Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics (21920 Views)

Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom / Colourful Reed Dance And Cultural Celebration That Promotes Respect For Women / The Reed Dance Is Out Of Date! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by feminancy(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2014
The reed dance in Swaziland.bGirls parade including his daughters for king to choose wife

I traveled to Swaziland during the reed dance ceremony,thousand of girls abandon western dressing and goes 'nude'

Swaziland has tapped into this reed dance annual ceremony. Its a tourism attraction thousands travel in to witness

Reed dance takes place annually between August and September and goes for 8 days straight. This place is HOT then

During the Reed dance these ladies parading for king always armed just in case some pervert attempts

1 Like

Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by binie: 11:55am On Nov 13, 2014
Cant Nigeria borrow this reed culture why must we always go west to borrow everytime?

#bringreedtonigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by Mendo007(m): 12:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
wow
Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by joannes7(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
hmmmm.... guys will have to visit this zone to see things for themselves.... but this is beautiful .. in a natural, non-sexual way...

2 Likes

Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by RandomAfricanAm: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
joannes7:
hmmmm.... guys will have to visit this zone to see things for themselves.... but this is beautiful .. in a natural, non-sexual way...

It's actually when I see stuff like this that I realize how much foreigners screwed up our ideas about men & women by over sexualizing everything. That's one reason I always side eye feminist. Short of virginity African people weren't making some huge deal about sex and how women need to express there bodies & themselves sexually. African people didn't give a damn about a women walking around naked those are imported insecurities surrounding the body.

That's not to say there were no issues but they certainly weren't the same ones European and arab women faced.
Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by wimpey(m): 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
I think these pictures are great . It is important that people preserve some of their culture and the Reed Dances are part of that. It is also true that Western influence has sexualized things that were quite innocent in the past . The West has much to learn fro Africa .
I don't want to criticize the USA but in Europe I don't think people are as uptight about nudity . It is quite common to see women topless on many of the beaches in Southern Europe and no one takes a second glance . I will post two pictures . One of a ladies at a Reed Dance and the other of a woman on a beach in Europe . Both are beautiful and not sexual at all.
feminancy:

The reed dance in Swaziland.bGirls parade including his daughters for king to choose wife

I traveled to Swaziland during the reed dance ceremony,thousand of girls abandon western dressing and goes 'nude'

Swaziland has tapped into this reed dance annual ceremony. Its a tourism attraction thousands travel in to witness

Reed dance takes place annually between August and September and goes for 8 days straight. This place is HOT then

During the Reed dance these ladies parading for king always armed just in case some pervert attempts

Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by RandomAfricanAm: 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
wimpey:
I think these pictures are great . It is important that people preserve some of their culture and the Reed Dances are part of that. It is also true that Western influence has sexualized things that were quite innocent in the past . The West has much to learn fro Africa .
I don't want to criticize the USA but in Europe I don't think people are as uptight about nudity . It is quite common to see women topless on many of the beaches in Southern Europe and no one takes a second glance . I will post two pictures . One of a ladies at a Reed Dance and the other of a woman on a beach in Europe . Both are beautiful and not sexual at all.

^
^
^
This

RandomAfricanAm:
I don't think anything is inherently wrong with "Unclad girls" or na.ked girls/people at all. Nu.dity was/is religious European & Arab insecurities that was imparted on others. I have a problem with trying to market sex in an attempt to sell me something as though it's some kind of common denominator that goes with everything from Breakfast cereal to New cars.

Actually ...I don't have a problem with "Unclad girls" or sex. I have a problem with insulting lots of peoples intelligence by lazily pandering to the idea of ("Unclad girls" or sex) to sell stuff.

It's like Hollywood movies where everything has to have a love interest and a happy ending. It's just lazy, be adventurous and explore the world of ideas!

1 Like

Re: Culture; Unclad Reed Dance In Swaziland Pics by Horus(m): 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti Sacked The Alake Of Egbaland In 1949 / African History And Spirituality / Ahmad Bamalli's Installation As Emir Of Zazzau In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.