Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,773 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Traditional Vs White Wedding, Does It Matter Which Comes First? (advise) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Traditional Vs White Wedding, Does It Matter Which Comes First? (advise) (813 Views)

White Wedding Photos Of Election Couple / Who Puts Food On The Table: Does It Matter ? / My Mother, My Wife: Who Comes First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Vs White Wedding, Does It Matter Which Comes First? (advise) by qloreal: 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
[b]Fellow N'landers,
I have a friend who is in dire need of advise.
He is planning to get married soon and he is
pondering an unusual idea of combining his
traditional marriage with his white wedding
i.e. having both events on the same day. His
plan is to go to church first, get hitched and
later in the afternoon have the traditional
marriage in place of what would have been
the reception.
He thinks it would save him costs because
he would only have to pay for things once
i.e. food, drinks, music, hall, etc versus
paying for them twice if they were held on
different days.
According to him, his fiancee and her
immediate family (father and mother) are ok
with it but her extended family(aunties,
uncles, etc) have been kicking against the
idea. Some of the girls aunties even called
him to discourage the idea. FYI, all the actors
involved are here in nigeria.
I agree with my friend that combining both
on the same day will save him a lot of
money. However, i have never seen this
done before, either in Nigeria or abroad.
Has anybody ever witnessed an
arrangement like this before?.
If so, how did it turn out? Do you guys think
it is a good idea?
[/b]

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Traditional Vs White Wedding, Does It Matter Which Comes First? (advise) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2014
Times are changing and people must change to survive. However, the hungry extended family members will not want to change.
Usually the Trado is first, then the white wedding. But the idea your friend has is not bad since he want to save on costs. The extended family will not agree because they don't want their opportunities for freebies to be reduced.
Your friend has to agree with his fiancé's parents and do what he can afford.
Re: Traditional Vs White Wedding, Does It Matter Which Comes First? (advise) by stinggy(m): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
If you are from SW then you would have seen many of this.
Traditional in the morning: 7 - 9
White : 10/11 - 1/2

First, it saves cost. Again, when both families don't stay in the same town, it is very advisable both event hold on the same day.

Bonus: If your friend is to choose one, tell him to go for Traditional only. White wedding is too overrated undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Couple Who Were Forced To Live In An Airport After Life Fell Apart. / A Letter To Nigerian Parents On Over-parenting / The 4 Worst Things To Say To A Friend Who's Suffering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.