Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked (51874 Views)

Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Topgainer: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
Boss13:

GO TO HELL YOU BLOODY GOAT. YOU LIAR. YOU ARE NO MAN OF GOD. YOU ARE A PIG, A LIAR.
Mbanu! Keep your cool Boss13. He has some explanations ongoing
Pls remove the above I will unquote
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2014

Joagbaje:

Pls eat your drug alone. We believe in divine immunity .

WinsomeX
This is the height of arrogance and presumption...

So it is wrong to use drugs now. That woman nearly lost her life and that of her daughter because of your church's falsehood and was saved by those drugs. And now you have the effrontery to ridicule them?

You are a dangerous person that must be avoided.
(Quote) (Report) 9 Likes (Like) (Share)

5 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Weah96: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Prayers offered to a palm tree or toothbrush have as much success as prayers offered to Jesus.

Doesn't matter what the prayer is about.

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by nep2ra(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2014
Joagbaje:
. . .

I could have forged a document if there any intention to deccieve . My confidence was based on the fact that no normal person will come and testify of a stigmatic decease like HIV when even some who got healed of it don't like people to know they had it. . .

In Nigeria, we have abnormal people who would come out and testify of more dreadful diseases worse than HIV IF there is monkey business involved.

This is how poverty and fake piousness has ruined the psyche of most Nigerians.

Just a reminder.

7 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
PastorKun:

Bros take it easy on him na, allow him to explain himself.
He who lives by the sword should be prepared to die by same.
it is unreasonable to give something to someone eho has abused the priviledge of such.

The insulting and demeaning language used by Joe and his cohorts who are slowly coming out of their holes to his defense on previous threads on this matter would indicate that he does not deserve the benefit. Simples.

When tjeir fingers were itching did they realize that a time would come when the very essence of their position would come under severe scrutiny as it os now?

For me the video evidence is damning and there is absolutely nothing to hear.

7 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
plaetton:

I am always shell shocked to see defending the indefensible.
I have hardly seen you defending anything virtuous, anything other the fraud or malfeasance of religious fraudsters.

Dante once said " There is a special place in hell for those who maintain silence in the face of moral malfeasance".

The person being accused is not even putting up as much bulkshyte as you are, in trying to defend him.

Guy, I am also ashamed that you are only too willing to crucify people based on your emotions.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
striktlymi:

If that was the case then he wouldn't have been cooperative during the investigation. He was so cooperative and open that he indirectly helped in showing the falsehood of Jeff's claim.

Pastor Joagbaje is not God to see the deceitful hearts of men. Jeff for whatever reason, as far as I have read, made a claim which happens to be false. Kudos to Joagbaje he did request for medical reports, though he later decided to take Jeff's words for it.

If there is someone to blame here it would have been Jeff not Joagbaje. If it can be established that Pastor Joagbaje committed any act of fraud then he would have been blame-worthy but for now there is no shred of evidence that Pastor Joagbaje committed fraud.

No no no no - This is the ploy, the fake pastor is pushing this to. I shall go and bring up his previous posts.

7 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
nep2ra:

In Nigeria, we have abnormal people who would come out and testify of more dreadful diseases worse than HIV IF there is monkey business involved.

This is how poverty and fake piousness has ruined the psyche of most Nigerians.

Just a reminder.

PLEASE CAN PEOPLE STOP THIS NONSENSE. ARE WE GOING TO BLAME JEFF (ANONYMOUS MAN LOOKING FOR BREAD) OR A PASTOR WHO CLAIMED HE HEALED HIM WITHOUT VERIFICATION AND EVEN BOASTED ABOUT IT.

14 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by SalC: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2014
I want to believe Joeagbaje didn't know the guy was lying. But what I don't understand is why joe could go as far as daring people again and again to go verify a miracle he himself did not verify, why would he ask people to go to an FMC to verify a case he himself did not go to ascertain the accuracy of their medical report, infact a medical report he did not even set his aided or unaided eye on. Why would he stake his hard earned half a million naira on something he isn't sure of?

That's a big mistake on your part Joe, I hope you'll be more careful next time.

9 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Candour(m): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2014
Gombs:

Don't mind them jare... Joagbaje could have esily bribed Jeff... and we would not have been here to start with.

...but he didn't

My friend Gombs, after all you've said about honesty on your thread?? After all you did to put nannymcphee down over a seeming error?? After falsely attacking shdemidemi of being vooks?? After all joagbajes bragging on that thread?? After all the abuse and curses you and others rained on sirJohn?? Would you have been this 'nice' and 'conciliatory' if DrummaBoy or SirJohn were the ones being quizzed here??

So This is all you can say about joagbaje's about turn?? I see you as a gentleman and I think you owe Sir John an apology for starters.

One thing that sticks out with all the developments of recent times particularly the ones emanating from CE is that the satanic godhood theory is being blown to smithereens. The traits being displayed is disappointing enough for a human, never mind a god.

We are all humans after all and are prone to mistakes. This is the lesson from this saga. Its well with us all.

Pastor joagbaje, pls continue.

14 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
flourishG:

Ya parents must be ashamed of spending their hard earned money to send you through school if you're this dumb. And who da heck is Joe that I wish him fall? If he falls he falls by himself not cos any man wants his downfall. U looking for evidence? Dam dude, u didn't want da video or what n still looking for evidence? Dammm!!!

Still ranting when I asked you for only two things?
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by christemmbassey(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2014
Fourcade:

Idiok! cheesy

Ete Abasi mbok o. . .na just small i learn while doing my service there! grin

Sosong grin
i don follow catch u, cbeers, bros!
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by plaetton: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
flourishG:

Ya parents must be ashamed of spending their hard earned money to send you through school if you're this dumb. And who da heck is Joe that I wish him fall? If he falls he falls by himself not cos any man wants his downfall. U looking for evidence? Dam dude, u didn't want da video or what n still looking for evidence? Dammm!!!
I swear this dude is the biggest shock for me in terms of hypocrisy and shamelessness.
Call him the devils advocate , because he would defend and justify any evil or immorality perpetuated by any Evangelical fraudster.

He is still defending his papa T.B clown Joshua from responsibility and culpability in the horrific deaths of 115 people.
First it was the mysterious plane, then it was boko haram, then it was controlled demolition, then it was Obama's death plane, then it was MEND. Who knows what else these low IQ imbeciles would blame.
They are so shameless.

13 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
Joagbaje:

Really. Did you see how the guy looked emanciated and sickly before the prayer. How was that acted? He lost his Fiancee because of his HIV status . Don't be stubborn . Healing is before you. Watch it again with open mind. https://www.dropbox.com/l/zm7qzQm89ZWxuyrDrva8kp

4 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Boss13:

No no no no - This is the ploy, the fake pastor is pushing this to. I shall go and bring up his previous posts.

Now you got me all confused!

Are you accusing him of being a "fake pastor" or you want to accuse him of being fraudulent?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2014
SalC:
I want to believe Joeagbaje didn't know the guy was lying. But what I don't understand is why joe could go as far as daring people again and again to go verify a miracle he himself did not verify, why would he ask people to go to an FMC to verify a case he himself did not go to ascertain the accuracy of their medical report, infact a medical report he did not even set his aided or unaided eye on. Why would he stake his hard earned half a million naira on something he isn't sure of?

Because he staged it and now want to pass the blame on Mr. Jeff.

6 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Weah96: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
Study Concludes Intercessory Prayer Doesn’t Work; Christians Twist the Results

by: Guest Contributor
I was reading an article in Christianity Today and one of the paragraphs made me do a double-take. I couldn’t believe anyone was actually writing it… it was incredible how much fact-twisting was going on.
First, a bit of background.
It’s no surprise that prayer can have a positive effect on those who believe in it. If you pray, it can relax you and make you feel better. If you know others are praying for you — that others care about you — you feel better and your body might actually respond to that positivity. None of this has anything to do with a god answering (or even listening to) the prayers. It functions more like meditation. Prayer can have a calming, healing effect for those who buy into it.

But what happens when others pray for you and you are unaware of it? To no atheist’s surprise, this has never been shown to work.

This idea has been tested repeatedly — usually, the studies have flaws. And even when the results show that the intercessory prayer has no effect on anyone, those who believe in it will look at the hits and ignore (or rationalize) the misses.
Three years ago, a multi-million-dollar, controlled, double-blind study was conducted to test intercessory prayer.

The Study of the Therapeutic Effects of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) found two major results:
1) “Intercessory prayer had no effect on recovery from surgery without complications.”
2) “Patients who knew they were receiving intercessory prayer fared worse.”

Fared worse?!
Even I was surprised by that. So were many Christians — this didn’t sit well with them.

This new article from Christianity Today, though, offers a rationalization I’ve never heard before. You can tell they’re really straining to find a silver lining…

"Ironically, STEP actually supports the Christian worldview. Our prayers are nothing at all like magical incantations. Our God bears no resemblance to a vending machine. The real scandal of the study is not that the prayed-for group did worse, but that the not-prayed-for group received just as much, if not more, of God’s blessings. In other words, God seems to have granted favor without regard to either the quantity or even the quality of the prayers. By instinct, we might selfishly prefer that God give preferential treatment to those who are especially, deliberately, and correctly prayed for, but he seems to act otherwise.
True to his character, God appears inclined to heal and bless as many as possible."

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2009/05/15/study-concludes-intercessory-prayer-doesnt-work-christians-twist-the-results/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
SalC:

You must think we are lunatics here.
When Joe was bragging of healing the fellow in question and abusing everybody else who countered that claim, the Jeff fellow was not deceiving him.
Now that there is evidence contrary to the said claim you come here spinning dead yarns about deceiving.

When Jesus cleansed the 10 lepers snd only one returned, he asked the returnee to show himself to the priest to certify that he indeed was clean. How come "pastor" joe couldnt verify that the said claim of healing but went about shouting down any dissenting voice to the healing claim with the approval of his cohorts?

7 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by flourishG(m): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
Boss13:

MY FRIEND I NOTICED HIM READING THIS THREAD NOT QUITE LONG AGO. WAS HE READING AND DRIVING AT THE SAME TIME?

Or someone who claims to pay 500000 naira can't afford to hire a driver that he has to drive himself. Shittt grin

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
striktlymi:

Now you got me all confused!

Are you accusing him of being a "fake pastor" or you want to accuse him of being fraudulent?

Fraud
[frawd] Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
a particular instance of such deceit or trickery:
mail fraud; election frauds.
any deception, trickery, or humbug:
That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

Are you good with the above?

6 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Candour(m): 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
StarBoard:

it is unreasonable to give something to someone eho has abused the priviledge of such.

The insulting and demeaning language used by Joe and his cohorts who are slowly coming out of their holes to his defense on previous threads on this matter would indicate that he does not deserve the benefit. Simples.

When tjeir fingers were itching did they realize that a time would come when the very essence of their position would come under severe scrutiny as it os now?

@the bolded is testament to SirJohn's maturity, cool, calm and collected nature. I've asked him to tell me how he is able to maintain his patience in the face of the attacks he's received over these issues without returning fire for fire.

I know I would have struggled to remain calm.

5 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by plaetton: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
striktlymi:

Guy, I am also ashamed that you are only too willing to crucify people based on your emotions.
Well, I am glad that I have some emotions. I am proud that I get worked up in the face of fraud and injustice.
I only pity that you don't, and may never have emotions.

So much for your god-centered morality.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=Boss13 post=27985440][/quote]

You have up there is already established. I know he allowed himself to be deceived for whatever reason but this does not show that he was fraudulent.

Would have loved to stick around some more but got to get home.

Will respond later though. wink
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
plaetton:

Well, I am glad that I have some emotions. I am proud that I get worked up in the face of fraud and injustice.
I only pity that you don't, and may never have emotions.

So much for your god-centered morality.

At last we are getting somewhere.

You accuse him of the bold?

What evidence do you have?

Don't tell me to go watch the video...that would mean you know nothing about the investigation that went on.
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2014
StarBoard:

Pastorkun there is nothing to hear from the fraudster Joagbaje and you know it. I don't share table with thieves and criminals. They stink

8 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Boss13: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
striktlymi:

You have up there is already established. I know he allowed himself to be deceived for whatever reason but this does not show that he was fraudulent.

Would have loved to stick around some more but got to get home.

Will respond later though. wink

Laughs. He was not deceived I can tell you that. Jeff is part of his actors, he uses them to deceive his congregation. Now watch that video again and pay attention to the second guy.

7 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by flourishG(m): 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
striktlymi:

Still ranting when I asked you for only two things?
dumb people like u still will never see evidence even where it's already given. Dude, u asking for what's already provided. I can smell bullshit from across da Atlantic.so take da bullshit of yours to elementary school kids n let adults reason this issue

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by flourishG(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Boss13:

Pastorkun there is nothing to hear from the fraudster Joagbaje and you know it. I don't share table with thieves and criminals. They stink
I like a man of truth like u. Say da truth as it is.

2 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Candour:

@the bolded is testament to SirJohn's maturity, cool, calm and collected nature. I've asked him to tell me how he is able to maintain his patience in the face of the attacks he's received over these issues without returning fire for fire.

I know I would have struggled to remain calm.
Sir John chooses to be calm and I commend him.
However Joe has given away whatever goodwill he might have merited by his deneanour and general lack of decorum over the said issue. A little humility on him and his camp's part could have made the situation a bit different.

As I said, there is nothing to defend one's self here. The evidence is highly incriminating and waiting for a defence is simply a waste of time. If
Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Joagbaje:

Can I speak now?
Shakes my head. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by nep2ra(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
striktlymi:

At last we are getting somewhere.

You accuse him of the bold?

What evidence do you have?

Don't tell me to go watch the video...that would mean you know nothing about the investigation that went on.

You know, just because you can string a few sentences together doesn't mean you are smarter or more intelligent.

I think it's time for you to take a seat and drink some Kool Aid while you watch proceedings.

Don't take the restraint and patience of some of us to mean stupidity.

Adjust!

3 Likes

Re: Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked by Fourcade(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
SirJohn why are you silent?

Could you go on with your findings? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

ATM Installed At Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church In Lagos (Photos) / Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards / Church Members Carry Their Pastor On A Chair During Deliverance Session. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.