Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Nigeria's Best Lyrical Musicians. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria's Best Lyrical Musicians. (508 Views)

Port Harcourt Rappers ''lyrical'' &Korkomikor:Ph Guys Please Upload Their Songs / Rap Competition: Lyrical Sniperz and Afro Kingz / Lyrical Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Best Lyrical Musicians. by Olamitisoji(m): 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
Myself and some people were caught up in a discussion today which turned to be interesting. This discussion was all about Nigeria's Music Industry. So, i decided on sharing our views in the discussion with Nairalanders.

We talked about how well Nigeria's Music Industry is growing and its acceptabliity by some people all over the world. There is no doubt back in the days, before i was born, the likes of Fela Anikulapo Kuti, King Sunny Ade were very much accepted, but our discussions were stressed on the Mordern Nigeria's Music Industry. Someone mention the lyrical aspect of Nigeria's music which is what this thread is all about. The person said "Nigeria has got the beat for everyone to dance but our music lack lyrical value". We all agreed the truth might be bitter and we later mentioned a few that have got the lyrics and they are a big future to Nigeria if there music career is handled well and they are Asa, Niyola, Tiwa Savage, Darey Alade, Seyi Shay, and 2face. I was surprised we could only agree on six. So i thought of sharing the discussion on Nairaland cos i know there are a whole lots of Music lover here on NL who will love to share their views and add more musicians we might have not mentioned. We will also like to know why most Nigerian Musicians dont have a better chance with their counterpart in the world of music Globally.

so, share your views below and lets see how true it is with other peoples views.
Re: Nigeria's Best Lyrical Musicians. by mooremedia: 8:54pm On Nov 12, 2014
Asa
Nosa
Frank Edwards
to metion a few.
Re: Nigeria's Best Lyrical Musicians. by Chazzyboy: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
Is 2face

(1) (Reply)

D’banj – Feeling The Ni**a (remix) Ft. Akon / Asa's Album - Bed of Stone which Rocked 2014 / Event Video: Davido In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.