Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,835 members, 7,806,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland (2840 Views)

Oam4j Is The Best Moderator Of Politics Section. Do We Agree? / Comment On:: Super-moderator Who Defeats Scammers & Spammers. By Seun / Moderator Of Presbyterian Church Of Nigeria Warns Against Full War In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dear Nairaland Users,

I am Stanley. I am available on the Social media platforms; FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram.

Let me state clearly at this point, that our internet Generation is the Information driven Generation.

Fortunately, Nairaland is in the forefront of the information drive for Africa. so what you need is a moderator that can manage the information available to all Nairaland sections on a daily basis and present it on time to the FrontPage to our teaming users for proper use.

There are several kinds of information which includes but not limited to; religious, political, technological, entertainment, sports, peoples opinion on issues, literature and so on.

I'm very active on the internet but i don't usually post. I've been an active Guest on nairaland for the past 5years. I Joined Nairaland Because i wanted the opportunity to serve as a Super-Mod. You can bank on this fact that i won't be sentimental in carrying out my activities and always give the users what they want at all times without interfering with their wishes or trying to influence their opinions.

From my view, The major challenge we have on nairaland is how to effectively regulate and transmit Relevant information Timely to the Front Page for users in a Professional manner.

As The New Nairaland Super-Moderator, These would be my approach to tackle this challenge:

1. As an addicted lover of information, i am actively subscribed to lots of information channels which gives me realtime access to lots of new stories so i get to read and see breaking news before it makes rounds. i'll be able to effectively take this news to nairaland in a timely and professional manner.

2. I'll use certain Criteria to Forward Posts to the FrontPage
Every new Information Posted on any section would be SCRUTINISED for AUTHENTICITY, UNIQUENESS, CREATIVITY, EMERGENCY and RELEVANCE.... Having passed these hurdles, i will forward it to the Front Page.

3. I'll Periodically remind us about the relevant information available in all sections through closed threads.

5. I WILL NOT BAN USERS FOR DEROGATORY COMMENTS; This is the hardest Part of the Job. I will only ban derogatory comments. I will rather be a source of motivation for them to try to be modest and thoughtful before posting derogatory words.

Seun, IT IS BETTER TO CONVINCE people to do what you want than to FORCE them.

SOME OF THE FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SLOW GROWTH OF NAIRALAND

The major reasons why nairaland isn't growing fast are as follows

1. The management of Nairaland needs Vision Driven and Passionate moderators. Some moderators lack long-term vision for the Platform and so they've engaged mostly in short term activities on the website.

2. The Nairaland Brand needs Rebranding, it is now seen in most quarters as the "mediocre's paradise". We must rebrand it to be seen as the "Information Hub" of Nigeria

3. Nairaland lacks programmes to engage its users with real life Public Figures(from any field). We can make plans to bring Influential figures to nairaland and Publicise a date where users would login to discuss, ask questions or share views with such Public Figures.

4 Nairaland Needs Non-Partisan Moderators that can effectively transmit information without Bias, Sentiments and fear of acceptance or rejection for doing his job Professionally.

I can't state all the reasons and solutions here but i know together we can create a Blueprint or master plan that can effectively Transform Nairaland into becoming the Giant it would eventually be.

I am hardworking, honest, sincere, enterprising and more passionate about leaving a positive impact in the lives of people. Working with you on this platform would definitely prove my worth.

I'm very approachable and humble, ever ready to learn and take up new tasks. i'll definitely have all the time to effectively moderate Nairaland in accordance with your vision for the platform.

Seun, thoughtfully go through my request and give it a favourable response. Nairaland will rule the world shortly. God Bless you.

Nairalanders, i want you all to thoroughly review my write-up, give me new ideas and keep informing Seun about my Passionate desire to become the Super-Mod of Nairaland.

Thank You.

Yours Sincerely,

Stanley A.

Everyone feel free to ask me questions here or at your convenience on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram @stanadeniyi

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Firefire(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2014
Welcome on board Stanley
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by kelvincoll(m): 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
Aii Aii Captain!!>>> wink
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
Firefire:
Welcome on board Stanley

Thank You Very much Firefire. What are your candid thoughts about my vision for Nairaland. Ensure you Bring Seun here too. Thank You.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
kelvincoll:
Aii Aii Captain!!>>> wink

Thank you kevincoll for calling me a Captain of Nairaland- lol. Please inform the commander in chief Seun to make it Official. i would also want to know your thoughts about my Blueprint for Nairaland.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
Nice proposal.

I pray that you will be able to achieve this as some diehards and paid political commentators will be out to frustrate you.

This people are called the Janj@weeds.

2 Likes

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by najoke: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dominiquez:
Nice proposal.

I pray that you will be able to achieve this as some diehards and paid political commentators will be out to frustrate you.

^
And the TANdriod too.................

9 Likes

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dominiquez:
Nice proposal.

Thanks for Appreciating the Proposal. Also help me mention and inform Seun to also see this and approve my request.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
najoke:

^

Thanks for your viewing the thread. What do you think about my Blueprint for Nairaland? Please ensure to inform Seun about this Thread.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by focus7: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
You are welcome stanley, I pray that God gives u the grace to Nairaland to another level.

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2014
focus7:
You are welcome stanley, I pray that God gives u the grace to Nairaland to another level.

Amen... Thank You Focus7. Please Also inform Seun about the BluePrints to Take Nairaland Higher...
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Kokorokoo: 2:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
Seeing is believing
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Welcome Stanley.

I see the zeal you have for this site. I see you have also taken time to research and prescribe solutions to the problems in Nairaland. Especially the "Not Banning anyone but their comments". I really hope Seun Hires you. Cheers.

Long live Seun
Long live Nairaland
Long live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by coldsummer: 2:54pm On Nov 10, 2014
The guy is not even a super moderator and y'all are welcoming anf congratulating him. Stanley, ban all of them that commented without reading your post...that's if at all your dream comes to life
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 10, 2014
@ Stanley I wish you well
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by henchamb(m): 3:02pm On Nov 10, 2014
promise me that you will sack antiSPERMbot as a mod and i will advance your course. reason been that light and darkness cant work together, ye art thou light.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 10, 2014
You won't ban anyone that makes a derogatory remarks.

Mtcheew! Which kain yeye vision.

2 Likes

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Sigh!

Dude is not super-moderator yet, talk-more of achieving anything on this site and y'all are welcoming him. He's still wishing though.

Smh

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
Kokorokoo:
Seeing is believing

This is very True, I Look Forward to Seun's Approval of my Role. You would see my Activities and Believe my Results. Thank You so much for this Strategic Contribution.

1 Like

Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
KiddaBlingzz:
Welcome Stanley.

I see the zeal you have for this site. I see you have also taken time to research and prescribe solutions to the problems in Nairaland. Especially the "Not Banning anyone but their comments". I really hope Seun Hires you. Cheers.

Long live Seun
Long live Nairaland
Long live Nigeria

Thank You So Much KiddaBlingzz. I know Together we will Positively grow Nairaland into becoming Africa's First Choice Forum
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2014
coldsummer:
The guy is not even a super moderator and y'all are welcoming anf congratulating him. Stanley, ban all of them that commented without reading your post...that's if at all your dream comes to life

Thank You So Much coldsummer. They Believe so much in the BluePrint I guess... My Request would definitely become reality. Let's get Seun to see the Thread.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 10, 2014
barcanista:
@ Stanley I wish you well

Thank You so much. This is Highly Appreciated.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
henchamb:
promise me that you will sack antiSPERMbot as a mod and i will advance your course. reason been that light and darkness cant work together, ye art thou light.

I'll definitely consider with great importance and careful considerations to make the right decisions. Thank you so much for your contribution.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by gsainttrinity(m): 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
I like the idea of making the ''Nigerian'' brand a strong, competitive, positive and viable as this will make every other businesses, ideas or endeavors like nairaland a success.
I guess we were too short sighted to grasp the forsight of our dearly beloved late dr. Dora akunyili.

Nigeria needs to be associated with jumia and nairaland, not yahoo yahoo boys.

Nigeria needs to be known for industries and not boko haram

Nigeria needs to be known for rule of law and true democracy not PDP..

So, my (super mod) are you an APC member?
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2014
FrancisTony:
You won't ban anyone that makes a derogatory remarks.

Mtcheew! Which kain yeye vision.

Thank you so much for pointing out this crucial and controversial issue.

I believe making users understand why they should naturally stop using derogatory or provocating words will go a long way to help us to quickly stop the use of those words, because it becomes a wilful decision of every user and the culture would be passed on to newer users to adapt easily.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 10, 2014
FrancisTony:
Sigh!

Dude is not super-moderator yet, talk-more of achieving anything on this site and y'all are welcoming him. He's still wishing though.

Smh

Yeah, You are so correct. Please join me to bring Seun's Attention to this BluePrint to Make me officially the Super Mod.

Thanks a lot.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Ajascolove(m): 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dominiquez:
Nice proposal.

This people are called the saTANs.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2014
gsainttrinity:
I like the idea of making the ''Nigerian'' brand a strong, competitive, positive and viable as this will make every other businesses, ideas or endeavors like nairaland a success.
I guess we were too short sighted to grasp the forsight of our dearly beloved late dr. Dora akunyili.

Nigeria needs to be associated with jumia and nairaland, not yahoo yahoo boys.

Nigeria needs to be known for industries and not boko haram

Nigeria needs to be known for rule of law and true democracy not PDP..

So, my (super mod) are you an APC member?

Honestly, I have not given Political affiliation a deep thought. I am more of a technocrat that is Passionate about adding value Humanity irrespective of where i find myself.

Thank You so much for this Question, I'll consider this in years to come.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by herald9: 3:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
You see vision pass T.B Joshua sef.
Your mission can never be impossible.

Nice proposition... if you actually get this job...it'll be a landmark achievement for Seun.
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Ajascolove(m): 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
najoke:

^
God bless you
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by Mixty: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Save for one or 2 ,your proposals are generic. The only 2 specific goals are
1) Not banning monikers but comments - Well, let's see how it works. It's a good initiative but I don't know if it is workable, especially Nairaland politics section. You might likely be overwhelmed at the number of posts and comments you will hide.

3) Inviting notable people for an interactive session - I will say that's a nice idea. Workability still remains a challenge, since this is an internet based forum. I hope you achieve this.

Others are neither here nor there? How do you intend to rebrand Nairaland? How do you intend to make Nairaland an Information Hub, when we are all aware that Nairaland only reports news from other sources?
You said Nairaland needs vision minded and passionate moderators. How are you going to see to that? You also said nairaland needs non-partisan moderators. Are you implying that some moderators are biased. How do you judge prejudice and how are you going to correct it?

I can see some passion, but you haven't done a good job of clearly defining your goals and deliverables.

My opinion!
Re: As The New Super-moderator Of Nairaland by lwise(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
My question for you stanley,
Do you think that you alone can moderate/check all the comment post on every topic on Nairaland even
when such topics get to the front page?

To re brand Nairaland as I always say,Seun needs to have an office with at least 10 staff where someone like
you can be the manager.

If Seun really want to step up his game he needs to stop hiding like a chicken.

Seun Osewa step up your game,you are no longer a KID.

1 Like

(1) (2)

Photos: Congress Of Yoruba Nation. A Call For Oududuwa Republic. / Tinubu: Yoruba Want The Sgf And Cos / Jega: I Was Never Threatened, Asked To Go On Leave Before Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.