Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Site Geologist - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Site Geologist (1330 Views)

Open Position For Trainee Geologist In Mining / Vacancy For Geologist And Geophysicist: Entry Level / Vacancy For Geologist And Geophysicist: Entry Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Geologist by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
Tongyi Allied Mining Limited seeks qualified candidates to fill this role

Responsibilities:

1. Conducting surveys for mineral and interpreting geological data in order to inform drilling
2. Experience with hard rock drilling and exploration;
3. Familiarity with logging litholgy.
4. Working knowledge of geologic principles and local geologic framework, including ability to independently identify local soil types and correlate site geology to regional geologic framework

Qualifications and Requirements:

First degree in geology and 3 or more years of experience
Knowledge of a range of geologic software and their applications
Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
Good organisational skills
Computer literacy and ability to analyse numerical and graphical data
Good written and verbal communication skills

Work conditions:
Travel: Work based on site usually requires travel.
Location: Opportunities generally exist where mineral deposits are located Ebonyi, Nasarawa, Plateau and Zamfara States

send applications with CV and transcript of courses studied to:
tyhr.ng@tongyiintlgroup.com
Re: Site Geologist by seun66(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2014
hello, do you work for them?
Re: Site Geologist by Saryea83: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
I leant 4rm a frnd that ur payment is just 30k after working under the sun 4 wks. It's too poor na. Company like urs shud pay at least 150k or 100k 4 staying under the sun. Ur workers na slave? Haba nobi geosuffer na geologist naa! Mak una dey respect geologist na. Thatz an abuse of profession! Too bad working under sun n thick bushes 4 30k! Mak i waka pass joor! Ds one na wrong coy!
Re: Site Geologist by doziej84: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
@Saryea83, i was called for an interview. reading your post, i am discouraged to go, since i reside in port-harcourt. 30k for 1 month. is it not better i stay where i am.
Re: Site Geologist by seun66(m): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
doziej84:

@Saryea83, i was called for an interview. reading your post, i am discouraged to go, since i reside in port-harcourt. 30k for 1 month. is it not better i stay where i am.
was called too but i no go. it seems to me that chinese comp. no like to dey pay money.. not to consider where their mining sites are: hostility friendly places
Re: Site Geologist by tr3y(m): 10:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
if its truly 30k then they are sick in the brain. they even have the guts to ask for 3years experience.
Re: Site Geologist by ceecee02: 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2014
My bros them wen una apply when them call una......na suffer head job o.....as I dey see

1 Like

Re: Site Geologist by Saryea83: 6:24am On Nov 20, 2014
It is true. I saw my frnd's appointment sms stating terms of wages as 30k per month wt daily allowance at d field as #500 per day. Wt 3 months probation. Afterwards it will increase to 50k per mnth wt #500 allowance as well.
Re: Site Geologist by seun66(m): 7:37am On Nov 20, 2014
actually, if not for the states where their sites are, its not bad to continue with 65,000 three months into the job. cos of the experience you will get. but na only wase , abakaliki and maybe zamfara them dey.

(1) (Reply)

Phc Candidates - Which Currier Service Sent Your Nnpc Invitation / A Plea For An Entry Level Or Internship Accounting Role / Insurance Company Or A "Big 4" Accounting Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.