Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents (6764 Views)

Guys, Can You Get Married To A Lady From A Broken Home?(separated Or Divorced). / Would You Date/marry Someone With Divorced Parents? / What Have You Done For Your Marriage Today (Married people only- kids keep off) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 3:14am On Nov 14, 2014
onila:
oh sharrap

I am not in yr save a ho foundation angry

Save a tout
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by onila(f): 3:31am On Nov 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Save a tout
I aint a tout tongue
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by Shirley07: 6:52am On Nov 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

After u

U are the typical product of a broken home, loud mouthed and unruly ..I will pass
Fingerling brain
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by CNN80: 8:09am On Nov 14, 2014
Onila, Onila, Onila......how many times did I call your name?

Stop trading insults with people still living with a mentality you are not able to grasp or make sense of. It is the equivalent of arguing with a Chinese person about Yoruba culture...the chances of him grasping the richness is very remote.

As for me, while I am a practising Catholic, if I see a woman in a marriage where she or her children are being abused, I will call her an idiot and tell her to take action. If I see a man in a marriage were his wife is sucking the life out of him, I will advice him to take action.

If said action is divorce, que sera sera.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by bukatyne(f): 8:18am On Nov 14, 2014
braine:

grin

Just ignore these poorly raised and useless women jare. Also pray you don't meet such. Like mother, like daughter. grin

I think you are also very poorly raised else you would not refer to poster's parents without caution.

It is not only when the parents are separated that the home is broken.

If discriminating against a 7yr old is okay to you then...

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by onila(f): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2014
cool
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by braine(m): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2014
bukatyne:

I think you are also very poorly raised else you would not refer to poster's parents without caution.

It is not only when the parents are separated that the home is broken.

If discriminating against a 7yr old is okay to you then...

You've got the whole thing wrong
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by crackhaus: 9:25am On Nov 14, 2014
Just to put this topic in a whole new perspective and understand why some parents may not want their kids freely associating with other kids from divorced homes.

And for those saying it's an African mentality, please keep shut if you ain't got anything sensible to say - this here article is about Americans.
Africans/Nigerians are generally more liberal when it comes to this issue.

THE AMERICAN MYTH OF DIVORCE

" Don't stay together just for the sake of the children."
"If divorce is better for you, it will be better for your kids."

For the past 30 years, Americans have used these ideas (above) to justify their increasing recourse to divorce. Recently, however, mounting empirical evidence indicates that these justifications are illusions. The widespread practice of divorce in this culture has been based on the wishful thinking of adults while its tragic cost has been borne by children.

Barbara Dafoe Whitehead's The Divorce Culture analyzes the history and social significance of divorce. More importantly, she raises troubling ethical questions about the practice.

The first wave of literature on the new divorce culture, largely written by relatively affluent and recently divorced women, celebrated these trends as liberating for women and children. After the mid-1980s, however, popular advice books began to challenge some of the earlier assumptions.

A more troubling picture emerged from studies of larger populations and from tracing the effects on children over time. It turned out there was no trickle down of psychological benefits from mothers to their children. Even though 80 percent of men and 50 percent of women felt their lives were better after divorce, the effects on children were disastrous. By almost every measure, children in divorced families fared worse: emotional problems, early sexual experimenting, dropping out of school, delinquency, teen pregnancy, and drug use.

Remarriage was no solution; children in step-families were two to three times more likely than their counterparts to suffer emotional and behavioral problems and twice as likely to have learning problems.

Long-term studies by Judith Wallerstein and others argue that the impact of divorce on children is cumulative. Even 15 years after their parents' divorce, many children are emotionally troubled, occupationally aimless, and unable to sustain a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Their parents' inability to sustain the relationship that counted most to them and the subsequent loss of connection to their fathers seem to have eroded these young peoples' sense of identity and ability to trust others and commit themselves.

In the ethos of expressive individualism, where self-fulfillment is the central moral norm, the parents are the only stakeholders in the marriage. But once we pay attention to the children, it becomes impossible to pretend that divorce is primarily an individual's choice rather than a profoundly social event.

So, should we stay together for the sake of the children? Dafoe argues that in most cases the answer is yes. Divorce makes sense in the 10 percent to 15 percent of troubled marriages that involve high-level and persistent conflict with severe abuse and physical violence.

But the case is not so clear in marriages marked by marital dissatisfaction, emotional estrangement, boredom, or another romantic interest. In these instances, adults, who are more resilient than children, can be expected to sacrifice some of their own interests in order to preserve the stable and caring home necessary for their offspring to flourish. Traditionally, spouses were obligated not merely to stay in a troubled marriage for the sake of the children but to improve it.

William C. Spohn is Presidential Professor of Ethics and the Common Good at Santa Clara University.

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/publications/iie/v9n2/divorce.html

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by bukatyne(f): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2014
braine:

You've got the whole thing wrong

Really?

Help me see right grin
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by Shirley07: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2014
crackhaus:
Just to put this topic in a whole new perspective and understand why some parents may not want their kids freely associating with other kids from divorced homes.

And for those saying it's an African mentality, please keep shut if you ain't got anything sensible to say - this here article is about Americans.

William C. Spohn is Presidential Professor of Ethics and the Common Good at Santa Clara University.

You should shut it. Is article now your brain because you engage it more than your brain?
No suprise though, dead brain is of no use.

5 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by braine(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2014
bukatyne:

Really?

Help me see right grin

Me doing that would be me putting much energy all for nothing, coz you already have a mindset that my opinion is not valid.
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by crackhaus: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Shirley07:

You should shut it. Is article now your brain because you engage it more than your brain?
No suprise though, dead brain is of no use.
Doofus, do you still not know that hormones are responsible for the internal changes that occur in a woman's body? cheesy

I honestly don't appreciate sh1t-brained little girls quoting me for no reason other than to show how frustrated and angry they are with reading facts.

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by Shirley07: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2014
crackhaus:

Doofus, do you still not know that hormones are responsible for the internal changes that occur in a woman's body? cheesy

I honestly don't appreciate sh1t-brained little girls quoting me for no reason other than to show how frustrated and angry they are with reading facts.
You wish hormones has something to do with the menstrual pain, weakness e.t.c, Dead brained goat.
What fact are you talking about? Quoting articles left and right is now facts? Just go for a brain transplant. I really sympathize.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by onila(f): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2014
grin grin
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by bukatyne(f): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2014
braine:

Me doing that would be me putting much energy all for nothing, coz you already have a mindset that my opinion is not valid.

You must be a mindreader grin
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by christabeli: 11:57am On Nov 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

At least my children Will b safe
Odiegwu. No be only safe. How can a child that has been taught the act of discrimination be a better person?

4 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by ArtanK(m): 12:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
No because they are the sole reason why their parents split up. Devious little weasels do not deserve the friendship of my kids. grin
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by veave(f): 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2014
braine:

You too?? All these mannerless ladies on Nairaland sha. No wonder you keep staying single and later then get divorced. Then you raise another generation like you. Shior.

I'll rather stay singe than marry a scumbag like you. Its your type that has refused to allow Nigeria get better. Waawaa!

3 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by JiggamanGh: 2:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
crackhaus:

Maybe just maybe if these kids had support from the community especially their friends then they wouldn't have all these emotional problems. How's keeping these kids way from friends when they need them the most, helping the situation.

Maybe they developed these emotional problems because friends and their parents betray them during a difficult time. Did you think about that.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by crackhaus: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2014
Shirley07:

You wish hormones has something to do with the menstrual pain, weakness e.t.c, Dead brained goat.
What fact are you talking about? Quoting articles left and right is now facts? Just go for a brain transplant. I really sympathize.
Doofus what leads to menstrual pain and weakness, and what is responsible for initiating the process that leads to it? The Holy Spirit?

It's either you're just trolling, or you really are quite stvpid.
There's no remedy for you...

BTW, it seems the only part of my post you disagreed with is the part I typed 'facts' - I take it you agree that you're indeed sh1tbrained, yes? gringrin

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by crackhaus: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Maybe just maybe if these kids had support from the community especially their friends then they wouldn't have all these emotional problems. How's keeping these kids way from friends when they need them the most, helping the situation.

Maybe they developed these emotional problems because friends and their parents betray them during a difficult time. Did you think about that.
Did you read this part of my post or you just felt like quoting to say something smart?

crackhaus: Just to put this topic in a whole new perspective and understand why some parents may not want their kids freely associating with other kids from divorced homes.

Did you see anywhere I gave my own opinion regarding the subject?
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by braine(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
veave:

I'll rather stay singe than marry a scumbag like you. Its your type that has refused to allow Nigeria get better. Waawaa!

Whatever rocks your boat, dear. I've said my piece. You can hang yourself for all I care.
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by tpia6: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

I don't know your church

not a good enough excuse.
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by tpia6: 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
ArtanK:
No because they are the sole reason why their parents split up. Devious little weasels do not deserve the friendship of my kids. grin

lol
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by Shirley07: 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
crackhaus:

Doofus what leads to menstrual pain and weakness, and what is responsible for initiating the process that leads to it? The Holy Spirit?

It's either you're just trolling, or you really are quite stvpid.
There's no remedy for you...

BTW, it seems the only part of my post you disagreed with is the part I typed 'facts' - I take it you agree that you're indeed sh1tbrained, yes? gringrin

We talked on menstruation, not ovulation and that's all I'm interested in, dead-brained baboon.
That said, those articles you always post aint fact. Infact, they are one stup!d thing which look like the stup!d poster and It's no suprise stup!d things attracts stup!d people like you.
Tell me once again how white matters and vascularization symbolize emotions?
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by crackhaus: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
Shirley07:

We talked on menstruation, not ovulation and that's all I'm interested in, dead-brained baboon.
That said, those articles you always post aint fact. Infact, they are one stup!d thing which look like the stup!d poster and It's no suprise stup!d things attracts stup!d people like you.
Tell me once again how white matters and vascularization symbolize emotions?
What is vascularization and who ever mentioned vascularization? cheesy

I have told you before, being witty and deductively smart is something that doesn't come naturally to you - please give it up and stick to just hurling insults.

We talked on menstruation, not ovulation bla bla bla - as if menstruation just suddenly happens out of thin air by the intervention of the Holy Spirit....

Doofus! grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by aderonila18: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
If I were you I would be relieved that my sister isn't friends with the daughter of a such a small minded person. On the other hand you sef you are a tribalistic bigot so you're not really one to talk.
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by Shirley07: 5:53pm On Nov 14, 2014
crackhaus:

What is vascularization and who ever mentioned vascularization? cheesy

I have told you before, being witty and deductively smart is something that doesn't come naturally to you - please give it up and stick to just hurling insults.

We talked on menstruation, not ovulation bla bla bla - as if menstruation just suddenly happens out of thin air by the intervention of the Holy Spirit....

Doofus! grin
You mentioned vascularization when you talked about blood flow, dead brain. So tell me how it affects females' emotion?
If that brain of yours works well, you should have known Menses and Ovulation are two different things and that's the more reason you need a brain transplant.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by tpia6: 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2014
aderonila18:
If I were you I would be relieved that my sister isn't friends with the daughter of a such a small minded person.

hmmm

but isnt that the same problem though, back to square one.

On the other hand you sef you are a tribalistic bigot so you're not really one to talk.

shocked shocked
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by crackhaus: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
Shirley07:

You mentioned vascularization when you talked about blood flow, dead brain. So tell me how it affects females' emotion?
If that brain of yours works well, you should have known Menses and Ovulation are two different things and that's the more reason you need a brain transplant.
Buahahahahaha...this girl will keep exposing herself. Doofus I never mentioned anything like vascularization, you did when you were trying hard to seem smart and I overlooked it then.

But since you're intent on embarrassing yourself tonight, pray tell, what is vascularization?
Google it and tell me what you come up with - also tell me how it fits into a discussion of the brain as regards blood flow. gringrin

And I never said menses and ovulation are the same thing, I said one leads to the other.
Mega doofus is this not true? grin

2 Likes

Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by tpia6: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2014
johnbuck81:
dat woman dat kips her daughter 4rm ur sister is evil..she is bad..she is wicked..she has a bad mind..watch her very well..

maybe.

but i agree she does not mean well either way.

anyway, there are two sides to every story, lets assume everyone has reasons for what they do.

onila is your sister not grown now, why bringing this up.
Re: Will You Allow Yr Kids Keep Friends With Children Of Divorced Parents by veave(f): 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
braine:

Whatever rocks your boat, dear. I've said my piece. You can hang yourself for all I care.

Right after you're oD'D to death on that cheap drug u injected into your dumb brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is / 5 Effects Of Transferred Aggression / Hinging Your Essence On Marriage: A Distorted Perception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.