Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:59 PM

How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? (1735 Views)

Best Browser To Use! / Which Phone Browser Do You Use Most? / Can't Post Comments/replies In Nairaland Via My Phone Browser. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 12, 2014
It's a very long story but the summary of it all is that I have this Nokia-lumia... I use it only to answer calls, but it was always draining my airtime. I decided to put off the data services.
__ I put it on sometimes, when the need arises to use it. The problem now is after putting it off about 2months ago, I noticed that whenever I put it on again...and try to access the internet, it keeps telling me you may have lost your mobile data connection

I have called customer care and I am tired. I don't know what to do again.

__ Any suggestion(s) is highly welcome...PLEASE. cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2014
How did I ff this post
Anyway cheesy
Enable the mobile data connection on your
phone. Go to Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular)
and switch Data connection to On.
Check that your data roaming is activated
when you are not in your home network. Go to
Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular) and select data
roaming options.
Make sure you have sub/Megabits
On your phone , try searching
online to find the Internet APN settings for your
mobile operator. or crea another APN
This would work
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 12, 2014
Cc : valmunich - you're always sharing IMEI,what's wrong with my phone? cry
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 12, 2014
Just don't leave that spot u r now...

Look around and u will see it.

Hav u?

Lift ur pillow and check beneath.
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Crocz(m): 8:12am On Nov 12, 2014
This is why I decided to be expert in many aspects "a damsel in distress"...so what do I get if I tell you?
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by parrotibaba(m): 8:24am On Nov 12, 2014
erm @op which network r u using?
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 12, 2014
parrotibaba:
erm @op which network r u using?

MTN cry

@evil999, I have done all that, maybe I will just take it back to where I bought it

@crocz, tell me first.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by parrotibaba(m): 8:40am On Nov 12, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

MTN cry

@evil999, I have done all that, maybe I will just take it back to where I bought it

@crocz, tell me first.
check if ur APN(access point name) is like this; web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2014
parrotibaba:
check if ur APN(access point name) is like this; web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

it is.... cry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Crocz(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

MTN cry

@crocz, tell me first.

The problem is common to most Nokia Lumia if not all

Restore factory settings and restart the phone

Lemme know the outcome
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by parrotibaba(m): 9:23am On Nov 12, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

it is.... cry
how u tried browsing with another phone ,with d sim card?
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Dominionng(m): 9:25am On Nov 12, 2014
Find your way to Nokia care OP to be sure the ish is not from the gadget. I had a similar challenge a while ago and it was fixed for me there.
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by valmunich(m): 10:50am On Nov 12, 2014
Sorry, I don't know much of Nokia devices sad
Buh I think you should do this @kachisbarbie

Crocz:

The problem is common to most Nokia Lumia if not all

Restore factory settings and restart the phone

Lemme know the outcome
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
parrotibaba:
how u tried browsing with another phone ,with d sim card?

The other phone I have is a bb, you know that one requires its own setting up too- so it didn't work. I guess I would have to call them @MTN again, I will shouuut on them

Aii...thanks @Crocz kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Crocz(m): 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

The other phone I have is a bb, you know that one requires its own setting up too- so it didn't work. I guess I would have to call them @MTN again, I will shouuut on them

Aii...thanks @Crocz kiss

You welcome
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks guys...
I have been able to fix it following your various sugggestions kiss kiss
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by parrotibaba(m): 7:36am On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Thanks guys...
I have been able to fix it following your various sugggestions kiss kiss
so it's working now?
Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
parrotibaba:
so it's working now?

Yes it is
Though it is shaky...when I get back to my hood, I will take it to MTN office
...thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Phone's Browser To Function Again? by parrotibaba(m): 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Yes it is
Though it is shaky...when I get back to my hood, I will take it to MTN office
...thanks once again.
no problem

(1) (Reply)

Which Of This Phones Did You Use When You Started Using Phone? / Iphone 7 Concept – Innovative Screen. / Hot!!! How To Make Mtn Unlimited Call With Just 30naira Daily | 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.