Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? (5698 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / Even If God Existed / The God Question: There Was/is God Vs God Existed/exists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 8:35am On Nov 15, 2014
Weah96:

I believe in Jesus as much as you. Hahaha. The man told you that his true believers will perform even greater wonders in his name than he, and you're still here lying about believing in him.

Every time you call yourself a follower of Jesus, it's like a direct insult. You're calling Jesus a LIAR.
let me say this for the last time.

Prayer work,God alow evil to exist for human to have the option to love or hate God,AS LONG AS GOD ALLOW EVIL TO EXIST,WORLD PEACE IS NOT BE AMOUNG WILL OF GOD.bible advice us to make peace with God.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Weah96: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
let me say this for the last time.

Prayer work,God alow evil to exist for human to have the option to love or hate God,AS LONG AS GOD ALLOW EVIL TO EXIST,WORLD PEACE IS NOT BE AMOUNG WILL OF GOD.bible advice us to make peace with God.

This makes no sense. God doesn't like PEACE? Or must we die FIRST before finding peace?
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
Weah96:

This makes no sense. God doesn't like PEACE? Or must we die FIRST before finding peace?
what do you know about the will of God? Can there be peace when evil is presence?the peacefull world man pray for is not in this life.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Weah96: 4:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
malvisguy212:
what do you know about the will of God? Can there be peace when evil is presence?the peacefull world man pray for is not in this life.

Greedy gut. One life is not enough for you, you must convince yourself that there's an extra one waiting for dead bodies. Hahaha.

Suit yourself.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 7:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Weah96:

Greedy gut. One life is not enough for you, you must convince yourself that there's an extra one waiting for dead bodies. Hahaha.

Suit yourself.
thank you for your time.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 8:41am On Dec 28, 2014
malvisguy212:
Atheists claim that the absence of world peace indicates that God does not exist, since it would be obvious that He would grant world peace in request to sincere prayers in this regard. Superficially, it would seem that world peace would be a good thing - something that one would expect to fall within the will of a good God.they say,since God called everything he created good,there has to be world peace,The next statement indicates that a perfect, loving God must create ä universe that is perfect. This is the statement that is false
and invalidates the argument. Nowhere does the Bible state that the universe was created to be perfect. God Himself called it "good" and "very good," but never "perfect."

The question is, dos God want world peace?.However surprising as it may seem, world peace is not part of the will of God. In fact, Jesus said that His coming would cause division instead
of peace:
"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no,
but rather division; for from now on five members in one
household will be divided, three against two, and two against
three. They will be divided, father against son, and son against
father; mother against daughter, and daughter against mother;
mother-in-law against daughter- in-law, and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law." (Luke 12:51-53)

GOD WANTED YOU TO MAKE SPIRITUAL CHOICE.
God's main goal in creating the universe in which we live was not to
make a perfect place for people to live in. God's objective was to create
a temporary universe in which free will spiritual beings could make
spiritual choices. God's plan for the universe is to allow a large number of these spiritual beings (both angels and humans) to choose to spend eternity with Him. At the appointed time, God will call an end to the present universe and judge those who reject His invitation. That is the reason that we are here. We are to choose to love or oppose God. As Jesus said above, at least half of the people
will CHOOSE TO OPPOSE GOD AND TO OPPOSE THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW HIM.

SPIRITUAL CHOICES CAUSED WORLD DIVISION:
Jesus said that the division between His followers and those who
oppose Him will widen as time goes on:
"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you
will be hated by all nations on account of My name." (Matthew 24:9)
So, the reason why there is no world peace is because most people
have chosen to oppose God and do their own thing. Jesus said that
God will allow this unrighteousness to continue for quite a while,
then bring a quick end to the persecution of the righteous:
"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred
since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall. And
unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been
saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut
short." (Matthew 24:21-22)
It is at this time that God will judge the world and the unrighteous.
Following this, God will destroy the universe and create a brand new one.

GOD'S CONCEPT OF PEACE:
Jesus, the Prince of Peace, did not come to give peace to the world,
but to give peace with God to the individual:
Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1) This peace comes through repentance. Unfortunately, many people do
not know what true repentance means. Here is Thayer's Greek
definition of the word translated "repent":
1. to change one’s mind, i.e. to
repent
2. to change one’s mind for
better, heartily to amend
with abhorrence of one’s
past sins.

So, repentance is not simply saying a prayer and going along with
one's own idea of what is right. It is believing God and responding in that belief. The Bible states quite emphatically that individuals come to repentance, which leads to salvation. Of the many verses in the Bible that refer to the will of God, they all refer to the will of God in the life of the individual, not in regard to any kind of global effort. The Bible makes it clear that the goal of God is peace with individuals, and the He desires that all people come to this peace: This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who
desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the
truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and
men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:3-5)

Choose God - don't go along with the crowd If you live to see the time of the end, remember what Jesus said. It will
seem that things are going quite well for unbelievers as the people of God are silenced by those who hate Him. When this occurs, there will be little time to choose to follow God and the choice will be difficult. However, it will be the only choice that will prevent you from being eternally separated from God and His home - heaven. Life is all about choices. God wants you to follow Jesus. I am not talking about becoming some right wing freak, just about following Jesus. Do the right thing!
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 7:12am On Jan 09, 2015
malvisguy212:

God grants prayers done in the "name of Jesus." "And whatever
you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified
in the Son." (John 14:13) This does not mean that all prayers ending in
the words "in Jesus name" will be granted - but only those that
glorify the Father.sadly, in a world were people's are to make Spiritual
choices causes world division,not everyone will agree with your spiritual the choice you make.they wont glorified the father.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Acekidc4(m): 8:51am On Jan 09, 2015
finofaya:

Do you have a dead body that you want to re-animate? Dead bodies have been raised (I don't mean elevated) before, you can use that as proof of concept.

The point I'm trying to make is that granting every prayer, even seemingly innocuous ones like raising ONE person from the dead, will lead to earth becoming Utopia. If God allows it, with enough time we will pray away every ill affecting mankind. What then are we to do with heaven, when we have everything we need here?

So some prayers have to be refused, no matter how innocent or altruistic.

Can u hear urself rite nw!! Dis is d most Ridiculously statement I ve ever heard in a long time!! Am a Christian bt wat u just spew out is just Total Nonsense!!!
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by finofaya: 10:05am On Jan 09, 2015
Acekidc4:

Can u hear urself rite nw!! Dis is d most Ridiculously statement I ve ever heard in a long time!! Am a Christian bt wat u just spew out is just Total Nonsense!!!

Is it? Heaven and Earth can't be the same. One must be better and the other worse.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2015
lalasticlala.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by truthman2012(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
God grants prayers done in the "name of Jesus." "And whatever
you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified
in the Son." (John 14:13) This does not mean that all prayers ending in the words "in Jesus name" will be granted - but only those that
glorify the Father.sadly, in a world were people's are to make Spiritual choices causes world division,not everyone will agree with your spiritual the choice you make.they wont glorified the father.

Only prayers that glorify the Father.

Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
truthman2012:

Only prayers that glorify the Father.

Nice one.
happy Sunday.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by truthman2012(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
happy Sunday.

Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by plaetton: 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
finofaya:
@ OP, the atheists truly made another mistake. Heaven is the place where there is no pain and suffering, not Earth. Earth MUST have pain and suffering or else it will not be different from heaven and then heaven will be unnecessary.

As a result, prayer is a selfish thing in this world. Somebody has to suffer; why should it be the next person and not you? Anyway, the main reason it seems like prayer goes unanswered is because there must be suffering on Earth. You are right, this world is not more than 'good'.

Pls tell these folks who don't even know or are ever sure of what they believe. One day they believe this, the next day they believe that, even though both may contradict each other.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by plaetton: 5:09pm On Jan 18, 2015
@op
Big Lol.

Pls, in the eyes of a perfect omni omni god, what is the difference between GOOD and PERFECT?

Still laughing out loud.

Now, are you saying that god can make something and pronounce it good, but under closer scrutiny that thing would not be perfect ?

He he he he he grin grin grin

I am glad that you said it , and not me.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2015
plaetton:
@op
Big Lol.

Pls, in the eyes of a perfect omni omni god, what is the difference between GOOD and PERFECT?

Still laughing out loud.

Now, are you saying that god can make something and pronounce it good, but under closer scrutiny that thing would not be perfect ?

He he he he he grin grin grin

I am glad that you said it , and not me.
if you read the op, you will understand my points, in a world were humans are to make a moral choice,is it possible to live in peace?God will not interferes with the choice you made.

God called everything he created good,God only advice us to be perfect like our heavenly father is.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by plaetton: 6:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you read the op, you will understand my points, in a world were humans are to make a moral choice,is it possible to live in peace?God will not interferes with the choice you made.

God called everything he created good,God only advice us to be perfect like our heavenly father is.

I am still laughing.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
Atheists claim that the absence of world peace indicates that God does not exist, since it would be obvious that He would grant world peace in request to sincere prayers in this regard. Superficially, it would seem that world peace would be a good thing - something that one would expect to fall within the will of a good God.they say,since God called everything he created good,there has to be world peace,The next statement indicates that a perfect, loving God must create ä universe that is perfect. This is the statement that is false
and invalidates the argument. Nowhere does the Bible state that the universe was created to be perfect. God Himself called it "good" and "very good," but never "perfect."

The question is, dos God want world peace?.However surprising as it may seem, world peace is not part of the will of God. In fact, Jesus said that His coming would cause division instead
of peace:
"Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no,
but rather division; for from now on five members in one
household will be divided, three against two, and two against
three. They will be divided, father against son, and son against
father; mother against daughter, and daughter against mother;
mother-in-law against daughter- in-law, and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law." (Luke 12:51-53)

GOD WANTED YOU TO MAKE SPIRITUAL CHOICE.
God's main goal in creating the universe in which we live was not to
make a perfect place for people to live in. God's objective was to create
a temporary universe in which free will spiritual beings could make
spiritual choices. God's plan for the universe is to allow a large number of these spiritual beings (both angels and humans) to choose to spend eternity with Him. At the appointed time, God will call an end to the present universe and judge those who reject His invitation. That is the reason that we are here. We are to choose to love or oppose God. As Jesus said above, at least half of the people
will CHOOSE TO OPPOSE GOD AND TO OPPOSE THE PEOPLE WHO FOLLOW HIM.

SPIRITUAL CHOICES CAUSED WORLD DIVISION:
Jesus said that the division between His followers and those who
oppose Him will widen as time goes on:
"Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you
will be hated by all nations on account of My name." (Matthew 24:9)
So, the reason why there is no world peace is because most people
have chosen to oppose God and do their own thing. Jesus said that
God will allow this unrighteousness to continue for quite a while,
then bring a quick end to the persecution of the righteous:
"For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred
since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever shall. And
unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been
saved; but for the sake of the elect those days shall be cut
short." (Matthew 24:21-22)
It is at this time that God will judge the world and the unrighteous.
Following this, God will destroy the universe and create a brand new one.

GOD'S CONCEPT OF PEACE:
Jesus, the Prince of Peace, did not come to give peace to the world,
but to give peace with God to the individual:
Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:1) This peace comes through repentance. Unfortunately, many people do
not know what true repentance means. Here is Thayer's Greek
definition of the word translated "repent":
1. to change one’s mind, i.e. to
repent
2. to change one’s mind for
better, heartily to amend
with abhorrence of one’s
past sins.

So, repentance is not simply saying a prayer and going along with
one's own idea of what is right. It is believing God and responding in that belief. The Bible states quite emphatically that individuals come to repentance, which leads to salvation. Of the many verses in the Bible that refer to the will of God, they all refer to the will of God in the life of the individual, not in regard to any kind of global effort. The Bible makes it clear that the goal of God is peace with individuals, and the He desires that all people come to this peace: This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who
desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the
truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and
men, the man Christ Jesus, (1 Timothy 2:3-5)

Choose God - don't go along with the crowd If you live to see the time of the end, remember what Jesus said. It will
seem that things are going quite well for unbelievers as the people of God are silenced by those who hate Him. When this occurs, there will be little time to choose to follow God and the choice will be difficult. However, it will be the only choice that will prevent you from being eternally separated from God and His home - heaven. Life is all about choices. God wants you to follow Jesus. I am not talking about becoming some right wing freak, just about following Jesus. Do the right thing!
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 10:22pm On May 28, 2015
O
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by oaroloye(m): 3:34am On Jan 02, 2020
SHALOM!

Atheists say that they don't need God to live "Moral" lives.

YAHWEH GOD is not concerned with "morals;" He has Commanded RIGHTEOUSNESS.

. MATTHEW 5:38-48.

38. "Ye have heard
that it hath been said,

'AN EYE FOR AN EYE,
AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.'

39. "But I Say unto you,

'THAT YE
RESIST NOT EVIL:
BUT WHOSOEVER
SHALL SMITE THEE
ON THY RIGHT CHEEK,
TURN TO HIM
THE OTHER ALSO.'

40. "And if any man
will sue thee at The Law,
and take away thy coat,
let him have (thy) cloke also.
41. "And whosoever shall
compel thee to go a mile,
go with him twain.
42. "Give to him
that asketh thee,
and from him
that would borrow of thee
turn not thou away.
43. "Ye have heard
that it hath been said,

'THOU SHALT LOVE
THY NEIGHBOUR
AND HATE
THINE ENEMY.'

44. "But I Say unto you,

'LOVE YOUR ENEMIES,
BLESS THEM THAT
CURSE YOU,
DO GOOD TO THEM
THAT HATE YOU,
AND PRAY FOR THEM
WHICH DESPITEFULLY
USE YOU
AND PERSECUTE YOU.'

45. "That ye may be
the Children of your Father
Which is in Heaven:
for He maketh His Sun
to rise on the Evil
and on the Good,
and sendeth Rain
on the Just
and on the Unjust.
46. "For if ye love them
which love you,
what Reward have ye?
Do not even the Publicans
the same?
47. "And if ye salute
your Brethren only,
what do ye
more (than others)
Do not even
the Publicans so?
48. "Be ye therefore Perfect,
even as your Father
Which is in Heaven
is Perfect."

THESE ARE GOD'S COMMANDMENTS FOR LIVING AMONGST SINNERS.

Most "Christians" would probably quit, if they had it "mansplained" to them, that THIS is the ONLY WAY to be a Christian.

Who would live that Way, when they weren't Christians?

If people wanted to wage war, and were prevented from doing so by Prayer, WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP?

None of these Atheists seems to have thought that far.

How would they live in such a World where Prayer was used to abolish War?

Did they think that we would just stop there?
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Nobody: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2020
plaetton:

I am still laughing.
grin

Genesis 1:31

What that Bible book means is
"God viewed what he made and everything was PERFECT"

The issue here is the freewill!

Jesus said "you must be PERFECT just as your heavenly father (God) is PERFECT" Matthew 5:48

God's perfection doesn't implies that he couldn't CHOOSE to do evil!

But because he exercises total restraint as to doing what is evil, that's why he WON'T do it!

If provoked to the core he will show how powerful he is by destroying anything standing in his way not to achieve his aim, and to a lay man such destructive actions may be termed as EVIL, whereas he did it out of LOVE for those who CHOOSE to be OBEDIENT! 2Chronicles 16:9

He has made enough creatures living on instinct, he won't add humans to such type so any of Adam's descendants who unrepentantly CHOOSE to continue doing evil, he will disown as bastards and return them to the dust just like Adam! Deuteronomy 32:5, Genesis 3:17-19

Thanks!
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by plaetton: 4:19pm On Jan 02, 2020
Maximus69:

Genesis 1:31

What that Bible book means is
"God viewed what he made and everything was PERFECT"

The issue here is the freewill!

Jesus said "you must be PERFECT just as your heavenly father (God) is PERFECT" Matthew 5:48

God's perfection doesn't implies that he couldn't CHOOSE to do evil!

But because he exercises total restraint as to doing what is evil, that's why he WON'T do it!

If provoked to the core he will show how powerful he is by destroying anything standing in his way not to achieve his aim, and to a lay man such destructive actions may be termed as EVIL, whereas he did it out of LOVE for those who CHOOSE to be OBEDIENT! 2Chronicles 16:9

He has made enough creatures living on instinct, he won't add humans to such type so any of Adam's descendants who unrepentantly CHOOSE to continue doing evil, he will disown as bastards and return them to the dust just like Adam! Deuteronomy 32:5, Genesis 3:17-19

Thanks!

lol.

And I assume that you have taken your time to psycho-analyze god, and have come to these conclusions about what god thinks and why he supposedly acts or does not act. grin grin grin grin

I don't blame you though.
' Make it up as you go' is the name of the game, and the MO of the god delusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2020
plaetton:

lol.

And I assume that you have taken your time to psycho-analyze god, and have come to these conclusions about what god thinks and why he supposedly acts or does not act. grin grin grin grin

I don't blame you though.
' Make it up as you go' is the name of the game, and the MO of the god delusion.

The problem all ATHEISTS have is misinformed religionists who interpreted the Bible to them in the past!

According to the stories narrated, actions and reactions of the character bearing the title God in the Bible. He NEVER presented himself as ALL KNOWING!
He made things living and non living, the living are in varieties, some are moving others are stationed, all moving live on instinct except a pair created to be intelligent, this intelligent creatures he related with as his children on planet earth and handed everything to this pair to take charge. He later said about the intelligent creatures "I regretted i made you" Genesis 6:7

From the look of things, does he seem like a know all? undecided

Well it's misinformed religionists whose thoughts are motivated by Credulity, and the will to push their ideas forward in order to delude and dominate their fellowman with false hope of what will never happen, that passed around lies giving the author of the Bible various deceptive titles like
OMNI this OMNI that, he NEVER presented himself like that! undecided

For us to fully grasp what he himself meant by the title he gave himself, he labeled creatures he himself made as "God" {Exodus 7:1, Psalms 82:1,6} His first and foremost creature was also called "God" and it's evident from what this son of his said with his own mouth that he(the son) don't know some things the father keeps within himself! Act 1:7

So if you're trying to reason with someone, {Isaiah 1:18} do so in line with what he told you about himself, NOT what misinformed informants told you!
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by plaetton: 9:52pm On Jan 02, 2020
Maximus69:

The problem all ATHEISTS have is misinformed religionists who interpreted the Bible to them in the past!

According to the stories narrated, actions and reactions of the character bearing the title God in the Bible. He NEVER presented himself as ALL KNOWING!
He made things living and non living, the living are in varieties, some are moving others are stationed, all moving live on instinct except a pair created to be intelligent, this intelligent creatures he related with as his children on planet earth and handed everything to this pair to take charge. He later said about the intelligent creatures "I regretted i made you" Genesis 6:7

From the look of things, does he seem like a know all? undecided

That an
Well it's misinformed religionists whose thoughts are motivated by Credulity, and the will to push their ideas forward in order to delude and dominate their fellowman with false hope of what will never happen, that passed around lies giving the author of the Bible various deceptive titles like
OMNI this OMNI that, he NEVER presented himself like that! undecided

For us to fully grasp what he himself meant by the title he gave himself, he labeled creatures he himself made as "God" {Exodus 7:1, Psalms 82:1,6} His first and foremost creature was also called "God" and it's evident from what this son of his said with his own mouth that he(the son) don't know some things the father keeps within himself! Act 1:7

So if you're trying to reason with someone, {Isaiah 1:18} do so in line with what he told you about himself, NOT what misinformed informants told you!

Oh Geesus ? shocked
All this mental rigmarole tire me .
Cascades of delusions , To prove what ?

You have just proved that god is a mentally created delusion, just like your fellow goddist that you'r trying to discredit.
You have just added your own salt and pepper to the endless cascades of delusions about the god that you created.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2020
plaetton:

Oh Geesus ? shocked

You have just proved that god is a mentally created delusion, just like your fellow goddist that you'r trying to discredit.
You have just added your own salt and pepper to the endless cascades of delusions about the god that you created.

Hmmmmmmmmm! smiley

Well i never create any God Sir, i only studied THE BOOK i found talking about God, just as you also must have studied some books in order to say one thing or another regarding what you discovered in those books!

If he existed or not is another topic, but i only analysed what i discovered from studying THE BOOK, just as you could have done the same to help me know what you discovered after a thorough study on some books Sir! smiley
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by sotall(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2020
malvisguy212:
your question has no answer,because no one know were it began,how the first ever ebola case strart,or you have any idea?someone must have made a choice in other for ebola to spread,for example, an hiv paitence because he contected hiv from someone, he choose to spread it. if you make peace with God, evil will not come to you.

Your analogy holds no water.

The people that died in earthquake and other natural disasters, which evil or sin did they commit?

In some of these disasters, children are killed.

You are here trying to justify evil with rejecting God. That's a terrible defense.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 7:19am On Jan 03, 2020
sotall:

Your analogy holds no water.

The people that died in earthquake and other natural disasters, which evil or sin did they commit?

In some of these disasters, children are killed.

You are here trying to justify evil with rejecting God. That's a terrible defense.
you atheists are something els, you are ready to defend abortion with all you"av got, but are ready to blame God for the dead of innocent children. what evil did that an innocent child commit that wll make the mother abort he or she ? reprobate mind you have got.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by malvisguy212: 7:27am On Jan 03, 2020
plaetton:

Oh Geesus ? shocked

you never still repent ? is there no evangelist in your area to knock your door every morning ?

happy new year sir plaetton . trust all is well ?
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by sotall(m): 7:29am On Jan 03, 2020
malvisguy212:
you atheists are something els, you are ready to defend abortion with all you"av got, but are ready to blame God for the dead of innocent children. what evil did that an innocent child commit that wll make the mother abort he or she ? reprobate mind you have got.

Stop going off point!

In all your posts here, you were trying to justify poverty, war, sickness , evil, with rejecting God.

That's a terrible defense. I have seen people whose life is all about God die terribly of sickness, accidents or other mishaps.
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 03, 2020
sotall:

Stop going off point!
In all your posts here, you were trying to justify poverty, war, sickness , evil, with rejecting God.
That's a terrible defense. I have seen people whose life is all about God die terribly of sickness, accidents or other mishaps.

The Bible's author (God) is simply saying

"What you people know now as life wasn't what i planned for you in the beginning, you are supposed to live FOREVER not for a period and expire"

The Bible recorded so many cases of faithful and loyal servants of God who never enjoyed life as we are thinking. God never cared about how old or what killed them because he has something better to give them "resurrection and the privilege to live FOREVER when there will be no evildoers" READ Job 14:14-15 compared to Psalms 37:7-9, 29

So whatever age any human die is nothing from God's standpoint because he NEVER purpose man to die in the first place! Isaiah 55:9
Adamic sin caused what we're experiencing now {Romans 5:12} and God will restructure the whole thing at his own time! Act 1:7

All what God is focusing now is the program commissioned by Jesus to educate humble and obedient humans to know
©Why we're here?
©Who brought us here?
©What caused all these troubles?
©Is this how it will ever be?
Jesus' TRUE followers are in your neighborhood to help you fetch answers to all these questions, if only you feel like knowing! smiley
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by sotall(m): 11:23am On Jan 03, 2020
Maximus69:

The Bible's author (God) is simply saying

"What you people know now as life wasn't what i planned for you in the beginning, you are supposed to live FOREVER not for a period and expire"

The Bible recorded so many cases of faithful and loyal servants of God who never enjoyed life as we are thinking. God never cared about how old or what killed them because he has something better to give them "resurrection and the privilege to live FOREVER when there will be no evildoers" READ Job 14:14-15 compared to Psalms 37:7-9, 29

So whatever age any human die is nothing from God's standpoint because he NEVER purpose man to die in the first place! Isaiah 55:9
Adamic sin caused what we're experiencing now {Romans 5:12} and God will restructure the whole thing at his own time! Act 1:7

All what God is focusing now is the program commissioned by Jesus to educate humble and obedient humans to know
©Why we're here?
©Who brought us here?
©What caused all these troubles?
©Is this how it will ever be?
Jesus' TRUE followers are in your neighborhood to help you fetch answers to all these questions, if only you feel like knowing! smiley

This looks more like fairy tales and Greek myths.

Natural disasters are part of the earth.
Volcanoes, Tornadoes, Earthquake have been happening even before the first man appeared on Earth.

So be sensible and stop equating those occurrences with Adam eating Apple grin
Re: Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 03, 2020
sotall:

This looks more like fairy tales and Greek myths.

Natural disasters are part of the earth.
Volcanoes, Tornadoes, Earthquake have been happening even before the first man appeared on Earth.

So be sensible and stop equating those occurrences with Adam eating Apple grin

That's exactly what i've been trying to say! cheesy

You have been studying fairy tales and Greek myths from infancy to the extent that you're able to link it to what i have studied in the Bible! undecided

That means we're both scholars from different faculties, but while i have gotten what it takes to unite people and give them a hope, your own study lives you fruitless and hopeless with nothing worthwhile to share! embarassed

So why not keep your hopelessness to yourself and leave we that's making good use of what we've got to benefit ourselves and others? Isaiah 48:17 compared to 1Timothy 4:16

Thanks Sir! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Importance Of Praising God? / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? / My Prophecy About The End Of Atheism Still Very Much On Course 3 Months Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.