Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,235 members, 7,807,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) (4466 Views)

How Can I Cook Nigerian Stew Without Frying It / Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Yam Porridge / How To Make Unripe Plantain Porridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by barryzkween(f): 4:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
Unripe plantain porridge is the best for those trying to reduce sugar consumption and it's very healthy for everyone. Some people can't eat unripe plantain cos it's not sugary but Healthwise it is what our bodies need. If prepared with the right ingredients, it is very tasty and if we can eat yam and irish potatoes then eating
unripe plantain shouldn't be a problem.

It can be mashed and served to
babies being introduced to solid foods.

I added vegetables to the ones published before but didn't add to this. This meal, when prpared with goat meat gives a very yummy aroma. Adding scent leavesmakes it best for women who have just given birth as they eat and drink the porridge. A little uziza seeds too can make a great difference and for those who like locust beans, just add a little and enjoy the rich taste with a difference.

Plantain porridge tastes better when cooked till soft and a bit thick. I do not add crayfish to plantain porridge and there is no reason for that. For thos who like their plantain fairly ripe, you may not enjoy the porridge like when you cook with very green unripe plantain. The sizes can be chopped smaller or longer than mind depending on how you like your porridge.

- Read more at: http://www.citinewstv.com/2014/11/how-to-cook-nigerian-unripe-plantain.html#more

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by freshness2020: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2014
Yummy! One of my best!
But with bush or snail meat? Omo na big No for me!

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2014
Nice
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by EfemenaXY: 7:21pm On Nov 13, 2014
I'm sorry to say this but bush meat stinks. To the high heavens. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by Whizzdom(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
OP dey eat bush meat ... am sure by now you will be acting like a bush meat grin grin

Am sowie ... I don't like bush meat ... OP na rat you dey call bush meat .. grin grin grin

Am sowie for your belle and organs grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by kemiola89(f): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
I tried cooking this unripe plantain porridge once, the taste was awful... Ugh!
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by okirewaju(f): 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
kemiola89:
Maybe you did not get it right, you should try it again some other time.

Its a very delicious meal when cooked with crayfish, onion, pepper, oil and ugu!!!
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by Natasha2(f): 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
kemiola89:
Awful ke? You certainly didn't get it right. Its called kekefia in my native languge aka KKF grin wish I could prepare it for you. It is very delicious. Its not different from how you cook beans
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by Abby0007(f): 11:30am On Oct 06, 2015
https://ayinkelounge./2015/10/06/how-to-cook-plantain-porridge/ I tried these steps and it turned out yummy!!!
Re: How To Cook Nigerian Unripe Plantain Porridge With Bushmeat And Fish (photos) by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:
I'm sorry to say this but bush meat stinks. To the high heavens. lipsrsealed embarassed

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Tasty Fiesta / Coca-cola For Wedding / The Best Slimming Tea So Far And Affordable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.