Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway (19635 Views)

Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by freecocoa(f): 5:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
definitely, like I said he had the right to retaliate but it had to be within reasonable and justifiable means.
He's justified na, did you see the video? He slapped her and then her friends came at him, what was he supposed to do?

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by coogar: 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
but he was breaking the law by causing public disturbance.

he retaliated in self defence. would the man have smacked the girl if she didn't hit him first? he was even walking away & she whacked his head after he turned his back on her. the man is the victim.

I checked in the English dictionary and it is still defined as, " an offensive way of reffering to a woman, especially in an unpleasant way."

when was that dictionary published? grin
even the word "bad" these days means good.

self defence and private defence are a ground of justification in hundreds of other countries all over the world too not just the state of New York. And in all these countries and states that have self defence and private defence as a ground of justification they come with limitations too smiley

not this time, my dear attorney.
the man stood his ground. he was retreating & he got whacked. you also seem to forget the babe slapped the camera out of someone's hands just because he made a passing comment.

she verbally & physically abused this man. they dissed his 8-ball jacket before all other passengers on the train. what was he meant to do? if he didn't retaliate, the bïtch would have hit him the 2nd or the 3rd time.

I'm sure you remember the other incident where a Cleveland bus driver sucker-punched a lady after she spit on his face. do tell me why he was charged with assault, even though he wasn't the one who started the attack? undecided CCTV will not help you if you assault affects or hurts other people in the club who are not part of your fight, stop lying. Crimes deal with the public interests and not just individual interests.

i don't remember this incident - was this before SYG law or after? if it was before 2005 then it doesn't apply to this case. SYG law states you have a duty not to retreat & defend yourself in the face of imminent threat to life.

let me give you another example if I pay you to kill someone and you succeed. we will both be charged with murder (despite the fact that I wasn't the one who actually killed the person) because I had influence on the commission of the crime. that's all it takes

who doesn't know this before?
paying me to kill is even worse - it's become a conspiracy. it was well thought out, planned & strategised. of course, it's murder and its got nothing to do with a spontaneous reaction in a self defence situation.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
definitely, like I said he had the right to retaliate but it had to be within reasonable and justifiable means.

The fact that she hit him first, isn't justifiable enough??

He was ready to go about his business after that slap until the foolish white knight came out of no where to defend his ghetto friend.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by wonlasewonimi: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets the defender of the hoodrats. grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
kandiikane:

Stop bringing in irrelevant points into the case. We are speaking on what we see in the video. All the people who got hit were those who jumped on him. Those are the facts as we see them. This isn't about even getting damages/remedies but females being charged for assault.
I don't know where you live but here is the statement made by a judge(Lord morris) in the UK in the case of (palmer) 1971,
HOW MANY TIMES WILL I SAY SHE TOO WAS AT FAULT AND SHE COMMITTED A CRIME there is something called joint wrongdoers look it up! undecided I really don't understand what your problem is sef

Again, He tried removing himself from the situation, The guy was not in her face or behaving in a threatening manner that required her to lash out. He did what would have been instinctively necessary in a moment like that.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by okotv(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
men been maltreated since 1960 or above

2 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
BananaBender:

The fact that she hit him first, isn't justifiable enough??

He was ready to go about his business after that slap until the foolish white knight came out of no where to defend his ghetto friend.

Sholly I didn't say he didn't have the right to defend himself, I said he exceeded the limits because other people where also affected by their actions too. when you involve other people in your wahala (whether u do it intentionally or reckelessly) you have not only fringed the interests of your attacker but you have also infringed the interests of the other people.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by freecocoa(f): 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
coogar:

he retaliated in self defence. would the man have smacked the girl if she didn't hit him first? he was even walking away & she whacked his head after he turned his back on her. the man is the victim.

the man stood his ground. he was retreating & he got whacked. you also seem to forget the babe slapped the camera out of someone's hand just because he made a passing comment

she verbally & physically abused this man. they dissed his 8-ball jacket before all other passengers on the train. what was he meant to do? if he didn't retaliate, the bïtch would have hit him the 2nd or the 3rd time.

i don't remember this incident - was this before SYG law or after? if it was before 2005 then it doesn't apply to this case. SYG law states you have a duty not to retreat & defend yourself in the face of imminent threat to life.

paying me to kill is even worse - it's become a conspiracy. it was well thought out, planned & strategised. of course, it's murder and its got nothing to do with a spontaneous reaction in a self defence situation.
Yea she did,more than once, that girl is really crazy, it's just a small pity that captain-save-a-hoe(thanks BABE3) chop better beating pass her.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by coogar: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
freecocoa:
Yea she did,more than once, that girl is really crazy, it's just a small pity that captain-save-a-hoe(thanks BABE3) chop better beating pass her.

the man videotaping it said "don’t nobody wear steve maddens no more" and he got his phone slapped from his hands & rushed by 4 hoodrats. grin cheesy

and it's true, those shoes are old school - less than $50 in most shops. she was dissing the man's jacket because she had archaic steve maddens' shoes?

only in america....

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
Lanister:

When it comes to insulting a man grown man, they are not termed fragile. But when they are beaten, they become fragile. As long as a single woman can give birth to 18 children, is than one fragility?, I'm sick of this feminist theorists (radical) talking nonsense

I just alluded to their fragility because with women, more time you don't even know where to hit them. You hit them in the head region like Ray Rice did, and they might pass out with the slightest touch, smacking their heads on something. Hit them on the chest, and you might fvck up the ti.ts and shiit. Hit them in the stomach region, and that might lead to internal bleeding. Hit them at the back, and they might slip and fall on something.

You can only hit them around the shoulder region and the bum, if you want to protect yourself. So these mofos are fragile, but they run their mouths too darn much.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by freecocoa(f): 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
coogar:

the man videotaping it said "don’t nobody wear steve maddens no more" and he got his phone slapped from his hands & rushed by 4 hoodrats. grin cheesy

and it's true, those shoes are old school - less than $50 in most shops. she was dissing the man's jacket because she had archaic steve maddens' shoes?

only in america....
grin grin grin

Yet she had the nerves to say his jacket was from the 90's, she was feeling like one superstar cos she had stup1d friends egging her on, she didn't want to disappoint them, Chai! I wonder what captain-save-a-hoe's face look like by now, that guy fit no see clearly for weeks grin.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
I still am. what degree do you have? smiley undecided grin
law angry

Stop copying your friends notes and actually read by yourself.
if you were being attacked by that many people I don't see how a reasonable man would be thinking about the person that didn't hit him.

The level of forced used was reasonable.
There is no evidence of death or serious injury
the force was applied the same way it was received. There were no use of weapons
He didn't premeditate the violence

These are all answers from questions that will be asked if public interest was to be considered.

Stop defending these women because I know you are doing so because they are women. They should be addressed as humans and their actions assessed as so.

3 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2014
coogar:

lets be frank with each other all you want to hear me say is "she is wrong, he is not" abi?

was his intention of using the word "b*tch" a good one?

the man stood his ground. he was retreating & he got whacked. you also seem to forget the babe slapped the camera out of someone's hands just because he made a passing comment.
well... he was taking a private video which she did not give him permission to do so, but I will agree you that slapping the phone/ camera was uncalled for. she could have requested him to stop politely.

okay I thought that was a little funny lipsrsealed, but she also looked like she shops from a 99cent store anyway. Just to clarify this, he called her a b*tch before she physically attacked.

a slap is even not "life threatening" its just causing harm. life threatening would be something that can cause serious injury or death. Ummm even courts always use previous cases to give judgement in a case presently before them too smiley

I put the most relevant part in bold, which has having influence in the commission of a crime

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by BABE3: 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
freecocoa:
grin grin grin

Yet she had the nerves to say his jacket was from the 90's, she was feeling like one superstar cos she had stup1d friends egging her on, she didn't want to disappoint them, Chai! I wonder what captain-save-a-hoe's face look like by now, that girl fit no see clearly for weeks grin.

I heard shequina friend-zoned him prior to that fight. He thought defending her would take him out of the zone; instead, he lost the fight like a huge sissy. Back to square one for him. grin

kandiikane:

law angry

Jesus Christ. grin grin
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
kandiikane:

law angry

if you were being attacked by that many people I don't see how a reasonable man would be thinking about the person that didn't hit him.

the force was applied the same way it was received. There were no use of weapons

These are all answers from questions that will be asked if public interest was to be considered.

Stop defending these women because I know you are doing so because they are women. They should be addressed as humans and their actions assessed as so.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
SirShymex:
Cray!!

Dude, heard what Pierce Morgan had to say about the 'N word' dying? Twitter went ballistic yesterday.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
kandiikane:

law angry

I respect you as a woman and I don't understand why you have to make it personal, because I never wanted to take it there in the first place. lets stick to the purpose of the thread.

so was the harm caused on the other passengers "was applied as it was received"?

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by coogar: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
lets be frank with each other all you want to hear me say is "she is wrong, he is not" abi?

he's not wrong - he did what i would expect of any man.

was his intention of using the word "b*tch" a good one?

yes....he wasn't threatening or jeering at her. he asked why she's behaving abnormally? did the guy with the camera call her a bïtch before he got his camera slapped off?

well... he was taking a private video which she did not give him permission to do so, but I will agree you that slapping the phone/ camera was uncalled for. she could have requested him to stop politely.

the train is a public transport. the use of camera in a public place isn't prohibited. he's well within his rights to use his phone as he deems please. there's nothing "private" in a public place.

okay I thought that was a little funny lipsrsealed, but she also looked like she shops from a 99cent store anyway. Just to clarify this, he called her a b*tch before she physically attacked.

she physically attacked the dude videotaping & he didn't call her a bïtch. it then shows this woman did by need to be provoked to act out wildly. she wanted drama & she got one

a slap is even not "life threatening" its just causing harm. life threatening would be something that can cause serious injury or death. Ummm even courts always use previous cases to give judgement in a case presently before them too smiley

and getting whacked with a pair of shoes to the head cannot cause bodily harm? do you know where those shoes have stepped on? why did she do it when he turned his back? that's what made the retaliation spontaneous. if the dude had seen it coming, he would have blocked her and the matter would have ended there & then.

I put the most relevant part in bold, which has having influence in the commission of a crime

apples & oranges!
even the cleveland bus driver was another apples & oranges case. the bus driver didn't act out spontaneously thus cannot claim self defence.

when he got spat on.....he was driving & continued driving till he found somewhere to park and then sucker-punched his attacker. he could have called the police in that brief gap. attacking the girl later seems premeditated.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
HOW MANY TIMES WILL I SAY SHE TOO WAS AT FAULT AND SHE COMMITTED A CRIME there is something called joint wrongdoers look it up! undecided I really don't understand what your problem is sef

You don't understand my problem? I understand yours, stop copying your friends' notes. Joint wrong doers/contributory negligence is a defence used in tort and we are talking about a criminal case here. Even if it was a case in tort, someone must suffer damages. Now let say he suffered some injury, tell me how the guy contributed to injuries he sustained from the fight since he is the one suing them here. Remember this has now become a tortious case. Where is the negligence on his own part?

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
freecocoa:
He's justified na, did you see the video? He slapped her and then her friends came at him, what was he supposed to do?
he was suppose to defend himself without affecting other passengers who had nothing to do with their fight. you can never be wrong if you defend yourself provided that it does not affect the interests of any other person who is not your attacker.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
BananaBender:

Dude, heard what Pierce Morgan had to say about the 'N word' dying? Twitter went ballistic yesterday.

I saw it this morning.

Piers Morgan has always been a freaking bell, with the IQ of a panda.

I just hate when folks have no knowledge of history, nor understand the cultural experience and a struggle of a certain demographic, think they have an opinion on something that's deeper than they can ever understand. Well, it comes with white privilege, ignorance, and having a platform (though not deserved) to speak.

He did that nonsense for ratings, shiity mouth having weasel.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 5:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
I respect you as a woman and I don't understand why you have to make it personal, because I never wanted to take it there in the first place. lets stick to the purpose of the thread.

so was the harm caused on the other passengers "was applied as it was received"?
which other passengers? Who else did you see being hit except for those who jump on him?

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
Mondisweets:
I respect you as a woman ...........

aawww Mondi kiss kiss

Don't mind kandiikane, she's been inhaling too much salicylic acid.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by BABE3: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
@ momdisweets

recording people or taking pictures of people in public isn't an offense. You don't need anyone's permission to do that. And as you've admitted, a public transport is public.

That's why paparazzi are always in celebrity's faces and the celebrities can't do shìt about it; they can't sue. But the moment the celebrities enter a private building, the paparazzi back off.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
coogar:

he retaliated in self defence. would the man have smacked the girl if she didn't hit him first?

Mondisweets this is something that is also important in law. If it wasn't for the girl's action would the situation have turned out the way it did? And the fact that he was walking away? Causation!

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
SirShymex:

I saw it this morning.

I just hate when folks have no knowledge of history, nor understand the cultural experience and a struggle of a certain demographic, think they have an opinion on something that's deeper than they can ever understand. Well, it comes with white privilege, ignorance, and having a platform (though not deserved) to speak.

You, like most ppl are just pissed "a white man is talking about the African American culture". A small percentage are the ones actually discussing the problem with his solution and how it probably doesn't solve anything.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
BananaBender:

aawww Mondi kiss kiss

Don't mind kandiikane, she's been inhaling too much salicylic acid.
lol cheesy

@Mondisweets I apologise if you took offence to that statement but I use to get that a lot when I use to do group work, people failed to read and come to argue with irrelevant points.

Remember this is a criminal case and not a tortious one, don't confuse the two.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
coogar:

he's not wrong - he did what i would expect of any man.

yes....he wasn't threatening or jeering at her. he asked why she's behaving abnormally? did the guy with the camera call her a bïtch before he got his camera slapped off?

the train is a public transport. the use of camera in a public place isn't prohibited. he's well within his rights to use his phone as he deems please. there's nothing "private" in a public place.
that's he took from his personal device and she had the right to request him not to do so, just like the same way you have the right to request or stop any other person from taking a picture of you, without your consent. why do u think celebrities always block the paparazzi's cameras when they don't want pics or videos of them taken without their consent? they have the right to stop them.

she physically attacked the dude videotaping & he didn't call her a bïtch. it then shows this woman did by need to be provoked to act out wildly. she wanted drama & she got one
God knows why you keep bringing this up because I have already agreed that she was also at fault already.

and getting whacked with a pair of shoes to the head cannot cause bodily harm? do you know where those shoes have stepped on? why did she do it when he turned his back? that's what made the retaliation spontaneous. if the dude had seen it coming, he would have blocked her and the matter would have ended there & then.
coogar the reason why I brought up the public violence issue is because there were other people who where affected who are not the perpetrator.

apples & oranges!
even the cleveland bus driver was another apples & oranges case. the bus driver didn't act out spontaneously thus cannot claim self defence.

when he got spat on.....he was driving & continued driving till he found somewhere to park and then sucker-punched his attacker. he could have called the police in that brief gap. attacking the girl later seems premeditated.
Failing to take standards of care where there is a duty to do so, is also a form of fault. intention is not the only form of fault for committing a crime. He could have taken standards of care and he would have sued for defamation and bodily harm and he would have made a charge against for assault, and he would have left the incident clean.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

How can you have gender equality when one gender cannot piss into a bottle without spillage.

shocked
A woman can piss in a bottle without spillage.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Missy89(f): 6:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
SirShymex:

I saw it this morning.

So do u think the word will go away if black folks dont stop using it?

What is ur proposed solution?
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
kandiikane:

lol cheesy

@Mondisweets I apologise if you took offence to that statement but I use to get that a lot when I use to do group work, people failed to read and come to argue with irrelevant points.

Remember this is a criminal case and not a tortious one, don't confuse the two.
making personal attacks instead isn't arguing with relevant points either. Always try to lead by example. wink anyway its all good smiley
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
BananaBender:

You, like most ppl are just pissed "a white man is talking about the African American culture". A small percentage are the ones actually discussing the problem with his solution and how it probably doesn't solve anything.

Nah, it's deeper than the colour of skin. It's his understanding of the subject-matter.

The word "Nig.ger" itself was never a derogatory term. It came from "negro" - a Latin word for black. It was flipped during slavery to become a derogatory term for black people. And black people subsequently took power out of the same word - and made it a word for intra-race endearment.

Now, imagine taking that word out of the black vocabulary. How will that stop racists from using it in a contemptuous? Jews and Italians have racial words of endearment they call one another, in which you and I as outsiders can never use. However, I believe the whole thing about the use of "nyggah" today has to be because of the lack of privilege by other races of people, especially white folks, to use the same word. It's just white guilt - and the dark history.

You just can't give these folks that privilege to dictate to us. And definitely not a nutter like Piers Morgan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Please I Need A Romantic Name To Call My Husband. / Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex / Changing The Name Of A Property You Bought,before You Married Him To His Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.