Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx (15856 Views)

Changing My Torn Car Leather Seat / Torn Between A 2004/05 Toyota Sienna And Honda Odyssey-advice Pls / Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2015
kokaneprodigy:

Dude we are in the present. I could have tolerated a comparison with RX, to think u actually compared MDX with a Highlander was way out of line. That was what got me posting else I could have looked the other way.

Reliability and build quality wise, Highlander thrumps the MDX.
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by cretin: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
4runner....rugged reliable
mdx : effizy n gadgets...hate the shape
honda pilot...: boring shape, balnd, lukewarm...wudnt be found dead in one..

but at the end its personal preference...i dislike the shape of the 06 downwards mdx...07 upwards mdx is sexy......
dislike the shape of honda piloit 08 downwards.......09 upwards is nice...can be found dead in it ...lol grin
03 upwards runner is rugged and cool........anytime anyday...especially if modded

2 Likes

Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by sultaan(m): 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
bravolad:

Some arguments are unimaginable. You use the first generation of Toyota Sienna yet you condemn the product. Try what you do with your Sienna with a VW, come back and tell us your experience.

I think we need to be real and understand issues in perspective. Those Toyota models being discussed here may not be exquisite in design but are solidly rugged & reliable. There's also a difference between aesthetics & reliability. This discussion is about the later. Most dudes here show overt hatred for Toyota and offer advise based strictly on the personal preferences. Their yardstick for comparison is faulty. All over the world, it is not debatable that Toyota is a reliable brand. They may not necessarily present the best aesthetic designs but you can't beat the reliability of their cars.

An average Nigerian user rooted in ignorance about car maintenance can keep a Toyota brand running for several years with all kinds of abuse & lack of care which other brands cannot survive. I think this is the crux of this discussion and not personal prejudice @ preference.

My first car was a Honda product but I switched to Toyota due to constant visit to mechanics while using the Honda. In the last 8 years, I have had peace of mind using my Toyota cars. I have friends and neighbours who use other brands, our stories and experiences are not the same. A neighbour of my mine has a Cadillac SRT 2011 model, the boot of that SUV has been faulty and no mechanic has been able to fix it. She cannot open the boot. We have tried so many workshops yet, no hope.

Reliability and technical know how are a major consideration when purchasing a car.

Chrysler makes the SRT brand

Cadillac make SRX suv a good looking one if I may add.

Lift gate might have water in the module see if it can be dried out check fuses too and you can open it manually through the inside and check its operation Mechanic in Nigeria are not used to the modern cars everything now is electronic
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by sultaan(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
The battle btw 4runner,MDX,Pilot can be resolved by looking at the sales number for the last 10 years through wikipedia
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by Nobody: 12:16am On Jun 08, 2015
sultaan:
The battle btw 4runner,MDX,Pilot can be resolved by looking at the sales number for the last 10 years through wikipedia
4runne sales
Looking at Wiki, Pilot as the most sales. followed by the 4runner then the MDX.
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by bravolad(m): 6:25am On Jun 08, 2015
sultaan:

Chrysler makes the SRT brand

Cadillac make SRX suv a good looking one if I may add.

Lift gate might have water in the module see if it can be dried out check fuses too and you can open it manually through the inside and check its operation Mechanic in Nigeria are not used to the modern cars everything now is electronic

You are correct, SRX it is; my mistake. A washing liquid spilled in the lift gate requiring that all modules including the pump was replaced yet there's no visible remedies. It also requires programming to sync but no garage seem to be upto date Cadillac software.
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by earthrealm(m): 6:38am On Jun 08, 2015
sultaan:

US sales figure isnt applicable to nigeria, i still think there are more 4runners on the nigerian rd than mdx/pilot
the 4runner is a 4 x 4 truck with auxillary, while the mdx/pilot are cars on suv frame..so the 4runner is on a different level entirely..
you shud compare the mdx/pilot with rav4/highlander..these are car on suv frame...though in terms of luxury...rav4/highlander is still not in the same league as mdx.

a more balanced comparism would be to compare mdx with lexus rx series

1 Like

Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by FlyboyZee: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2015
earthrealm:

you shud compare the mdx/pilot with rav4/highlander..these are car on suv frame...though in terms of luxury...rav4/highlander is still not in the same league as mdx.

a more balanced comparism would be to compare mdx with lexus rx series
Obviously, you know nothing about cars. How can you be comparing a Pilot to a RAV4? What would you compare the CRV to? This is an online forum and people from all over the world would be reading and be like " Ah ah! Kilode? these Nigerians sef, do they even know anything at all?"
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by pacino26(m): 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
domack99:

Bros how far with your ride

Cool bro, still looking like a prince.
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by mishooo(m): 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2015
MDX is a luxury brand and not in the same league with the other 2.
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by Ximenes45(m): 9:58pm On May 08, 2018
chucky234:
hahaha Pilot is considered a better mid-size SUV than 4runner yet the Pilot is just a poor version of the MDX which explain why the MDX is a better SUV than the 4runner.
MDX offer better driving,fuel economy and lot more gadgets than the bland 4runner whose only advantage is ground clearance and better offroad capability (thats if op intend driving the car in swampy forest.

Can I Pm you,based on the MDX performance? or can you send a 'Hello' to 08109914080 on WhatsApp
Re: Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx by Ximenes45(m): 11:41am On May 09, 2018
FlyboyZee:

Obviously, you know nothing about cars. How can you be comparing a Pilot to a RAV4? What would you compare the CRV to? This is an online forum and people from all over the world would be reading and be like " Ah ah! Kilode? these Nigerians sef, do they even know anything at all?"

Can I Pm you,based on the MDX performance? or can you send a 'Hello' to 08109914080 on WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch A Robot's Attempt To Beat 7 Time MotoGP Champion's Lap Time Record / Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban On Women Driving / Is Ford Escape A Good Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.