Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Trader Kills Customer During Pricing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Trader Kills Customer During Pricing (32426 Views)

Make Money From The FOREX MARKET- Either You Are A Trader Or Not. / Elijah Oyefeso Now A Stock Trader, Earns £30,000 On A Bad Month (pics) / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Sharksblow(m): 3:09am On Nov 13, 2014
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a trader, Mr. Lawrence Ikonne, for allegedly killing a buyer, Isa Yaya, because the deceased haggled over the price of a commodity.

PUNCH Metro learnt that the incident occurred at Ikonne’s residence on Afro Close, Afromedia Estate, Okokomaiko, Lagos.

It was learnt that the victim, 22-year-old Yaya, from northern Nigeria, had gone to Ikonne’s apartment to buy a fairly used air conditioner. Yaya, it was said, usually bought and re-sold condemned iron and electrical materials.

Ikonne reportedly invited the deceased to his house to buy his second-hand air conditioner.

When they got to the house, it was said that the two of them went inside a room to bring out the commodity, and they started haggling over the price.

It was gathered that Yaya insisted on buying the air conditioner below N5, 000- a price which did not go down well with Ikonne.

As the haggling continued, a fight was said to have ensued between the two which turned violent during which Ikonne allegedly hit Yaya with a plank in the belly.

During interrogation, the suspect explained that he had asked Yaya to either pay N5, 000 or assist him to return the commodity to where they brought it from but Yaya had refused. Ikonne added that he felt insulted by this attitude.

He said, “I had not met the young man before. I met him that morning at the Alaba market, and asked him to buy one of my appliances: an air conditioner. He actually looked like a cart pusher. When we got home, we both went in to remove the product, and we brought it outside for negotiation.

“As we continued, he said he would pay less than N5, 000. I replied that he should assist me to return it to where we took it from, but he refused. In the process, we started fighting. He even asked me to pay him for helping me bring it out. I was mad, and I hit his belly with a plank.

“When I realised he had fainted, I tied him with a rope and dragged him into a corner. I also fled the house.”
For More Details Click Here:

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/trader-kills-customer-during-price-negotiation/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by kilokeys(m): 4:37am On Nov 13, 2014
tied a fainted Man? undecided

this story is deeper than what is being told o.

21 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by datguru: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
I'm looking into this

2 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by natureblack(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Just because of "#5000" a nigga is no longer breathing. angry angry angry

#pathetic

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by iceberylin(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
ismokeweed:
Nice one. let him go and find air-condition of less than 5k in hell. I love naija.
undecided

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by justi4jesu(f): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by plainmirror(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
It's awful to imagine that a mere monetary transaction could lead to loss of life no thanks to over-reaction and uncontrollable anger.

R I P

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
yaya could have survived if ikonne had called medics when he fainted, this country is filled with well-dressed but mentally-insane people.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Firefire(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
chai embarassed
Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2014
Violence....

We've been trained to be violent from birth.. too bad.

How did an item of N5, 000 lead to death?

5 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by intergral(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2014
When you are selling you have to be patient with your customer.... It is clear that he is a bloody murderer and should face the court of law simple.......... Sometimes when people go to buy clothes they test it on their body scatter everything in the shop and at the end of the day they wunt buy..... Abeg watin I talk no make sense?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 14, 2014
I sha hope its not Yaya Turay o, lolz but seriously this is disheartening, nothing wey we no go hear for naija...My signature is important abegi.
Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Vicotex(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2014
All in the name of MONEY

1 Like

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by gen2briz(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2014
so sad
Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Janiobi(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2014
Pics or save this news for ur pocket
Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by holatin(m): 9:30am On Nov 14, 2014
This happen when you Ve a bad mouth, imagine a friend priced 8500 bag for 800. I was like what da f.uck. d seller just gave us d look of """ You should Ve been aborted before been born""" shyness catch me.
rip for eruku to ti jele

8 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by pekeyim: 9:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Well somebody is going to spend a lot of time in Prison.

If Him no...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Vicotex(m): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2014
In Nigeria you get owned when your are pricing out of your league

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Vivipop(f): 9:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Well, what can I say?, The Dead tells no story.

1 Like

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Nice one. let him go and find air-condition of less than 5k in hell. I love naija.

1 Like

Strange but true
Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by odepacy: 9:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Nawa o
I'm single, live alone, self employed and looking for a lady i can build a relationship with. If you are a single lady add me on whats app 081-176-318-32. No games or scammers cool cool cool
Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by MissyDivah(f): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2014
Na wa ooo grin

10 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by wunderkiind(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2014
alaba boys which levels ?? But diaris God o

1 Like

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by tolustx(m): 9:32am On Nov 14, 2014
Oro pa esi je. Oro di hmm. Ehn make dem go bury d dead. Ojo ti pe niyen.

1 Like

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by decode55(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2014
5,000 what? Naira?

Good God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Youngzedd(m): 9:33am On Nov 14, 2014
During interrogation, the suspect explained that he had asked Yaya to either pay N5, 000 or assist him to return the commodity to where they brought it from but Yaya had refused. Ikonne added that he felt insulted by this attitude.

Nawa for some dude.

The dude brain is cos 90.

2 Likes

Re: Trader Kills Customer During Pricing by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2014
Its called murder, people. We must pay for our mistakes and learn how to control our flaring emotions. Nairalanders, hope you all are learning from other people's mistakes.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

N8Bn Is Chicken Change To GTBank, Assets In Trillions - Yinka Ogunnubi (Photos) / Things Super-Successful People Do Before 8am / Xenophobic Attacks: MTN Investors Lose N40bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.