Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate (44569 Views)

Latest Weaves In The Market And Prices / Worm-infested Weaves Now In The Market / ~ How Long Do You Keep Your Weaves, Braids & Cornrows~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:15am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

The sex tape has to do with the irrelevance of bringing up Paris Hilton who has done enough idiotic things that it is obvious she has self issues. N

Pnce again, Paris has complete relevance to this topic cos she OWNS A WEAVE LINE called Dream locks which she advertizes with her own head. Many white celebs patronize this line as well so whether she's a sex fiend or whatever crap has nothing to do with the fact that she wears a weave and so do the many that buy her stuff

You sincerely think those country singers with the big puffy hair, you think that's their hair?? Rofl.

Abeg
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Jakumo(m): 6:15am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Tyra got in because of her colored eyes. Not her hair. when she first started modeling, she did NOT wear weaves.

Hey, for all we know, Tyra Banks may wear blue-colored contact lenses all the time, and if she started out in her modelling career  not bothering with straight-hair wigs, she obviously wised up quick, on her way to becoming a multi-millionaire model, which she attained at least in part because she modified her look to make it more "mainstream".
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:20am On Nov 23, 2008
sexyLeamon:

well even white women straighted their hair also I really do not understand what you mean by to be more acceptable

White women back then did not straight their hair because they wore curls or buns. The straightening implement were invented and used by blacks just like using oils to make their hair as lustrous as and to the whites. They went through great pains to tame their hair so their master would treat them more favorably (good Negroes). These practices were more so done by house slaves than by field slaves.

P.s. I've read this in both History and Psychology classes and we discussed at great lengths in both lectures.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:22am On Nov 23, 2008
What I don't get is why those who go for that "Natural" look have this "Holier Than Thou" attitude. As if their one act of "self-improvement" places them onto a pedistoole.

wish I knew. I braid my hair more than I perm it yet I dont go around thinking Im some special star

Cant stand girls like that. Doesnt help that most of them are the biggest hos but that's a whole different thread  grin
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sexyLeamon(f): 6:23am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

The straightening implement were invented and used by blacks just like using oils to make their hair as lustrous as and to the whites.
I do not see any self hatred in that. that is just trying to look good undecided
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:24am On Nov 23, 2008
milknhoney:

Karma, abi ooo

I just took out my ghana braids. Went out to go buy some more conditioner, see me see trouble. If you the looks I was getting, una think plague don enter body.

Tried the whole "Natural" hair thing for a while. It was glamorous the first few months, but soon after, I was taking headache medicine from all the intense combing I had to do.

What I don't get is why those who go for that "Natural" look have this "Holier Than Thou" attitude. As if their one act of "self-improvement" places them onto a pedistoole.

Tufiakwa.

I don't think is holier than thou. I see people wear weaves even after their hairline have all fallen out and am like why don't they stop destroying their hair. Anyways judging by your post you do admit that going natural is "self-improvement."
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:26am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

t they probably wear weave extension that long like their natural hair. Blacks wear weaves most of the time that look nothing like their natural hair.

I fail to see the difference between the two. Seems like you're making excuses for white people to me. It's ok for them to add hair to their natural hair but black women arent?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:27am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Pnce again, Paris has complete relevance to this topic because she OWNS A WEAVE LINE called Dream locks which she advertizes with her own head. Many white celebs patronize this line as well so whether she's a sex fiend or whatever crap has nothing to do with the fact that she wears a weave and so do the many that buy her stuff

You sincerely think those country singers with the big puffy hair, you think that's their hair?? Rofl.

Abeg

Paris Hilton is also wearing weave her hair color and texture and not an afro or one the texture of a black persons hair. When black people wear weave are they doing the same?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:29am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

I don't think is holier than thou. I see people wear weaves even after their hairline have all fallen out and am like why don't they stop destroying their hair. Anyways judging by your post you do admit that going natural is "self-improvement."

Have you seen the hairline of the editor of Essence Magazine? She only braids her hair yet her hairline now starts from behind her ears
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:32am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

Paris Hilton is also wearing weave her hair color and texture and not an afro or one the texture of a black persons hair. When black people wear weave are they doing the same?

Um Yea? Never seen an afro or kinky weave before?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by sexyLeamon(f): 6:32am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

I fail to see the difference between the two. Seems like you're making excuses for white people to me. It's ok for them to add hair to their natural hair but black women arent?
exactly white women aren't question for any of that. even if a black female have hair pass her shoulder, you will see people asking is that your real hair or is it a weave it just pissed the hell out of me
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by milknhoney(f): 6:33am On Nov 23, 2008
I personally I have no problem with women who go for that forsaken "Natural" look, but when they begin to degrade upon those who choose an alternative route is when I have a problem.

Eventually I might go back to my "Natural" look, what ever the hell that is but, I will not parade around telling old black people tales with my giant slave spoon, singing. . .

Wade in the water
Wade in the water
Children now
Wade in the water
God treble the waters

natural ko, bush woman ni
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:34am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

wish I knew. I braid my hair more than I perm it yet I don't go around thinking I'm some special star

can't stand girls like that. Doesnt help that most of them are the biggest hos but that's a whole different thread grin

Bs. how can girls with natural hair be "hos" when most black people men and women think that the whiter you look the better you are. Most people that go natural are often seen as the radicals not assimilating to the norms and earthy. Most "hos" on the other hand want to look cute with the crazy colorama weaves and what not.

I don't get why when people say things with relevance even history can attest to they are seen as elevating themselves on a "pedestal" (pedastool). Virgins are also seen as acting holier than thou and what not.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:38am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

You fail to see that one is adding on to what is their own hair type while the other is wearing something that is totally different from what they are. Let me explain it like when a white person goes to Nigeria and acts foreign because they are and then a Nigerian that traveled 2 years ago goes back to Nigeria and acts foreign as well. The difference is that one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:40am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

Bs. how can girls with natural hair be "hos" when most black people men and women think that the whiter you look the better you are.   Most people that go natural are often seen as the radicals not assimilating to the norms and earthy. Most "hos" on the other hand want to look cute with the crazy colorama weaves and what not.

I don't get why when people say things with relevance even history can attest to they are seen as elevating themselves on a "pedestal" (pedastool). Virgins are also seen as acting holier than thou and what not.

For example Erykah Badu and her fatherless children yet with the same mouth she screams against processed hair like you're doing now

Maybe if she minded her business, she'd know the father of her children.

She's not the only one guilty of this though hence my snide comment.

and no one looks at those iwth natural hair as being radicals. That's just what they want to beieve to make themselves feel important.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:43am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Have you seen the hairline of the editor of Essence Magazine? She only braids her hair yet her hairline now starts from behind her ears

You do realize that Susan Taylor uses weave to braid her hair and that does indeed mess with the hair line and that was my point to begin with?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:43am On Nov 23, 2008
savanaha:

You fail to see that one is adding on to what is their own hair type while the other is wearing something that is totally different from what they are.

Adding is adding. everything else is merely an excuse.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:44am On Nov 23, 2008
How are you so sure it's not her own hair?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:46am On Nov 23, 2008
milknhoney:

I personally I have no problem with women who go for that forsaken "Natural" look, but when they begin to degrade upon those who choose an alternative route is when I have a problem.

Eventually I might go back to my "Natural" look, what ever the hell that is but, I will not parade around telling old black people tales with my giant slave spoon, singing. . .

Wade in the water
Wade in the water
Children now
Wade in the water
God treble the waters

natural ko, bush woman ni

I don't get the "forsaken natural look point." Anyways no one is singing any Negro spirituals about having natural hair even though it is healthier.

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 6:48am On Nov 23, 2008
whats so healthy about using beeswax on your head like the dreads do?

Point is why are people so bothered with what others do with their own head?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

For example Erykah Badu and her fatherless children yet with the same mouth she screams against processed hair like you're doing now

Maybe if she minded her business, she'd know the father of her children.

She's not the only one guilty of this though hence my snide comment.

and no one looks at those iwth natural hair as being radicals. That's just what they want to beieve to make themselves feel important.

Not quiet sure where your getting your information from but Erykah Badu knows who the three fathers of her three children are. Superhead the holy has processed hair and maybe she is what should be used to assess all women with processed hair? Anyways most people with natural hair are seen as radicals just like during the civil rights movement people wore their hair natural to show their appreciation for how God made them. I didn't realize that being radical could make someone feel important.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:55am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Adding is adding. everything else is merely an excuse.

Now adding is adding, sure good argument.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 6:58am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

How are you so sure it's not her own hair?

Simply go to google or Yahoo, whatever search engine suits you best, type her name and look at enough pictures of Susan Taylor and if that does not convince you, call Essence and ask her. She will tell you herself that is weave braided in her hair.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by savanaha: 7:02am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

whats so healthy about using beeswax on your head like the dreads do?

Point is why are people so bothered with what others do with their own head?

Technically beesewax and all those other oils black people use to stunt their hair growth without knowing it is useless. If you hair is natural black people's hair are curly enough that you don't need those things in water and even though water is black women's kryptonite it is actually good to wet your hair often. Water grows it better than the beeswax and all those other nonsense.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2008
I love my wigs. . . hardly use them
I love my perms . . . get them all the time
I love my weaves. . . have one on right now.

Drug addicts also love narcotics but that does not make drugs good for them.
You love your weave? You see nothing wrong in putting an asian(possibly dead) womans hair on your head? Why do you love something that is fake? Iam here to bring the light of truth and justice. An introspection will do you a lot of good.

Health issue - No one has died from excess use of moisturizer on either skin or scalp.

Really? Have you ever wondered why doctors advice pregnant women not to perm or treat their hair with chemicals? That's because the toxins in these hair product seeps into the blood stream through the pores in the scalp and thereafter puts the health of mother and baby at risk(especially the baby since its system is still too fragile to handle such toxicity).

Financial issue - Technically, Asians make cars too. . . should we stop buying cars then? Nigeria should make their own hair products if it makes them feel so good.

Yes, there are equally many ways and routes through which our financial capital leaves our community to build that of other groups and it is also imperative to address all of them, however, the topic at hand is in regards to the direct and indirect costs that my nubian sistas incur due to their self-hating practices of which hair treatments and alteration is one glaring and blantant example. Sistas spend billions of $US on fake hair and toxic carcinogenic hair products annually; it will be much more rational and strategic to use these moneys for nation building. And yes we also need to make our hair product but not an imitation of these toxic western product rather something more natural and soothing to our kingly,or is it kinky, hair.

Sacrilegious - not all of us are christians and for those of us that are, it talks about not putting tattoos or permanent marks on our bodies as desecrating God's temple. Premarital sex does that too . . . why not preach that first?

Yes premarital sex is not commendable but that's not the topic at hand. The issue is also
not about the specificities that comprise the desecration of the temple of God(our bodies) rather the point is that any form of alteration(tatoos, bleaching, facelift, perms e.t.c) of any part of our body for what ever reason(style, low self esteem, self-hate, psychosis e.t.c) is an aborminable act in the eyes of God because it is an expression of a lack of appreciation and love of the blessings He/She has bestowed on us and is therefore punishable. This is a universal principle that is valid regardess of ones believe or faith.

Psychological - It increases one's self esteem and improves one's body image.

I think you need to start asking the right questions. First of all, why should someones natural hair be a source of shame that causes low self esteem? What exactly is the psychological programming behind this psychosis? Is wearing a wig, perm or weave a genuine way to tackle the cause of this low self esteem? Isn't that like a band aid approach? What these fake hair and perms do is to make the nubian sistas delusional by making them think that concealing their supposed "source of shame" gives a true boost of self esteem; just like the alcoholic believes he can drink his pain away. Where did the notion that straight hair is good hair while kinky nappy hair is bad come from? The source of this psychological impairment can be trace back to the dominant ideologies of the modern world all of which are white supremacist in essence. A proper education is the only solution to this mess.

Any questions?

Any clue?

1 Like

Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by jgirl3: 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2008
Drug addicts also love narcotics but that does not make drugs good for them.
You love your weave? You see nothing wrong in putting an asian(possibly dead) womans hair on your head? Why do you love something that is fake? Iam here to bring the light of truth and justice. An introspection will do you a lot of good.
I love my weave because it looks good on me. I love my hair. I had my natural hair out for 3 weeks until I got my weave on thursday. Self hate will not go that far. It depends on what I'm comfortable in. As long my family, my guy and my God are not complaining, I'm fine with it. The truth about it is that there are so many other things you could tackle before hair. It's doing me a lot of good. I don't hate myself. . . I absolutely love my real hair but it's easier for me to have this in. If you have a problem with it, keep your opinions to you and your immediate surroundings. I don't think you have any right to attack us for this.
Really? Have you ever wondered why doctors advice pregnant women not to perm or treat their hair with chemicals? That's because the toxins in these hair product seeps into the blood stream through the pores in the scalp and thereafter puts the health of mother and baby at risk(especially the baby since its system is still too fragile to handle such toxicity).
I was talking about moisturizers. . . you are talking about perm. You said too many moisturizers is not good. Please don't tell me you're walking around all ashy white. Perming is using chemicals, fine. but if that is the only thing that makes me appear responsible and not mad, I'm happy.
Yes, there are equally many ways and routes through which our financial capital leaves our community to build that of other groups and it is also imperative to address all of them, however, the topic at hand is in regards to the direct and indirect costs that my nubian sistas incur due to their self-hating practices of which hair treatments and alteration is one glaring and blantant example. Sistas spend billions of $US on fake hair and toxic carcinogenic hair products annually; it will be much more rational and strategic to use these moneys for nation building. And yes we also need to make our hair product but not an imitation of these toxic western product rather something more natural and soothing to our kingly,or is it kinky, hair.
The Nigerian government is not complaining. Do you know how many hairdressers make money off weaves and braids? It's a source of income for both the people and the government. If everyone was natural, watch and see many more jobless, hungry people on the streets. Why are you complaining on their behalf. Did someone steal your costumers by telling them to get weaves or something?
Yes premarital sex is not commendable but that's not the topic at hand. The issue is also
not about the specificities that comprise the desecration of the temple of God(our bodies) rather the point is that any form of alteration(tatoos, bleaching, facelift, perms e.t.c) of any part of our body for what ever reason(style, low self esteem, self-hate, psychosis e.t.c) is an aborminable act in the eyes of God because it is an expression of a lack of appreciation and love of the blessings He/She has bestowed on us and is therefore punishable. This is a universal principle that is valid regardess of ones believe or faith.
Tell me where God said that we should add nothing to our hair and I'll agree. He said tattoos, I didn't see bleaching, i didn't see facelift, i didn't see perms. These are moral issues that you have with women and you're just trying to pass them off as gospel truth. I hate it when people try to put their beliefs across using God. It's blasphemy.
I think you need to start asking the right questions. First of all, why should someones natural hair be a source of shame that causes low self esteem? What exactly is the psychological programming behind this psychosis? Is wearing a wig, perm or weave a genuine way to tackle the cause of this low self esteem? Isn't that like a band aid approach? What these fake hair and perms do is to make the nubian sistas delusional by making them think that concealing their supposed "source of shame" gives a true boost of self esteem; just like the alcoholic believes he can drink his pain away. Where did the notion that straight hair is good hair while kinky nappy hair is bad come from? The source of this psychological impairment can be trace back to the dominant ideologies of the modern world all of which are white supremacist in essence. A proper education is the only solution to this mess.
Normal hair is not bad. We just like it. Deal with it or get a job. White people get weaves too. Do they hate themselves. They get perms too and they even get their hair coloured so how is this a black thing?
Any clue?
Apparently you got none.
I'm done replying you. I can see you're one of those grounded in their stubborn beliefs.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2008
Those with natural hair tend to use chemicals as well, like gel and what not. It's just as unhealthy as the other stuff so quit crying

Anyways most people with natural hair are seen as radicals just like during the civil rights movement people wore their hair natural to show their appreciation for how God made them. I didn't realize that being radical could make someone feel important.

50 years ago they were considered as "radicals", now no one thinks twice when they see it nor do they care. They didnt do it to show any "appreciation". They did it to be like "we're not like the rest of you that are oppressed"
People do it all the time now and no one gives a damn, they WANT people to notice them now and think they're unique hence the condescending attitude.

Lol @ abominable act. fayahsoul, go and sit down. You're making noise.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by KarmaMod(f): 4:29pm On Nov 23, 2008
I hate it when people try to put their beliefs across using God. It's blasphemy.

Pathetic isnt it? Probably one of those people that dont use lotion/deodorant/toothpaste etc all in the name of being natural

why not stick to pako?
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Gamine(f): 4:31pm On Nov 23, 2008
Wow, Funny thread grin

Gone down in typical Nairaland style.

ME, i decided to let my natural hair grow, all the perm is out now
i love my hair, alot but mehn! this weather aint helping matters
i let it grow for some reasons which include;

Health, There is no relaxer ive used that didnt burn my scalp, i just couldnt go on

even f they tell me there is one special relaxer now, i wont use it.

Salon, i hate going to the salon, i can wash my hair, apply whatever products all by myself!

Style, My relaxed hair is too straight and doesnt style easily so, why not just go natural!

The Black Hair is very delicate and taking care of it is not beans. beans dey don fast
i braid my hair and i wear wigs on it, because its still quite short
and theres irregular growth im treating.

BUT,

For someone to come here to say wearing wigs, weaves and stuff is self hate
you must be smoking some,
Granted, some people want to look "white"
but poster have you heard of the word "choice" or "preference"

What you are on about, hardly makes sense.

i know wearing colored contact lense would be added to the list  undecided
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2008
Deodorants do alter the sweat glands. . . . Same goes for shaving blades that causes bruises on the face.

Any item that is a potential health risk should be left alone. I have stopped using deodorants since i noticed that it does in fact exacerbate body odour and is also detrimental to the skin cells in the arm pits(perharps a result of altered sweat glands as you mentioned).
I came to realize that there is a method to everything; if you use the proper method to bath and brush your teeth you will overstand that deodorants and teeth whiteners are not necessary. Same goes for shaving, if it is done with the proper method there won't be a scratch on your face. Besides i don't think men should shave, they should just trim their beards.

If women give up weaves, wig, and perms, then I suggest the men  give up trying to find hair regrowth solution and I'd suggest Viagra/ steroid producers  stop making their products.

Your right. Men have no business seeking a hair transplant nor purchasing performance enhancers; note however, that these practices are prevalent in western societies were pettiness and vanity reign supreme.
Nonetheless, this thread was intended to address the self-hating rituals and psychological maladies of my nubian sistas. The multitudinous problems that besiege nubian men should be reserved for another thread.

So many people are worried about the recession, ecomony crunch etc, you're worried about  perms and wigs. Go figure!

If nubian females lack confidence and self love then the disarray that the nubian nation finds itself in ceases to be a thing of mystery because it will become clear and distinct that that is the cause. This is an issue of the survival and self determination of a nation of people. Teach a woman and you teach a nation.
Economic recessions are nothing new and are inevitable but how well people handle recessions depend to a large extent on how knowledgeable they are of self. Will the sistas run to whitey for help and assurance just like they run to a blond straight haired blue eyed messiah? or like they run to purchase european/asia weaves and wigs to falsely boost their self esteem and image(which they feel is a closer representation of their white/arab God)?

I just wonder when the hair regrowth for men advertisement will stop showing on my TV screen.

In nubia male baldness is not a big deal. And it can even be a thing of beauty; take 2pac for example.

All those adds are just another avenue that these blood sucking capitalist use to exploit the insecurities of the effeminate males(not men) in their vain societies.

So many products are health risks. Your cell phone, your car,  soda, salt, etc.
Well, I do understand your point. Too much perm is health risk, but what I don't get is how it's associated with self-hate.

Ofcourse i don't expect you to overstand the problem given that you are within that system of thought. You did have to analyse the game from without to get the full picture. Yes your right to say that cell phones, cars, sodas, and what have you, are health risks but you have to stick to the topic at hand. By the way, i don't use any of those items you mentioned because i overstand their implication.

A perm, weave or wig is a conscious or subconscious expression of self hate  because they are all futile attempts at concealing or altering ones naturalness which they see as a source of shame. Now, a lot of sistas will lie and fool themselves into thinking otherwise and some will even come up will all sorts of cleverly crafted excuses(i have heard it all) to rationalize their stupidity but after all said and done, the truth remains unshakable and inescapable.

If you were a woman, you'd understand how touch it is for a black woman to keep her natural hair. well, some black women.  
I can go 4-5 months without perm. My hair is soft. . . but hard to manage after a while. Hard to comb, to make into a style etc. Does it mean I hate myself? no. My appearance is also my characteristic. The way I take care of myself, esp my hair, shows a lot about how clean I am.  I can't dress nice with crappy hair.

This is one very common excuse. Have you ever asked your self why it is only the nubian females that find it "touchy"(whateva that means) and difficult to keep their natural hair but not the nubian brethren? How is it that a lot of nubian brothers with natural hair can some how remarkably handle this arduous task that you sistas always whine about? What happened to the saying: "what a man can do a woman can do"? Abeg give me a break jare.

If perming, wearing wig/weave is immoral, then we might as well say wearing condoms, getting out immunization shot, wearing glasses, etc is immoral. It's affecting the body, is it not?

Yes except for glasses that correct eye problem, they are immoral. The fluid inside condoms can cause impotency and other health complications; do your research and see. Immunisation is suicidal since we should have learnt from historical happenings that nubians have been used as guinea pigs for western drug test and experimentation. Aids was transmitted via polio vaccination in the congo. Beleive it or not there is a conspiracy to depopulate nubia just read "the king alfred plan" that was plotted over 30yrs ago and it's now declassified, just imagine what the current plans of these white supremacists(whose underlying fear is white genetic annahilation) are. But again, please stop veering off topic.
Ignorance and social unawareness is suicidal and irresponsible hence immoral

we hear you. . . . .

I doubt you do.
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by Gamine(f): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2008
oh my

What hapened to going around in your birthday suit

its "Natural"

undecided
Re: Wigs, Weaves And Perms Symbolize Self Hate by fayahsoul: 5:58pm On Nov 23, 2008
Pnce again, Paris has complete relevance to this topic because she OWNS A WEAVE LINE called Dream locks which she advertizes with her own head. Many white celebs patronize this line as well so whether she's a sex fiend or whatever crap has nothing to do with the fact that she wears a weave and so do the many that buy her stuff

Abeg

Here we go again, always wanting to follow whitey like zombies. So if a white female celeb wears wigs and weaves it then becomes justifiable for the nubian female to do so?

Don't you know that the self hate the nubian females have stems from the ability of white supremacists to successfully deflect their inferiority complex and numerous insecurities unto the so-called "coloured peoples"(nubians in particular) via western global media and ideologies.
why are nubians always quick to copy the most vile of western character?

The pervasive colonial mentality amongst nubians is a psychological malady that must be tackled truthfully and directly with proper education of self.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Makeup Transforms A Masculine-Looking Lady To Feminine-Looking / Photos: Am The Most Handsome And Decent Nairalander, Your Take / Cute Ankara Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.