Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,220 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Katangowa.com Is For Sale - A Second-hand Fashion Online Shop. - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Katangowa.com Is For Sale - A Second-hand Fashion Online Shop. (981 Views)

A Beautiful Dating Site (www.isorose.com) Is For Sale / Script 4 Sale@ A Very Cheap Price (#2500) / Www.goldrushnigeria.com Is Here To Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Katangowa.com Is For Sale - A Second-hand Fashion Online Shop. by infonix: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
YOU NEED TIME TO READ THIS, IF YOU'RE IN HASTE - COME BACK TO THIS POST LATER. DOING IT NOW WILL WORTH IT THOUGH.

I want to pretend that 70% of the people who are reading this post doesn't know and are not born or bred in the middle-class Nigeria's family. Though, irrespective of where you're from in Nigeria and you were born around 80's and 90's - you should have being mistakenly or deliberately dressed up in a second hand (Okrika) clothes.

I will spare you the long-tailed history and tell you only the reason why you need to adopt (buy) my new born baby not because I am not a capable father but seriously her sisters requires more time to stay alive. History will have it that - I also sold the formula to Million Naira business like John Pemberton sold coca cola's. I won't have no regret because the joy of being the original creator will be enough for me.

Katangowa.com is what I am asking you or someone you know to buy. I didn't just woke up one day and think that a market which has been in operation since 1980 and has more than 5,000 traders doing business with over 20,000 retailers across the country needs a virtual marketplace. I saw a gap and after "an in-person field-research" (I spent two weeks collecting Data), I came to conclusion and created the virtual engine to run the market.

The first question was that: What exactly was this market doing right for it to be growing at 10% consistent since 1980? Why are retailers growing in numbers? Who are the final consumers? Why did they chose OK over new clothing? Those are questions; almighty fundamental questions that you already knew the answers.

Let's go fast-forward a bit and we will rewind back to this point. Here's quick questions: Why do you think e-commerce website like Konga & Jumia put %OFF on almost all items. Why percentage off if the price is right and the item is original. The simple answer from my own perspective is that PEOPLE LOVE BUYING QUALITY THINGS AT CHEAP PRICES. I love doing that too.

Back to where we were before. The Katangowa market on Ijaiye road, Lagos was able to sustain its economy based on the importation and wholesaling of quality and cheap second hand clothings/apparels to retailers being second-handedly sustained by the repeated buys from the existing and the daily low-income earners' activation.

Katangowa.com is a proven business model which has 70% of its market demography as students and working class. Don't be shocked to learn that 3 out of every 10 people you meet on the street of everywhere dress in "OK" clothe. It is no more a news or impoverish statement to dress in second-hand fashion as lots of China-made boutiques sell "OK" as new to unaware customers who love choosing quality over sentiment.

You can disregard some of my claims here, if you have the time, kindly do your own research. I will love to learn one or more things.

My original intention on Katangowa.com was to retail fashion items both new and used and also, make it a marketplace to house like 10,000 traders across the country and build more business models into it along the line but the mobile app I was working on prior this moment, will hit the stores by January and I won't have much time running katangowa.com the way I'd love to. If I couldn't, that doesn't mean someone else can't.

Katangowa.com was built on Magento (Konga's kind of Platform) only that its Community Edition - that is opensource and easy to use. If you're interested, kindly get in touch on +234 8146148074. Feel free to ask more questions. Be informed that, I won't only sell this to you, I will also be a part of your think tank till I see you making Millions running this.

Now, your decision!

Bless!

(1) (Reply)

WebDesign Made Easy (No coding VS Coding ) / Singapore Web Design Company / Design Professional Websites With Multimedia/dynamic Content. As Low As N35,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.