Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage (2450 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria / Would You Quit Your Job If Hubby Insists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Onozboy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Women can you quit your job because of your Marriage? Oga you fit ask your madam yo quit her job because you wan marry her?
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Kanwulia: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
NEVER!!!!
Enemies of progress!!!!
He will have to go!!!! kiss
EBOLA fayarrrrrrram!!!!! kiss
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Edykul(f): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
Yes
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
Onozboy:
Women can you quit your job because of your Marriage? Oga you fit ask your madam yo quit her job because you wan marry her?
Oga, you fit ask your madam yo quit her job because you wan marry her? angry
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by sexybash(f): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Most women who did that always regretted it
Even if your husband is extremely rich as times goes on you get bored and want more out of life
Expecially when you see your peers who were able to still. Keep it together as in work and family
I was watching bloom TV
Okonji iweala said her own was just to give birth
Family members where on ground to help
If you want to enjoy your life as a wife,mother and carrier woman (Don't be. Stingy)
I can't remember when last I did my laundry
I have a help, there is washing machine, she does the cooking, she does the shopping, she comes to work everyday, I give her weekly transport allowance, I pay her salary on the 23Rd of every month. If I have to travel I talk to her mum to give allows her sleep over. I even go as far as calling her madam
I will advice every woman who intend quiting job for hubby should think twice
Life does not go as planned. Even in the biblical days women worked
We are virtuous and will remain so

4 Likes

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by rolled: 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sexy bash you don't even cook your meals?
So what do you do aside working

If you quit your job because of your hubby,years later it is still that man you gave up a lot for that will say the most hurtful words to you,if care is not taken you might go into full state of depression
He will still be the one comparing you with younger working ladies in his office
He is still the one that will get irritated seeing you home all day
He is still the one who would say you have nothing upstairs,good for nothing lazy woman
He would completely forget the days when you were a hard working single lady

So why do that to your self?

5 Likes

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Daresh(f): 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
sexybash:
Even if your husband is extremely rich as times goes on you get bored and want more out of life
Expecially when you see your peers who were able to still. Keep it together as in work and family
I was watching bloom TV
If you want to enjoy your life as a wife,mother and carrier woman (Don't be. Stingy)
I have a help, there is washing machine, she does the cooking, she does the shopping, she comes to work everyday, I give her weekly transport allowance, I pay her salary on the 23Rd of every month. If I have to travel I talk to her mum to give allows her sleep over. I even go as far as calling her madam

Abeg give me that your househelp biko.

The one I have here is just eating my food, getting fat and cannot do jack.

I sat down to work at my system this morning and floor around was so dirty and she claimed to have swept this morning. Na so I pick broom dey teach 25 year old how to sweep and mop well well

Na me dey cook. Na to boil rice and yam she dey do.

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by freecocoa(f): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
Except I have to change base after marriage and there's no room for transfer where I work but if you mean him asking me not to work, cos he can provide everything, then capital NO.

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by sexybash(f): 4:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ rolled
I cook but only on Sundays
And na to boil rice oh or boil plantain
If I do oversabi. I make pancakes or salad
If I see a meal I like I just print out the recipe bam it's done
She closes by 6 or 7 pm max
She baths the baby in the morning and evening
She goes to church on Wednesdays so she close earlier
If the baby is on medication I just tell her the time and she put alarm on her phone
I intend moving to the other side of town and will beg her parents even if is to put her in a college of education near the house
My friends say I lucky. Me I say na God oh
Less I forget her. Vegetable soup is epi
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by radiant3(f): 4:16pm On Nov 10, 2014
Capital NO!
in dis 21st century,I would nt advice a lady to quit her job because of marriage even if d lady wants to change base after marriage,d best thing to do is to get a job at her new base before getting married!
It's nt a good thing for a lady to be jobless after marriage besides there is no right thinking man that would want to settle down with a LIABILITY

It's a very bad thing for a married woman to wait till her hubby comes back from work before she buys sanitary pad nd other luxuries...

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by yme1(f): 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
NO, except in cases where I have no other option than to quit for a while. But, saying full time in order to become an housewife is a capital NO.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by freecocoa(f): 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
radiant3:
Capital NO!
in dis 21st century,I would nt advice a lady to quit her job because of marriage even if d lady wants to change base after marriage,d best thing to do is to get a job at her new base before getting married!
It's nt a good thing for a lady to be jobless after marriage besides there is no right thinking man that would want to settle down with a LIABILITY

It's a very bad thing for a married woman to wait till her hubby comes back from work before she buys sanitary pad nd other luxuries...
Madam let's be realistic please, you sound like getting a job (especially in Nigeria) is a walk in the park, I don't think it's advisable for a lady who's ready to get married and has a good man to stall until she's able to find a job after quitting one, one can be married and continue the job search, the most important thing is not to stay idle.

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by sexybash(f): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2014
freecocoa:
Madam let's be realistic please, you sound like getting a job (especially in Nigeria) is a walk in the park, I don't think it's advisable for a lady who's ready to get married and has a good man to stall until she's able to find a job after quitting one, one can be married and continue the job search, the most important thing is not to stay idle.
Enor easy oh
Most employees in Nigeria are quite sentimental about married women
When I put to bed I started working immediately
Like. 2 weeks later, cos my boss was already running mad

My phone was buzzing although
Den we strike a deal I was been paid trice my salary
Do you know cos I work 5 years in my office except you want to do a lesser job I mean from earning 300k permonth to 20k permonth
If you come marry egg head nko
Edon be for you
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by freecocoa(f): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
sexybash:

Enor easy oh
Most employees in Nigeria are quite sentimental about married women
When I put to bed I started working immediately
Like. 2 weeks later, cos my boss was already running mad

My phone was buzzing although
Den we strike a deal I was been paid trice my salary
Do you know cos I work 5 years in my office except you want to do a lesser job I mean from earning 300k permonth to 20k permonth
If you come marry egg head nko
Edon be for you

Thats why I said if one has a good man, it would go a long way to help, women please avoid egg heads.

It's not easy I know ofcourse even as a single lady sef, the idea of quitting a job and waiting to find another one before finally settling down just doesn't seem like such a good idea.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Onozboy(m): 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
NO grin
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Onozboy(m): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
Mizchief:

yes i would get a less time job for her
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Onozboy(m): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
Mizchief:

yes i would get a less time consuming job for her
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by radiant3(f): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
freecocoa:

I'm so happy u said dat the most important thing is nt to stay idle,after quitting her job,the lady could be self employed though!
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by freecocoa(f): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2014
radiant3:

I'm so happy u said dat the most important thing is nt to stay idle,after quitting her job,the lady could be self employed though!
Yes she could.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
I think I like you, Ma'am
sexybash:
I was watching bloom TV
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
It depends! cool
If circumstances warrant it, I can tell my wife to quit her job for a while.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
Some of the posters above wants what happened in the movie "MR & MRS" to happen in their homes...

Odikwa risky

Alutacontinua,when you become (m)?
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by beeevan: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
If it is a job without future, quit and look for another, if not stay where you are.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by edwife(f): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
beeevan:
If it is a job without future, quit and look for another, if not stay where you are.

Gbam,I can not for the life of me leave my house for peanut,all in the name of not staying idle... undecided undecided

All in all is about a good pay and the future.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by beeevan: 4:20am On Nov 11, 2014
edwife:

Gbam,I can not for the life of me leave my house for peanut,all in the name of not staying idle... undecided undecided

Hahahaha , one can gather experience through peanuts, it gives a boost to your CV and prepares you for the main bucks. If her job isn't paying, then she can easily drop it and look for another. I rather leave my house for peanuts than stay at home, one who is at home isn't idle but monotony drives me nuts ( if you are usually hyper) ...Every day at work breaks the monotonous life of market, kitchen, chores and more chores. This is for those in Naija though,am not sure if experience and age affects employment there.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by rolled: 9:41am On Nov 11, 2014
Start from somewhere
Am not sure if you want to keep collecting those peanuts for a long time

edwife:

Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by edwife(f): 9:42am On Nov 11, 2014
beeevan:

Hahahaha , one can gather experience through peanuts, it gives a boost to your CV and prepares you for the main bucks. If her job isn't paying, then she can easily drop it and look for another. I rather leave my house for peanuts than stay at home, one who is at home isn't idle but monotony drives me nuts ( if you are usually hyper) ...Every day at work breaks the monotonous life of market, kitchen, chores and more chores. This is for those in Naija though,am not sure if experience and age affects employment there.
You right,even here experience but I am not too sure about age.
You know,it's not only an office job that can give you experience.Some ladies with kids will leave home by 5 and return by 8pm,and still struggling to make ends meet.All their salary will be spent on transportation and child care,so what the point?Like you said,searching for a more productive job will be better.But if one has grown up kids,then you can keep the job while looking for a better one.I don't know,it might be different for other people....
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by edwife(f): 9:48am On Nov 11, 2014
rolled:
Start from somewhere
Am not sure if you want to keep collecting those peanuts for a long time

Starting from somewhere isn't bad,but I am talking about a married woman with kids.Because going for that job will require a lot of sacrifices,if it is for experience,a voluntary job with time I can manage,can give me experience.All in all its depends on individuals....
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by ifyalways(f): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2014
For marriage, No
For my family, Absolutely if there are no options.
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 11, 2014
Can only quit my job if my husband resides in another state and has a better job than I do.... if we stay in same town/state, I can't quit because we can always find a balance...
Re: Can You Quit Your Job Because Of Marriage by beeevan: 4:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
edwife:

You know,it's not only an office job that can give you experience.Some ladies with kids will leave home by 5 and return by 8pm,and still struggling to make ends meet.All their salary will be spent on transportation and child care,so what the point?

Nah this style of working to pay only transport and child-care I really no understand.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oldest Man Alive In India. "Death Has Forgotten Me" / Pls Help: May I Start To Reduce My Age Now? / My Wife Leaves Me Breathless.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.