Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS (5898 Views)

Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Nigerian University With The Best Hostel Facilities? / Akin Fadeyi And Friends Give Scholarship To Less Privileged Students (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by corperscorner: 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
The sensational American rap artiste 2Chainz made a statement some time ago; about organising a scholarship program for students in the US, NIGERIA and JAMAICA.

However, several people thought this was a media stunt despite the fact that he supported the claims Live on BBC radio during an interview.

So far, the aforesaid scholarship program has been unveiled in Jamaica and 65 students out of a total of 135 students who applied for the program; got rewarded with a scholarship grant of $2,000 each (over 300,000 naira equivalent).

Below are some pictures as gathered from the program which took place in August, as it even had the presence of Usain Bolt to spark up the reward presentation event and also to motivate the attendees with some inspirational words.

The American rapper himself however, made another media statement on BBC pertaining to this so as to buttress his intentions;

"No one believed it at first, but I guess they all needed to stick around a bit before they got to realize its true. Just as we did good to all those kids in Jamaica, we are going to be doing same in Nigeria in a couple of months time. I can say we are ready for that. I just hope they turn up for this 'cos the turn up in Jamaica wasn't much apparently 'cos its the first time such is happening under my watch. I hope they come out big time next time 'cos regardless of their numbers, there is enough to go round for all."

When asked why the rapper wasn't at the event, he said; "I have been doing quite a number of shows lately, and its a hell of a demand. But I have the program in capable hands, so I am rest assured its going be having a smooth ride nonetheless. Besides, I gotta be here to do the shows so I could have enough to go round out there (says with a laugh)".

The program handlers however obliged a local Jamaican TV station; their presence, to discuss the achievements of the program introduced by the renowned rapper.

This is indeed a good news to Nigerian University, Polytechnic and College of Education students...#Anticipate

[size=18pt]GET UPDATES ON THIS SCHOLARSHIP VIA SMS AND EMAIL FOR FREE HERE:[/size]

http://fs30.formsite.com/ScholarshipAlertNairaland/corperscorner/index.html

UPDATE - Still waiting for this as we havent heard anything.....abi oga chainz don change hin mind?

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2014
He is Educated and a First Class graduate, this is why he values Education, long live 2chainz, even tho some people think you Sing out of line.

11 Likes

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by IrunOBO: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
God bless this nigga......

I dey feel you...........please when will the Nigeria program start?

4 Likes

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by katiemadubiko: 5:25pm On Nov 13, 2014
@corps.....whr dyu get all these info from......I need content for the blog I'm working on. Can I come and see you tomorrow?

4 Likes

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by jobberman247: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2014

SPACE BOOKED incase it makes FP... grin grin grin
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by IrunOBO: 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2014
katiemadubiko:
Wow.....it is rare to have a heart as his. The likes of Dbanj can go and die with all the money they have as far as I am concerned....I love this guy kiss kiss kiss

have you seen my kidney heart? grin grin grin grin wink
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by amakufrancis(m): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
our top musicians make follow the chain sad
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by katiemadubiko: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2014
If I hear say dem. Follow.......lol

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by bhaliz44(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2014
2chains keep it up nikka.. Naija dey wait you. grin grin grin

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by modskiller(m): 5:47am On Nov 14, 2014
I still find it hard to believe. Even the likes of Ricky Rozay only brags about what they have but ain't doing something like this. May God continue to enlarge your coast 2chains.

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by katiemadubiko: 8:53am On Nov 14, 2014
IrunOBO:

have you seen my kidney heart? grin grin grin grin wink

Lol......that potato heart of yours tho...

As in ehn......I cant wait for the scholarship program to kick off in 9ja...

OP pls keep us updated biko kiss kiss
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by Okijajuju1(m): 9:07am On Nov 14, 2014
Then when they graduate, he will feature them in his videos.. grin

5 Likes

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by corperscorner: 10:24am On Nov 14, 2014
@Okijajuju1.........LOL
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by Mayowa95(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2014
how can we apply for this scholarship
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by zappyj(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2014
Wow! When would African celebrities start becoming socially responsible?
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by corperscorner: 11:54am On Nov 14, 2014
Mayowa95:
how can we apply for this scholarship

Chairman......did you mean...how you can apply for the scholarship that just ended in Jamaica or how you can apply for the one that is yet to be launched in Nigeria?

Either ways.........LMAO.......would share updates as I get them. You can also listen to BBC radio at all times to get infos like this.
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by Mayowa95(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2014
corperscorner:

Chairman......did you mean...how you can apply for the scholarship that just ended in Jamaica or how you can apply for the one that is yet to be launched in Nigeria?

Either ways.........LMAO.......would share updates as I get them. You can also listen to BBC radio at all times to get infos like this.
i mean for nigeria
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by IrunOBO: 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
Mayowa95:
i mean for nigeria

Are you seriously still asking after quoting that..........?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I wonder how you go take pass if you apply.... grin grin grin

Na joke oooo

2 Likes

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by corperscorner: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by jobberman247: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
I really cant wait for this to happen in Nigeria
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by corperscorner: 8:27am On Nov 15, 2014
P
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 15, 2014
Very impressive.
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by katiemadubiko: 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
Yields:
Very impressive.

Seconded...
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by IrunOBO: 8:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Yields:
Very impressive.

Thirded
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by corperscorner: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2014
IrunOBO:

Thirded

You are creating a bandwagon.....

Fourthed
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by jobberman247: 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
OP............hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I see you...........
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by mesoade(m): 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
Who is 2chainz? I don't know this cos i schooled in France
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by IrunOBO: 4:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
mesoade:
Who is 2chainz? I don't know this cos i schooled in France

Which one of the Frances......this one or that ones?? angry

1 Like

Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by kelechiMarie(f): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
corperscorner:

You are creating a bandwagon.....

Fourthed
fifthed
Re: GOOD NEWS FOR NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS +PICS by Mayor21(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
I the smile am, him go see the kind number of people weh go turn out for the scholarship for Naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Just Checked My Uniben Post Utme Result And I'm So Happy! / Jamb Announces Registration Deadline And Examination Date For Utme 2012 / Post UME & Admissions at MOUAU for 2009/2010 Academic Session.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.