back

You will surely get your money back. I've been there before.
Just look for 'open dispute' and select it. Follow the pop-ups and you should be fine.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by McGg: 6:27am On Dec 05, 2014
tayoast:

You will surely get your money back. I've been there before.
Just look for 'open dispute' and select it. Follow the pop-ups and you should be fine.
I can't see the open dispute option and they said shipment completed with order closed...thanks for your reply.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by tayoast(m): 8:05am On Dec 05, 2014
McGg:

I can't see the open dispute option and they said shipment completed with order closed...thanks for your reply.

Did you at any point in time accept the shipment by clicking 'confirm order received'? If not, don't click it. You could take a screenshot of your interface for clarity.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by McGg: 12:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
tayoast:

Did you at any point in time accept the shipment by clicking 'confirm order received'? If not, don't click it. You could take a screenshot of your interface for clarity.
I didn't accept any shipment all they told me was that the order was frozen and that it will take 3 days to be verified after 3 days I checked and they are telling me order closed and order completed.I can't even open a dispute as there is no more link on my page for that.though they told me that it will take 15days to be ratified.but am just scared of being scamed
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by U4ure: 1:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
pls paradise 168 can i have your wattsapp contact number.
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by tayoast(m): 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
McGg:

I didn't accept any shipment all they told me was that the order was frozen and that it will take 3 days to be verified after 3 days I checked and they are telling me order closed and order completed.I can't even open a dispute as there is no more link on my page for that.though they told me that it will take 15days to be ratified.but am just scared of being scamed

Since it's Aliexpress, you can't get scammed.
Are you using the Android app or the Web page?
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by Scout60(m): 3:34pm On Dec 05, 2014
solbash11:

In this case, make use of a shipping agent to receive your items for you in China, and forward it to Nigeria. It'll be cheaper than using FedEx or DHL.
You'll just tell the seller to use Free shipping for your goods to your shipping agent location in China. if the seller no agree to do that, just look for another seller willing to, of course you'll see.
Ok sir.
Tanks
Re: Mini Importation Business, Am I Going Crazy Or What? by McGg: 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2014
tayoast:

Since it's Aliexpress, you can't get scammed.
Are you using the Android app or the Web page?
web page

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Can I Import From New York And Sell In Nigeria? / CBN Governor: Aishah Ahmad, 8 Others Struggle For Emefiele's Job - Daily Sun / Principles That Made Dangote The Richest Black Man On Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.