Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! (7451 Views)

10 Things Men Think While Going Down On You, 8 Is Hmmm. / Why Do Nigerian Men Think All Foreign Women Are Crazy About Them / How Men Think In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 11, 2014
There is this guy who is two years older than me so I assumed he was a matured guy but dam I was so wrong.

I met him this year because we were in the same class. The guy was shy when we spoke. Long story short he came to me and confessed that he had feelings for me like two months ago and would like us to be together embarassed ...

I told him I admire his bravery for telling me how he feels but I wasn't looking to start any relationship because its almost the end of the year but I wouldn't mind being friends (Dont give me that look angry ... yes I friendzoned him)

He would ask to come over and chill but I always had an excuse...I didnt want awkward moments. Two weeks back I asked him to come fix something on the pc so he did and we chilled after he was done. Very good conversation...nothing awkward.

Next day around 8pm I get a message from him saying I miss you, please can I spend the night angry ... I lost it, I wanted to go all crazy on his ass but I just calmly asked him to explain. Without any remorse he just said that we would get snacks, watch a movie and he would sleep over!
I was so angry and insulted! what made him think he could just ask me something like that and I would agree? Did I look easy to him?

I know you will attack me for this but usually if a guy likes me and I have no feelings I ignore him completely so by asking if we could be friends I adjusted my usual method and this is what I get If a woman invites you to her room that is not an invitation for anything else.

He didnt apologize when i told him how it made me feel, he just said but you knew how i felt from the beginning! I have been ignoring him for two weeks now.

Is it ok for him to have asked me to spend the night? ... besides having poor game I guess he had nothing to loose

Am I over reacting?

Why would a guy do this? (except for the obvious) ... what gave him the green light?

Ps: I dont really dress provocatively...I swear. When he came over I was wearing a long boobtube maxi dress... nothing suggestive about that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Wolenice(m): 10:58am On Nov 11, 2014
Women are very complex and complicated creatures......poor him lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 11, 2014
Wolenice:
Women are very complex and complicated creatures......poor him lipsrsealed

Why poor him? How does a guy just ask a girl for sex when he isnt even dating her... you can lure a woman into sex but to blatantly ask for it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 11, 2014
I toUght we were in the 21st century

Yea clearly you over reacted

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2014
Kinkybraids:

Why poor him? How does a guy just ask a girl for sex when he isnt even dating her... you can lure a woman into sex but to blatantly ask for it
you didint mention sex oo you only said he asked to come over
Do you know if he meant that in and innocent way

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 11, 2014
Its obvious dat he want ur body.
You guys are not dating,and he want to sleep over...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 11, 2014
samflexxy:
you didint mention sex oo you only said he asked to come over
Do you know if he meant that in and innocent way

He asked to spend the night...sleep over... in my head that equates to him asking for sex undecided ... and back in the day when people werent so bold to say can I come over for a F**k ...that's how guys would ask
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 11, 2014
mizzkeji44:
Its obvious dat he want ur body.
You guys are not dating,and he want to sleep over...

Thank you...all the men here are making me feel crazy but thats what I thought too.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2014
samflexxy:
I toUght we were in the 21st century

Yea clearly you over reacted

Ok so theres nothing about what he said that is insulting? I took it as him thinking im cheap... what fool asks a woman that. By being nice and friendly to him does it imply im open to sex?
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 11, 2014
Pls how Old are U, OP

Just tell Us U r missing him, and we will tell U what to do..

U ave been ignoring him for 2 weeks, so what else do u want? U r now coming here to Complain.. Are U this stūpid Or U r just naturally Stūpid

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Mprex(f): 11:28am On Nov 11, 2014
Lol. Op you should have asked him to come over. Boil hot water, add a generous amount of cameroon pepper and wait by the gate for him with a bucket-full of it. angry

on a serious note, maybe the guy didnt mean anything, maybe he actually meant something. If i were in your shoes, i wouldnt come down hard on him. I will politely give him a tangible excuse and that settles it.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Emodeee: 11:29am On Nov 11, 2014
u sound b.f u lyk d guy in question, jez dat u've vowed nt to cheat on ur b.f.
i av a feeling dat u av feeling remorseful 4 declining is request.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Emodeee: 11:30am On Nov 11, 2014
u sound as if u lyk d guy in question, jez dat u've vowed nt to cheat on ur b.f.
i av a feeling dat u r feeling remorseful 4 declining his request.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 11, 2014
Bimfo:
Pls how Old are U, OP

Just tell Us U r missing him, and we will tell U what to do..

U ave been ignoring him for 2 weeks, so what else do u want? U r now coming here to Complain.. Are U this stūpid Or U r just naturally Stūpid

And what exactly makes me stupid? Its funny how even an innocent thread attracts ignorant comments No offence

But if you must know I've got a bit of time on my hands and Im re-evaluating whether I was justified in reacting like I did... should you care to know undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 11, 2014
Mprex:
Lol. Op you should have asked him to come over. Boil hot water, add a generous amount of cameroon pepper and wait by the gate for him with a bucket-full of it. angry

on a serious note, maybe the guy didnt mean anything, maybe he actually meant something. If i were in your shoes, i wouldnt come down hard on him. I will politely give him a tangible excuse and that settles it.

grin you are actually right... I think my response was mean but guys just dont respect women at all these days. You know when i said does he think im cheap he just said he does that with his friends all the time. So just because one of his female friends agreed to such then its okay to just go around asking other girls too.

I think im just generally angry at how guys think they can just get free sex from girl... what has he done to deserve it nothing but fix my pc
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 11, 2014
Emodeee:
u sound as if u lyk d guy in question, jez dat u've vowed nt to cheat on ur b.f.
i av a feeling dat u av feeling remorseful 4 declining is request.

I actually dont like him... I pity him thats why im friends with him cause i dont wanna hurt his feelings. If i did like him my reponse would have been more playful
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Kinkybraids:

He asked to spend the night...sleep over... in my head that equates to him asking for sex undecided ... and back in the day when people werent so bold to say can I come over for a F**k ...that's how guys would ask
I get you 'but'
No he might actually be innocent have slept in a room with a female friend for almost a month and nothing happened
Learn to trust people don't judge a book by its cover

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by agohmamuda(m): 11:49am On Nov 11, 2014
Looking at this from the angle of the gods. This is my take: O.p didn't like the approach he used to ask for sex; Simple.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by luckybaddest(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2014
Ooooh my God!!!!! how on earth is this one take concern me
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Tymax(m): 11:56am On Nov 11, 2014
He certainly wouldn't have made those moves if he didn't get the green light. Kinkybraids, I believe you owe him an apology. angry
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by joshbouy(m): 11:59am On Nov 11, 2014
him coming over doesn't necessarily mean he's indirectly trying to ask you to have sex with him. you clearly over reacted. Am not on anyone's side here. But he might have had a different motive when he told you that But then you Thought otherwise. I have female friends that I call to inform them that I wanna sleep over, then they ask cunningly Why? I just reply that Am bored. And when I get to sleep over, Nothing happens. But it's not applicable to all guys though, cause some guys can be funny.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by adepiero: 12:15pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kinkybraids:

from your write up, he didn't ask you for sex! he only asked to sleep over.

he might feel you are shy, and playing hard to get so he decided to take the bull by the horn.

or he might just wanna share your bed with no intention of sex or with the hope of getting lucky and scoring in the process grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by lilmax(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kinkybraids:

you can lure a woman into sex but to blatantly ask for it
next time tell him to lure you
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Agybabe(f): 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
Dear op, I really do understand your reaction to his request of spending the night over at your place.

He got such worthy reply because you felt nothing for him, whereas he thought you did.

The boy guy is a learner.

Do not feel bad for what you did. He looked at you to be a free thing. Such insolence. Next time he would think twice.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kinkybraids:

Thank you...all the men here are making me feel crazy but thats what I thought too.
Dont mind dem.
Be bold and take your stand.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by uchennamani(m): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
Rubbish.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Oahray: 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2014
Hmmm... Why do girls like to ask favours from guys interested in them but in whom they aren't interested?

The guy is very childish, but you gave him reasons to act that way. A guy asks you out and the best reason you could give for saying no is that it's the end of the year? Alright, the guy waded through the watery excuse and kept trying to spend time with you. You kept refusing. I almost applauded you at this point.

Then you needed to fix your pc, and didn't want to spend money. What better work donkey around than the guy dying for you? So you called him over to the same room he had always wanted to come to. Of course he came over, and you even chilled with him (hoping it's payment enough).

Tell us, what sign have you given him to know that you aren't interested in chilling with him in your room at night? You gave him the green light.

He obviously thinks you are indecisive and need extra push to go back on your words. I agree. He just didn't know when and how hard to push.

11 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by kennynelcon(m): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
Brothers let's mind our business, it's better to see a movie alone than end up as a boy friend(friend Zone) not Boyfriend .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Emodeee: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Kinkybraids:

I actually dont like him... I pity him thats why im friends with him
cause i dont wanna hurt his feelings. If i did like him my reponse would
have been more playful

r u a virgin? if u r nt, let him enjoy d benefit of friends wid benefits.
btw dn't u knw dat aving pity 4 a guy smtimes means luv? if u dn't, ask ur female folks.
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 11, 2014
Guys nawa for some of you ooo...
Make a mistake of inviting them to yourself and regret afterwards...
Is either they are stealing from you or belittling you to a LovePeddler.

Op except you like a guy and want a relationship with him then you can invite him to your house but someone you don't like, pls just keep him at arm's length. (Outside your gate till he gets tired of visiting)
Re: Why Do Men Think Its Okay...its Not! by thorpido(m): 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Op,you are right with your reaction.The boy is a learner.

However,you are wrong with your title.Please put 'some' in it or change it to 'why does this guy think.....'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Manhood Refused To Be Erected, When Its The Main Time For The Show, chaiii / MEET CALIGULA: The Most *Disgusting Man In ManKind History (Viewers Discretion) / I Caught My Husband Sleeping With My Brother On Our Matrimonial Bed! Reader Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.