Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) (20509 Views)

Chopsity School Of Culinary Art And Hospitality Management / How Do I Make Samosa And Springrolls? / Samosa And Springrolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
Here
Note: the skin is a samosa skin that's the reason its small.....that of springroll is bigger.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
More

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 11, 2014
In the plate are puffs,chicken inbatter,springroll,samosa and gizzard.........

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Goodwork¡ But geeze, your environment makes it totally unapertising.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by nautybride: 10:44am On Nov 12, 2014
U used hands for all of these? lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
nautybride:
U used hands for all of these? lipsrsealed
Yep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
BluIvy:
The job was outside my state so I had to use someone elses house

13 Likes

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by lyly911(f): 3:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
my dear you tried; the work no easy at all.....the day i tried it with my bare hands too; mehn! i swore neva to try it again

3 Likes

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:
Here
Note: the skin is a samosa skin that's the reason its small.....that of springroll is bigger.

OP, you are indeed hardworking! Only you made all that
Btw, please can you share the recipe for spring rolls?
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by DRealGeesam(m): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

The job was outside my state so I had to use someone elses house
Ok. Understandable

Great job there bro

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

OP, you are indeed hardworking! Only you made all that
Btw, please can you share the recipe for spring rolls?
Thanks.

I made all the skins 500 pieces.....my three partners did the fillings

Springroll filling recipe:cabbage,carrot,spring onions,onions,ginger,garlic,sugar,salt,dry pepper green pepper,salt maggi,curry.....(Quantity depend on the number of skin you want to fill).sure u fry with veg oil.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
lyly911:
my dear you tried; the work no easy at all.....the day i tried it with my bare hands too; mehn! i swore neva to try it again

Lolz....practice makes perfect.....
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

I made all the skins 500 pieces.....my three partners did the fillings

Springroll filling recipe:cabbage,carrot,spring onions,onions,ginger,garlic,sugar,salt,dry pepper green pepper,salt maggi,curry.....(Quantity depend on the number of skin you want to fill).sure u fry with veg oil.

Many thanks! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by nautybride: 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

Yep
Respect!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by ECSpee(f): 11:30am On Nov 13, 2014
lyly911:
And what is the exact way to make them if not with bare hands? Is there a machine to mould them?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
ECSpee:
And what is the exact way to make them if not with bare hands? Is there a machine to mould them?

Lolz...pple make use of brush....dat was what I started with
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by ECSpee(f): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

Lolz...pple make use of brush....dat was what I started with
brush?? What kind of brush pls, and how's the brush process like? Does the brush mould samosa and springrolls?
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
ECSpee:
brush?? What kind of brush pls, and how's the brush process like? Does the brush mould samosa and springrolls?

Lols....we have pastry brushes in different shapes....but pple make use of the normal paint brust as substitute .....NO the brush doesn't make samosa and springrolls.....you make the skin some pple call it wrapper or papper....by making ur batter.....then u use the brush to apply your batter in a round shape on ur non-stick pan....ofcourse ur non-stick pan is on the stove/gas...after the batter as formed on the pan you remove...
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
Its the skin you now fill with your "filling"and give it the shape u want springroll/samosa.....the way you fill springroll is different from the way you fill samosa and their sauce is different
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by ECSpee(f): 10:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:
Its the skin you now fill with your "filling"and give it the shape u want springroll/samosa.....the way you fill springroll is different from the way you fill samosa and their sauce is different
Alright boss..
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by ApexTitan(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2014
BluIvy:

That kitchen abi garage was something else shocked

5 Likes

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by emilyone(f): 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
@op
What are the procedures for making springroll/samosa skin?

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 20, 2014
emilyone:
@op
What are the procedures for making springroll/samosa skin?

Pour your flower into a bowl/bucket(depending on the quantity u want to make)add sugar and a pinch of salt....pour in your water...your batter should be a little lighter dan dat of puff puff........note:its the same skin(round shape)I use to make my samosa/springroll....it's the sauce and the way I fill dat is different....and mind you if you are going to be using brush your batter should be watery .for brush application:five tin of flour,1 tin of corn flour,sugar,pinch of salt,2eggs (optional).,water.....

1 Like

Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by emilyone(f): 11:21am On Nov 20, 2014
@op
Can you help with recipes for samosa[sub][/sub]
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:
In the plate are puffs,chicken inbatter,springroll,samosa and gizzard.........
Looks fantastic. Good job!
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Yields:

Looks fantastic. Good job!

Thanks
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 21, 2014
emilyone:
@op
Can you help with recipes for samosa[sub][/sub]

Recipe for samosa filling.....sweet corn,minced meat,carrot,ginger,garlic,onion,spring onions,maggi,salt,curry and thyme,green pepper,dry pepper and sugar...NOTE:sweet corn,minced meat ,and carrot are the only essentials others are optional.
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by kelechiMarie(f): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
wats the difference btw samosa and spring rolls
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by emilyone(f): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
shoyemiayodeji:

Recipe for samosa filling.....sweet corn,minced meat,carrot,ginger,garlic,onion,spring onions,maggi,salt,curry and thyme,green pepper,dry pepper and sugar...NOTE:sweet corn,minced meat ,and carrot are the only essentials others are optional.
Thanks. You are a Darling kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
emilyone:

Thanks. You are a Darling kiss kiss kiss
grin
Re: Nairalander's culinary tips for making Springrolls and Samosas (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
kelechiMarie:
wats the difference btw samosa and spring rolls

The difference is the filling(sauce) and the shape.
Filling(sauce):springroll:veggie sauce samosa:meaty sauce
Shape:springroll:sausageroll like shape
Samosa:triangular shape

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Exports Cassava Bread To Tanzania / Ofe Nsala Soup: How To Prepare Delicious Ofe Nsala Soup With Goat Meat / I Sell Dry And Sour Ijebu Garri 7000/bag in lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.