Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses (62644 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Best Nigerian Universities For Studying Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by okon11: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2014
tobechi74:

law in uniabuja is not accredited

Stop Saying what you don't know. LAW is an accredited course in Uni Abj

Synagogue Tragedy: 54 S’African Bodies Ready for Repatriation
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1279-synagogue-tragedy-54-s-african-bodies-ready-for-repatriation
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2014
georjay:

CHEWING GUM DEY UR EYE
\
HE SAID GEOLOGY NOT GEO SCIENCE.....GEO SCIENCE WAS CREATED RECENTLY FINE...BUT GEOLOGY HAS BEEN THERE SINCE
SHINE UR EYES WELL
BEEFING IS NOT GOOD FOR THE HEALTH
What is geoscience, what is geology. Mr I know what am talking about and I can tell you that all geoscience course started not too long. Ok
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ibadanfinest(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2014
I finished from UI. That will not make me less objective. I will give it to UI when it comes to anything under college of medicine. OAU is very much good in LAW and Unilag is ok in bus admin as we don't have bus admin in UI and OAU has only one major management course 'Accounting'. Am not saying other skuls like UNN, ABU are not good but I know close to nothing abt them. I fear for unilag as their current crop of students are not just the best. They take in students who can now pay 400k to do their diploma and I sabi person too much in their admission process. All in all. I would say UI and OAU are at par. Unilag is just over-rated. Regards to all Uniben, UNN and ABU students. As for that guy that commented if poly were to be secondary school, I would ask him to read the title of this thread again.

11 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by yinkeys(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2014
Rubbish, you mention petroleum engineering without including both Uniport & UI

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 13, 2014
primusmaximus:

They have the oldest Petroleum Engineering department in Nigeria I think lol. Infact the only Nigerian university with a Professor in Petroleum Engineering.

http://tech.ui.edu.ng/welcomepet

LMFAO!! The oldest prof thingy, was that a joke?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by JOETYNO: 9:19am On Nov 13, 2014
thankyouJesus:
I must be a lazy person judging by this your write up. No insult taken.

thanks alot Boss for your humble understanding.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by primusmaximus: 9:23am On Nov 13, 2014
tobiflink:

I never said oldest Prof lol
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by boldan: 9:42am On Nov 13, 2014
Mechanical Engineering - UNIPORT is one school I respect. Engineering generally UNIPORT is not bad
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by kskpoundz(m): 9:42am On Nov 13, 2014
Good work
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by nickxtra(m): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2014
Law - where is AAU, Ekpoma?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Talkcentral: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2014
humm
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by adedayourt(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2014
fadjnr:
There is no chemical engineering and computer engineering in FUTA.

Lobatan!!

Op ova to u

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Idrismusty97(m): 9:48am On Nov 13, 2014
LOL! Some people blood pressure go rise o! cheesy After they went to all these so called top schools shebi them go get employed automatically ko?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by muraj1(m): 9:49am On Nov 13, 2014
Nairalanders, sorry for the disappointment.

Anyway, I am organising a free Web design course using Joomla which will be 100% online.

You will be able to monetize the course immediately and earn as much as you wish.

To register, send your name, email and phone number to muraj@murajonline.com.

Remember it is free!!!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 13, 2014
okon11:

exactly some people just love saying what they don't know, textbooks like Nigerian legal system and co are texts every law faculty in Nigeria use and they are written by uniabuja lecturers j.o asein and Anthony Enahoro to mention a few, I studied law in u.i but for uniabuja i'm sure law is accredited
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Idrismusty97(m): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2014
fadjnr:
There is no chemical engineering and computer engineering in FUTA.
It shows this is just a guesswork by the OP. No wonder i didn't see some schools... And the mods rush this trash to frontpage? The OP didn't even state the criteria he used in piling up this list.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by brownlord: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2014
Law category, no AAU? must be kidding me

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by EUI2013: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2014
This thread is totally rubbish. Am sure it was created by somebody from the western part of Nigeria grin > grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2014
tobiflink:

he didn't say oldest prof and also to add to it the only university with the highest number of professors in Nigeria and the only university in nigeria with a 7 point grade system. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by ellguapo: 9:52am On Nov 13, 2014
okon11:

Synagogue Tragedy: 54 S’African Bodies Ready for Repatriation
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1279-synagogue-tragedy-54-s-african-bodies-ready-for-repatriation
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 13, 2014
Representing Accounting Unilorin !

I disagree with the list though because Unilorin should be beneath all the aforementioned courses in the Op !!

Probitas Doctrina : Better By Far !!
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Suresh08: 9:55am On Nov 13, 2014
Op ur head no correct
e be like say u smoke weed this morning.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 13, 2014
What of Uniport, Nigeria's best medical school?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by debque(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2014
so no state uni has itz own best for som courses abi....dis arr all fed universities, shioor..pure sentimentalism
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by YINKS89(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2014
N.B: foe law the list can never be complete without Lasu.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by YINKS89(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
N.B: for law the list can never be complete without Lasu.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by melotreaah(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
thankyouJesus:
[b]DISCLAIMER: This article is not written to degrade or downcast students of other institution that are omitted from the list.
DISCREDIT: I know and accepted that my experience, exposure, research method, e.t.c are going to influence the list, but, I will score the credibility of the list to be 85%.

The selected institutions are based on rigorous trainning, good conducive learning environment, prospects, exposure, competition results, availability of learning equipments/materials/devices, research activities, innovations, marketability, student opportunity, location, recognition, calibre of result being awarded, e.t.c. The names of the schools are arranged in no particular order.

1. Law:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN
-ABU

2. Medicine and Surgery:
-UI
-OAU
-ABU
-UNN
-UNIBEN

3. Mass communication:
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY

4. Political Science:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNN
-ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY

5. Business Administration:
-UNILORIN
-UNILAG
-UNN
-ABU
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

6. Banking and Finance:
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY
-UNN
-UNIBEN

7. Accounting:
-UNIJOS
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UNN
-UNILORIN

8. Pharmacy:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIJOS
-UNIBEN

9. Biochemistry:
-UI
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNN

10. Microbiology:
-OAU
-UNN
-ABU
-UI
-FUTO

11. Nursing:
-UNIJOS
-OAU
-UI

12. Economics:
-OAU
-UI
-UNN

13. Mathematics:
-UI
-OAU
-UNILORIN
-UNAAB
-UNILAG

14. Computer Science:
-COVENANT
-OAU
-UI
-UNN
-UNILAG

15. Petroleum Engineering:
-UNILAG
-FUTO

16. Mechanical Engineering:
-FUTA
-OAU
-UNIBEN
-UNILAG
-ABU

17. Electronic Electrical Enginering:
-OAU
-UI
-UNILAG
-FUTA
-LAUTECH

18. Chemical Engineering:
-OAU
-UNILAG
-UNIBEN

19. Civil Engineering:
-FUTA
-UNILAG
-FUTO
-OAU
-UNN

20. Computer Engineering:
-LAUTECH
-UNILAG
-COVENANT UNIVERSITY

21. Geology:
-UNILAG
-OAU
-UI

22. Physics:
-OAU
-UI
-FUTO

-UNILORIN
Note:
1. The schools are arranged in no particular order.
2. The maximum entries for a course is five [5], thereby preventing some "top" schools from making the list.[/b]
What about ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE courses?

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Sunday17: 10:00am On Nov 13, 2014
Lautech is the only state university that make d list... is it because yahoo boys are many In that sch?
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by Elxandre(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2014
This is really silly.
You must be an authority on issues like this before your can create threads on it.
In fact, I am sure nobody on this thread has visited more than 10 federal universities, yet we keep seeing silly threads.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by TS2(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2014
Another version of this dumb topic/thread.
Re: The Best Nigerian Universities For Some Selected Courses by lovemeohlord(m): 10:02am On Nov 13, 2014
Pls,What is the fate of those of us Studying Architecture and computer engr in OOU Ago-iwoye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

JAMB 2013 + CHANGE OF INSTITUTION FORM SOLD HERE / Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.