Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi (29333 Views)

A Cheating Boyfriend, The Side-chic And The Jollof Rice.....a Must Read!....lol / Lady Finally Replies Me After I Asked Her A Question 2years Ago On Fb Chat. / The Wedding Night Sex - Naija Romance Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Naijasinglegirl: 7:38am On Nov 14, 2014
They told us Lilian's groom-to-be was one of those wealthy Mobil workers.
"My best friend's wedding would be the talk of town." Lilian's chief bridesmaid bragged.

All the big girls in school heard that and ran to queue for her expensive asoebi.
Rumours also had it the groomsmen were representatives of different oil companies. The best caterers in town had been hired for the wedding. I hurriedly used my hard earned money to buy 3 yards of her asoebi when I heard that.

Back then, I was a 400level student and working on my project took a toll on me. The wedding date escaped my memory because I was too busy to catch up with my girls for random gist. It didn't occur to me that Lilian's wedding was in 4 days time until my friend stormed my hostel with her already sewn asoebi.
Between requesting an express service from a tailor or making my hair, I settled for the later. When I saw the girls in my hostel looking good in their asoebi that Saturday morning, I had to cut a piece from my 3 yards to stylishly strut around the shoulder of my yellow dress so I wouldn't feel odd amongst them.

Let me make something clear at this point. Whenever I attend a wedding, Either or all of these four things take me there.
1. The people attending. E.g Lilian's chevron, shell and mobil groomsmen.
2. The excitement of the photos I'll take. This depends on how beautiful my hair or dress is.
3. My relationship with the couple. If you are family, I might grudgingly attend the church ceremony. Reason being, I unconsciously memorise marriage vows and that is one hell of an information that is completely worthless to me. If you are my distant friend, I'll attend your reception for no4 only.
4. THE WEDDING FOOD.

Its easy to tell no1 and no4 were taking me to Lilian's.
The problem was the venue for the matrimonial service and reception were one and the same place. It was difficult to reckon when the oil workers groomsmen would be outside briefly for photos before the reception starts and when refreshments would begin.
Good thing I bullied my two friends into affirming the wedding food was our utmost priority so we all waited till 1pm before leaving the hostel.
Surprisingly, the couple were yet to recite their marriage vows when we arrived at 2pm.
Fine! One more annoying marriage vow to memorise. I cursed silently.

It was almost 4pm and the matrimonial ceremony was still going on. There was nothing spectacular at the wedding as those in Lilian circle made us believe. Even some of the so-called oil workers looked more like fillings stations attendants. The pastor had diverted from the usual Adam and Eve story to preach on fornication. I cringed in my seat as I glanced at my wristwatch and the programme booklet for the umpteenth time. My friend whispered that its because Lilian was four months pregnant outside wedlock.

My impatience state had me lamenting, ''But pastor do our stomachs really have to pay for the sins of the couple?''

My sigh was audible when the reception finally began. We couldn't leave the hall to take photos with the couple for fear that we might lose our seats.
Due to the poor timing, they had to rush most of the items listed in the programme.

We were told to form a queue beside each canopy for the buffet. It seemed like we were not the only ones waiting for food as the whole place was thrown into a pandemonium.
Nigerians sure don’t know how to queue up for a buffet. They jump in line, push whoever is in the way and makes sure those serving attend to them before anyone else. I felt like stabbing the restless guy in front of me with the heel of my shoe or strangling him with the piece of aseobi on my shoulder.

My friends and I were among the first 20 in our queue but my joy was cut short when the MC instructed we all head back to our seats. The ushers were going to serve us there.

The new directive messed everything up. Some people had already gotten food at the buffet, some got food twice while some didn't and it was difficult to tell where they sat.
The ushers were not helping matters by serving in a scalar manner.

One of my friends got first. Fifteen minutes after, the second one got hers. Thirty minutes after, nothing for me yet.
Both of them were now giving each other that 'eeyah... I pity Naijasinglegirl sha' look. Occasionally they would glance at me and give me that 'sister, relax, you will eat in Jesus name' look.

"Should I remain my food for you?" One of my friend asked.

"NO!" I voiced out in anger.

Didn't know who to pour my frustration on. From the back row I sat, I tried to eye the bride with disgust but she wouldn't even look at me. I thought of taking off the small piece of asoebi from my neck to wave at her. After paying for your asoebi, no food abi? 419 wedding!

One of my 'bellyfull' friends had the guts to suggest we head outside to wait for the mobil groomsmen. How can I listen to any man on an empty stomach? I abused her with all the curses and swear words I learnt since 1914.
As the immigration officer of our  3- female clique, both of them had absolutely no right to go out without me. At that point only the wedding jollof rice mattered. LoL

Reality set in when people started leaving. Typically of Nigerian ceremonies, once they eat, they dump your ass there and then! Even the couple finished their 'feeding of the couple stuff' and they no longer gave a hoot about their guests...including me.

You've got to me strong gurllllll... You've seen worse. Don't dare cry. I consoled myself.

I was too preoccupied with hunger to notice my friend had gone over to the catering section to complain on my behalf.
Whatever she told them worked as one of them was seen heading towards my direction with a tray.

"Errrmmm...sorry oh. You should have struggled for food na. There's rice here but the chicken and meat we have left has been packed away by the bride's relatives. Would you mind the rice only?"

Emi? Eat leftover rice? I may be a beggar but I am a beggar with class and a damn good choice.

"Let's leave please." I motioned to my friends tearfully. I could sense a violent ulcer attack ready to strike me.
My friends began consoling me.
"Don't worry, we would try to seat at the front when next we attend a wedding."

"There won't be any next time!" I retorted angrily.

Maybe they've been, but that was the last time I wasted money on asoebi's that couldn't guarantee me trival benefits like the wedding jollof rice.

217 Likes 25 Shares

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Naijasinglegirl: 7:40am On Nov 14, 2014
End. You guys should visit http://www.naijasinglegirl.com sha

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by olagockay(m): 7:52am On Nov 14, 2014
Lmao!! Sowi ehn. Beta luck nxt tym.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by AfricanApple(f): 8:34am On Nov 14, 2014
grin grin
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by jnrprof(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2014
cheesy grin

One cardinal rule when attending an event: NEVER GO ON EMPTY STOMACH!!

80 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Houseofglam7(f): 8:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Buhahahahahaha......next time, chop for house

7 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 14, 2014
Chop for house before you go but then again how you no go chop party rice? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by femmy2010(m): 9:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Very funny piece.

4 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Naijasinglegirl: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2014
jnrprof:
cheesy grin

One cardinal rule when attending an event: NEVER GO ON EMPTY STOMACH!!
Lesson Learnt

3 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by mysticgal(f): 9:09am On Nov 14, 2014
My sister this stuff don happen to me before but not as painfull as ya own.so before going for any wedding ceremony,,definately not the church own but main reception,i eat at home or bring money,incase of story and then i leave my house early to get front seat at the reception hall.i hate the boring church ceremonies wella cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Mprex(f): 9:23am On Nov 14, 2014
Lols. Naijasinglegirl again!cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by adeyiga3(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2014
Looooooooooooool nice write up dear but una self ehn

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 14, 2014
FUNNY!
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by olu4life(m): 9:43am On Nov 14, 2014
This lady ehn... Ur stories cracks one up. Nice one dear

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by stinggy(m): 10:24am On Nov 14, 2014
LWKMD grin grin
Nice work naijasinglegirl

Omo, 'jollof inawo' is a very important issue oo. So many friends have turned enemies due to it. Worst part is that you bought aso-ebi, menhh dtz wickedness of high magnitude. Can't imagine myself coming to ur occasion and you won't serve me j.rice, our friendship don end b dt angry

11 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by corisande: 10:24am On Nov 14, 2014
grin cheesy
lmao!
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by lyly911(f): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2014
hahahahaha....this is interesting and at the same time very funny..lol
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by 2goodbobo(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Nice story and well constructed.

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Gboliwe: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2014
LWKMD grin grin grin grin Lord have mercy, this girl, the way you write is just so funny. Well done.

Sorry sha to dampen the spirit, in the spirit of laughter and happiness, please visit this thread and drop you widow's, widower's,orphan's, fatherless's or as much mite as you can drop. God bless you.
www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Nosyke(m): 11:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Funny Girl..great write up, impeccable use of sarcasm.............. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by StealthyMe(m): 11:13am On Nov 14, 2014
LoL...no vex grin
Shiiit happens

12 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Naijasinglegirl: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2014
Naijasinglegirl:
End.
you guys should visit http://www.naijasinglegirl.com sha
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by olashas(f): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2014
[/b]"Even some of the so-called oil workers looked more like fillings stations attendants"[b] grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by 100Cents: 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2014
Sorry, my wedding will be coming up soon. Your rice and goat meat is guaranteed..

But remember to buy asoebi first.

2 Likes

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by 100Cents: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
mysticgal:
My sister this stuff don happen to me before but not as painfull as ya own.so before going for any wedding ceremony,,definately not the church own but main reception,i eat at home or bring money,incase of story and then i leave my house early to get front seat at the reception hall.i hate the boring church ceremonies wella cool

Nah only food you sabi ?
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by passionate88: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2014
angry Na so e happen to me for my friend wedding... During the reception, the waiters go dey take orders, I sit down quietly o (as a cool quiet guy) na so dm ask wetin I go like to take (as person wey dey chop rice only on sundays and chicken only on Christmas and New Year day) I quickly say "Rice and Chicken".. She write am down, go to bring am... I loose my belt dey wait patiently for chow... 20 mins pass, she neva show, meanwhile I dey see other waiters dey carry food pass my front dey go give other people... After like 35 mins, as my eyes dn dey remove tears because of excess hunger, she come tap me for shoulder, say rice with chicken dn finish, say na only owo soup with starch and garri remain... I just belt up, pick my fone call my friend wey him house dey close wether him cook, my guy say yes. I just jejely waka go chow beans with soaked garri. I vex eh angry. Those woji cartering people...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
Omo laughter Don kill me,nice write up

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Impulse80(m): 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
grin angry jollof rice causing wahala since 1888

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by mzlizabelle(f): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
ROTFL
Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by dechandel(f): 3:58pm On Dec 02, 2014

Asoebi.. Ruining bank accounts always.. Mine especially angry

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by unibenstudent1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
dechandel:

so u are an occasion rider?

1 Like

Re: The Wedding Jollof Rice Finished After I Paid For Asoebi by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
dechandel:

i'd ready to marry you over and over again so others will buy too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Tattoos Her Boyfriend's Name On Her Hand / Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing". / To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.