Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,546 members, 7,809,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

This Begging Business! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Begging Business! (18006 Views)

This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) / Allen Iverson, Former NBA Wealthy Star, Now A Pauper Begging For $1 On The Stree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Begging Business! by coolvitus(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Man must chop
Re: This Begging Business! by danielgod(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
A guy meets me after I came out from a bank. He begs for money to buy inhaler because he said he was ashmatic. I did'nt believe his story so I left him there.
The guy has unknowingly met me for the same inhaler problem about 3 times.
Maybe he wants to use inhaler money to build a house

5 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by chibyksveejay(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Nice
Re: This Begging Business! by wedemboiz(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
k
Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
Those who really need help, do not have the courage to go to high-ways. Visit slumps, and give them your tithes and not to pastors and Imams. Who ever has courage to beg in highway, is a professional beggar making a living out of people's empathy.

3 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by onihaxy: 2:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hmmm
Re: This Begging Business! by dein77(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
kirikiristars:

It's so bad, some people especially women disguise as orphanage workers to beg money and at the end of the day, the money won't get to the orphanage.

Are you serious? Is it that bad?

2 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by tuffgongjo(m): 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
This reminds me of a man called "dodo",he visited my class from year one till year 3 every blessed day til we said he should not come ever again.
Btw I don't give my dough to 'em.
Re: This Begging Business! by j4sure(m): 2:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
If you in &around lagos dont miss this training

1 Like

Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
Had many experiences with them.
Most recently yesterday evening around 7pm.. One dude like that met me and claimed he was asthmatic then he codedly begged me for money to buy ventolin inhaler. I just shook my head and walked away. The guy is a professional scam artiste i was so tired that evening if not i woulda taken my time to expose

1 Like

Re: This Begging Business! by coldgate(f): 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
What about those who approach passengers on buses with phony medical bills and reports? I have ceased to pay them any attention.
Re: This Begging Business! by Lordseyad(m): 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Andyblaze:
This land z nt4 sale
I ain't buying b4... small land, no be 1/2 plot?
Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
danielgod:
A guy meets me after I came out from a bank. He begs for money to buy inhaler because he said he was ashmatic. I did'nt believe his story so I left him there.
The guy has unknowingly met me for the same inhaler problem about 3 times.
Maybe he wants to use inhaler money to build a house
d'you stay in calabar?
Re: This Begging Business! by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
there is one Guy at Ikeja under bridge ..young guy o...he baff up wella...he will just walk up to you and say "i like your outfit,are you a student or an artist"....then he will start telling you story of how he was going to ojota and his atm card messed up and shii like that...that he needs just 200 naira....first time i chop hin story wella cos when i looked at him from head to toe,he wasnt looking hungry so i gave him 200.... 2 days ago ,this same mumu came to meet me again with the same line...i was just looking at him..when he finished his story i said "guy,dem swear for you ni,na everyday you dey go ojota and na everyday your atm dey mess up?"..he just waka commot sharp sharp!!.....lol.....nothing wey we no go see for this life

6 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by danielgod(m): 2:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
Some are always begging for transport fare. 'Abeg I dey go Trans Amadi, my money just loss for bus. Give me anything wei God put for your heart because God go bless you well'.
Re: This Begging Business! by darlenese(f): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
tebirim:
Hmmm
If you have kwanu you give them. Abi do people who beg have money and still beg? Will you die if you give them 100 or 200 naira which is even not enough to continue these life? Give them biko...we have no reason whatsoever no to give to them.... Our concern should n't be if it is a business or not but that they asked and we did give.
THANK YOU.

*suspicious*

4 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by danielgod(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
jossi994:
d'you stay in calabar?
No, Port Harcourt
Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
No be watin i use pay your school fees? cheesy
darlenese:

*suspicious*
Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:
Some Nigerian beggars resort to fear mongering and threats. Once, one entered our bus, told us a story of how he used to be an armed robber but Jesus saved him and he repented. Then he asked for money. When people were reluctant to give him money, he said that if he were still an armed robber and carrying a gun, all of us would be giving him thousands but now that he is asking gently no one wants to give. He said it in a very menacing tone and people started giving him money.
Another time, I was at a motor park and one came and told me that he is a local dibia and that he has just seen the evil thsat my enemies have planned for me in the village. He said I should give him 5000 naira there and then so he can buy things to undo the village juju. He said if I didn't undo the juju, very bad things will happen to me that month.
I have met the second one and my reply was, they had already happened and I went further to tell him, I lost my job, my landlady has evicted me, that I just left the hospital yesterday and as I speak to him now I do not have money to eat, he should assist me with hundred naira. He murmured, bad market.

9 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
danielgod:
No, Port Harcourt
the same ish here o.. It sounded exactly the same as what happened to me yesterday
Re: This Begging Business! by Whizzdom(m): 2:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Leaving the begging to the beggars.
Re: This Begging Business! by Fabulousmark(m): 2:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
I know of a beggar who owns a bus that's on hire purchase. I stopped giving them money a long time ago.
There is this nasty observation i made. I went to repair my phone and opposite the stand is a beggar pretending to be blind...Whenever unsuspecting customers approach him he closes his eyes and begs,wen they passed he opens them. After observing this i passed his way and he begged me i paused and pretended to be searching my whole pockets for a little denomination meanwhile he was busy pouring blessings on me, after few seconds i dropped a piece of paper in his offering box and left o boy come see curses in hausa. i laff sotee i go jam truckpusher.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Begging Business! by Whizzdom(m): 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
Smartiegurl:
exactly....

But they shouldn't fend for themselves in a thieving manner now
Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
Begging Business Is Bad...

Stingy Folks be like... True Statement!

Seriously, The Op talking is a lady...
Let's not take it too far..

The way and schematic LADIES employ to BEG nko... What's the difference between you girls and them

You meet a lady today and three days after, she starts PLAYING all nice and caring... only to ask you for a favour!!!

Op, go rest! Not- a - few girls today are modernized beggars... No difference!

Besides, the POOR will not cease from the land...Even if they disguise themselves under the canopy of God's work...

IT IS NOT TO COMPLAIN... they didn't hold you at gunpoint to give them... except those BOROROs (fake oyibo girls) whom I give when I have...If you have, give! If you don't, don't!

They need your help and mine too!

In MJs voice, "The World is a place when you give to those that don't deserve it"

2 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by Kyase(m): 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
artisticallyart:
I have met the second one and my reply was, they had already happened and I went further to tell him, I lost my job, my landlady has evicted me, that I just left the hospital yesterday and as I speak to him now I do not have money to eat, he should assist me with hundred naira. He murmured, bad market.

Ahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhhahakekekekekekkehohohohohoohouueheheeieieehei
Omen u no try ooh

1 Like

Re: This Begging Business! by Wisdytech(m): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
Pastors work + Church is now a full time business especially in Nigeria now!
Re: This Begging Business! by fabela(f): 2:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
tebirim:
Hmmm
If you have kwanu you give them. Abi do people who beg have money and still beg? Will you die if you give them 100 or 200 naira which is even not enough to continue these life? Give them biko...we have no reason whatsoever no to give to them.... Our concern should n't be if it is a business or not but that they asked and we did give.
THANK YOU.
U sound like a begga...no offense pls

4 Likes

Re: This Begging Business! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2014
People like you never get married or end up marrying a begger.... No offense pls cheesy
fabela:

U sound like a begga...no offense pls
Re: This Begging Business! by osifred(m): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
tebirim:
Hmmm
THANK YOU.

I understand you. Nobody will beg if they are comfortable. For me the problem is not that they begging but the medium through which they beg using religion to put fear in you or outright lying is an insult on our intelligence.

1 Like

Re: This Begging Business! by realnas(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
As u take wowo reach lik this my sisterr n another work I go suggest 4 u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lawrence Anini And Osunbor: Anyone? / Who Is This Mc Oluomo In Nigeria / Very Short Funny Comedy By A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.