Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. (3200 Views)

Copyright Infringement: NCC Files Criminal Charges Against MTN / Some Weird Laws Around The World.... / Laws Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by SeunEatsGARRI: 11:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Seun:

Yes, we listen to all suggestions. There are literally dozens of things we've done in the past few months that were suggested by our users. Of course, if the purpose of your suggestion is just to promote a party or candidate then you shouldn't be surprised if we politely reject it. Tnx.

What about the suggestions made by those advocating for the drastic reduction of the price of GARRI in Nigeria through Nairaland? undecided
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by justi4jesu(f): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
Some people na wa!!!!!!!!

Must we always bring politics into every discussion?

People should try to stick to thread topics and not bring APC or PDP into every matter.

The money sef na the politicians dey chop am, 5 kobo no dey reach some people but them still wan die put inside the matter.
angry angry

1 Like

Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by duwdu: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
neenar:
Ok. Thanks.

Seun once accused APC of hacking the site. As if hacking a site like NL takes just hours. Anyway, I believe it was from his webhost, and not a direct hack.

He did? Hmm.

P34c3
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by SeunEatsGARRI: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
There is a discussion going on TVC about copy right laws and infringement in Nigeria. Nairaland was mentioned though Linda Ikeji Blog is the main topic of discussion.

And Igbo woman supporting an Islamic Party..

Indeed the world is coming to an end cry
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by neenar: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
accused APC of hacking his site? Lolz!
Na so o, my sister. He brought it up in the dialogue thread. grin
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by aljharem(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
omenka:
We know how you operate mr man. Stop trying to feign fairness. Your proclivity is so overt everyone who has been on this site in the last couple of months can smell it.

The most annoying lately is how topics are twisted to reflect the agenda of whoever it is that has the powers to edit the titles on threads that hit the fp. Someone called on the Speaker to step down yesterday, siting this reason and that, before we knew it, the thread was on the fp. A thread with reliable source where an equally influential Nigerian, and a professor of law, said the Speaker has no reason to step down if he doesn't want to was created by NgeneUkwenu. Alas, that thread is still languishing in the dingy politics board!!

As you go about administering this site, be mindful of the future. As it stands, it is pregnant with uncertainties. The chicken might come home to roost when the opposition takes over. Just an advice. Be circumspect Seun.

Is that a threat ?
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by chrisooblog: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
@berem, Omenka i dont get you guys beef with seun. on one hand you say he should look at something regarding copyright to which he asked nicely for you to explain to him. yet you guys turn round to say why should you afterall he wont act on it. haba which one do you want? you cant abrogate and reprobate at the same time. seun has provided a forum for everyone to freely express themselves as a gracious host. it is beholding on us to respect the ground rules. if you dont like it go set up your own forum.

P.S i'm apolitical and pro-good governance before both sets of political parties come with gibberish and propaganda
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by justi4jesu(f): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
chrisooblog:
@berem, Omenka i dont get you guys beef with seun. on one hand you say he should look at something regarding copyright to which he asked nicely for you to explain to him. yet you guys turn round to say why should you afterall he wont act on it. haba which one do you want? you cant abrogate and reprobate at the same time. seun has provided a forum for everyone to freely express themselves as a gracious host. it is beholding on us to respect the ground rules. if you dont like it go set up your own forum.

P.S i'm apolitical and pro-good governance before both sets of political parties come with gibberish and propaganda

If He doesnt reply "Problem"

If he replies "Problem"

Anyway GEJ Till 2019
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by 24in7: 12:43pm On Nov 12, 2014

Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by Ngwakwe: 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
How on earth did you arrive at this conclusion?

Others are of contrary opinion and the problem we have is the attempt by the opposition to assume a parallel government with a combined attention for the ruling party, the Government and its institutions.

This site has an obligation to inform the citizens about the activities of their government, publicise its gains and question the lapses.

It is the duty of Nigerian websites to promote our national glory and celebrate our dignity etc.

We should bear in mind that non of the above is specifically promoting or denigrating any party rather it is our duty to critique the activities of our government, commend, condemn or offer both where applicable.

Then the Secondary part of the political discourse takes the form of promoting parties ideology, strategic course of actions contrary to what other parties hold.

The least involves the promotion of candidates for political position based on antecedents, vision and credibility.

What we have on this board is a replica of the political environment in the country where the Country or a State is hated, criticised, denigrated and opposed for having a politician on a platform different from the one we support until a day he/she comes over to our preferred party.

What we all should bear in mind is that politics of bitterness is counterproductive and backfires when absolute antagonism becomes the norm

2 Likes

Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by vayne(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
Mtcheww.....attention seekers
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2014
To be honest. What you are expecting of Seun is sainthood.
Tell me any news media is truely neutral?

Whilst I do not like that NL is biased towards PDP, I accept it.

Once we accept we can now know how much harder he need to work to get our message across
Mixty:
Seun is hopelessly lost to the PDP propaganda. He is a Nigerian and I don't have any issue with him if he decides to have any party affliations or support any candidate.
But what I find untenable is allowing his personal and apparent prejudice and support for GEJ to influence the administration of Nairaland, particularly the politics section.
Despite the issue I raised yesterday about the unconscionable twisting of FP topics and selective choice of FP topics to favour GEJ / PDP, he did NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING. Instead, he resorted to his tried and failed cliche that he isn't aware and he will looked into it. I once raised this same issue some months back, but Seun quickly deleted thread, as he couldn't face the heat.
I do not hold any mod or super mod responsible. The bucks stops at his desk. Seun is fully and solely responsible for not providing a neutral platform for everyone.
This country shall progress. We shall achieve the change we deserve. Seun can not stop that.

Cc
Jarus
Omenka
Neenar
Barcanista
Obiahelli
Berem
Egift
Demdem
Ibnsultan

All lovers of Nigeria
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
I thought Seun has hidden my thread. Good to know its still trending. cheesy cheesy
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by hayzed2: 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
I thought Seun has hidden my thread. Good to know its still trending. cheesy cheesy

Lolzzzzz smiley That's funny
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by nduchucks: 3:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This site has an obligation to inform the citizens about the activities of their government, publicise its gains and question the lapses.

It is the duty of Nigerian websites to promote our national glory and celebrate our dignity etc.

The statements above is an epitome of the ailment of cluelessness and outright delusions of grandeur which have afflicted both the commander-in-chief and his foot soldiers.

You people don't even understand the dynamics of a private business venture and you need to understand that you are entitled to nada, as far as private businesses and investments go.

No website has any obligation to you and do not have any duty to promote anything, other than those in the best interest of their businesses. Where a business interest aligns with promoting some national glory, then website owners can do so, but not out of some moral or legal obligation.
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by Frankestein08(m): 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Is it just me or all I'm seeing are pained humans on this thread.
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ngwakwe:

This is the true meaning of manipulation.
How on earth did you arrive at this conclusion?

Others are of contrary opinion and the problem we have is the attempt by the opposition to assume a parallel government with a combined attention for the ruling party, the Government and its institutions.

We should bear in mind that non of the above is specifically promoting or denigrating any party rather it is our duty to critique the activities of our government, commend, condemn or offer both where applicable.

Then the Secondary part of the political discourse takes the form of promoting parties ideology, strategic course of actions contrary to what other parties hold.

The least involves the promotion of candidates for political position based on antecedents, vision and credibility.

What we have on this board is a replica of the political environment in the country where the Country or a State is hated, criticised, denigrated and opposed for having a politician on a platform different from the one we support until a day he/she comes over to our preferred party.

What we all should bear in mind is that politics of bitterness is counterproductive and backfires when absolute antagonism becomes the norm
at the bolded statement,has Nairaland and Seun been doing up to expectations?
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by surveyProf(m): 3:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
I wonder o! I only drew his attention to the thread because Nairaland was mentioned.

Seun,if you care to listen to the programme again,please tune to TVC by 11pm and watch the repeat broadcast.

You sound very much like one of the presenters of the program!!!

2 Likes

Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
surveyProf:

You sound very much like one of the presenters of the program!!!
which one of them? grin grin
Re: Seun,Watch TVC Now About Copyright Laws And Infringement. by surveyProf(m): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
which one of them? grin grin

Morayo, Jumoke etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Y’all I Stumbled On Seun Osewa Today / Have You Been Spammed By A Nairalander? / BREAKING NEWS: Monkeypox Attacks Cities In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.