Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal (3126 Views)

Boko Haram Begs Nigeria For Dialogue – CCC / US Begs Nigeria For Help To Contain Ebola / South Sudan Begs Nigeria Police For Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by kmariko: 5:23am On Nov 12, 2014
A delegation of the European Union, EU, to Nigeria on Tuesday appealed to the Federal Government to sign the Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) to enhance the export of Nigerian products to Europe.
The delegation’s Public Affairs Officer, Ugo Sokari-George, made the appeal while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria at the ongoing Lagos International Trade Fair at the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, Lagos.
Mrs. Sokari-George said that signing of the agreement would be of immense benefit to the nation’s economy.
The EPA is a free trade agreement between countries in the EU and developing economies in Africa and Asia.
The aim is to foster mutually beneficial trade cooperation among the member countries.
According to her, developing countries that signed the EPA are enjoying various trade preferences on exports, as offered by the EU.
“Signing the EPA implies that trade restrictions will be relaxed to accommodate export goods from Nigeria.
“As a result, the increased exports will ensure the growth of the real sector and resulting in economic growth,” she said.
Mrs. Sokari-George, however, noted that there was a need for Nigerian entrepreneurs to upgrade the quality of their products to meet international standards.
“We can only explore the openness of the EU market to develop export opportunities for standard and quality products.
“The EU is available at the trade fair to guide entrepreneurs interested in exporting their products to Europe.
“We are here (trade fair) to advise you on how to meet the necessary requirements and documentations that will facilitate exports to Europe,” she said.
The fair which started on Nov. 7 will end on Nov. 16.
(NAN)
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 12, 2014
something dont sound right!

Why would EU be begging us to sign something that would enhance our exports?

I do not trust these people!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by richdiamond: 6:17am On Nov 12, 2014
Booked
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by gramci: 6:18am On Nov 12, 2014
Story for the gods, they want to turn Nigeria to their dump site

11 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by macpetrus(m): 6:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Never!

3 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by RockMaxi: 7:37am On Nov 12, 2014
EU and deception, which hungry man will eat a poisoned food no matter the taste. shocked

3 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by abila122: 7:38am On Nov 12, 2014
EU begging us
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by menix(m): 7:41am On Nov 12, 2014
Sign watin go kill our economy, any official dat agrees to such should b shot.
Jst tell mii watin we want export while in return our mkt wuld b flooded wiv even d only thing wey 9ja dey manufacture which happenz to b Agbo(trad. Medicine)

5 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Bright2(m): 8:21am On Nov 12, 2014
My president is not clueless,he's aware of the consequences! Goodbye.

3 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by donmalcolm21(m): 8:43am On Nov 12, 2014
They want to destroy our emerging manufacturing sector. APC will sign cos they don't have any vision for Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by drnoel: 10:48am On Nov 12, 2014
GenBuhari:
something dont sound right!

Why would EU be begging us to sign something that would enhance our exports?

I do not trust these people!

Don't mind those people. Is that not what Ghana signed and their economy crashed and in still in trouble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by PointB: 10:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Another reason not to sign!

EU are no fools!

7 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iamord(m): 11:12am On Nov 12, 2014
drnoel:

Don't mind those people. Is that not what Ghana signed and their economy crashed and in still in trouble.

Shut up!
If you don't know something or u are not sure ask or find out!!
Ghana is yet to sign it .nor any of the african countries.
I repeat if You don't know something or u are not sure ask or find out!

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Nctrice(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2014
I call this Cooperate PR scam! The lady refused to establish the fact that once that deal is signed, it would mean that goods from EU would start flowing freely into Nigeria... and ask yourself who in Europe would want to buy made in Nigeria products in return? at the end of the day the EU would be the major benefactor of such deal and Nigeria will be on the loosing end.
I bless God I have a Good President at the helm of affairs, a President that knows what's good for my country now!

9 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iterator25: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2014
iamord:

Shut up!
source?
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iamord(m): 11:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Btw this story is not true

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iamord(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2014
iterator25:
source?

Did the other guy provide a source that ghana has already Signed epa agreement?
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by drnoel: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2014
iamord:

Shut up!

Small children always insulting their parents

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iamord(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2014
drnoel:

Small children always insulting their parents
This talk does not come as a surprise. considering its from a toddler

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by drnoel: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
iamord:

This talk does not come as a surprise. considering its from a toddler

U are welcome. Now go and sleep. Child.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iamord(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
drnoel:

U are welcome. Now go and sleep. Child.

Dead man
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by drnoel: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
iamord:

Dead man

Yes dead to the world but alive in Christ.

U on the other hand will make hell. Little boy, go and sleep.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Orunto: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ecowas is having a common currency soon. EU as a group should negotiate any business with Ecowas as a group. Dealing severally with individual countries in Ecowas is not the best, particularly when Nigeria is the centre of Ecowas. It is like divide and rule and that places the divider in a master position.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by iamord(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
drnoel:

Yes dead to the world but alive in Christ.

U on the other hand will make hell. Little boy, go and sleep.

Hehehe! Look who is talking
By their fruits you shall know Them.
You know the bibles stance on judging. So u know your final Destination

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
No way! We all know the implications.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by teemy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Orunto:
Ecowas is having a common currency soon. EU as a group should negotiate any business with Ecowas as a group. Dealing severally with individual countries in Ecowas is not the best, particularly when Nigeria is the centre of Ecowas. It is like divide and rule and that places the divider in a master position.

The deal would have been signed but for nigeria that at the last moment squashed it. So the aim is to woo nigeria at the moment.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by major466(m): 1:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nigeria must not even think of signing that EPA trade pact with EU. It would affect us negatively by slowing down current economic development in the future.
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by drnoel: 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
iamord:

Hehehe! Look who is talking
By their fruits you shall know Them.
You know the bibles stance on judging. So u know your final Destination

He hehe u really are funny. It was fun talking with u. Bye
Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Princewill1(m): 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
They should go and die! Gej has already tore and thrown that EU-Ecowas trade document into his trash cane.Ghanian president wanted to drag Ecowas into this rubbish,but thanks to Gej who saw the future and quickly rejected the agreement and now they are begging.They want to turn us into their dump site abi,they should pls look elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Aspireahead(m): 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
what will Nigeria be exporting exactly?

3 Likes

Re: EU Begs Nigeria To Sign Trade Deal by Princewill1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nctrice:
I call this Cooperate PR scam! The lady refused to establish the fact that once that deal is signed, it would mean that goods from EU would start flowing freely into Nigeria... and ask yourself who in Europe would want to buy made in Nigeria products in return? at the end of the day the EU would be the major benefactor of such deal and Nigeria will be on the loosing end.
I bless God I have a Good President at the helm of affairs, a President that knows what's good for my country now!
U are right! Those Janja•weeds are still shouting 'clueless man' but majority of Nigerians know the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Tinubu’s Camp Backs Akume, Amaechi, Others Push For Saraki / Let Us Give Update On Status Of Ongoing Work On Lagos Ibadan Expressway / How "Lovely" Onitsha Enugu Federal Highway Has Become(videos And Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.