Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism (31861 Views)

Mother Of 2 Wears Bum Revealing Outfit In Public (photo) / Feminism: A Joke In Nigeria—for Now! / Adichie’s Feminism: Vacuums And Fallacies By A. Gonzaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by coogar: 1:46am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

You're still here. I am tired of you. You're still arguing your ignorance. The New testament was written in Greek. This is evidence that you haven't studied anything.

that assertion has been debunked many moons ago. you must be new to this topic..... paul wrote in aramaic - his native tongue is aramaic. the fact that you even rely on wikipedia tells me you don't qualify at all to have this discourse with me.

http://nazarenespace.com/m/blogpost?id=2182335%3ABlogPost%3A111511

http://www.v-a.com/bible/hebrews.html

as per the gender ish - are you sure you didn't see a pair of brëasts on jesus christ? since God the father has no gender, it follows God the son shouldn't have a gender too. according to your logic, jesus was neither he nor she. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Zexten(f): 1:51am On Nov 15, 2014
crackhaus:

Actually it's just 14 characters including the spaces.

Regarding the law, how exactly do men get better treatment or women less treatment?

Remember that marriage/civil laws actually favour women in the west.
Are these the kind of laws you want in Nigeria to bring about equality?

Lol! You clearly don't understand marriage and divorce laws in the US and Southern Europe. It puts the "breadwinner" at some disadvantage but only because it assumes the breadwinner could not have made so much money without the support of the other partner. Remind me again, how much does Nigeria demand that an individual from a divorce benefits? even with kids present?

Women get less treatment via institutional marginalization. we can ignore the fact that the UK laws clearly do not allow a woman inherit the throne before her younger brother or that until recently Igbo customs did not allow women inherit property. The more persistent issues are the lack of prosecution of rapists, the systematic marginalization of Northern Nigerian girls (and Pakistani and Afghan girls) from education. The glass ceiling et cetera.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Zexten(f): 1:57am On Nov 15, 2014
coogar:

that assertion has been debunked many moons ago. you must be new to this topic..... paul wrote in aramaic - his native tongue is aramaic. the fact that you even rely on wikipedia tells me you don't qualify at all to have this discourse with me.

http://nazarenespace.com/m/blogpost?id=2182335%3ABlogPost%3A111511

http://www.v-a.com/bible/hebrews.html

as per the gender ish - are you sure you didn't see a pair of brëasts on jesus christ? since God the father has no gender, it follows God the son shouldn't have a gender too. according to your logic, jesus was neither he nor she. grin cheesy
LOOOOOL. So you read it in Aramaic? when the earliest copies we have are in Greek. And every single manuscript or text is based on the Greek. But you read in Aramaic. Evidently, you're citing a minority opinion of scholars but even if this is true, there are NO original aramaic copies that you could have read. Hint: I am calling you a liar.
Per the gender point: you're a poor logic student. Go back to uni and take a class in philosophy. It usually helps in situations like this.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by coogar: 2:08am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

LOOOOOL. So you read it in Aramaic? when the earliest copies we have are in Greek. And every single manuscript or text is based on the Greek. But you read in Aramaic. Evidently, you're citing a minority opinion of scholars but even if this is true, there are NO original aramaic copies that you could have read. Hint: I am calling you a liar.
Per the gender point: you're a poor logic student. Go back to uni and take a class in philosophy. It usually helps in situations like this.

don't make me shred your credibility like a blender this early morning - you are talking nonsense. the truth is - paul never wrote in greek......that's just one of the western antics of brainwashing a media sheep like yourself.

it begs the question - why would we accept, with no actual evidence, that a book written by an aramaic speaker, about an aramaic-speaker, to an audience of jewish, israeli, assyrian and aramean aramaic-speakers, be written in any other language but aramaic?

yet you talk of logic - an attribute you are yet to display here. my neighbours in my teenage years were mostly jewish people......i have been to yom kippur & attended several bar mitvzahs to school you on the topic so shut your mouth.

that was how they told you christopher columbus discovered america as if there weren't people there before him. paul couldn't have written in greek - the people he wrote to couldn't have understood the language - that's just common sense.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Zexten(f): 2:18am On Nov 15, 2014
coogar:

don't make me shred your credibility like a blender this early morning - you are talking nonsense. the truth is - paul never wrote in greek......that's just one of the western antics of brainwashing a media sheep like yourself.

it begs the question - why would we accept, with no actual evidence, that a book written by any aramaic speaker, about an aramaic-speaker, to an audience of jewish, israeli, assyrian and aramean aramaic-speakers, be written in any other language but aramaic?

yet you talk of logic - an attribute you are yet to display here. my neighbours in my teenage years were mostly jewish people......i have been to yom kippur & attended several bar mitvzahs to school you on the topic so shut your mouth.

that was how they told you christopher columbus discovered america as if there weren't people there before him. paul couldn't have written in greek - the people he wrote to couldn't have understood the language - that's just common sense.

Ouch! Paul was learned. Paul lived in the Roman Empire. it is was more likely that he had access to schooling in Greek than any other thing. Whoever he was writing to - of those who read, they most likely learnt Greek first. See, you're the one wasting my morning. I have to teach you the same thing over and over again. Also, it is too early in the morning to be a clown, alright? If he wrote the letter to the church at Ephesus, then they were mostly Gentile greek-speakers.
If you like let your parents be Jews that doesn't stop you from being ignorant. You still are. And stop saying "Jewish" and Israeli as if they aren't synonyms. Also, Yom Kippur isn't a place, it's an observation - a day of holiness. And attending bat mitzvah doesn't stop you from still being wrong. *sigh* I'm already tired of you. I think I will just go back to bed. Sleep is better than ignorance sha.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Oh really?

The sons stay? And the daughters go?

Well, for your information, I am the one in MY family along with an uncle who takes care of our elders THE MOST.

So what does it mean, the daughters go and the sons stay?

And IF the daughter inherits what her mother inherits, why is there a difference made between sons and daughters?
The daughters have to share with mummy but the sons get their own share?

Am beginning t believe peeps are right about ur deficiency@ basic comprehension.

Gunite.

Coogars doing a far beta job showing u up.
Enjoy

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

I did not mean any insult. I was only saying if you think you aren't adaptable. Like if you think you have studied Mechanical Engineering so you can't learn about Chemistry or learn how to draw or play the piano. Limiting yourself, you know! wink

No p.

Peace
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by Talon05: 6:30am On Nov 15, 2014
Shirley07:

Meaning every creatures with shell. Obviously shell has hole in it. That means all hope is not lost for you 'cos tortoise also has a shell but I doubt it would want a retardèd Snail like you. You should know a tortoise has its own standard.
You dont make much sense shirls, you should leave NL and go visit doofus dot com, I swear you'd be a mod there, oafish egghead. Shirls, do you get wet when you see Talon05 in your mention?
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 6:38am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

Ouch! Paul was learned. Paul lived in the Roman Empire. it is was more likely that he had access to schooling in Greek than any other thing. Whoever he was writing to - of those who read, they most likely learnt Greek first. See, you're the one wasting my morning. I have to teach you the same thing over and over again. Also, it is too early in the morning to be a clown, alright? If he wrote the letter to the church at Ephesus, then they were mostly Gentile greek-speakers.
If you like let your parents be Jews that doesn't stop you from being ignorant. You still are. And stop saying "Jewish" and Israeli as if they aren't synonyms. Also, Yom Kippur isn't a place, it's an observation - a day of holiness. And attending bat mitzvah doesn't stop you from still being wrong. *sigh* I'm already tired of you. I think I will just go back to bed. Sleep is better than ignorance sha.

Most of Apostle Paul's letters of d new testament were in Aramaic, d language of d Israelites.
But Paul was a Roman citizen@ a time wen Roman culture was still largely influenced by d Greeks n consequently as a learned one must ve learnt d language as part of his studies, so it isn't farfetched/inconceivable that his letters t d Greek mainland wasn't in Greek?
Have read otherwise tho..point is ,u can Never know.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 6:44am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

Yes, they are. There is a tonne of research to show this. Even in Nigeria, there is research to show that men earn more that women in all jobs except tailoring. Good for the woman not to have experienced it. One single case doesn't negate research,

Men Don't earn more than their female counterparts, not that I know of though.
Would like t see d research.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by dBard: 6:48am On Nov 15, 2014
Shirley07:

To filter out dirt and germs from the body system, that's why our body glow.
That said, the baby won't be his only but ours. Moreover, God knows females are more equiped for that because we've got great inner strength than men.
Anyway, you're the ruminant and should submit to us.

Wow.. shocked shocked
Did I just read that
undecided

**backs out of post slowly **
This is just embarrassing
cry cry cry
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by crackhaus: 8:38am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

Lol! You clearly don't understand marriage and divorce laws in the US and Southern Europe. It puts the "breadwinner" at some disadvantage but only because it assumes the breadwinner could not have made so much money without the support of the other partner. Remind me again, how much does Nigeria demand that an individual from a divorce benefits? even with kids present?
I said marriage/civil laws - this encompasses everything from divorce to child support payments to who gets supervised visits with the children to who pays alimony.

You think you have a clear understanding but talked only about divorce? You must be kidding!

Again I ask, who does marriage/civil laws favour more in the west?
This time be objective and not type off-tangent just for the sake of typing.

Women get less treatment via institutional marginalization. we can ignore the fact that the UK laws clearly do not allow a woman inherit the throne before her younger brother or that until recently Igbo customs did not allow women inherit property. The more persistent issues are the lack of prosecution of rapists, the systematic marginalization of Northern Nigerian girls (and Pakistani and Afghan girls) from education. The glass ceiling et cetera.
Institutional marginalization is more a social/cultural thing than a constitutional one.

- Are rapists not prosecuted in Nigeria? Where exactly do you get your misinformation from?

- Anytime one of you talks about the treatment of northern Nigerian girls and middle-easterners, I just scoff.
You do realize that whatever they do is their culture and what they believe in. And even then, this issue of girls not getting education is more prevalent with the lower class; northern/middle-eastern girls from middle and upper class families go to school and get educated - so where do you get your misinformation from?

That said, what are you internet feminists doing to effect a change in the real world regarding the female low class citizens who suffer this fate in the north or the middle-east?

- Your glass ceiling point is redundant, stop eating up biased claims you read up on the internet...don't you live in the real world?
In your neck of the woods, are there no women reaching/climbing to the top of their corporate fields?
Let's not even go here.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by born2boink(m): 10:35am On Nov 15, 2014
Shirley07:

You berra move along before you're burnt.
putting my prick in your toto is what you referred to as burnt. I only want to have mercy on you so this thing will not rust since no one is servicing it constantly. I have got a lot to service already and some still on queue, I'm only applying "oju ni o n r'oju sãnu to you". If you like,let it rush, if you like bring it over and let me service it, that's your own cup of tea.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by joseph1832(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2014
crackhaus:
Thread number 2 I'm coming across today that's dumping the sh1t on feminism - surely, the light is gradually being seen and acknowledged by the majority.

Evil must not be allowed to hold sway, especially when it comes masked under the cloak of equality.
Men Bleep that equality bullshiit!. From the very day they started giving male and female separate bathrooms and toilets, that's the day equality was flushed down the toilet!.

If these females want equality, we all should start using the same bathroom and toliets. Let's see how they would react to this. Lol.
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by coogar: 11:17am On Nov 15, 2014
Zexten:

Ouch! Paul was learned. Paul lived in the Roman Empire. it is was more likely that he had access to schooling in Greek than any other thing. Whoever he was writing to - of those who read, they most likely learnt Greek first.

it's fair to say you are an idïot!
paul never wrote in greek - the europeans are just feeding you with fluff & you have swallowed fluff all your life. paul's people never accepted paul wrote in greek - the people paul wrote to never learnt greek. the person paul wrote about was not greek.

See, you're the one wasting my morning. I have to teach you the same thing over and over again. Also, it is too early in the morning to be a clown, alright? If he wrote the letter to the church at Ephesus, then they were mostly Gentile greek-speakers.

no, they weren't gentile greek-speakers!
they all spoke aramaic & their native tongue was aramaic. you need to go back & read from the jews themselves what they feel about this myth that paul wrote in greek.

If you like let your parents be Jews that doesn't stop you from being ignorant. You still are. And stop saying "Jewish" and Israeli as if they aren't synonyms. Also, Yom Kippur isn't a place, it's an observation - a day of holiness.

you are a consummate retärd!
who else on this planet doesn't know jews, isrealites & hebrews mean the same thing. i can use any term to describe them - if you are too mentally-rëtarded to follow the pace of the discussion, swallow pills of cod liver oil to boost your retentive memory

yom kippur is a day of atonement and jews normally go to a temple to pray. it's an event, not just a day.....mumu!

And attending bat mitzvah doesn't stop you from still being wrong. *sigh* I'm already tired of you. I think I will just go back to bed. Sleep is better than ignorance sha.

you have the IQ of a pubic louse.
attending bar mitzvah means i have had one v one discussions with people who know better than you do & they have told me that paul's greek letters were lies & it's another conspiracy of the europeans to take someone else's credits as theirs. there's no sane jew living today that believes paul wrote any letter in greek.

yes go to bed - your putrescent body odour is not helping matters at all. you are so poor in spirit, you dream in black & white. God has no gender? what an effing disgrace. if we scratch long enough, you would tell us jesus was a woman......but the apostles that documented his story lied he was a man.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by crackhaus: 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2014
joseph1832:
Men Bleep that equality bullshiit!. From the very day they started giving male and female separate bathrooms and toilets, that's the day equality was flushed down the toilet!.

If these females want equality, we all should start using the same bathroom and toliets. Let's see how they would react to this. Lol.
Lmao...I don't even want to use the same public restrooms as women.

I'm bound to see things in that restroom that may not go down well with me, Lol...
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by kullozone(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
lilmax:
what's the name of your bible?

elbib grin
Re: I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism by lilmax(m): 2:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
kullozone:

elbib grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Esan/ishan Names / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.