Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,446 members, 7,808,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 (32159 Views)

Xenophobic Attack:nigeria Provides Emergency Number For Distressed Nigeria In SA / World Bank President Shuns Nigeria In His Visit To Africa / She Broke The G.o.p. And Now She Owns It- Times Op-ed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 12:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
1mindchrisr:
you nailed it

theres so much of brainstorming of hate which they can use to better Nigeria as whole
this status of empty chest beating while d rich are thinking abt themself n d poor increase daily

Life is so good n fair in SA
no amount of critics can change dt
d time of fleeing to other contries. because of oppression is gone diferent race,culture,religion of this
rainbow nations values is what makes us unique n too diferent for some peoples liking
wev seen worse dt y freedom is for all Citizen

You are so right, that's all it is - hate. They flee to our country in droves to chase after the good life we have, call us names because we have it good without having to con someone or prostitute some poor woman or ruin some poor youth's future. If Nigeria has such a great economy why do we South Africans have an illegal immigration problem? No South African would be so desperate they would be willing to be a second class citizen in another country. You don't see South Africans running to Nigeria for an education. I have a Nigerian friend who had to come to SA to buy stuff for her wedding in SA. I also have business with a Nigerian. To send me documentation eg she has to use private courier company and they always take about a week to arrive where as I use the government postal services and she get things from my side within 72 hours, sometimes our skying gets interrupted because of power outages and the likes - problems we don't have in SA.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
die die, you don't have to admit wether you know Jim Iyke and the rest of them. Naira land is a place where anyone can claim to know or not to know someone. But the truth remains that these people are known even in your SA, fact! Your compatroits have admitted to it already, fact! Instead of you hating on us, why don't you channel all of that energy to better yourself? We worked hard to be where we are. You can also work hard to take yourself to where you want to be.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
Nigeria's economy in terms of GDP according to the world bank (an organisation i don't trust with accurate figures on Nigeria), is 510 bn dollar.
http://data.worldbank.org/country/nigeria
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
again, i don't trust the world bank with figures very much but since you asked for figures from reputable institution on who the larger economy is between SA and Naija, i have decided to bring this up for you to Compare. http://data.worldbank.org/country/south-africa
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
EVarn:
^and what is the point of the epistle you wrote?,you can "lol" and "lolest" as much as you like,the content of your post is so empty,that even a primary school dropout will percieve you as a mentally benighted fellow.i asked you a simple question,the SK currency is lesser in value than the rand,does that mean that SA's economy is far more developed than SK's economy?.i didnt say that GDP and population make a country the biggest economy,do you have dyslexia?,what i said is that small population=higher HDI and GDP per capita.

Honey pie stop the hate and name calling and learn some comprehension skills. As for South Korea I did answer you, go back I had modified my comment you probably read it before it uploaded. Baby cakes, population does not make or break HDI or GDP per capita. Sigh... Guess I do need to break this down for you but I'm not gonna go into detail please find a grade 10 student to explain this to you further, here we go:
* GDP is basically the amount of income generated within the borders of a country this includes income generated by SA companies in Nigeria. Efficiency, economic activity and infrastructure are very vital more than population.
* GDP per capita calculated the distribution of that GDP. RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT is the bigger factor more than population. The HEALTH and STRENGTH of the economy (ie the value of GDP) is what counts hence China with its 1.63 BILLION population has a high GDP and GDP per capita
* HDI - I wonder if you know what that means since you and your comrades having been crapping about the SA government and calling us lazy because our government invests in our development. Anywho, HDI aka HUMAN DEVELOPMENT Index measures things such as quality and access to eg education and health, the infrastructure, quality of living etc (you know the services ActiveKruger has been telling you about). That is, the things your government should be providing which you and your fellows claim lead to lazy South Africans (lol). Obviously in a healthy economy government can provide these public goods.

I'm not explaining further than that, like I said if you still don't understand find someone in grade 10 to explain to you.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:
die die, you don't have to admit wether you know Jim Iyke and the rest of them. Naira land is a place where anyone can claim to know or not to know someone. But the truth remains that these people are known even in your SA, fact! Your compatroits have admitted to it already, fact! Instead of you hating on us, why don't you channel all of that energy to better yourself? We worked hard to be where we are. You can also work hard to take yourself to where you want to be.

Die? LOL!!! Honey how I wish I knew them or cared if only for your sake. Correction I don't hate you or Nigeria I have no need to. Like I said I got business with Nigeria. I want you guys to do better, I NEED you to do better so that I can also pretend I live in a music video (lol).
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

Die? Wow! LOL!!!
Honey, how I wish I knew them or cared if only for your sake. Correction I don't hate you or Nigeria I have no need to. Like I said I got business with Nigeria. I want you guys to do better, I NEED you to do better so that I can also pretend I live in a music video (lol). Ps ALL Africans have worked hard to get where we are but we still have so much further to go wink
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:
again, i don't trust the world bank with figures very much but since you asked for figures from reputable institution on who the larger economy is between SA and Naija, i have decided to bring this up for you to Compare. http://data.worldbank.org/country/south-africa

Low-middle income country

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
I laugh when i see somepeople here acuse us of hate. Why don't you go to the 1st page and tell me who started being antagonistic of the other. Why don't you just go to the first page and quote the first two posts of Kruger and lets see if it wasn't militant and antagonistic. Now that we returned the favour, you are coming here to acuse us of hate. Why don't you just deal with your own mess or better still, eat it up?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

Upper-Middle income country

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
ActivateKruger:

Low-middle income country

you asked for a reference from a 'reputable' institution and i have provided it. Now you are begining to shift ground. Why don't you just be a man and be brave even in the face of a meaningful debate backed up by evidence?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 1:36pm On Nov 16, 2014
To put figures into perspective here

- Lower income
- Upper-lower income
- Lower-middle income (Nigeria)
- Middle income
- Upper-middle income (South Africa)
- Lower-upper income
- Upper income

There is an income gap between the 2 countries, as I keep saying - Nigeria's economy is paper economy
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

you asked for a reference from a 'reputable' institution and i have provided it. Now you are begining to shift ground. Why don't you just be a man and be brave even in the face of a meaningful debate backed up by evidence?

I never disputed Nigeria's GDP status, I simply say its nothing but a paper economy. With NO BITE
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
Low middle income country:

how exactly did the world bank arrive at this? They did this after dividing the total GDP by the GDP per capita. So they arrived at some figures which are just mathematics on paper.

To let you know, the total GDP you see as 510bn dollar is only that in the formal sector of the economy. The informal sector of the economy is where MOST nigerians are. Nigeria has a very large informal sector, just to let you know. The profits and sales we make go undocumented. How else do you think we are able to provide power for ourselves, provide education for ourselves, provide water for ourselves, etc if our average income is that figure put to you by the World Bank? Use your head, if it is well educated.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
ActivateKruger:

I never disputed Nigeria's GDP status, I simply say its nothing but a paper economy. With NO BITE

oh sorry, i thought you are @diedie. He was the one asking for proof from a 'reputable' institution.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
ActivateKruger:
To put figures into perspective here

- Lower income
- Upper-lower income
- Lower-middle income (Nigeria)
- Middle income
- Upper-middle income (South Africa)
- Lower-upper income
- Upper income

There is an income gap between the 2 countries, as I keep saying - Nigeria's economy is paper economy

Nigeria's economy isn't paper economy. It is real economy. As real as the fact that a woman gave birth to you.

As for the income gap: you may be paid more on the average compared to us but your cost of living is also higher than ours! That offsets any sort of difference in income, fact!
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 16, 2014
ActivateKruger:

what do you mean by "with no bite"?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

don't mind the dumb boy! The Japanese Yen is about two Naira and is even far less than the Rand. Does that mean that the Japanese economy is just twice Naigeria's economy? That the rand is bigger than the yen means SA's economy is better than the Japanese economy, according to die die! Hmm, i really admire their universities, Lol.

And for Big brother (i don't watch it but i hea of it), you made me laugh there. This is a show its anchors are Nigerian, fact! This is a show its back room staff are Nigerian, fact! You really need to see the cast or whtever they call it to know what exactly i am saying. Without Nigeria

as for immigration, we are acccording to our cencus figures in 2006, we have 15million foreigners in Naija. You don't hear us complain becos those who come in provide their own jobs, that's no1. Secondly, we are immigrants friendly. We have actually carried the burden of the continent on our shoulders for so long. This refelcted in our foreign policies even prior to independence. We have superior skills compared to most of the foreigners that come in. They take jobs we don't even want. We are not as lazy as you lot, fact!

As for why we go out, i would like to tell you that you find the chinese in all parts of the world; the same thing with the indians. Does that mean they economy is rubbish? That you cannot go out of your country doesn't mean you are ok. It only means you don't have the money to go out that far since the countries around you, which you could have emigrated to, are not as boyant as you.

Nigerians anywhere are not putting pressure on your public system. They create their own jobs. They employ your own people. You people cannot even stand this that's why there is so much animosity from you lot.

Empty vessels make the most noise clearly. Shoprite in Abuja or whatever has nigerian floor workers, nigerian cashiers, nigerian managers... So what? That Big Brother has Nigerian staffers and is shot in Nigeria is moot. The rights are still owned by a South African company and its still commissioned by a South African company and the income generated still filters back to SA. Comprehension is not a very strong point for you and ver-whatever person therefore I refuse to engage further with you.

Ps: I'm not a boy I'm a woman. (F) stands for female - just by the way wink
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

Meaning ONE good economic year doesn't means Nigeria is suddenly the best economy in Africa!!! Sigh... How many times do you need it to be repeated? Such a statement is premature.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by 1mindchrisr(f): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
i feel sorry for them really
honestly after oil industrial
im left with no choice but to think
dt
this hate and envy is second looming economy they posses so far. paralised mentallity of fear

there are some good humbly nigerians
we apreciates d respect they have for us
yes xhenophobia was not something dt shud have hapened n dt doesnt stop foreigners seeing good in SA

fighting illegal structures n improving Rainbow Nation is what we strive for yet it cant hapen overnight.

DieeDiee:

You are so right, that's all it is - hate. They flee to our country in droves to chase after the good life we have, call us names because we have it good without having to con someone or prostitute some poor woman or ruin some poor youth's future. If Nigeria has such a great economy why do we South Africans have an illegal immigration problem? No South African would be so desperate they would be willing to be a second class citizen in another country. You don't see South Africans running to Nigeria for an education. I have a Nigerian friend who had to come to SA to buy stuff for her wedding in SA. I also have business with a Nigerian. To send me documentation eg she has to use private courier company and they always take about a week to arrive where as I use the government postal services and she get things from my side within 72 hours, sometimes our skying gets interrupted because of power outages and the likes - problems we don't have in SA.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

oh sorry, i thought you are @diedie. He was the one asking for proof from a 'reputable' institution.

At no point in time did I dispute Nigeria had a good economic year. What I question is the STATEMENT: "NIGERIA HAS THE BIGGEST/STRONGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA" because ONE good economic year does not justify such a statement. I asked for proof and your very own proof states SA is an UPPER-MIDDLE class country while Nigeria is a LOWER-MIDDLE class country. This comes from your very own proof therefore you have failed to prove your own argument and instead managed to prove mine and ActivateKrugers.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:
Low middle income country:

how exactly did the world bank arrive at this? They did this after dividing the total GDP by the GDP per capita. So they arrived at some figures which are just mathematics on paper.

To let you know, the total GDP you see as 510bn dollar is only that in the formal sector of the economy. The informal sector of the economy is where MOST nigerians are. Nigeria has a very large informal sector, just to let you know. The profits and sales we make go undocumented. How else do you think we are able to provide power for ourselves, provide education for ourselves, provide water for ourselves, etc if our average income is that figure put to you by the World Bank? Use your head, if it is well educated.

Wheew! Its been a slow trod... But it seems we are making progress. We still not there but there seems to be something dim down the passage...

DING! DING! That is the point!!! Those things you say you provide for yourself you shouldn't have to!!! Those are called ... PUBLIC GOODS ... Why? ... Because GOVERNMENT is meant to provide them. ... How does that fit into the argument? ... In a strong, healthy economy government is able to provide public goods and thereby raise the standard of living of its citizens (ie HDI). ... Why do public goods and governments provision of them matter? ... Because a raised standard of of living means more economic activity which means more income generated which means raised tax base which means better government services etc. ... Does informal sector matter? ... No ... Why? ... Because the informal sector means leakage from the economics system, because money is generated by the system and money leaks unemployment rises which leads to low economic activity, which leads to lower tax base and lower government service which leads to nigeria.

FYI: nigeria is not the only country with an informal sector.

Oh and by the way just because someone else insulted you does not mean you should insult me. Go to the library, talk to a grade 10 student, youtube, whatever - get yourself educated it is very clear you know NOTHING about economics and have no understanding how it works.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by ActivateKruger: 2:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:

This is what I mean

Graph1 - the Amount the state spends on a single person in each country (Infrastructure, education, health, welfare, defense, settlement, etc)
Graph2 - the Amount of electricity per individual consumes on both countries

I can go-on and on with these statistics showing you why Nigeria's economy is nothing but paper and why South Africa is ahead - far ahead

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by 1mindchrisr(f): 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:
I laugh when i see somepeople here acuse us of hate. Why don't you go to the 1st page and tell me who started being antagonistic of the other. Why don't you just go to the first page and quote the first two posts of Kruger and lets see if it wasn't militant and antagonistic. Now that we returned the favour, you are coming here to acuse us of hate. Why don't you just deal with your own mess or better still, eat it up?

even a todler can reason better than this

what d poster said it totally different to all of you guys replied
u just cant stand anything good abt SA
even thou u try to swallowing it with your biased responses yet u cant digesting it

migration issues isnt abt Nigerians only we have lots of other foreign nationals n they dont display this kind of hate
for a country dt accomodates millions of Nigerians this kind of envy is uncalled you
but i dont blame you since iv noticed dt mostly d countries dt disgust some of you are d same countries dt accomodates millions of your countrymen n women.

learn to respect other people as you respect yourself

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by EVarn(m): 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
DieeDiee:

Honey pie stop the hate and name calling and learn some comprehension skills. As for South Korea I did answer you, go back I had modified my comment you probably read it before it uploaded. Baby cakes, population does not make or break HDI or GDP per capita.
yet again,you demonstrate an abysmal psyche,cant you read?.where in my post did i mention that nigeria's bigger GDP and population is what makes it the strongest economy?,infact i can remember saying that "SA's economy is the most diverse and industrialized in africa for now".so where did you read your own facts from.i didnt dispute that SA has a higher HDI and GDP per capita,i only unraveled the fact that a smaller population easily attains a higher HDI and GDP/capita,than a bigger population e.g japan,and USA.this isnt to say a densely populated country cannot have high indices too,but it is more easier for smaller countries.love,i urge you to read,lest you show your ignorance,and embarass your countrymen.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
http://m.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=nigeria+gdp+v+South+Africa+gdp+&x=0&y=0

EVarn, craziebone. Please check out that link. Very very important. The link is a world bank tool which calculates both economies.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
craziebone:
Nigeria's economy in terms of GDP according to the world bank (an organisation i don't trust with accurate figures on Nigeria), is 510 bn dollar.
http://data.worldbank.org/country/nigeria

Nigeria's Economy is actually 524 billion dollars. This according to the latest stats released by the NBS.

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by EVarn(m): 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
DieeDiee:

Wheew! Its been a slow trod...But it seems we are making progress.We still not there but there seems to be something dim down the passage.
DING! DING! That is the point!!! Those things you say you provide for yourself you shouldn't have to!!! Those are called...PUBLIC GOODS... Why?...Because GOVERNMENT is meant to provide them....How does that fit into the argument?...In a strong, healthy economy government is able to provide public goods and thereby raise the standard of living of its citizens (ie HDI).
you really do love to hear yourself talk dont ya?,the guy wasnt saying the the government isnt providing anything.infact the nigerian government,especially at the state level is now providing:
*free education and books
*free health care
*free food for students
*laptops,ipads,and other computing devices for students
*free transport for civil workers and students etc.
he was just trying to say that nigerians do not depend on government for their needs

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
DieeDiee:

Empty vessels make the most noise clearly. Shoprite in Abuja or whatever has nigerian floor workers, nigerian cashiers, nigerian managers... So what? That Big Brother has Nigerian staffers and is shot in Nigeria is moot. The rights are still owned by a South African company and its still commissioned by a South African company and the income generated still filters back to SA. Comprehension is not a very strong point for you and ver-whatever person therefore I refuse to engage further with you.

Ps: I'm not a boy I'm a woman. (F) stands for female - just by the way wink

you are not going to continue with me becos you have not been able to refute all the things i have said. They are absolutely true and rock solid.

And no, we are not empty vessel and we don't make noise. If we were emty vessel, we wouldn't have been able to have the sort of immigrant base we have, fact! They come here becos they know that there is something here they can take home. A mason i know from Benin Rep who has worked here for just a short time has been able to build a decent 3 bedroom apartment for his mother back in Benin Rep.

You cant' even begin to compare our immigration rate with that of SA. If you, @diedie, say that Nigeria is ECOWAS and ECOWAS in Nigeria, you will be pardoned. And no, i am not being an emty vessel and i certainly do not make any noise at all not to talk of loud noise. Just to let you know that there is a free movement within ECOWAS. This is the reason we have such a large immigrant base. Formally, a citizen of ECOWAS can move to work anywhere withing the sub-region for 90 days without visa. But today, we can settle anywhere for as long as we want without visa. But no, we don't hate people who believe in us and share our ideals and feel compeled to want to be part of us. That is why even though SOME of the immigrants are also involved in BH, we still can't disregard the ECOWAS protocol.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
DieeDiee:

Meaning ONE good economic year doesn't means Nigeria is suddenly the best economy in Africa!!! Sigh... How many times do you need it to be repeated? Such a statement is premature.

we did not have "just one good economic year" so, it is not sudden. We have been having good economic years since '99 and this is the 15th consecutive year. So what is "premature" about my statement, huh? In SA, a 15 year old boy can't impregnate a girl and that's why you call that duration of time premature, hmm, there is God oo.

Despite our re-basing, we are still growing at several paces your economy. I know this is a hard fact for you to live with, but i think you just grow a vaginar (since you said you are an F) to withstand the jab as info of us being the biggest economy on the continent pound it.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by DieeDiee: 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
This blog needs to be renamed Nigerians Who Hate (read: envy) SA. I joined yesterday hoping to have fun conversations like on other blogs but man, do Nigerians have issues. Its too pathetic it's quite hilarious. What happened, did you guys get deported or something?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In The G-20 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
DieeDiee:

At no point in time did I dispute Nigeria had a good economic year. What I question is the STATEMENT: "NIGERIA HAS THE BIGGEST/STRONGEST ECONOMY IN AFRICA" because ONE good economic year does not justify such a statement. I asked for proof and your very own proof states SA is an UPPER-MIDDLE class country while Nigeria is a LOWER-MIDDLE class country. This comes from your very own proof therefore you have failed to prove your own argument and instead managed to prove mine and ActivateKrugers.

my statement definitely proved the bone of contention in my favour. The bone of contention was: no reputable institution shows that we are the largest economy on the continent and you, @diedie, even said that the idea that Nigeria is largest comes from uninformed journalists who barely know what they are reporting.

Like i said, i don't the World bank very well on figure especially on Nigeria. We are certainly richer that the WB wants to put it. They got their "low miggle income" from carrying out some mathematical operations on our GDP figs and our entire population. But i already made it clear that Nigerians are largely in the informal sector. Not the formal sector! This means they are largely outside of the Govt's spending. How many times do you want me to repeat this to you in order to make you grab it. You are making me to think i am actually teaching you quantum mechanics!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dirty December In Philippine As Typhoon Phanfone Kills 28 People / Speaker Lindsay Hoyle And Kemi Badenoch Clash In The House Of Common (Video) / Man Points Gun At Argentine Vice President In Assassination Attempt (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.