Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me (67275 Views)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / Does Travelling Within Nigeria By Air Require Any Document / Describe Your First Trip By Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Rexnegro(m): 8:56am On Nov 15, 2014
contactmorak:
Please don't laugh at me, it's not like I can't afford it but I've just not been inside a plane before. I usually travel to other states in Nigeria by road. So this person has texted me tictet Ref Number for Arik Air to Abuja tomorrow, but I don't know what next to do. The time texted to me is 7:30am.
Pls if you have travelled by air, domestic flight before pls advise me. Didn't want to ask the person, so he doesn't feel embarrased. Pls this is urgent! When I get to the airport in the morning what shud I do? God bless.
Bro see ask if u need to o..no need to form anything , what u don't understand ask someone will put u tru...there's always a first time for someone . So why the trial of wanna be doing as if e don tey u don dey take flight.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Pavore9: 9:04am On Nov 15, 2014
Abba999:

Nai!!! I was only whispering your ear smiley
l don hear o! Make l go cook okpa whey l wan eat for breakfast.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by SenatorJames(m): 5:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
olukenzo:
OP, I love planes. I am going to someday, somehow fly one as an hobby of course.

There is nothing special in flying in a plane, IDK. The only somewhat quirky part is the take-off and descent/landing.

This was how I felt when I flew for the first time.

The plane has to taxi a little bit on the taxiway, moving from the terminal to the runway. You know, making all those boring bends and just moving at a slow pace for a while. I am always bored by this part. No excitement whatsoever! Speed was about, say, 20km/h.

Then it gets to the runway, it stops, the engines fire! and it becomes louder. Damn it, I love this part!!! cheesy It begins to move at blinding speed greater than 200Km/h. A force opposite the direction of motion of the plane pushes your head backwards...Ahhh adrenaline!!! cheesy

Just when you are about to cuum, it lifts off on you-- climbing. The tires get off the ground. It is at this stage that some bush people fomit tongue There is this momentary weightlessness, elevation. The tires leave the ground and the plane achieves altitude. There is a point here during ascent when it feels like the plane is falling, it is not, it is simply not climbing as steeply as before and/as there is "cutback" to reduce the thrust used to take-off. This part is a little fun too.

Cruise is boring, except if it is Amelica you are travelling to grin The plane changes altitude from time to time, the pilot as well will at some times tell you the altitude, speed, location and condition of the flight.

Descent and landing is not as exciting as take-off from the point of view of the passenger (I love watching planes land and take-off). The plane loses altitude gradually, gets on the runway with a screeching sound. The speed here too is WOW. You'll almost feel as if the plane is not gonna stop. It does stop, all the times I have flown lipsrsealed grin

Due to the time of your flight, you may have experienced some of these already. I wish you safe flight back.

/*****************Edit*****************/
The OP didnt make the flight. I feel like deleting my comment, mschewww.
Please don't delete it, because of we that enjoyed your dramatic illustration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
SenatorJames:
Please don't delete it, because of we that enjoyed your dramatic illustration.

My pleasure sir.
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2014
berem:
nops! You got it wrong,try harder!

It can't be eggheaders. That one can't even afford obele oche grin
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Ghost01(m): 6:15pm On Nov 15, 2014

1 Like

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by afton: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
Udehpaschal1:
Keep calm, there is no harm in asking questions... Whatsoever u dont understand, ask anybody around there
yea..Keep calm.. !!

1 Like

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Udehpaschal1(m): 9:31am On Nov 16, 2014
afton:

yea..Keep calm.. !!
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Obiwannn: 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
LaconicINC:
aero contractors 10k, book online

Abj to warri or Benin costs how much pls?
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Jack188: 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2014
Very good advice in the thread really.. But one of the most important things you have to keep in mind is that you should book a transfer from and to airport in advance. As for me, I used kiwitaxi.com service for such a purpose when is was travelling in France (this is an international service BTW). You have to do this in order to not be late for your plane when departing and to be able to get to the hotel as soon as possible. It is vital in travelling, as for me
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by Aliceluisa: 7:32am On May 28, 2017
Good morning. Please I need your advise, this is my first time of traveling to Italy.
Ticket was sent to me and I was asked to take it with me to the airport.
First what should I need to do, I have never traveled by air before.
Please help me and thanks
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by sonofaGod: 6:45pm On May 30, 2017
Aliceluisa:
Good morning. Please I need your advise, this is my first time of traveling to Italy.
Ticket was sent to me and I was asked to take it with me to the airport.
First what should I need to do, I have never traveled by air before.n
Please help me and thanks
there is no need to worry.go to the international wing of the airport at least 3hrs b4 departure time .immediately u get into the large hall,try to look for your airline stand where u will start your check in process by joining a queue.someone will access your documents there (international passport,visa and ticket).someone will also check your luggages (most international airline have a luggage limit size of 45kg so make sure your luggage doesn't exceed that b4 leaving home or you will have to pay for excess luggage with the airline).after this process, the airline will collect your luggage and then issue you your boarding ticket
Then u will proceed through immigration(they will stamp your passport),then proceed through security again including having body check,hand luggage check and body scan,then NDLEA etc .
After this step u then proceed to the waiting area where u will have to sit and wait till your airline announces time for departure
I hope this helps

5 Likes

Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by sticalmary: 6:33am On Oct 13, 2017
Re: I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me by winniecool68: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2019
Please help a first time traveller, I am pregnant and I want to travel from Abuja to Lagos and I will be going with my 3 years old daughter

Please I need help on how to get my ticket booking, and how to located the local wing of the airport and what to expect while I fly

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Appeal Or Reapply For France Schengen Visa / See this Hilarious "Road Bump" Spotted In Nigeria (pics) / Adelabu Street Surulere After A Heavy Rainfall Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.