Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc (5961 Views)

Stop Playing With Fire & Withdraw Troops -- Tompolo Warns Buhari / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi / I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by maimalari: 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Former Niger Delta militant leader, Chief Government Ekpomukpolo alias Tompolo, and other Ijaw youth leaders have warned President Goodluck Jonathan to stay away from the groundbreaking ceremony of the $16 billion export processing zone project scheduled for Friday at Ogidigbenm Warri South West Local Government Area of Delta State.

Ekpomukoplo and his kinsmen issued the warning on Wednesday at Oporoza, his country home, where they addressed a world press conference to express their protest against the naming of the project after Ogidigben, an Itsekiri community.

They threatened to resort to self-help if steps were not taken to rectify the anomalies with the naming of the project.

At the venue of the press conference, angry Ijaw youths, with white head scarves, drove a convoy of speed boats recklessly to show their naval prowess.

Some of the placards they carried read, ‘Gbaramatu may resort to self help.’ ‘EPZ Escravos, Gbaramatu youths says no,’ ‘Inaugurate Gbaramatu Kingdom EPZ Interface Committee,’ ‘we welcome EPZ project but call for fairness,’ ‘Don’t mistake our peaceful disposition to weakness’ and ‘Gbaramatu Kingdom says no to the naming of EPZ after Ogidigben.’

At the press conference, Ekpomukpolo said the Ijaw want President Jonathan to stay off the ceremony until their demands were met.

Chief Godspower Gbenekama, who read the address of Gbaramatu Traditional Council of Chiefs, said they were drawing the attention of the Presidency and the world to the injustice and unfair deal being meted out on the Ijaw people of Gbaramatu Kingdom on the on-going EPZ project.

He called on the Federal Government and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to address their demands to avert another bloody crisis in the area.

He noted that the Ijaw, had through formal means, made their grievances known to the various organs of government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/16b-project-ijaw-youth-leaders-warn-jonathan-to-stay-away/

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by seanet02: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just imagine this nonsense.

11 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by pendy79: 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
The real rulers of Nigeria have spoken. Really funny how the presidency has been brought so low.

If it is not a shekau it will be an asari and now a tompolo.

Anyone openly challenges the CinC now. Even my dogs barks whenever he is shown on TV.

GEJ you need to grow some balls.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by nduchucks: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nonesense & Ingredients! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nigeria !!!! How did you groom so much hatred n rebellion in a jiffy ?

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by chemali: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
See small minds! Quarreling over a name.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by johnmartus(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
Who care do what ever you like
Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
Even an Ijaw man now sees an Itsekiri man as enemy. Why are they called Niger-Deltans then?

Rubbish!!

28 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by warrior01: 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
chemali:
See small minds! Quarreling over a name.

Exactly, the way the South West erupted over the renaming of Unilag to the name of one of their illustrious son whom they once declared to die for.

13 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by PentiumPro(f): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
This is what you get when you elevate miscreants to position of influence.

12 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Collynzo9: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
Jonathan dividing Nigerians along ethnic lines. Even an Ijaw man now sees an Itsekiri man as enemy. Why are they called Niger-Deltans then?

Rubbish!!
When have they ever been friends? There have been communual clashes between Ijaws and Itsekiris long before Jonathan even joined politics.
Infact if we are to judge, I will say he has done well in maintaining peace between the two groups because we haven't seen any serious communual clash in his tenure compared to others.

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by talktimi(m): 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
Jonathan dividing Nigerians along ethnic lines. Even an Ijaw man now sees an Itsekiri man as enemy. Why are they called Niger-Deltans then?

Rubbish!!
did Ijaw and Itshekiri hostilities start today ?

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by ratiken(m): 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
I have never heard of any communal clash between the two ethnic groups. The two groups are closer to each in the niger-delta than any other ethnic group.I know of only Ijaws and Ilajes that have communal clashes.

Since you've not heard, you are not qualified to discuss this topic. Choose another topic to earn your pay for the day. The Ijaw/ Itsekiri tussle is public knowledge.

10 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Collynzo9: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2014

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Energito: 8:31pm On Nov 12, 2014
Nairalanders always a funny place to be since 100DC.
ratiken:

Since you've not heard, you are not qualified to discuss this topic. Choose another topic to earn your pay for the day. The Ijaw/ Itsekiri tussle is public knowledge.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
ratiken:

pls forgive her ignorance since the topic is not about a p chit and tongue lashing gej.

3 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
z
Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Osama10(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
I have never heard of any communal clash between the two ethnic groups. The two groups are closer to each in the niger-delta than any other ethnic group.I know of only Ijaws and Ilajes that have communal clashes.

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Youngzedd(m): 8:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Chai!

Even mosquitoes are barking at my Presido.
I wonder when mosquitoes started barking.

Ekwensu mpa gi.

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
ratiken:

Says who?
Anyway,let's watch and see if Tompolo is issuing an empty threat.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by TrishaP(f): 8:52pm On Nov 12, 2014
Lets just sit, relax and watch. #SoTired
Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by san316(m): 9:06pm On Nov 12, 2014
Okay! It is fine.But they should have demanded for the name to be changed instead of telling the president not to attend. By the way, if they do not respect their son president, how can they ask others to respect him. Nä wa oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by LordMecuzy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
I MISS OLUSEGUN OBASANJO.

14 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by andresia(m): 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:

Wonderful shocked shocked shocked are you this ignorant?

2 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
andresia:

Wonderful shocked shocked shocked are you this ignorant?
Alleluyah!! You commented today? The spirit of the lord is moving in you.

Thank you Jesus! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by papaejima1: 9:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:

Jesus! Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked

What's your real age sister? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Collynzo9: 9:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
LordMecuzy:
I MISS OLUSEGUN OBASANJO.
What exactly do you miss about him?
The Tompolos, Asaris, Boyloafs etc gained prominence under Obasanjo's leadership, he couldn't do shît.
Ijaw/Itsekiri crisis was at its worst under Obasanjo's leadership.
So what did you say you miss again?

6 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
papaejima1:

Jesus! Are you for real? shocked shocked shocked

What's your real age sister? undecided
tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by fitzmayowa: 9:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Only in nigeria will a criminal threaten the president and nothing will happen...they will rather give him monthly salary for criminality...Yeye dey smell

4 Likes

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by armadeo(m): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
pendy79:
The real rulers of Nigeria have spoken. Really funny how the presidency has been brought so low.

If it is not a shekau it will be an asari and now a tompolo.

Anyone openly challenges the CinC now. Even my dogs barks whenever he is shown on TV.

GEJ you need to grow some balls

Dude if you know how the topic of this thread annoyed me, its unbelievable. Some dude in the creeks can open his mouth to say this. Choi!!!! . jona Don suffer. The bolded says it all.
I am not a gej fan but this is annoying. Anyway when u play with a small child he will call you by name instead of uncle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tompolo Warns President Jonathan. Threatens Fg, Nnpc by Mogidi: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
Even an Ijaw man now sees an Itsekiri man as enemy. Why are they called Niger-Deltans then?

Rubbish!!

The hatred didn't start today because the Itsekiri people are Yorubas but in name.
Awolowo promoted the Olu of Itsekiri to the Olu of Warri thereby using them to checkmate the then midwestern state during our fight to break away from the West.
No b today the hatred start.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If This Did Not Christianize Nigeria Why This(pic) / Why Did Police Release Baddo a rapist & murderer **see pictures of his victims* / 2023 Presidency: Beware of Yoruba, Junaid Mohammed warns Igbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.