Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

My Wife: Love And Crutches! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife: Love And Crutches! (2656 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / 5 Ways To Make Your Wife Love You Again / 5 Ways To Make Your Wife Love You Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife: Love And Crutches! by dein77(m): 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2014
Today, we are happily married, and blessed with two beautiful kids. But the journey was a daring one at the beginning.

I had gone to study in her school's library. My company had sent me there for a 6-month intensive professional program. We were allowed to use the institution's library.

On this beautiful day, while in the library, I saw her. She was on two crutches! I approached her; we exchanged pleasantries, and became friends. She was involved in a serious accident. She had a broken bone in one of her legs. The accident occurred about 7 months before we met.

I encouraged and uplifted her. She became a prayer point. She is indeed really beautiful. This was a trying time, and by an act of Providence I became a shoulder she could lie on. A few weeks later, we arranged for a surgery, and had a metal inserted in the leg. The metal was removed more than 3 years after our marriage.

By this time, we have become very close. She met most of the physical and character traits I desire in a wife. We always met and discussed. We were in some kind of an unclear relationship. Her suitors, due to accident, had fled. I was more than happy to step in at this time.

I left that state after I finished my course and moved back to PH. She was always in my mind. My this time, I had developed strong feelings for her. I had concluded I was going to propose to her. I was ready to do so with her moving with crutches. The communications increased. Visafone was very cheap back then! The more the communication, the stronger the feelings.

I went back after 8 months and proposed marriage to her. She accepted immediately! That was a great day for me. Later, shes started walking without the crutches, though she was leaping. A few months later, we got married, and it's being a great home.

Today, the crutches are no more. A little sacrifice has paid off. Probably, the crutches were there to hinder me but I wasn't deterred. Love always conquers all hurdles.

We shouldn't give up on love due to challenges. Love wins at last.

This is my super story!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by SUV(f): 10:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
So touching...I agree wit u. love conquers even impossible cases.

Thanks for uplifting a woman!
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Kanwulia: 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2014
Wey PART 2 abeg na? kiss
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 12, 2014
Kanwulia:
Wey PART 2 abeg na? kiss

grin
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by okirewaju(f): 5:14am On Nov 12, 2014
Nice!!! Looking beyond her physical state at that beginning is a beautiful thing.

1 Like

Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2014
Awwwww....... I feel like cryn...

1 Like

Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by dein77(m): 9:52am On Nov 12, 2014
A lot of my family members were worried about my choice, but they later supported me, and that made it easier for us to get married.
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Tannie(f): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2014
Awww so sweet.

God bless your home

1 Like

Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by dein77(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2014
Tannie:
Awww so sweet.

God bless your home

Amen....

1 Like

Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by MizEmpress(f): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
Lovely..your story is just wonderful and inspiring. I wish you both all the best life has got to offer :-)
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Nutase: 1:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
cry
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
Tannie:
Awww so sweet.

God bless your home
.....I dunno what but something tells me we can write a better love story... kiss kiss
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Tannie(f): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
.....I dunno what but something tells me we can write a better love story... kiss kiss

Sorry bro, this babe is taken

Try another person and goodluck with that tongue
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2014
Tannie:

Sorry bro, this babe is taken
Try another person and goodluck with that tongue
....Does it look like I care....I just wanna follow you home cos my dad told me to always follow my dreams..... kiss kiss grin grin
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Tannie(f): 1:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
....Does it look like I care....I just wanna follow you home cos my dad told me to always follow my dreams..... kiss kiss grin grin

Alright keep dreaming, hope you wake up soon
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by dein77(m): 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:

Very funny.
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Tannie:

Alright keep dreaming, hope you wake up soon
......I'll put a tear drop in the ocean....when you find it is when I'll wake up... grin grin
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Blueeyedboi(m): 1:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
dein77:

Very funny.
.......Sorry bro....didn't mean to knock your hustle....just searching for my own true love...hope no problems with that.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by dein77(m): 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
.......Sorry bro....didn't mean to knock your hustle....just searching for my own true love...hope no problems with that.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Not at all. It's your comments that make this thread lively. Your true love could be closer to you than you imagine....
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Hmmmm, love oh love . Isn't it wonderful to feel love for someone who loves you back? Imagine the sadness it breeds when you are doing all the loving and the other party is just passing you by.

Well, a beautiful heart is always opened for the ONE who sees all the possibilities. You saw it OP, congratz!
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by dein77(m): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
moreeni:
Hmmmm, love oh love . Isn't it wonderful to feel love for someone who loves you back? Imagine the sadness it breeds when you are doing all the loving and the other party is just passing you by.

Well, a beautiful heart is always opened for the ONE who sees all the possibilities. You saw it OP, congratz!

Yeah. I was actually there to help her through that challenging phase of life. But somehow, it ended the way it did. It's just too rewarding when you know you're responsible for the welfare and happiness of another.

Life's about making the life of someone else colourful.
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by faithego(f): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Beautiful love story,now u have wat u need.Godbless u op.Mayb God used dat clutches to kip her for u
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Blueeyedboi(m): 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2014
moreeni:
......Do you have a beautiful heart??....if YES then believe me when I say if you hold eight roses in front of a mirror, you'll see nine of the most beautiful things in the world.... kiss
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Blueeyedboi:
......Do you have a beautiful heart??....if YES then believe me when I say if you hold eight roses in front of a mirror, you'll see nine of the most beautiful things in the world.... kiss

cheesy cheesy cheesy I really need all the nine most beautiful things in the world now.
Re: My Wife: Love And Crutches! by Blueeyedboi(m): 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
moreeni:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I really need all the nine most beautiful things in the world now.
.....are you for real??wow!!!!!...if I could be anyfin right now I'd love to be your bathwater... cool cheesy

(1) (Reply)

How A Father Could Be Sexually Interested In His Daughter / Husband Scarcity / The Flyer Distributor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.