Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True (40654 Views)

5 Igbo Stereotypes Every Nigerian Must Drop / Is This Always True Abt The Binis?? / Igbos That Cannot Speak Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
saintneo:

That's why I said SOME. LOL! grin cheesy grin
You never know what might happen in mba5, they might surprise us one day.

Those people Hain!!, Their sense be like all the other igbo man sense join together!
You no fit chop them grin cheesy grin
They are hospitable people sha!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by xordik(m): 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
The list is not complete withouth mentioning that....
1 they too dey eat leaves sotey dem livestock dey follow papa SHINYERE fight over ugwu~

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
adusim:

This is not entirely false. Many people from Anambra are uneducated, illiterate traders who have no desire for education or acquiring knowledge, a rather disgraceful state of play.
The Anambra u talk are one of the most educated people in Igbo land and nigeria, Ben Akubueze commissioner for planning in lagos, Soludo etc is there any field you will not see them? When it comes to billionaires, the are no 1 in nigeria.so takes your mumu talk off here.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
Kenai:

Cougar alert!

Lol...funny.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

As I came across your post, I started laughing, lol, But steppin no gree lol.. it's just beginning, make all the main market Nairaland igbos return, that your post go cause war grin cheesy grin

Can't wait to receive them. I need something to keep me awake actually and I don't want to read any book. cheesy

But na wa o...hian.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by xordik(m): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
2) Na dem b d no.1 prob wey nigeria get....shameless chest-beaters dem go claim say na dem get resources pass nd if SHiBUzoor no komot Otuoke im neva travel....Who fit beat chest pass btw a yeeboo boi nd a Gorilla i neva kmw....SHidinma kom show me ur mst coveted talent

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
seyigiggle:
I repeat. they are dirty people and have pride. also, the op forgot to mention that only about 40% have a minimum of secondary education
statistics over the years has proven that we are ahead of your people educationally, just ask waec,jamb etc not that retrogressive opon imo that made oshun shildren took 24th position in waec, Imagine people that started allover in 1970 after the so called uncivil war are ahead of you, Imagine a yorlluba man or woman saying that Igbos are dirty? shaking my head for you.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ylobawomen are dirty, they use foam or ankara pieces as menstrual pad, they bleach and have fake eyelashes, the shed tatts and pierce their mouth and eyelids

God forBidDDDdddddd any Igboman that have anything to do with a yolobawoman who lack economic and cultural values, they lack personal and communal hygiene and doesn't know how to cook

6 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yorubas are the most educated tribe in Nigeria, and the yorubas dominate the music industry more than the igbo, the igbos dominate the movie industry more, are very creative and very educated too, we need each other, no one is better than the other # God bless Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Princesschi(f): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
ernieboy:

hospitable ke? The igbos are the most hostile and inhospitable people i have seen

ehya.... Ur opinion still doesnt change who we are.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 8:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Can't wait to receive them. I need something to keep me awake actually and I don't want to read any book. cheesy

But na wa o...hian.

But it's not just igbo, I think every Tribe especially their Men are defensive of snappy remarks about their tribe! grin cheesy

If too say no be you talk that thing, I for post my own epistle of bad mouthing for the person, NL for dey shake now! grin cheesy

Awake you will be soon!

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by xordik(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ylobawomen are dirty, they use foam or ankara pieces as menstrual pad, they bleach and have fake eyelashes, the shed tatts and pierce their mouth and eyelids

God forBidDDDdddddd any Igboman that have anything to do with a yolobawoman who lack economic and cultural values, they lack personal and communal hygiene and doesn't know how to cook
Werey Ore....
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammyblake:
Yorubas are the most educated tribe in Nigeria, and the yorubas dominate the music industry more than the igbo, the igbos dominate the movie industry more, are very creative and very educated too, we need each other, no one is better than the other # God bless Nigeria

Are you trying to say the HAUSAS ain't important
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

But it's not just igbo, I think every Tribe especially their Men are defensive of snappy remarks about their tribe! grin cheesy

If too say no be you talk that thing, I for post my own epistle of bad mouthing for the person, NL for dey shake now! grin cheesy

Awake you will be soon!

It's really unnecessary just as I pointed out. When people say good or bad things about me or my tribe...they must definitely have a reason. I try to find out the reason and also find a way to get better. That's how life should be rather than judge and crucify them. Everybody cannot like you or your tribe or your religion or your social values. We are where we are today because we place priorities on petty and irrelevant things.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

It's really unnecessary just as I pointed out. When people say good or bad things about me or my tribe...they must definitely have a reason. I try to find out the reason and also find a way to get better. That's how life should be rather than judge and crucify them. Everybody cannot like you or your tribe or your religion or your social values. We are where we are today because we place priorities on petty and irrelevant things.

#So True!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
Bros what does a yolobaman know talkless of a yolobaman that is only thinking of how to phuck around make little money and buy eyelashes and bleaching cream,

Do you know a pack of Indomie and Pepsi can fetchh you a wife in yolobaland because they are gluttonous and longthroat.

I will rather turn gay than marry a yolobawoman

CaptainOjemba:
The Anambra u talk are one of the most educated people in Igbo land and nigeria, Ben Akubueze commissioner for planning in lagos, Soludo etc is there any field you will not see them? When it comes to billionaires, the are no 1 in nigeria.so takes your mumu talk off here.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by kslay28: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
YORUBA'S are the most triabalistic human beings on planet earth. In 2013 i was employed in a multinational company at Ikeja by a South African expatriate. Due to my academic background, I was placed on the rank of a PM (Process Manager). i was the only Igbo in the mist of over 11 Yoruba people on the rank of a PM. I lost the job immediately the South African was transferred to Ibadan. My only 'interpreter' a yoruba IT student kept telling me the nasty things they were discussing about me. The Yoruba's really frustrated my life then ehnn.. even when i tried to be loyal and humble as a dove, they made sure i was kicked out and replaced by another Yoruba. But i hold no grudge against any ethnic group or human in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by GodMode: 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
abbey621:
Any tribe has it's good and bad characteristics, what makes up for it is your own individual personality, if you have a great personality you'll go far in life, if you have a bad one then people might be afraid to associate with you. If we all can view ourselves according to the following hierarchy then we would all get along:

1: Human
2: Race
3: Ethnicity
4: Religion

4 is less important than 3, 3 is less important than 2 and 2 doesn't matter as long as we understand 1; we are all human beings, no life is more important than the other. Stop bigotry, stop tribalism and embrace humanity!

People can't see themselves 100% as humans because other people are doing inhumane things to other humans...

People need to respect and tolerate other people's culture and stop evangelism.. That's the only way there can be peace.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by oliidell(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Lol @ your last paragraph.

Finally someone with a good head. No hope is lost after all. Nigerians get agitated over certain issues. I wanted to prove a point and I got it.

Yes, not all of them. In fact, 60% of my friends are Igbos. I love them fiercely. I've had unpleasant encounters as well...just with other tribes.

Thought the tribal issue was just on NL but I've had so many unpleasant issues. Note I didn't say all of them...

But really why do people want to die over religious and tribal issues? Why cant we just be Nigerians? I've asked that question many times.

See the level of hatred on just a line of comment? The change is not about Buhari or GEJ, it's about all of us.

Thank you for your REASONABLE comment.

Yw...60% wao! U sure live up to your moniker..lol. Yes u are absolutely right. The change is about us. We always put tribe and religion before reason. Nigerians are actually good people but the division on so many lines is hindering our collective progress as a Nation. One thing iv discovered by association is that we are basically the same (talking of the average Nigerian). I have friends from evry part of the country and we relate very well despite our ethnic and religious differences. Formal Education and exposure should equip us to let go of whatever happened in the past and learn to accept each other as man and woman first before colour, race, religion and other distractions set in.

Caracta, u r very reasonable and u r not afraid to speak ur mind. Invaluable traits.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Weah96: 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wait, did the OP just say that girls aren't into money nowadays, or just Igbo girls? .

I must be going mad.
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

Are you trying to say the HAUSAS ain't important
they are. ... I'm just placing my emphasis on the yorubas and igbos since they like tribalising against each other
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by kslay28: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
YORUBA'S are the most triabalistic human beings on planet earth. In 2013 I was employed in a multinational company at Ikeja by a South African expatriate. Due to my academic background, I was placed on the rank of a PM (Process Manager). I was the only Igbo in the mist of over 11 Yoruba people. I lost the job immediately the South African was transferred to Ibadan. My only 'interpreter' a Yoruba IT student kept telling me the nasty things they were discussing about me. The Yoruba's really frustrated my life then ehnn.. even when I tried to be loyal and humble as a dove, they made sure I was kicked out and replaced by another Yoruba. But I hold no grudge against any ethnic group or human in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by UGLYS: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

Lol @ your last paragraph.

Finally someone with a good head. No hope is lost after all. Nigerians get agitated over certain issues. I wanted to prove a point and I got it.

Yes, not all of them. In fact, 60% of my friends are Igbos. I love them fiercely. I've had unpleasant encounters as well...just with other tribes.

Thought the tribal issue was just on NL but I've had so many unpleasant issues. Note I didn't say all of them...

But really why do people want to die over religious and tribal issues? Why cant we just be Nigerians? I've asked that question many times.

See the level of hatred on just a line of comment? The change is not about Buhari or GEJ, it's about all of us.

Thank you for your REASONABLE comment.

Keep deceiving yourself. You made an inflammatory statement, you got served and you are claiming you were tryna prove a point. The word "Many" is offensive and highly dubious.

Next time, know your intentions before posting. And retain the 60% of your igbo friends, they will be handy throughout your lifespan on this beautiful earth.

9 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Bros what does a yolobaman know talkless of a yolobaman that is only thinking of how to phuck around make little money and buy eyelashes and bleaching cream,

Do you know a pack of Indomie and Pepsi can fetchh you a wife in yolobaland because they are gluttonous and longthroat.

Destroyer of the cone heads!

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
oliidell:

Yw...60% wao! U sure live up to your moniker..lol. Yes u are absolutely right. The change is about us. We always put tribe and religion before reason. Nigerians are actually good people but the division on so many lines is hindering our collective progress as a Nation. One thing iv discovered by association is that we are basically the same (talking of the average Nigerian). I have friends from evry part of the country and we relate very well despite our ethnic and religious differences. Formal Education and exposure should equip us to let go of whatever happened in the past and learn to accept each other as man and woman first before colour, race, religion and other distractions set in.

Caracta, u r very reasonable and u r not afraid to speak ur mind. Invaluable traits.

Slow down, Infact Halt, she is already Taken.. Eehya tongue
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by xordik(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Wasted Useless Yeeboo sperm so much 4 a person dat spent d mst of hiz misreable life phucking a mee-maaw( wild cat) he call Shidinma....i'd rather turn catholic than marry a wild cat....Igbo girl
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammyblake:
they are. ... I'm just placing my emphasis on the yorubas and igbos since they like tribalising against each other

No mind, I was only looking for Drama grin
I understood you perfectly!
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

No mind, I was only looking for Drama grin
I understood you perfectly!
grin
Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sammyblake:
who told you that you are the most educated tribe in naija? I respect yorubas and have them as friends too, but am always careful dealing with them, cos they can buy favor ontop ur head.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
oliidell:

Thank you.

*blushes in different shades and colours*

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by Caracta(f): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisviral:

Slow down, Infact Halt, she is already Taken.. Eehya tongue

Lol. Gerrout jor. tongue

1 Like

Re: 7 Stereotypes Of Igbos That Aren’t Always True by chrisviral(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
xordik:
Wasted Useless Yeeboo sperm so much 4 a person dat spent d mst of hiz misreable life phucking a mee-maaw( wild cat) he call Shidinma....i'd rather turn catholic than marry a wild cat....Igbo girl

Hey brother Kunle, it's not shidinma, it's Chidimma, stop spoiling my kid sisters name, you make it sound like shendam! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Arrives Onitsha For The Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival- PICTURES / Ahmed Dahiru Zungeru Is Dead (Seriki Hausa Of Ibadanland) / A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.