Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,567 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Whose Church Is The Family Church?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Church Is The Family Church?? (40373 Views)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? / Whose Church Should The Wedding Be Held? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by MrHighSea: 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
Trending in NL dis days: husband, wife, bf n gf talks, or law, which university to attend, I USED TO LEARN BETTER STUFF HEAR .
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Mclick(m): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
If your husband like your church and so decides to adopt it after marriage good for you, if he allow you to continue with your church good as well but if he decides you both you attend his church so be it. It is the best and healthy for you both to follow and believe the same doctrine, that way you can grow together in healthy home building. There may sometimes be some unnecessary conflicts owing to different believe system. That been said, your husband is the head of your home, so you can't marry a man you won't accept his leadership I think. Some women cause unnecessary stress for themselves by trying to force their way in thing such as this. For the sake of peace therefore, which ever church you attend know your God and let the effect of your knowing Him reflect in your home.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Geeblaze4(f): 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
After the wedding is conducted in the bride's church,then she begins to attend the grooms church,but if she doesn't like his church,she can go back to hers now depending on their agreement,or they should kuku find a new church to attend...otan!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by KingTom(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2014
intergral:
How e take affect the price of garri??
Actually when they argue over which church to go to the price of garri reduces, and when they agree on a church the price increases. Foolish boy! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by GoodSamaritan: 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2014
I got born again on April 16, 1986 & have been a member of some
churches at one time or the other, basically because of their proximity
to the places I lived at such different times.

Hence, as a committed & active member of each church I ever joined, I
have seen numerous problems associated with this kind of situation.

I strongly suggest you don't ever in your life try or attempt to marry a
man you don't love in totality. If you must marry him, you must love
him, his family, his friends, his church & everything about him.

I have noticed that those who attend different churches live parallel
lives & break away gradually.

If you want your marriage to last, pls submit in all things, including
attending his church together with him. Or don't marry him at all &
be happy.

Don't get me wrong, some men will follow you to your church if you push
it. Most of such men are not the committed type, so they are usually
indiffernt.

Last Sunday, I had an opportunity to preach at the naming ceremony of one my church members whose husband attends another church. As soon as I began to preach the pastor of the husband arrived and the husband began to insist that I stop preaching so his pastor could take over from there.

I just applied wisdom by telling the people that my message is just an appetizer, that the real message will come up soon, and I introduced the husband's pastor, asking the congregation to give him a standing ovation.

If I wasn't the understanding type, there would have been a big problem. I already noticed that there was a problem when I saw the two of them in different colors of native dress, coming to their seats at different time without any sign of affection to each other. They just sat beside each other like strangers.

Women, please I beg you, attend your husband's church with him. Or don't marry him at all if you don't like his church. Period!

11 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2014
I always hear this saying that, a woman doesn't have a church till she is married.

I think it's all about understanding and ability to compromise. I wouldn't allow this be a problem - that's why there are some denominations I would definitely not associate with their 'males' intimately -let alone talking about marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2014
We are one body in christ , its same God . ..... pls as a man , dont try settle down with a cele woman if you are not ready to be patient. I think thats the hardest church members to convince .... had some real experiences . # no beef pls

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Taiwo20(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
DEPENDS ON THE PRE-NUPTIAL AGREEMENT.
if she like make she be grail msg,ccc,cac,rccg,lfc etc it doesnt matter as long as it doesnt affect the family duties,wifely duties.
As far as am concernd, there are only two religion; bad people religion and good people religion. #My opinion sha.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Tattooboy: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....
wat happened wit freedom of choice?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by GboyegaD(m): 8:45pm On Nov 13, 2014
It is not a straight jacket rule. It depends on the situation and tells the extent to which both parties are able to compromise.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by beau49: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Cutehector4u:
The man is d head of the house..... Finish!!! And d wife must submit....

Guy no be quarrel na,chai!!!you no even let the Op land before you attack.....lmao

Submission does not have to do with going to a husband church or not.

@Op it all depends on the parties involved. Am sure during the cause of the relationship,the lady in question would have directly or indirectly told the guy about her dislike for his church and if the guy feels her reasons are genuine or does not see anything wrong in them going to separate churches then he can allow her go to the church she prefers.

I for one might not be moving to my future hubby's place of worship,that's if I don't marry from mine not because I don't want to be submisive like someone mentioned or may not like his own place of worship but because I believe place of worships it should be the sole decision of that individual. As long as he/she is of age. It is my spiritual life we are talking about and I won't compromise it in anyway just because everybody is doing it and we must do it or because the person wants to flex/exercise control or headship except I see his place of worship would be worth making that sacrifice.

And I have been meaning to ask this question,which verse in the bible supports 'wife moving to the hubby's place of worship after marriage'?

4 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by BreezyRita(f): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2014
ARES:

So now that he has married you, you woke up from your slumber and realized his church is not good..... the same church you gladly follow him to when you come over for weekend? now that you have gotten what you want, it is not good again..... dont worry when your pretence wears off, you will start telling him you wish he was someone else...... schemers
Warris dis one saying?
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
If we believe one God why wont a man attend his wife 's church, for me, as far its not the kind of church service that last from morning till evening I will attend.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
A strong Nairaland member was here
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Eyop: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I always hear this saying that, a woman doesn't have a church till she is married.

I think it's all about understanding and ability to compromise. I wouldn't allow this be a problem - that's why there are some denominations I would definitely not associate with their 'males' intimately -let alone talking about marriage.

@ the bolded is very true but some ladies can be very difficult not to follow the husband to his own church. I remember last year while at winners chapel,a member was testifying to the goodness of God in her life and said that the husband was a pastor in R.C.C.G and before the wedding,she told him that she won't be leaving her own church to Redeem and if he's not ready to proceed with the marital rites,then he should forget about her and the marriage. The husband accepted and they got married.

Sometimes people cause all these problems for themselves because i see no reason why issues like this shouldn't be addressed while in a relationship. But some people will just jump in foolishly and at the end start complaining. As a man,i cannot leave the Catholic faith to another church all in the name of marriage. If she's not ready to join me in my own church and remain there permanently,then no point discussing marriage.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by nikkyshyne(f): 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2014
It is all about agreement. Mutual agreement. My bobo is catholic and I am anglican. We talked about the church we shall attend when we get married and eventually settled for a particular redeem church we both are cool with. That is the church we attend presently.

Wedding will however be at my anglican family church.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by BreezyRita(f): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2014
MrHighSea:
Trending in NL dis days: husband, wife, bf n gf talks, or law, which university to attend, I USED TO LEARN BETTER STUFF HEAR .
You mean 'better stuff here"??
Smh 4 some NLders!
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:

Warris dis one saying?

This your response is bad, telling someone what are you saying, tell this to your husband and see what will happen and you would understand how not to use such word

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by poundlander: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
this thing no hard at all, when a lady marry, whose house does she go? or she remain in her father's house?same is applicable here.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Wisegeek01(m): 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
If two people love themselves so much they should be able to solve this issue of Denomintion* unless d love is partial"
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by gabicon: 9:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

Thats what courtship is meant for, you discuss things like church, number of children you want, home expectations, sex, training process for your kids, and your expectations from each other. Most people play away their courtship and hence they struggle the first year of their marriage to put these things in place. Marriage counseling is not enough couples need to define the modus operandi of their marriage and not live the marriage life of their councillors.
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by 185mikel(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
BreezyRita:
When couples get married, who follows who where??
Does the woman have to attend the husband's church?? Can it ever be the other way round?

The norm is the woman following her husband, but what if you love a man but you're not okay with his denomination??

where ever the head goes, the body must follow. the head has five senses to make better decisions no matter how foolish it might look like. the head has been anointed, empowered by God to protect the rest of the body . the man his the head of the woman. that's the way God made it . but if you want him to follow you to your church then you have to be very diplomatic and give him strong reasons why he should follow you, maybe he will eventually
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by maximunimpact(m): 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
Me nko wey no get church, na my wife church tins abeg

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Wisegeek01(m): 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Yup"
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
na my husband church i dey attend by force by fire#really like the church now

2 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Wisegeek01(m): 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2014
This ur question Get as e be, shouldn't be asked after marriage tho, but rather before*

But incase of incasity na understanding sure pass. .. cool
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by JerryJude(m): 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2014
jnrprof:
Ideally the wife is expected to follow the husband to his church and not the other way around, just as the wife moves into the husband's house and adopts his family name. The exception to this norm is if the husband wasn't committed to any church in particular, and the wife is a full committed member of her own church. The husband must agree freely to adopt the wife's church as his own church, and this must be discussed before the marriage.

u ve said it all
Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Wisegeek01(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
But come to think of it . ..

if one "cele" geh* come go fall in love with one "Jehova witness" guy* na which church dem go gey go* grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1984164/funny-pictures-phone/1#27988042

3 Likes

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by Eyop: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wisegeek01:
But come to think of it . ..

if one "cele" geh* come go fall in love with one "Jehova witness" guy* na which church dem go gey go* grin

This man you funny cheesy... very hard before a Celestial member will leave his own church for another and same with a Jehovah witness member. Combination of the 2 na serious war. So they cannot collaborate at all except in very rare cases which is like 2%. That's why they most times marry from their own church.

1 Like

Re: Whose Church Is The Family Church?? by aumeehn: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
christians wahala too much o!! shey na dsem jesus and jehova dem de worship for any church den everybody shuld go to yhe church dat pleases him/her.....since na dsem god u de worship!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Please Save A Sister's Life.... Story Verified / Ladies Why Do We Keep Deceiving Ourselves? / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.