Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. (33903 Views)

Cost Of Building Six Flats Of Two Bedrooms (1 Storey Building) / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / Six Flats building For Sale @ogba REDUCED TO #32M (call 08189989354) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 11:53pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dear All,

This project is located in Ifo LGA, Ogun-State. The size of the land is 140ft X 60ft, solid flat land. The building of structural carcass is completed, construction was handled and supervised by an experienced builder by training and trade.

This project consist of two buildings (1) -------(Building One). It has four flats, two on ground floor and two up.
(2) -------(Building Two ). It has two flats, one on ground floor and one up.

and three shops.

WARNING

***** Constructive criticisms are welcome.
***** The building supervision was handled by experienced builder by training and trade ( Building contractor ) not professionals.
***** The building project is not 100% perfect.
***** Nairaland Property section impacted a lot on decisions making and final outcome.
***** I will answer any question on cost, labour, material etc Building technicalities NO
***** I am not a builder, architect, structural engineers etc but mechanical engineer by training and profession.

Relax fellows as I update the construction stages.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Foundation of the Main Building ( Building One ).

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:07am On Nov 11, 2014
Digging of Building Two foundation.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:09am On Nov 11, 2014
More pics of Building Two Foundation Digging.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:12am On Nov 11, 2014
Building Two Block wall coming up.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:16am On Nov 11, 2014
Building One block wall coming up.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 12:17am On Nov 11, 2014
NairaBaba:
Building Two Block wall coming up.

No DPC?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:18am On Nov 11, 2014
Building One at Lintel level.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:20am On Nov 11, 2014
Hajji you no dey sleep-------------- DPC or call it German floor was done later.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 12:28am On Nov 11, 2014
NairaBaba:
Hajji you no dey sleep-------------- DPC or call it German floor was done later.

My brother, I dey sleep oh! Just that your night there, nah my afternoon here.
OK. Waiting to see all the project pics. If not, I no go sleep oh! smiley
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:32am On Nov 11, 2014
Building Two at Lintel.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:35am On Nov 11, 2014
Watering of Building Two foundation laterite sand fillings for compaction.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:37am On Nov 11, 2014
Building One, Building Two and Shops at lintel.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 12:46am On Nov 11, 2014
Flooring of the Buildings and shops.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 1:05am On Nov 11, 2014
Borehole, water storage tanks, and building plan.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 1:10am On Nov 11, 2014
This is the end of stage one---------------------------- To be continued.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by FastShipping: 1:48am On Nov 11, 2014
mufutau55:

No DPC?

Hajji Mufutau

Hajj, leave this DPC thing alone grin. It is unnecessary in most homes built on solid land in Nigeria. This overbuilding of homes is waste of resources. My house is 70ft by 58ft and I refused to do the DPC either and the house is super solid. Have a solid foundation and you are good to go. I have consulted widely on this topic and I don't find DPC to be important in homes built on solid land.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by FastShipping: 1:52am On Nov 11, 2014
NairaBaba:
This is the end of stage one---------------------------- To be continued.

The structure looks neat and solid.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 2:08am On Nov 11, 2014
FastShipping:

Hajj, leave this DPC thing alone grin. It is unnecessary in most homes built on solid land in Nigeria. This overbuilding of homes is waste of resources. My house is 70ft by 58ft and I refused to do the DPC either and the house is super solid. Have a solid foundation and you are good to go. I have consulted widely on this topic and I don't find DPC to be important in homes built on solid land.

Just asking to prove a point to that Elvis07 and myself.. I am not faulting it. I will refer Elvis07 to this thread too..
My building was built like that too.. I did my DPC after the first floor as you can see in the photos I posted in Elvis07 thread.
Mine was done exactly like the picture NairaBaba posted above, so how can I complain or fault the guy... So you see..

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by agarawu23(m): 6:06am On Nov 11, 2014
good day sir!

nice job.

pls whats the price spent to reach linted level on building 1 and building 2?
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2014
@ agarawu23

Building One---------------------------2.75M
Building Two---------------------------1.27M

Note. We completed Building one to lintel before starting Building Two. Thus, most of the ancillary
cost ; Omo onile, Area boys, Tanks, Site preparation, gates etc goes to building One.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
NairaBaba:
@ agarawu23

Note. We completed Building one to lintel before starting Building Two. Thus, most of the ancillary
cost ; Omo onile, Area boys, Tanks, Site preparation, gates etc goes to building One.

Very good cost, funds well managed.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by diordaves(m): 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
NairaBaba well done. The whole thing looks solid and well built despite no "all round chaining" of lintel and German Floor. I agree, we over build sometimes and I'm also guilty of over building. I particularly like the optima utilization of the land. I must commend your effort in making every square inch of the land pay for itself. The shops are masterstroke. Well done.

While we wait for part 2, lets occupy ourselves with some academic jingoism. You can't change nothing now but I think the position of the flight of stairs did not do justice to the coherent flow of the building going by the posted plan. I will do it differently. I will position the stairs at the far left end of the building so that the kitchen will be close to the living room. Accessing the dining table after cooking is some walk of almost 360 degrees since you need to go way round the the stairs. Again the toilet. Imagine you have a first time visitor who needs to access the toilet, they will have to walk through the "length" and "breath" of the house: pass the kitchen, pass bedroom one, pass bedroom two and then finally toilet. Apart from this small issue, I will do it just like you. Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by kolamilan(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2014
following attentively. nice work nairababa.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by agarawu23(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
NairaBaba:
@ agarawu23

wow very economical . nice job n keep it moving
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
diordaves:
NairaBaba well done. The whole thing looks solid and well built despite no "all round chaining" of lintel and German Floor. I agree, we over build sometimes and I'm also guilty of over building. I particularly like the optima utilization of the land. I must commend your effort in making every square inch of the land pay for itself. The shops are masterstroke. Well done.

While we wait for part 2, lets occupy ourselves with some academic jingoism. You can't change nothing now but I think the position of the flight of stairs did not do justice to the coherent flow of the building going by the posted plan. I will do it differently. I will position the stairs at the far left end of the building so that the kitchen will be close to the living room. Accessing the dining table after cooking is some walk of almost 360 degrees since you need to go way round the the stairs. Again the toilet. Imagine you have a first time visitor who needs to access the toilet, they will have to walk through the "length" and "breath" of the house: pass the kitchen, pass bedroom one, pass bedroom two and then finally toilet. Apart from this small issue, I will do it just like you. Well done.

I always love your observations and usual contribution.. You mean move the stairs to the last bedroom?
I am also learning from all this. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
@ diordaves.
The building plan I uploaded is for building Two. I must confess the design has some issues but that seems the best way to optimize the land, . I will upload the plan for building One later, the layout is excellent.

On ''all round chaining'' , It was done for the upper flats as you will see later. This is one of the ways Nairaland Property section contributed to final outcome of the project. When the project started I was not too assertive on how things where to be done. This is not easy when you are not a professional or experienced person in building industry .

After following building projects by professionals and sound contributions on these projects (spyder880, Brabus, Fhemmmy Chekitau, Hajji etc ) on nairaland I started to assert my views and most time I have my ways

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by NairaBaba: 4:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
@ @ diordaves

A visitor don't need to go all length and breath of the house to use toilet. The plan I uploaded consist of ground floor and first floor plan, ( where "ground floor" is written is not visible from the picture ), you will see a visitor toilet named ''VT'' at the entrance to sitting room from outside the flat.

For the upper flat a visitor can only access the visitor toilet named''VT" on the first floor plan from sitting room not outside.

See the attached complete plan picture.

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by diordaves(m): 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
No Hajji M. The stairs will be by the side of sitting room so that it is not "cutting" the house almost into two separate halves.

NairaBaba I can now see the Visitors Toilet (VT). This will solve the problem. But when Baba God bless you again for your next project, don't do this external toilet thing. Toilets should be incoporated inside the house for ALL to use. Imagine a scenario when there are visitors at home and for example the lady of the house is pressed and the main toilet is occupied, to relief herself, she will either need to wait for the main toilet to be free or walk through the sitting room to go to the visitor toilet at the full glare of the visitors. I tell you, ladies don't like this, they like doing their thing in private unlike us.

You are spot on regarding the "all round chaining". Why do all round chaining at the ground floor when after two or three coaches after lintel you will do about six inches(minimum) thick decking? What is the all round chaining for then when the decking is a superior chain? Chaining the top floor is good advise. I go with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
diordaves:
No Hajji M. The stairs will be by the side of sitting room so that it is not "cutting" the house almost into two separate halves.

Got it. Put the stairs by the "VT" side and push the Living Room more to the Kitchen side.. not bad at all...
Thanks for the lecture. I am always learning.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by mufutau55(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Re: Construction Of Six Flats Of 2-bedroom With Three Shops. by elvis07: 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hajj M i am following oooo my mind is fully relaxed as i now have enough to show my friend wen i c him some weeks to come grin
mufutau55:

Just asking to prove a point to that Elvis07 and myself.. I am not faulting it. I will refer Elvis07 to this thread too..
My building was built like that too.. I did my DPC after the first floor as you can see in the photos I posted in Elvis07 thread.
Mine was done exactly like the picture NairaBaba posted above, so how can I complain or fault the guy... So you see..

Hajji M.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Anambra Man Builds House For Poor Widow, Dedicates It After Completion. Photos / Stop Putting Gas Cylinders Inside Kitchens, Burns Expert Warns / Who is to blame here? Me or my landlord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.