Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1212113 members, 1569830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 03:47 PM

Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? (56401 Views)

Mixed Race People White "Black" Featues And Blonde Mulatos / "black Men Are Stronger Than White" / How Come Mixed Race Girls Are Always Beautiful (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:03am On Nov 23, 2008
I'm not racist or anything, Why do so many high-profile black men either date mixed skin ladies or white women?
why so few white men seek out, date, interact with, and marry black women. do they do it because,  the lighter-skinned girls are perceived as more attractive in many societies? am just curious no offence please
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by KarmaMod(f): 6:11am On Nov 23, 2008
Black men are hypocrites

2nd question, wasnt too long when interacial friendship was still looked down upon talkless of relationship/marriage. It still has its haters from both white people/black people alike but interracial relationships are increasing in m,y opinion. quite a number of such couples even on here sef
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:18am On Nov 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Black men are hypocrites
so true
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by 25more(f): 6:56am On Nov 23, 2008
i think cox some black men doesnt want the drama of some black ladies, not to say however that those whoevers they marry ain't too dramatic either, just that they prefer those ppls drama better. just like kobe who was dating a black sista then just called it off to go ahead and marry a mexican girl.

though i'm not aganist interracial relaionship, but i think it is kind of unfair for some black men especially high profile ones to go and marry white/ nonblack ladies such like tiger woods, instead of marrying their fellow black sistas. just one of the few reasons why many sistas are single.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by KarmaMod(f): 7:04am On Nov 23, 2008
how is it unfair?
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by glorina: 7:27am On Nov 23, 2008
Yeah, bring it on cool
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by Areaboy2(m): 8:03am On Nov 23, 2008
how is this unfair?? anyone can choose to marry whomever, whenever, and however,

as for the high profle folks you talk about, maybe if some black ladies loose the attitude and stop being stuck up, no one will think twice of marrying them,
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by iice(f): 4:56pm On Nov 23, 2008
There is more to making a relationship work than just color of skin.
Even amongst us, we have issues of darker and lighter shade, tribe this, culture that. People sef undecided
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by Gamine(f): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2008

What of the famous white dudes marrying black women undecided

Must we always go down this Black and White path.

Marry Who you wish

@Poster, Abeg Answer the white dude, there is no harm in it
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by tpia: 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2008
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by SamMilla1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2008
Maybe you should consider the fact that poor black men marry white ladies a lot here in the western world too.
White women knows how to be faithful.
They can stick to their husbands without playing foul outside.
I am not saying black ladies do that a lot but the percentage is higher than that of the white ladies.
No man wants to get hurt.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by H2O2: 12:57am On Nov 24, 2008
I don't blame them. They don't want to die young of hypertension. grin
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 24, 2008
@ topic

They don't have an obligation to black women as I do not have an obligation them, so its frankly none of my business what individuals choose to do with their lives.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by jgirl3: 2:51am On Nov 24, 2008
It is because they see it as stepping up. . . they see it as a symbol of success.
Being with a white woman, makes them feel like they are finally able to afford being with a white woman.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by A40(m): 2:56am On Nov 24, 2008
H2O2:

I don't blame them. They don't want to die young of hypertension. grin
Now i see your grouse with NL women they spit the most outlandish shyte

Nobody can shove who i must marry down my throat be it white or black! don't black women marry white men or men of mixed races too? are these famous people not human beings? abeg love is not by force these folks have the prerogative to marry who they please
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by KarmaMod(f): 3:03am On Nov 24, 2008
White women knows how to be faithful.
They can stick to their husbands without playing foul outside.
I am not saying black ladies do that a lot but the percentage is higher than that of the white ladies.
No man wants to get hurt.

This is hilarious. Apparently the closest this person has gotten to "knowing the West" is thru channel O
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by Outstrip(f): 3:12am On Nov 24, 2008
KarmaMod:

This is hilarious. Apparently the closest this person has gotten to "knowing the West" is through channel O

Hmm. Me self I almost choked on my juice. Anyway let me not be the one to say it.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by tpia: 3:15am On Nov 24, 2008
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by LoveAlways(f): 3:32am On Nov 24, 2008
@poster

People can date and marry whom they want.  In western media black athletes, and black men are portrayed as being masculine and white skin as being feminine (example blonde vs brunette - blondes have more fun).  Even in Halle Berry's union with Gabriel, she is often portrayed as being the dominate one in control (masculine).  When she was with black men, she was portrayed by the media as being the crazy "stuck up" black woman needing to find herself.   The media's image of black women is often times negative and less than feminine (compared to white women who are often placed on a pedestal).  Alot of black men buy into these media images, being as men are generally visual.

--Additional info

Throughout history, black women have been portrayed as being black, fat and ugly.  While white women on the other hand are portrayed as being white, beautiful feminine.  Placed on a pedestal.

Among many other media images, Black men are often portrayed as being masculine mandingos or testosterone charged savages who want to ravish or rescue white women.   Like in the movie Bad  Boys or The Pelican Brief.

On a recent cover of vogue, this image of black men and white women is quite apparent.  Alot of people say the motivation behind this cover was inspired by the movie King Kong.

The media rarely shows images of black men and black women simply adoring each other.  Black men and Black women are always at odds or the black woman is usually talking down to the black man who can't get a job.  Or quality black men are usually featured with a light woman (feminine symbol = relationship success) unless the movie is a black production. (even photo bucket deleted it, it wasn't graphic at all)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by LoveAlways(f): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2008
why so few white men seek out, date, interact with, and marry black women

To answer your second question, a lot of wealthy high profile white men and black women have relationships and marriages.  I just think it's not a big deal when this combination gets together.  It's a more "reserved" combination maybe?  I don't know.  I do know that alot of white males are attracted to black women, but some black women often do not believe that they are desired because of the media and community conditioning.  Alot of white men are also more reserved when it comes to approaching women.  Some of them want to cross, but are too reserved to do so.  And some white men just simply prefer their own women, which is natural.

Naomi Cambell and some new guy.  (laughing-  she's always moving around)

Stacy Dash and her husband

Alfre Woodard and hubby

Heather Hadley and her husband (DAMN he fione as hell.  my my my  grin grin grin wink)

Keesha Sharp and husband

Tracy Edmonds (formerly married to Eddie Murphy for a brief period)

Venus and husband I think (she's so cute)

Eve and her guy

Arthel Nevill and husband

Mike Steger and Brandee (they've been kickin it lately)

Kim Wayans

Scar face and his interest or wife -- I don't know

Garcel beauvais and husband

Audra Mcdonald husband Peter Donovan

Mellody Hobson and husband George Lucas

Robin Thicke

Billionaire Peter Norton Gwen Adams

Ivan Sergei and wife

Simon Cowell and girlfriend

David Bowie and Iman

Chris Noth and Tara Wilson

Regina King and hubby

Famous chef Wolfgang Puck and wife

Olympic Star Tina Ellertson - Husband Brad and Daughter
I love this family.

Olympic Star Mary Wineberg and Husband-Coach Chris Wineberg

Boy Zone Singer Shane Lynch and wife Sheena White

Luke Goss and wife
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:35am On Nov 24, 2008
Throughout history, black women have been portrayed as being black, fat and ugly. While white women on the other hand are portrayed as being white, beautiful feminine. Placed on a pedestal.

that's it
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by LoveAlways(f): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2008
@sexy leamon

that's it

Yeah, and of course people fall for who they want to fall for.  Various reasons can come into play, like the black guys upbring, where he grew up, the kind of non-black women he connected with in college and so on.  I believe that most women are beautiful, from African to Australia to Asia.  But a lot of other countries are over-exposed to western media images.  The image of white women dominates overall, not because they are more beautiful, but because the west believes them to be.  There's just a serious imbalance.  There's so many different variations of black beauty, it will be refreshing to see a balance in mainstream media.

Ethiopia

Miss Ghana

Kenyan

Nigerian

Tanzania

Somolia

Sudan

Ivory Coast (just stunning)

Ethiopia

South Africa

I'm not sure
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by Kutey: 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2008
Sam Milla (m) normally you speak sense in your posts but what your saying now is a whole load of bullshite.

White women more faithfull than black women? Plllease
R u having a laugh,

Black women may Naughty Lady and nag but that's because they really care and love and she will still stick with you. I know that cause I am extremely faithfull and so r all my black girlfriends.
When they are really fed up they leave not cheat.
They wants you to improve yourself and black women here in Europe r doing quite well for themselves. Very ambitious and focused. Most here earn more than most guys they meet.

White women once u start giving her grief will not waste her time nagging but just look outside and do her business. Once ready you will find all your load outside in a black lino bag (true story). I refuse to generalise and there are genuine couples but most naija guys are looking for something (papers, accomodation and easy sex)
This is the truth.

So please do not put BW down as cheap sluts and WW as faithfull saints. Far from it.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by krama(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2008
Black men are hypocrites
I wonder why some people make such general statements
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by StephenP(m): 5:17pm On Nov 24, 2008
So we're not going to talk about Will Smith, Joseph Simmons aka Rev Run, Snoop Dogg, Samuel L. Jackson, Bernie Mac, Chris Rock, Barack Obama and so many other famous Black men who've married Black women, no, instead we will attack the Black man for falling in love with someone just because the said person isn't Black. People, love doesn't care about the color of the skin.

It's funny because I can read this thread a different way, many Black women only go for the famous and once he doesn't look there way, "Black men can't treat women right" or "They are too stingy". LOL I still love you Black women though but y'all need to stop tripping.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by bawomolo(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2008
i think it is kind of unfair for some black men especially high profile ones to go and marry white/ nonblack ladies such like tiger woods

shut up, tiger woods won't be here today if not for an "interracial" marriage.

Black women may Naughty Lady and nag but that's because they really care and love and she will still stick with you

who wants to be stuck with an iya alata? please relax with the generalizations
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by KarmaMod(f): 8:01pm On Nov 24, 2008
what the hell?

I so didnt know that Alfre Woodward was married to a white dude.

I love her even more now!  grin

I'm also surprised by Keesha Sharp & Stacy Dash.

Looks like these women are wising up by not "waiting". Thank God.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by DavidDylan(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2008
this thread shld make a decent man/woman wrinkle his nose in disgust. Only black people make threads "celebrating" black folks hitched to members of other races.

Is this a cause for celebration? Marry whom you will and that shld be the end of the story.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by tpia: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2008
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by magentam(f): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2008
Some babes are just too classy for blackmen, They just can't match them. I am one of those girls and I understand why a sister might go WHITE. Our guys are just too stiff,unromantic and unadventurous. They screw too hard without finding out what true pleasure is all about, wham, bang! That's all they know.
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by Cayon(f): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2008
i know this is about famous folks but let me say something here.

Know this:  Black men are not commodities, y'all don't own them. they date who they want.

@post.

yeah, i am light skinned (mixed-race). I have dated two (2) guys in my life - a white and a black.  The white guy, our relationship ended on good terms (i think distance played a major role)  The black guy - hmm, one i don't like two-timers,  . . that he was.  But the most painful part was - I found out that he dated me initially just to say he'd dated a mixed-girl. But when he realized that he thought I was a good person he said to me over lunch, "You know, you're not so bad."  And I was like "what?"  Then he explained to me his initial intention not knowing he was going to fall in love.  And that really turned me off because I am a person. That was the oddest thing I'd ever felt.

Saying this, even though I was hurt by a black man - i am still attracted to black men.  Why?  Attractiveness isn't about skin colour - it's about the person.

Honestly, it's all just personal preference. i also know guys (regardless of their ethnicity) that are only attracted to blondes, Latinas, heavy set women, short or tall women, women with accents, only date within their culture, etc. You get the idea?

Lastly, the sisters are also moving out of the norm, they are looking for other races too, so I don't think it is fair just to blame the black man for this issue

@iice:

you are right on the money with your response

Peace kiss
Re: Why Do Many Famous Black Men Date White Or Mixed-Race Women? by tpia: 8:49pm On Nov 24, 2008

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Killed Lucky Dube Because He (killer) Thought He Was Nigerian / East African Girls Are Overrated / Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Has The Prettiest Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.