Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,012 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:27 AM

Weird World Of A Webmaster - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Weird World Of A Webmaster (35544 Views)

Need A Webmaster To Partner With My Record Label / How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? / An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
dhtml18:

Quality surpasses quantity. So I have won already, no point in sitting down on you and pouring sand in your mouth, we no dey primary school again
the truth of the matter be told

The complexity of a web design don't matter sometimes the people love you for you

funny enough 9jabaze a wapka site outranks Nairaland in alexa ranking by up to a million margin although the design cant be compared.

2 Likes

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by adewasco2k(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
naijaxplorer:

the truth of the matter be told

The complexity of a web design don't matter sometimes the people love you for you

funny enough 9jabaze a wapka site outranks Nairaland in alexa ranking by up to a million margin although the design cant be compared.

Now you are missing it, what are the parameters you using for comparison?

Page rang?
Page Authority?

Apart from that I am still yet to see any posted site here reach 20% of Nairaland.

Like seriously are you guys kidding?
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 5:42pm On Nov 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

Now you are missing it, what are the parameters you using for comparison?

Page rang?
Page Authority?

Apart from that I am still yet to see any posted site here reach 20% of Nairaland.

Like seriously are you guys kidding?
Ol boi leave that thing
na d complexity of d design people go chop
its only webmasters that'll respect the site for the design
another person doesn't even want to know
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by oluwagream: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Well well. Life's a gamble. But I seriously doubt it. Nairaland.com is a basic site. It won't take me more than 3 weeks to clone. But its not about the site framework, its about the community.
naijaxplorer:

its probability
it might, it might not.
strange things happen u know?
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2014
oluwagream:
Well well. Life's a gamble. But I seriously doubt it. Nairaland.com is a basic site. It won't take me more than 3 weeks to clone. But its not about the site framework, its about the community.
Exactly
but that's where marketing comes in
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by oluwagream: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
MASSIVE marketing. A lot of marketing nairas
naijaxplorer:

Exactly
but that's where marketing comes in
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
oluwagream:
MASSIVE marketing. A lot of marketing nairas
j
lesser naira in comparison to strategy
but the naira wont count in comparison to the reward.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by adewasco2k(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
naijaxplorer:

Ol boi leave that thing
na d complexity of d design people go chop
its only webmasters that'll respect the site for the design
another person doesn't even want to know

I totally disagree with you.

even non webmasters will appreciate "clean", "responsive", "adaptive" and "fast-to-load" websites.

when i see a webmaster trying to make sure a site has too many UI effects i just laugh at the person, cause its obvious the person is a noob.

You dont put up a feature on a site "just because you can" but because it is essential.

1 Like

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
adewasco2k:

I totally disagree with you.

even non webmasters will appreciate "clean", "responsive", "adaptive" and "fast-to-load" websites.

when i see a webmaster trying to make sure a site has too many UI effects i just laugh at the person, cause its obvious the person is a noob.

You dont put up a feature on a site "just because you can" but because it is essential.
Look at nairaland

the design isn't dat complex but people love it
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by adewasco2k(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2014
naijaxplorer:

Look at nairaland

the design isn't dat complex but people love it

thats exactly my point.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by directonpc(m): 4:54am On Nov 15, 2014
Want a ban? Simply type project*naija.com (remove *) on Nairaland! I wonder why sha. That system is really reducing contents that I could share here to help nairalanders
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 15, 2014
Seriously? you meant ehm projectnaija.com deserves to be banned or what?
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 5:31am On Nov 15, 2014
adewasco2k:

thats exactly my point.
if so then we saying the same thing.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by directonpc(m): 5:58am On Nov 15, 2014
dhtml18:
Seriously? you meant ehm projectnaija.com deserves to be banned or what?
don't know why it was banned sha! But I think it's unfair!
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 15, 2014
naijaxplorer:

if so then we saying the same thing.
You never sleep ni? This our battle never end o.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 6:17am On Nov 15, 2014
dhtml18:

You never sleep ni? This our battle never end o.
Y I mp go sleep
this web thing is more like a hobby to me
I went for vigil dats y
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 6:44am On Nov 15, 2014
Na you be baddest guy be that. My laptop sharger don blow. Na you wakpa people blow am o.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2014
^^^ good for u. grin grin
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by dhtml(m): 8:43am On Nov 15, 2014
All you wapka people better start contributing now with immediate effect before I vex for una.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 15, 2014
we send u
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by directonpc(m): 11:39am On Nov 15, 2014
Why all the abuse on wapka boys?
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by dhtml(m): 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
directonpc:
Who and who is abusing wapka people?
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by directonpc(m): 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
dhtml:

Who and who is abusing wapka people?
u and other developers here. Wapka hard pass cpanel/Apache! Some people go just download smf or wp install come d call people wapka boy
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
directonpc:
u and other developers here. Wapka hard pass cpanel/Apache! Some people go just download smf or wp install come d call people wapka boy
very true my brother....you cant build a worldclass website on wapka in 2 days, but you can do it with real web hosts.
I respect Dhtml but i think he may be going to far if he calls all wapka boys wannabees since the main aim of a webmaster is monetization.
I can beat my chest and say some wapka boys earn more thatn these so called gurus.
Take 9jabaze.com for example, it was built with wapka but Nairaland is not earning half of what its earning in a month.
If these self acclaimed gurus continue yabbing wapka guys, i think we also have the right to yab guys that use smf,vBulletin and WP.

*I cant believe Seun didnt come to this thread...suprising*
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by directonpc(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

very true my brother....you cant build a worldclass website on wapka in 2 days, but you can do it with real web hosts.
I respect Dhtml but i think he may be going to far if he calls all wapka boys wannabees since the main aim of a webmaster is monetization.
I can beat my chest and say some wapka boys earn more thatn these so called gurus.
Take 9jabaze.com for example, it was built with wapka but Nairaland is not earning half of what its earning in a month.
If these self acclaimed gurus continue yabbing wapka guys, i think we also have the right to yab guys that use smf,vBulletin and WP.

Well said! I beg person help me beg seun to remove my url from him anti spam system really making life difficult for people that rely on me for contents or referring to the source of a trick/work is now illegal? I am a programmer and if I want to share my work on nl no way for me to link back to the original domain for it!
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Mehn you really said the truth, you also forgot to mention naijawapaz with large traffic and adsense.

Finally seun unbanned me.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelij:
Mehn you really said the truth, you also forgot to mention naijawapaz with large traffic and adsense.

lol...pelij u don come back, na me from facebook that time.
Its true oh...naijawapaz also has a very large fan base and traffic
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by ClintonNzedimma(m): 5:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelij:

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Xphantom(m): 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
directonpc:

We ain't abusing wapka peeps, I started out with wapka, but if one've gat sense, you just can't compare it with php, monetizing a site is cool, but if a bad ass nerd lives in you, you won't find it thrilling doing so on a wapka site. Since I quit wapka, I've tested out almost all the scripts available by softaculous&auto installer , installing&editing them & that thrills! so I've I dealt with the other open source scripts & I can say non can be matched by wapka. If you're in for just the money, that's when you won't find php thrilling.

Those speaking of cloning nairaland, it can easily be achieved with smf, however Silvester Charles a.k.a Silverprince already wrote a purely self-written php script that is a laudable clone of nairaland.

See silver.freezoy.com

I've as usual na also delved into dealing, tweaking with the script.

See buzzng.ml
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by pelij18(m): 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
adewasco2k:

your site might actually be the best wapka site i have ever seen but i dont like the hover effects on links
Lol thanks boss, you're highly welcome.

My site was hacked few hours after my quote, they hacker successfully deleted my web version script, but thank jar i have been able to code something more great and cool.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Meaning Of CAPTCHA & 6 Types Of CAPTCHA / When You Are A Computer Guru And Your Girlfriend Needs Your Assistance / Meet The Nigerian Lady Zuckerberg Mentioned In Live Chat After Visit (PICTURED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.