Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,120 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True (40644 Views)

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop / Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? / Igbos That Cannot Speak Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Not always true butt mostly true.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Those pretty chicks though.

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by gratiaeo(m): 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
Igbo Amaka

7 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UnimkeAk(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Stereotypes ni, Misconceptions ko, it is true joor.

But I love the ibo tribe regardless and I'll marry me a fine as* light skinned ibo lady.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Kenai: 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
I'm done.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by kingjaja23(m): 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
#word.... stop the castigation
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 14, 2015

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by januzaj(m): 7:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
kkkk o
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Frankenstein: 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
gatiano:
I've witness the wholeworld analyse my Igbo brothers and sisters, and they found one problem prohibiting them from greatness. That is pride. Igbos are extremely wonderful people, but pride is their greatest and major enemy.
Nonsense!

5 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by gratiaeo(m): 7:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
ambassadorgozie:
I be omo Igbo..almost all ur points are true!
Ibughi Onye Igbo

4 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by gratiaeo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
looktwize:
Anambra people are proud,arrogant and simply annoying. FACT!
You speak like lazy man

9 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by datguru: 7:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
nakwe:
Igbo kwenu

Ya

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UGLYS: 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
What I know is that they are industrious people, every other thing said are applicable to all.

10 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by gratiaeo(m): 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
gatiano:
I've witness the wholeworld analyse my Igbo brothers and sisters, and they found one problem prohibiting them from greatness. That is pride. Igbos are extremely wonderful people, but pride is their greatest and major enemy.
Hogwash

3 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by larrymoore(m): 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
That some igbo ppl feed on human flesh, that some worship oku esu- devil, fact or fallacy?
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nnå 5 bottles of orijin 4 u jare cheesy grin

#proudlyIGBO cool

3 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by diasporaman(m): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
You forgot to mention the three wise men that visited Jesus Christ.

Don't you know that they were from the east. Typical Igbo men.

I'm proud to be a Benjamite. Same tribe with the Isreali PM Benjamin Nantenyahu

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UnknownT: 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
That Nollywood ritual money is turning to another thing. Even a 21st century movie still has such storyline.

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UGLYS: 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:
Many of them are tribalistic. Wonder why...

So annoying and unnecessary.

Annoying girl, get yourself an IGBO dude and watch him adore you all the rest of your life.

You be real caracta

What makes them tribalistic? Perhaps I have a clue. When you discuss with your friends freely in your mother tongue and an Igbo spots another and says "Nna kedu", he becomes tribalistic.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by omenziate(m): 7:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
Fuckkkk the stereotype, proud igbo boy and if i ever come back to this cold world, i'll either be an eagle or an igbo man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
3. Igbos Are Excessive Migrants
Many people believe that more than half of
Nigerians in the Diaspora are Igbos but that is not
actually true. Though many Igbos allegedly
dispersed to overseas after the Civil War but Igbos
actually prefer to stay In-broad than to stay A-
broad.

@op this number 3 is nothing but the truth about Igbos. Igbos are everywhere oooo, North, South, East and west.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Caracta, I think it's only on nairaland.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by DukeNija(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

And the Yoruba's and Hausa's are not tribalistic? Infact, for making this comment, you are a tribalist!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Funjosh(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lie! lipsrsealed

tobechi74:
Igbos are the most hardworking group in nigeria
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by steppin: 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Mumu! Your acute memory loss has turned to 'stewpidity'.
You keep on piling useless posts(13,000 plus). If you had nothing better to say, why post?

16 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by kr0ne(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Igbo mmamma nu o! lipsrsealed proudly Imo

6 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 7:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
softysparky:

Caracta, I think it's only on nairaland.

The ones on Nairaland are also Nigerians out there. Just see the piles of hate showered on my post already. Just as expected.

Na real wa.

*grabs popcorn*
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Opiosko: 7:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Did ur ex leave u for an Igbo babe? Sorry, better luck next time.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
CaptainOjemba nwa onye Igbo, onye isi nkuka, nwa Isu Awa, nwa Aba. In my next world God please make me an Igbo man. Igbo bu ndi omenala

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
steppin:

Mumu! Your acute memory loss has turned to 'stewpidity'.
You keep on piling useless posts(13,000 plus). If you had nothing better to say, why post?

So touchy. Very typical. Who stole your biscuit? Child, don't blow your keypads up because of me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / Ahmed Dahiru Zungeru Is Dead (Seriki Hausa Of Ibadanland) / A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.