Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song (3875 Views)

3-year-old DJ Arch Accused Of CHEATING / Singer, Sean Tizzle Shows Off His Rolex, Sneaker And Jewelries / Emelia Brobbey Arrested For Stealing In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by kachysblog(f): 6:20am On Nov 11, 2014
A singer by the name of Portah claims that pop act Sean Tizzle stole a chorus of his that was used in his hit song 'Perfect Gentleman'. Portah who is an Ibadan based act has come out to say he is the composer of the 'Perfect Gentleman' hook, but was not informed by Sean Tizzle or D'Tunes.

The upcoming act made this claim during an exclusive interview with THE NET. In the story, Portah recollects how he met D'Tunes in STAR FM in Ibadan when the producer and Sean Tizzle were making promo rounds for their hit single 'Sho Le'. According to Portah, D'Tunes recognized him as one of his BBM acquaintances in the past. After catching up with the budding singer, D'Tunes promised the Lead City undergraduate that he was going to sign him.
On January 2, 2014, D'Tunes called up Portah, told him to come to his studio and bring his songs along. The songs were 21 in total. On getting to the studio D'Tunes copied Portah's song from the two CDs he bought to his system. In Portah's narration of events, D'Tunes revealed to him that a friend of his based in the UK was interested in signing him, but wanted to use the producer as the front for the label. D'Tunes further told him that when his friend from the UK comes to Nigeria in a few months, the record deal will be made.

The producer later asked him if he was interested in writing for Sean Tizzle, and Portah said yes. Nothing however materialized from that because according to him D'Tunes didn't pick his calls or answer his texts after that day in the studio.

The upcoming singer said he was unaware his chorus was used in Sean Tizzle's 'Perfect Gentleman' until a friend of his sang the hook and told him it was off the pop act's debut album. Portah downloaded the song and found out it was true.

Portah claims that he reached out to D'Tunes afterwards, but the award winning producer said that he did not jack his chorus.

A representative of D'Tunes' label Difference Entertainment, Johnson has reacted to the allegations. "The guy is fabricating all these, because the song ‘Perfect Gentleman’ was done with me and a lot of other people in the studio" he stated.

'Perfect Gentleman' is the seventh single off Sean Tizzle's debut album The Journey.

This is not the first time Sean Tizzle has been involved in a song jacking scandal. His breakout single 'Sho Le' in 2012 was written by Sound Sultan. The young pop act however didn't credit his former boss. Sound Sultan threatened legal action, but the issue was settled out of court. Despite the success of 'Sho Le', the single didn't feature on The Journey despite being one of the hottest songs of 2012.

1 Share

Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by Whizzdom(m): 11:38am On Nov 13, 2014
How does dah reduce the rate of unemployment in the country ?

OP sowie to say dis ... You sud be planked grin grin grin
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by Opeedo(m): 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Whizzdom:

Ask him for me o
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by cyprus000: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hmmm...next.
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by cyprus000: 10:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
Whizzdom:

my broda ask am.does this make any improvement to our lives.people are living their lives and making it big,u are following them lyk boy.y dont u focus on how to be make it urslf.
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2015
cyprus000:
my broda ask am.does this make any improvement to our lives.people are living their lives and making it big,u are following them lyk boy.y dont u focus on how to be make it urslf...MEANWHILE.I WANT TO HELP 7 NIGERIANS MAKE $200=34600 PER DAY,FOLLOW THIS LINK IF U ARE INTERESTED»www.nigerianbestforum.com/index.php?topic=419250.msg732094#msg732094
Dude do I look like a mugu to you how much have you made urslf ? better go elsewhere to carry out ur 419ing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by cyprus000: 5:10pm On Jan 02, 2015
danyel09:
Dude do I look like a mugu to you how much have you made urslf ? better go elsewhere to carry out ur 419ing
i have promised myslf not to quote fools this 2015 but i have to tell u that,poverty has beclouded ur sense of reasoning,thats y you dont see possibility in life instead u are mentally slave to poverty...i dey abuja,come visit me,make i show u real cash,to relive u from mental slavery.
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2015
cyprus000:
i have promised myslf not to quote fools this 2015 but i have to tell u that,poverty has beclouded ur sense of reasoning,thats y you dont see possibility in life instead u are mentally slave to poverty...i dey abuja,come visit me,make i show u real cash,to relive u from mental slavery.
now u av really shown us dat u are a church rat seeking for whom to share ur plight with, soo u being in abuja is mouth ??, dude dere are many poverty striken ppl like u dere and plenty almajiris, if ur conversant with tge place, u will know wat I mean. Poverty driven u to 419ing, sorry dere are other clean means to Make money, jxt ask ppl, period.
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by cyprus000: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2015
danyel09:
now u av really shown us dat u are a church rat seeking for whom to share ur plight with, soo u being in abuja is mouth ??, dude dere are many poverty striken ppl like u dere and plenty almajiris, if ur conversant with tge place, u will know wat I mean. Poverty driven u to 419ing, sorry dere are other clean means to Make money, jxt ask ppl, period.
i don't need to trade words with u,if u are in ABj,come visit me.i stay at federal housing estate kubwa
Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by nex(m): 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2015
I believe this Portah fellow should bring forward his own song, and evidence of when it was recorded, so that when it is played side-by-side Sean Tizzle's "Perfect Gentleman", we'll be able to know who stole what, and who is making empty claims.

1 Like

Re: Sean Tizzle Accused Of Stealing 'perfect Gentleman' Song by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
cyprus000:
i don't need to trade words with u,if u are in ABj,come visit me.i stay at federal housing estate kubwa
dude I don't need to come visit u in ur house, I stay in lag and am happy about dat and not sleeping with one eye open cus of our Boko brothers

(1) (Reply)

Meet The World’s Youngest Swimmer At Just One Day Old / Sex, Fight, Scheming And Fun Rock Gus Celebrity Showdown / Check Out The 5 Worst Haircuts In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.