Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You - Health (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You (368163 Views)

Over 90% Of Females Will Miss This Question / A Thanksgiving Thread For DJDOLA / DJDOLA; Prayers, Words Of Gratitude, Derailers Haven, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (Go Down)

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Just20(f): 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
biggal:
Pls who is this djdola I hv been hearing about him. Pls can someone pls tell me about him. Plsssss no joke.tanx
He was a fellow nairalander who came to appeal for funds for his medical condition which was later discovered to be stage IV cancer. Unfortunately he passed on like 2 months ago. #Summary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2015
Number 3 please..... but the mother must want the move and the business must be her familiar territory and expertise to be sure will be sustained.

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I dont agree with this at all, different cases require different approach. ... so next case happen and afterwards there left only 100k, would they have to relocate and do all that, or imagine all monies was spent, would they have to raise funds to do all that?

That should then be part of their consideration in closing this case
Look,this money didn't fall from the sky
It is people's hard earned cash and if they feel it was not handled properly,next time they see such thread,they will just pass
Setting a wrong precedence destroys organizations,that is what has destroyed Nigeria
That is why decent people have enforceable rules and regulations and constitutions and by laws to go by and stick to it come rain or shine
That is how Oyibo organizations succeed for generations and ours don't
We need to learn that way of conducting business and not let our emotions guide us

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fhemmmy: 4:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

It is people's hard earned cash and if they feel it was not handled properly,next time they see such thread,they will just pass
Setting a wrong precedence destroys organizations
That is why they have rules an regulations and constitutions and by laws to go by
We need to learn that way of conducting business and not let our emotions guide us

Inasmuch as I agree with you but this case is different, DJ specifically was worried and concerned about his mother, and that is the reason we are talking about the mother here, I remember how the gentleman plpleaded for his mother to be given some money. ... at the end of the day, all these are heart of the gentleman and NOT just THeN' decision.
If not because of the brother from hell, I would even suggest ALL money be given to that woman.
it takes a great mother to decline money when she was offered then.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

Setting a wrong precedence destroys organizations,that is what has destroyed Nigeria
That is why decent people have enforceable rules and regulations and constitutions and by laws to go by and stick to it come rain or shine

Oyinbo, will empower and that is what these guys are doing..... by the way, I am sure THeN are learning and they are work in progress, and with suggestions fromnus all, they will get better.
I however, applaud their accountability. .....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by akinsadeez(m): 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:
My last statement for now will just be a restatement to Tehns
Whatever you decide to do,remember that you must also do it for the next case

If you relocate,restock or buy a store and fill it with goods,you must do same for the next case
The simple way to end this is give the mom a sum of money as a gift from the group to her and cut this lose
And remember that in another case,you must do same.
Keep it simple

I dont agree with the bolded. You can't just have a blanket solution for all cases. Different cases would have their own peculiarities and challenges. All the cases would not end with the main subject passing on like Djdola did. The family factors that are present in this case might also not be present in another case. You have to treat each case based on its own facts. whatever they finally decide to do, no one will force them to do the same thing next time if they don't want to.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 8:28pm On Mar 14, 2015
I just read again the options and noticed that one actually offered to give donors their donations back. Well, I also noticed that you guys didn't state how/or procedure to follow. When we were donating we had an account number, if we have to ask for our donation back, please how do we go about it?

I know somebody is quietly thinking this so please make this transparent to avoid long stories 3months down the ladder.

And some of us donated anonymously and may want to get back our donations anonymously too, so don't ask us all to signify on this thread.

I still stand by my initial option. I haven't changed it. cheesy

Cc: Jaybee3, Jarus, r231
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Gboliwe:
I just read again the options and noticed that one actually offered to give donors their donations back. Well, I also noticed that you guys didn't state how/or procedure to follow. When we were donating we had an account number, if we have to ask for our donation back, please how do we go about it?

I know somebody is quietly thinking this so please make this transparent to avoid long stories 3months down the ladder.

And some of us donated anonymously and may want to get back our donations anonymously too, so don't ask us all to signify on this thread.

I still stand by my initial option. I haven't changed it. cheesy

Cc: Jaybee3, Jarus, r231
They can make the request by sending an email to TeHN's mailbox (ehelpersnetwork@gmail.com)

Regards
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by ejisky: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Left to me that money belongs to DJ and his next of kins. Diversion of the money for any other purpose will not be fair.... Since his family i.e Parents and Brother are not well to do. I would suggest that the money be used to set them up.

The money isn't so much oooo....When you re-house them, furniture will be needed. If you move them to lets say a 2 bedroom apartment at the rate of 200k per annum and you pay for 3 years that 600k gone than maybe use 300k for the shop thats 900k. If you decide to furnish the apartment for them that will be over 1m. I do not see any change remaining for other purposes.....

Please use the money for ONLY DJs family. The money isn't so much.

I do not think that the option of giving back to people that donated is also right. They gave the money to DJ at their own volition. Why would they want what they have given to a dead man back??

God bless TEHN and God bless Nairalanders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tony9k: 10:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
tony9k:
The money should be given to the next of kin - in this case the mum. We should not be concerned with what she does with it. Techically the money is DJ's. Tehn were simply custodians. It also does not belong to the donors as donating the funds had made them lose the authority over it. The money could have been donated directly to DJ ( which was what happened initially). Would we attempt to have control over the balance in that scenario? Let the money be given to the owner DJ in this case represented by us estate (his mum)

With another person on the same page with me in respect of DJ being the owner of the funds, the relevant question is whether or not anybody (including Tehn, donors and Nairaland) has any authority to determine the utilisation of the balance. The money should ideally go to DJ's estate (represented by the Mum)
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Idowuogbo(f): 10:50pm On Mar 14, 2015
ejisky:
Left to me that money belongs to DJ and his next of kins. Diversion of the money for any other purpose will not be fair.... Since his family i.e Parents and Brother are not well to do. I would suggest that the money be used to set them up.

The money isn't so much oooo....When you re-house them, furniture will be needed. If you move them to lets say a 2 bedroom apartment at the rate of 200k per annum and you pay for 3 years that 600k gone than maybe use 300k for the shop thats 900k. If you decide to furnish the apartment for them that will be over 1m. I do not see any change remaining for other purposes.....

Please use the money for ONLY DJs family. The money isn't so much.

I do not think that the option of giving back to people that donated is also right. They gave the money to DJ at their own volition. Why would they want what they have given to a dead man back??

God bless TEHN and God bless Nairalanders.
Next of gini? the money isn't much na hin you no vex buy them land for badagry? undecided listen ,that money was raised to save a life. If the brothers are struggling to make ends meet, they should get up and hustle hard abeg!! Go back and read the first page,op started this thread to help save Dj,not DJ and family. abi you think na so fundraising easy ni?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by kendraloops(f): 11:54pm On Mar 14, 2015
Refund ke? For why na? Won't work out at ALL!

I still go with assisting mama with a biz she's familiar with and a decent accommodation. at least, later on when biz continues booming(amen), she'll remember you all with prayers n DJDOLA's gonna be smiling down on his NL family for granting his wish n making his dear mum happy .

3 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Abbeyme: 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Next of gini? the money isn't much na hin you no vex buy them land for badagry? undecided listen ,that money was raised to save a life. If the brothers are struggling to make ends meet, they should get up and hustle hard abeg!! Go back and read the first page,op started this thread to help save Dj,not DJ and family. abi you think na so fundraising easy ni?

Without prejudice, I share your thoughts! The purpose of a fundraising is basically to treat a subject matter, once the subject matter is disposed of (whether healed, prefers to be left alone, adopts trado-medicals or passes on), the proper thing to do is to safe-keep the balance payments to treat the next subjects. Everyone has a need. Even the president of a nation has need! We should not be overwhelmed by the multitude of material needs and let medical needs suffer for it.
Maybe TeHN also cater for other needs apart from medicals....

This step is necessary cos, another patient might have promised the parents heaven and earth or have been sponsoring his siblings in education, with the demise of such character, who adopts that responsibility? TeHN?

If a document is prepared to cater for such incidences, sponsors and donors would be more assured of how excess and unspent funds are channeled!! It becomes law.. It would be guiding!! It becomes the standard!!

Borrowing from the world of Financial Institutions - when a qualified customer is granted a loan, say to build a house or buy a highly priced equipment, such a disbursement is done in tranches, this guides against waste (diversion of unspent monies) and enables the bankers to be involved and monitor the project progress vis-a-vis the money spent. Bankers also guide against bad loans. All such monies are other customers money kept in their custody... Its one the IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) recommendations.

Hope you get my point sha....

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Kimoni: 2:54am On Mar 15, 2015
^^^

Na wa ooo

Financial institutions, tranches, disbursement, bad loans, IFRS....all these big big grammar on top dis money shocked shocked

Take am easy o bros

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by tchiwinnie: 3:10am On Mar 15, 2015
Give d family a lump sum as condolence and use d remainder for anoda verified case.
We re nt d ones to step in to settle family disputes.How they use d lump sum shldnt b our headache. The money was donated to save a life. Involving ourselves in d family's affairs may nt b d best.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by AreaFada2: 5:48am On Mar 15, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Give d family a lump sum as condolence and use d remainder for anoda verified case.
We re nt d ones to step in to settle family disputes.How they use d lump sum shldnt b our headache. The money was donated to save a life. Involving ourselves in d family's affairs may nt b d best.

You nailed it. That could be like 25% of the available sum. The mother in particular.

This contribution is not life insurance that goes to next-of-kin.

If not, a time may come when NLers may become less generous when similar appeals are made.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 15, 2015
Kimoni:
^^^

Na wa ooo

Financial institutions, tranches, disbursement, bad loans, IFRS....all these big big grammar on top dis money shocked shocked

Take am easy o bros

l taya oo, how much is the money sef grin grin,............Option 3 seems to be the best.....
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Gboliwe: 8:07am On Mar 15, 2015
I don't know if its just me seeing one, two, three, four etc posts with a subtle blackmail or warning. Something like "if you don't do this, we won't donate again" if my suggestion doesn't fly, we would be less generous next time you ask for help" common guys! Let's not do this. Stop this kind of talk but if you insist, God has an awesome way of raising men who will stand in your place since he abhors vacuum.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
breadandbutter:

His religion is the one and only religion God recognizes so we should encourage building a mosque on his behalf undecided

Did you think before typing at All

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2015
breadandbutter:

His parents will be glad to have a mosque in their Son's name than having a shop filled with goods cos all we have here is vanity. I'm only trying to get him to paradise with the mosque suggestion undecided

Why am I even reading this thread on a Sunday Morninglipsrsealed

Na who send this guy come self

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 15, 2015
Na only him waka come, make una ignore d guy abeg......chai...no dull moment on nairaland... grin grin
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Laivia(f): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2015
Rip Dj Dola....... U fought well but God knows best.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
The cash is not life insurance - so there are no rights to family or next of kin.
I'm afraid that assisting the mother may have good intentions but will set a precedent for future cases. TeHN be guided.

The mum is not your responsibility - anything you do is your kind gesture.

You need to have a firm procedure for what happens to funds donated to TeHN account for medical cases where the said recipient dies.
You may want to consider NOT taking medical cases as agroup ANYMORE

Death comes will a lot of post death baggage

In the absence of an option4 where the cash reverts to other cases verified then I will go with option3.
However don't do this for other cases again.
Let medical cases be done by each person individually once volunteers verify

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 1:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Dear All,
Thanks to each and every one of you for your comments and participation in the much needed selection exercise.

The TeHN team will execute the empowerment part of option 3 without any further delays.

The team will make executive decisions on extent of each component of the empowerment option

Best Regards

TeHN

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Anapuao(f): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
jaybee3:
Dear All,
Thanks to each and every one of you for your comments and participation in the much needed selection exercise.

The TeHN team will execute the empowerment part of option 3 without any further delays.

The team will make executive decisions on extent of each component of the empowerment option

Best Regards

TeHN
Well done TeHN. God bless you

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2015
jaybee3:
Dear All,

Best Regards

TeHN

Supported, make una carry go, Tehn has handled this case in a very superb form.....kudos to the team.... cool

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by Funjosh(m): 1:38am On Mar 27, 2015
Good work TeHN.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by nich(m): 11:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
RIP DJDOLA. cry

Thanks TeHN for the effort, work and commitment. Thanks to every Nairalander (including guests) for prayers, financial support, ideas and workdone. God bless you all!

2 Likes

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by kendraloops(f): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hello TeHN, has option 3 been implemented? i just want to know if mama is settled and doin fine. God bless you all.
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by jaybee3(m): 6:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
kendraloops:
Hello TeHN, has option 3 been implemented? i just want to know if mama is settled and doin fine. God bless you all.
Unfortunately it hasn't. We've been in a constant dialogue since the option endorsement with the family's chosen point of contact (The brother) but they haven't been able to come up with the requested info (choice of business, house rent and/or shop rent).

We will provide an update as soon as we are able to close the case

Regards

1 Like

Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by dohyn(m): 11:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
greetings TeHN, I have a colleague who has a malignancy in his jaw and desperately need 13million naira or so..how do I contact the moderators to help push his case forward? thank you
Re: RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You by TeHN: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
dohyn:
greetings TeHN, I have a colleague who has a malignancy in his jaw and desperately need 13million naira or so..how do I contact the moderators to help push his case forward? thank you

We are very sorry to hear the health challenges that your colleague is currently experiencing.

However, TeHN has a group has stopped accepting medical cases and in that light won't be able to provide the much needed coordinated help.

We will continue to be with your colleague in prayer

Regards

TeHN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168)

Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX / What Combinations Can One Drink To Terminate Early Detected Pregnancy ? / Alafia Logun Oro Itoju Topeye Ogun Ibile Todaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.