Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested (5720 Views)

Boko Haram Kingpins Busted And Arrested By Soldiers In Borno State. Photos / Fake LLM Degree Sends Nipss Boss Packing / What Is Nipss/kuru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by jara: 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2008
Ribadu deserves what he gets?
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 23, 2008
Security Stops Ribadu Gani Condemns Action
From Isa Abdulsalami, Jos

SECURITY operatives yesterday dragged the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, from the graduation ceremonies at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru.

Ribadu, who had successfully completed his course at the NIPSS, was at the Unity Hall of the institute where he and other colleagues were seated, waiting to be conferred with the Members of the National Institute (mni) when the operatives pounced on him.

He was dragged out of the hall and taken to an unknown destination within the premises of the institute.

The institute's authorities said he could not participate at the ceremony on health ground but Ribadu, who returned to Abuja yesterday, has debunked this claim.

The right link: [url]http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/article01//indexn2_html?pdate=231108&ptitle=Security%20Stops%20Ribadu[/url]
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by MaiSuya(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2008
This quote by Gani fawenhinmi over the issue, taken from the Guardian beautifully summarizes my reaction to the whole issue:

''Meanwhile, Lagos lawyer and rights crusader, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, has described as "most disheartening, absolute bizarre and unprecedentedly barbaric" the prevention of Mallam Ribadu from graduating yesterday at NIPSS, Kuru.

He said Ribadu's travails through the Yar'Adua administration shows that government has the tendencies of fascism and its profession for the rule of law "is smokescreen and hypocrisy of the worst order."   (emphasis mine)
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by lucabrasi(m): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2008
while i do not support ribadu's persecution in any shape or form,one thing we must not fail to realise is that ribadu broke the unwritten law by taking sides in politics, in spite of prof akunyili's many achievements,if she had taken sides openly like ribadu did during the obj time,she ll have made enemies as well who would have called for their pound of flesh now, what has made it worse for ribadu is that in his quest to please obj,he had burnt the bridges and have actually gone against the people who would have protected or pleaded his case at the presidency, if he had ppl like atiku hence tinubu and ac machinery pleading his case,he would have been amongst the ministers by now rather than facing persecution, i hope he has learnt his lessons that nigerian politics is murkier than the dirtiest gutter and the best recipe for survival is to keep out of it entirely and shut your mouth
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by anonimi: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2008
lucabrasi:

i hope he has learnt his lessons that nigerian politics is murkier than the dirtiest gutter and the best recipe for survival is to keep out of it entirely and shut your mouth

going by your previous posts and characterisation, i am not sure you meant what i highlighted above, you may wish to clarify.
I believe even Akunyili campaigned for PDP. Keeping out of politics entirely is impossible for a high ranking public official, businessman or celebrity.
moreover, how do we get the change we say we want if we all shut our mouths as you recommend.

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die- reggae quote
i no wan die, papa dey for house, i wan build house, i wan buy car etc- Fela
meanwhile, we dey die slowly and suddenly due to rotten infrastructures, unemployment, worstest healthcare, blackout, bad water etc
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by chidichris(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2008
on this nairaland, during his reign as efcc chairman, i once described ribadu as playing the same role as mustapha did during the abacha's regime.
ribadu was this unconstitutional that he become the second most powerful citizen in nigeria.
he derieved joy in running a country as big as nigeria alone with his obj.
i share no smpathy with him because he was living his thug life a couple of months back and the same thug life is catching up with him.
Biblically, it is written, those who live by sword will die by it so ribadu after living by sword shld learn to accept his fate by dying happily by sword.
if gani, calls the action barberic, what name does he give the action of ribadu for not honouring the invitation of efcc.
we uniannimously accepted the persecution of mustapha by obj for obeying the instructions of his master who was a military, then why are we complaining about the situation with ribadu.
ribadu shld thank his God that it has to do with yar adua bcs if atiku was in this position, he would have suffered more than sadam hussian.
ribadu felt he was above death.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by lucabrasi(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2008
@anonimi
what i meant was that people in his position i.e heading a government agency,should quit the whole political horsetrading,of course akunyili did participate but not make it personal like ribadu did, notice how she went under the radar and kept her mouth shut when adedibu accused her of being bitter?remember even the little that she did,she got away with cause adedibu is no more alive and his political machinery is in disaray.

for anyone that wants to last in their post in nigeria,they have to keep out of politics,the way it is presently practiced in nigeria, when the duo of dangote and otedola dabbled in politics during the obj regime,what happened to the refinery they paid for?same as their interests in transcorp, i could go on and on how dabbling in politics or taking it personal could hurt one's career,with examples,of course we are all by nature political animals according to aristotla but remember nigerian politics is diffrent to politics during the time of aristotle or the western world.
i hope you are not insinuating that ribadu was solely fighting for the masses and the downtrodden?he wasnt clean cut as well and has a few allegations hanging over his head,what did him in however is taking a clear side in politics(obasanjo's)akunyili quickly reverted to yar adua's side and kept her mouth shut, moreover ribadu made the mistake of betraying who would have been his safety net now i.e atiku and his political machinery, the lesson for him is that theres no permanent friend or enemy amongst seasoned and professional politicians hence obasanjo that he was fighting for now makingovertures to atiku.

to fight for change the way you surreptously put it,will require a lot of personal sacrifice and resilience, not the way ribadu went about it
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by McKren(m): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2008
lucabrasi:

while i do not support ribadu's persecution in any shape or form,one thing we must not fail to realise is that ribadu broke the unwritten law by taking sides in politics, in spite of prof akunyili's many achievements,if she had taken sides openly like ribadu did during the obj time,she ll have made enemies as well who would have called for their pound of flesh now, what has made it worse for ribadu is that in his quest to please obj,he had burnt the bridges and have actually gone against the people who would have protected or pleaded his case at the presidency, if he had people like atiku hence tinubu and ac machinery pleading his case,he would have been amongst the ministers by now rather than facing persecution, i hope he has learnt his lessons that nigerian politics is murkier than the dirtiest gutter and the best recipe for survival is to keep out of it entirely and shut your mouth

Look the reason Dora is yet to get in trouble is because those who import fake drugs do not have the amount of political clout that those who Ribadu fought against has.

And by the way, the only reason Ribadu lost this fight is because of OBJ's bad judgement on what Yar'adua is all about.

Ribadu threatened the corrupt establishment and would have wiped them away if only OBJ acted on conviction and not calculation. If El-Rufai was President today and Ribadu was IG or National Security Adviser . . . . . . . . . who is Ibori and Micheal Aondoakaa

The only message I have for the AGF is that this country has seen worse dictators, Yar'adua is a toy. If Aondoakaa thinks he can drag this country into fascism and wield all the powers in the world forever he needs to think again. They dont even have maximum loyalty from the military.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by otokx(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2008
was he really arrested? una don start o
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by lucabrasi(m): 5:11pm On Nov 23, 2008
@mckren
while i agree with you on the fake drug dealers not having the political clout to unseat dora,one thing you cannot ignore is the fact that she has always consistently kept out of active participation in politics, apart from the time she criticised adedibu ,have you heard her say anything concerning politics?

dont forget that while her own detractors dont have the clout ribadu's have,she was never as powerful as ribadu was so it sort of goes both ways, ribadu was much more powerful than she was so it stands to reason that he will have to contend with bigger enemies,

i disagree with you,if obj's bad judgement was the reason for his persection,then why are other obj candidates flourishing without persecution e.g iyabo obasanjo,akunyili,ezekwezili e.t.c
i have said it before and ill repeat it again, ribadu did what these other ones didnt dare do,that is making obj's political cause his own personal cause, you cant go scot freewhen you do that,hence my example of dangote and otedola, the worst obj would have done was to dismiss him from e.f.cc then and yar adua would have found a place for him by now or reinstated him back,especially with grateful politicians like atku and co tabling his case before yar adua and making him a art of the negotiations

yes he did threaten the corrupt establishment,but he ended up joining them by negating his achievements , remember the nwude allegation where he was accused of underselling the man's properties to himself and his cronies?
remember the many persecutions of obj's political rivals inclding disqualifying lanre tejuoso who never held a government post or was ever indicted for anything,remember what he did to atiku who was he man that brought him to aso rock and atiku's associates?there was a time in an interview atiku granted that he told his associate governors to distance themselves from him dues to ribadu's persecution of anone seen with him, you think he and his ac machnery will forget all that?

i agree with you on the last para, lets wait and see how everything will play out shall we,
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by anonimi: 5:31pm On Nov 23, 2008
@ luca,

thanks for your clarification to avoid some of us taking your words only at face value.

lucabrasi:

for anyone that wants to last in their post in nigeria,they have to keep out of politics,the way it is presently practiced in nigeria, when the duo of dangote and otedola dabbled in politics during the obj regime,what happened to the refinery they paid for?same as their interests in transcorp,

i hope you noted the roles of dangote & otedola in PDP's building launch recently. they are typical AGIP people- Any Govt In Power.

lucabrasi:

i hope you are not insinuating that ribadu was solely fighting for the masses and the downtrodden?he wasnt clean cut as well and has a few allegations hanging over his head,what did him in however is taking a clear side in politics(obasanjo's)akunyili quickly reverted to yar adua's side and kept her mouth shut, moreover ribadu made the mistake of betraying who would have been his safety net now i.e atiku and his political machinery, the lesson for him is that theres no permanent friend or enemy amongst seasoned and professional politicians hence obasanjo that he was fighting for now makingovertures to atiku.

to fight for change the way you surreptously put it,will require a lot of personal sacrifice and resilience, not the way ribadu went about it

i agree mostly with the above, esp. that Ribadu was not a saint. however we need not throw out the baby with the bath water. he was overall more than average performance in his assigned task at EFCC.
most significantly, we ALL are the greater losers for our country's inability to gradually grow democratic institutions away from personal vendettas that keep taking us two steps back after one step adavnce.
Peace!
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by brownbonno(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2008
In all honesty Ribadu did what a president cannot do that is why till date right minded people are still supporting even though he erred in few areas.After all there is no perfection in human nature.
The truth of the matter is the constitution review will steer a new direction for this nation Nigeria.Where people will be able to decide if the Nation Nigeria should remain as one country.True federalism will be defined and the federal (central) government will have minimum power on the control of the nation;s resources.
The slavery and imprisonment  of our conscience is due for libration,we sincerely hope the national assembly get the courage to live up to the expectation of the masses and do what is right.
We cannot wait and see the government and her institutions fraudulently ruining the nation to a stand still.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by anonimi: 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2008
lucabrasi:

yes he did threaten the corrupt establishment,but he ended up joining them by negating his achievements , remember the nwude allegation where he was accused of underselling the man's properties to himself and his cronies?

I thought you may not have seen the response below earlier.
-------------------------------------------

RESPONSE TO ALLEGATIONS MADE BY CHIEF EMMANUEL NWUDE

Last View on Tue 12th August, 2008
Last Modified on Sat 05th January, 2008 12:02:37 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara

Ordinarily, we would not respond in this fashion to the allegations that have been made against us in the media in recent days. However, the circumstances in which we find ourselves are not ordinary circumstances and we feel compelled to issue this statement so as to place the true facts in the public domain. We hope that, by doing this, the media and the general public will see the campaign being waged by Chief Emmanuel Nwude for what it is – a cruel and callous campaign of calumny.

The background to this matter is that between 1995 and 1998, an officer of a Brazilian bank, one Nelson Sakaguchi, was persuaded by some enterprising Nigerian confidence tricksters to steal over US$190 million from the bank and wire transfer it to these Nigerians. Chief Emmanuel Odinigwe Nwude was one of the ring leaders of this criminal gang.

Following extensive and painstaking investigations conducted in several jurisdictions, Chief Nwude and other individuals were charged with a number of offences related to the theft of the money. Almost two years after having pleaded not guilty to the charges, all the persons accused of the offences pleaded guilty to reduced charges and received various terms of imprisonment. In addition, forfeiture orders were made against specified assets, and each of them received fines in various sums. Chief Nwude was fined US$10 million. The decision of the prosecution to accept these guilty pleas, and to reduce the charges brought against the accused, was based upon agreements made by the accused and the victims of their criminal conduct. This firm represents those victims, the former majority shareholders of the Brazilian bank (Banco Noroeste S.A.).

In the case of Chief Emmanuel Nwude, the agreement he made with our clients was that he would surrender all his assets in Nigeria (the assets he declared were set out in a schedule to the agreement) and our clients would dispose of the assets
so as to realise a total net sum of US$120 million. Upon the realisation of the agreed sum, such assets as remained would be returned to him. As at December 31 2007, the sale of assets formerly belonging to Chief Nwude has resulted in the remittance of some US$74 million to our clients, and the payment by our clients of N609 million (US$5.1 million) to the Federal Government, in part satisfaction of the US$10 million fine. Our clients anticipated that Chief Nwude’s assets might not be sufficient to meet his total liability and therefore undertook to pro-rate the recoveries it made so as to ensure that the Federal Government received payments at the same time as our clients received the sums due to them. We wish to emphasise that the recovery exercise is ongoing, as the agreed sum of US$120 million is yet to be realised.

Chief Nwude’s agenda in this campaign clearly includes an effort to prevent our clients recovering the money he stole from them.
From the very outset, Chief Nwude breached the agreement with our clients by failing to produce all necessary documents of title, and by refusing to provide a statement of his assets. The assets listed in the schedule to the agreement were those discovered as a result of investigations carried out on behalf of our clients. The EFCC subsequently discovered other assets, which discovery is now the basis for his further prosecution under the EFCC Act, for failing to disclose these assets. Not only did Chief Nwude fail to comply with his obligations under the agreement, he demonstrated his lack of good faith by immediately lodging an appeal against the forfeiture order.

Our clients have, acting upon the agreement that it entered into with Chief Nwude, proceeded to dispose of the assets it has been able to bring under its control. This firm has acted for the clients in all these disposals. At no time has the EFCC been directly, or indirectly, involved in the sale of any of these assets. Indeed, before the disposal of assets commenced, the Chairman of the EFCC was explicit in his insistence that the EFCC would not be engaged in the sale of any of the forfeited assets. The assets had been forfeited to our clients and, in any event, he feared that Chief Nwude would attempt to use any involvement of the EFCC as a tool of blackmail.

The only instance of EFCC involvement in the assets was at 4 Osborne Road, Chief Nwude’s former residence. The EFCC provided security here, and following upon the sale of the property, they were present when his personal effects were evacuated. Nwude was informed when this was to occur, and he deliberately ensured that no representative of his was present. This was because he was intent on preventing the sale of the property. His personal effects were later collected from the EFCC’s custody by his brother. Video evidence of the evacuation of this property is available, as everything found in the premises were duly catalogued.

All these facts are verifiable, and we are distressed that the print media, save with one or two honourable exceptions, have not attempted to verify the information they have published, all of which was supplied by Chief Nwude, a convicted fraudster, whose stock-in-trade is the purveyance of lies. We are further distressed that the lies of such a person are now being seized upon as the basis to make unwarranted attacks on dedicated officers interested only in ensuring that this country does not remain beholden to criminals.

Reference has been made in some of the interviews given by Chief Nwude to an American citizen named “Mark”. Mark is an investigator engaged by our clients to continue the investigation of Chief Nwude’s assets. His efforts have not only helped disclose previously undeclared assets, but also the existence of a number of other victims of Chief Nwude’s criminal conduct, who have lost sums in excess of US$5 million. We cannot give details of these victims so as not to prejudice any future prosecution of Chief Nwude for these other crimes.

Having stated the foregoing, we wish to specifically indicate that some of the publications that have appeared in the media concerning us have been defamatory, and we reserve, fully, all our individual and collective rights with regard to such defamatory publications.

E. O. SOFUNDE, SAN Chief G. N. O. OSAKWE
for: SOFUNDE, OSAKWE, OGUNDIPE & BELGORE
====================================

Source Sahara  Reporters
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2008
McKren:

Look the reason Dora is yet to get in trouble is because those who import fake drugs do not have the amount of political clout that those who Ribadu fought against has.

And by the way, the only reason Ribadu lost this fight is because of OBJ's bad judgement on what Yar'adua is all about.

Ribadu threatened the corrupt establishment and would have wiped them away if only OBJ acted on conviction and not calculation.

OBJ provided Ribadu a platform on which to stand and fight corruption. that provision did not come without a hefty price attached, that every so often, Ribadu had to dance to the piper's (OBJ) tune. Either he did that or OBJ would have replaced him with someone else. Ribadu acquitted himself admirably well, considering the underlying circumstances (OBJ's ugly, malformed character) & conditions (too many conflicting and selfish interests to please on the Nigerian sociopolitical landscape). Ribadu is a very wise man, a national hero. He did the best with what little he had to work with.

McKren:

The only message I have for the AGF is that this country has seen worse dictators, Yar'adua is a toy. If Aondoakaa thinks he can drag this country into fascism and wield all the powers in the world forever he needs to think again. They don't even have maximum loyalty from the military.

precisely my greatest fear right now. these guys are so busy stealing and taking care of their corrupts cronies' whims and caprices, nobody's minding the store. a relapse into military rule will set nigeria back several generations. & this oil isnt always going to be relevant.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by McKren(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2008
ziddy I think we are on the same page

I believe Ribadu was very smart and did his job well

I was only lamenting how he lost out in the power calculation which is down to OBJ's bad decision on Yaradua
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Muza(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2008
weep not for Ribadu
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by dayokanu(m): 11:54pm On Nov 23, 2008
Ribadu in the course of his duty, Took sides with OBJ and against everyone who does not support OBJ.

Rather than being the tool for Justice he became the tool for witchhunting.

In Ondo state when Mimiko decamped, OBJ threatened him with EFCC when the guy did no wrong just because he decamped.

WHere was Ribadu when monumental frauds like the $16billion power project was going on or the N40billion Satellite scam was being done.

He got so involved that he was used to disqualify opponents of the PDP I am sure Atiku is having a good laugh right now.

So its only natural that when OBj goes down, Ribadu would have to follow him down.

And when you cant touch the BIG fish (OBJ) the disciples (Ribadu) would have to suffer for it.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by lucabrasi(m): 1:07am On Nov 24, 2008
anonimi:

i hope you noted the roles of dangote & otedola in PDP's building launch recently. they are typical AGIP people- Any Govt In Power.

true,they are but that was after they learnt their lessons not to take things too personal when dealing with politicians,i can bet you no negative words will ever come out of their mouths against any politician dead or living as they v learnt their lessons the hard way
anonimi:

i agree mostly with the above, esp. that Ribadu was not a saint. however we need not throw out the baby with the bath water. he was overall more than average performance in his assigned task at EFCC.
most significantly, we ALL are the greater losers for our country's inability to gradually grow democratic institutions away from personal vendettas that keep taking us two steps back after one step adavnce.
Peace!
im not arguing about ribadu's achievement dont get me wrong,his achievements are there for all to see,what i am saying however is that he allowed himself to be used as a pawn in the big boys game of politricks,well i think obj using ribadu started the whole vindictive politics with ribadu as the evangelist and obj as the general overseer, in that kind of situation things were going to go only one way for ribadu, you know when a lot of toes have been stepped on and he was practicing the same style of politics, its only normal that he ll be a victim sooner or later, what we should be hoping for is someone in e.f.c.c. who is not only morally upright but someone who will not allow politics and the allure of power or money to becloud their reasoning like ribadu did
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by lucabrasi(m): 1:21am On Nov 24, 2008
@anonimi
the retort to the nwude allegation you have posted still has some grey areas yet to be fully clarified,the allegation was that his already seized properties which he has already agreed should be sold was undersold through sharp practices similar to what el rufai did in abuja.

the man agreed to the crime and he was taken into efcc custody,his properties were seized and he entered into an agreement with efcc and the man that was swindled,he only started the allegations when he discovered that his properties were being undersold,considering he was under obligation to pay back the brazillian his full money,if his properties were being undersold the he ll end up losing more
brownbonno:

In all honesty Ribadu did what a president cannot do that is why till date right minded people are still supporting even though he erred in few areas.After all there is no perfection in human nature.
The truth of the matter is the constitution review will steer a new direction for this nation Nigeria.Where people will be able to decide if the Nation Nigeria should remain as one country.True federalism will be defined and the federal (central) government will have minimum power on the control of the nation;s resources.
The slavery and imprisonment of our conscience is due for libration,we sincerely hope the national assembly get the courage to live up to the expectation of the masses and do what is right.
We cannot wait and see the government and her institutions fraudulently ruining the nation to a stand still.
while there is no perfection in human nature, that phrase is at best relative because a killer or rapist might be excellent in other areas but that doesnt absolve them of being rapist or killers, the point im making here is that ribadu himself cast aspersions on his moral standing and his career when he allowed obj to use him to do his dirty work, i would have though that a morally upright man would have preffered resigning to persecuting innocent people, the case of the tejuoso man is a clear cut example of someone ribadu wrongfully accused and disqualified based on cooked up allegations, a man that has always been a private businessman,never held public post and he was disqualified,same as atiku and his many travails to the extent nigerians who knew he was as bad as obj began to feel for him.

the fact here is that nigerian politicians,government have never followed either the constitution,and will not suddenly do so because of the constitutional review,all the people you have mentioned are all in it together and ribadu is also a fellow player who got served a raw deal, dont be suprised this time next year,he ll be holding a united ntions or unicef post abroad, what we are however sorry for is that he did do a lot in spite of his negatives
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by RedHotChic(f): 6:50am On Nov 24, 2008

Ribadu threatened the corrupt establishment and would have wiped them away if only OBJ acted on conviction and not calculation. If El-Rufai was President today and Ribadu was IG or National Security Adviser . . . . . . . . . who is Ibori and Micheal Aondoakaa

The only message I have for the AGF is that this country has seen worse dictators, Yar'adua is a toy. If Aondoakaa thinks he can drag this country into fascism and wield all the powers in the world forever he needs to think again. They don't even have maximum loyalty from the military

You try well well McKren.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by RedHotChic(f): 6:54am On Nov 24, 2008
Ribadu in the course of his duty, Took sides with OBJ and against everyone who does not support OBJ.

Rather than being the tool for Justice he became the tool for witchhunting.

In Ondo state when Mimiko decamped, OBJ threatened him with EFCC when the guy did no wrong just because he decamped.

WHere was Ribadu when monumental frauds like the $16billion power project was going on or the N40billion Satellite scam was being done.

He got so involved that he was used to disqualify opponents of the PDP I am sure Atiku is having a good laugh right now.

So its only natural that when OBj goes down, Ribadu would have to follow him down.

And when you can't touch the BIG fish (OBJ) the disciples (Ribadu) would have to suffer for it.

I dont know why you guys are rejoicing on Ribadus arrest. This is a triumph of evil over good and it means the bad guys will buy themselves drink and pat each other. yaradua obviously is in Ibori's clique and they hatched this plan to disgrace the guy. The only person i pity is Waziri because she will be disgraced like this someday. Nigeria has a very long way to go and I cant believe that Nigerian citizens go about their business after an evil like this has been committed. What is NANS doing again?
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 24, 2008
RedHotChic:

I don't know why you guys are rejoicing on Ribadus arrest. This is a triumph of evil over good and it means the bad guys will buy themselves drink and pat each other. yaradua obviously is in Ibori's clique and they hatched this plan to disgrace the guy. The only person i pity is Waziri because she will be disgraced like this someday. Nigeria has a very long way to go and I can't believe that Nigerian citizens go about their business after an evil like this has been committed. What is NANS doing again?

That's typical nigerians for you; anything that has to do with wickedness, greed, corruption and status quo cools their nerves like drinking a sachet of "pure" water on a very sunny day in oshodi market.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by landis(m): 10:34am On Nov 24, 2008
Ribadu deserves what he gets.

If he was really anti-corruption guy: OBJ and Iyabo should be in Prison now.

Instead of reforming the system, he actually ruin it with his style.

He never established any code of conduct in his dealings, so they will give him none too.

Even criminals on death row are treated as human but he did not treat his victims as such.

It is pay back for him. We are a nation in ruin.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2008
landis:

Instead of reforming the system, he actually ruin it with his style.

He never established any code of conduct in his dealings, so they will give him none too.

Even criminals on death row are treated as human but he did not treat his victims as such.

It is pay back for him. We are a nation in ruin.

you dont understand. if it were possible to work in absolutes like you anti-Ribadu guys are clamouring, Yar'adua would have put the likes of Ibori, Odili & Co behind bars now. there's such a thing as political expediency. you dispense with it at your own peril.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by boyscout: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ landis
I cant believe you are celebrating the triumphs of evil over good.

Even in America where all the mighty FBI with so much capital votes and well trained human resources  have not been able to arrest all criminals in their country.But at all times are being commended for helping to reduce it.

Same here with Ribadu, he may not have arrested all corrupt persons but during his tenure as the boss of EFCC, the fear of him is the beginning of wisdom for all corrupt persons.
Despite all said, we cannot for once point at an innocent person arrested and charged by Ribadu.With the resources available he discharged his duty very well.

This has just shown us that the cabal that hold sway in this country are not done yet. I bet it will be difficult now to tell anybody working anywhere to be just.Being just in this country has high price.

The contrast between him and Prof Akunyili is that the victims of NAFDAC did not foot Yaradua election  bills or otherwise she will have been in jail by now. Remember when she went after pure water in Ibadan, Late Adedibu barked and she backed down.
In Ribadu's case when he went to the Senate to point accusing fingers he was caution by Obj ob his return, immediately Yaradua came he went after the well known public officers that enriched themselves.They promised to
1.Remove him from EFCC.
2.Demote and disgrace him.
3.Dismiss him from police force and
4.Subsequently jail him.

1 & 2 have been carried out,3 could soon be on its way as Okiro led Police force wants him to be punished for going to court to question abuse of his fundamental human right. If 3 comes to be then soon he shall be an inmate as Nwude's allegation will be the willing vehicle to take him to Kirikiri or Kubwa.

Shame Evil men have taken over our land.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Tapiya(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2008
ziddy:

you don't understand. if it were possible to work in absolutes like you anti-Ribadu guys are clamouring, Yar'adua would have put the likes of Ibori, Odili & Co behind bars now. there's such a thing as political expediency. you dispense with it at your own peril.
it is a disgrace to this country that we can see Evil take place and then be happy about it I feel really sorry for this country now I believe that something is foundamentally wrong with the country and we are headed at comdemnation may God have mercy on us.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by BigB11(m): 2:15pm On Nov 24, 2008
cool
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by McKren(m): 2:29pm On Nov 24, 2008
Till thy kingdom come, I will not agree that Ribadu was selective as EFCC boss because the premise of that argument is wrong.

No one knows who OBJ's friends are other than OBJ himself.

The idea that the selectivity argument held traction tells more about how informed we are as a Nation more than anything else. The number one opposition leader in the country who was Rtd General Buhari was never a guest of the EFCC, Ken Nnamani whose steadfastness helped defeat third term was never a guest of the EFCC.

Why because they had no question of corruption to answer. So this idea that when a thief is asked to give account of their stewardship they tell you they quarelled with the President the previous night that is why they are being persecuted is just silly.

What is even more sillier is the fact that it was Nigeria's money that was stolen and not Ribadu's. Yet Nigerians are rejoicing that Ribadu got what he deserved.

Dont tell me Mr So So has not been caught because the EFCC was not the only law enforcement agency at the time. We had the police and the ICPC too. So Ribadu can not catch everone alone.

The man did his job with distinction in my book.
Our country has a long way to go . . . . . President Yar'adua, Mike Aondoakaa, Farida Waziri and Mike Okiro should remember that power is transient.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by klomak(m): 2:39pm On Nov 24, 2008
UPDATED: Nuhu Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation Hall, wife and Children Removed.

Last View on Mon 24th November, 2008
Last Modified on Sat 22nd November, 2008 8:43:12 am
Author: Posted by Admin Sahara
SaharaReporters, New York

The Umaru Yar'adua government acted on its threat to prevent the former Chairman of the economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu from graduating from the National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Nigeria's elite personnel training school in Kuru near the city of Jos, Plateau state.

Ribadu, who was to graduate this morning, was ordered to leave the venue of the event by the head of security of NIPSS. Security agents acting on the orders of the government then dragged him out.

SaharaReporters learnt that Michael Aondoakaa, Nigeria's controversial Attorney General and Minister of Justice, and Deputy Inspector General of Police Hafiz Ringim, visited the institute last night to deliver the order by Yar'adua not to allow Ribadu to participate in today's graduation ceremony.

After Ribadu was dragged out of the ceremony, security officials also removed his wife, his six kids and 40 guests who had come to witness the ceremony from the auditorium. His children wailed as security agents removed them from the ceremony today.

A source at NIPSS told SaharaReporters that Aondoakaa, who has created a reputation as the most openly corrupt attorney general in Nigeria’s history, spoke with fury last night as he asked officials of the institute how they could allow a man fighting against the government to graduate from NIPSS.

The institute had hurriedly printed another set of brochure that listed Ribadu as a “Deputy Commissioner of Police” after the earlier one listed him as a Deputy Inspector General of Police, a position from which he was recently demoted as his persecution by the Yar'adua regime reached a boiling point.

SaharaReporters learnt that Aondoakaa did not participate in the official graduation ceremony chaired by Goodluck Jonathan, Yar'adua's colorless deputy.

Since Ribadu’s removal from the EFCC, the regime of Yar'adua has hunted him on different fronts using myriads of security agencies and tainted politicians to carry out its designs.

A few days ago, a Federal High Court judge denied Ribadu's requests to be protected from harassment by the government, the EFCC and the office of the nation's attorney general, whose bitter relationship with Ribadu led to his exit from the EFCC.

A source at Aondoakaa’s office told SaharaReporters that the attorney general was urging Yar’adua to arrest Ribadu and make him face pre-prepared charges bordering on treason and insubordination.

In a secret circular, the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) has ordered all security agencies at national border posts to arrest or incapacitate Ribadu should he be found fleeing the country. The secular described Ribadu as a “dangerous renegade police officer.”
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Moves: 2:52pm On Nov 24, 2008
One thing is Clear; No One can say that Ribadu didnt do his job well given what was available to him; What is Happening to him, will only serve as a pointer to all nigerians that corruption can not be fought against in nigeria as the cabal will not allow; Why Should they not allow him to graduate from a course he has expended his time to pass.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by Nigeria4: 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2008

You people are a disgrace to nigeria. Look I am a southerner, and it is a shame they did what they did to Nuru ribadu. I have said before that nuru should resign and leave them alone. Nigeria can not be save. So catching thief na in nigeria is a bad.

So we prefer OLE, BARAWO to continue abi. what a shame. Nuru Ribadu cases is a lesson for all of you who believe they want to save nigeria. I can see why niger delta and others want to leave Nigeria. Ask yourself with thier action , will it ever be better for nigeria,

Even Yar adua would NEVER have been president of Nigeria if not for NURU RIBADU. Yar adua own is position to Nuru Ribadu and el rufia, Not something over the internet.
Re: Ribadu Dragged Out Of NIPSS Graduation And Arrested by carmelily: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2008
I read it in the papers this morning and was shocked beyond words. shame.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Boko Haram Militants Strike Again / Black Igbo Month:history Col Joe Achuzie A Midwesterner Who Fought For Biafra / Picture: Biafra Imo Protest Was A Huge FLOP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.