Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? (10198 Views)

Be Careful How U Receive Money / Healings And The Gift Of Healing In The Church / Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2014
It's been a long time off Nairaland but i guess its good to be back-transient though. Without much perambulating and gestromastroculating this thread is created to clear ageing confusion about the Topic as we comment comes in. smiley smiley
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by SirGiftUduak(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
please list the GIFTS of the Holy Spirit
[quote author=starlingleanets post=28007944]oya roll it in

2 Likes

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
SirGiftUduak:
please list the GIFTS of the Holy Spirit
check it well sir its Gift and not Gifts grin

1 Like

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Applaner: 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2014
u will receive de gift of de Holy spirit wen u wait enough at Jerusalem for it. just as de apostles did.

u are to wait until he endew u.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
Applaner:
u will receive de gift of de Holy spirit wen u wait enough at Jerusalem for it. just as de apostles did.

Expatiate sir
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Hiswordxray(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
Applaner:

I received the gift of the Spirit without waiting or going to Jerusalem.
I didn't even ask directly.
I was young and I didn't know anything about baptismal of the Holy Spirit. I only ask God to strengthen my spirit and before I know it I was speaking in tongues and having a word of knowledge.

10 Likes

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Applaner: 8:50am On Nov 15, 2014
Hiswordxray:

I received the gift of the Spirit without waiting or going to Jerusalem.
I didn't even ask directly.
I was young and I didn't know anything about baptismal of the Holy Spirit. I only ask God to strengthen my spirit and before I know it I was speaking in tongues and having a word of knowledge.

den wat was de aim of ur post
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Applaner: 8:52am On Nov 15, 2014
starlingleanets:
Expatiate sir

don't mind me, de poster was trying to make a fo .ol of de holy spirit, I needed to return it to him

1 Like

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by iceberylin(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2014
Niggaz changing the Bible since 1000BC angry

7 Likes

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Heyliesha(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2014
When you are ready!
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by mifavour(f): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2014
it doesn't matter when it comes. just get ready for it.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by kunlesehan(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2014
No one is holy.
... but when the student is ready the master always appears.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by ginajet(f): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2014
pastor bling bling should be able to answer this
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by okpismart: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2014
As soon as you become a Christian (That is real one o). You've got the Holy spirit to help and guide you.

Should True Love be Painful?
Source: http://.com.ng/index.php/more-news/life-style-news/item/1365-should-true-love-be-painful
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by YBNSCEO(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2014
This space is for sale to any political party especially d papa deceive pikin abi na pikin deceive papa party...
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 16, 2014
starlingleanets:
It's been a long time off Nairaland but i guess its good to be back-transient though. Without much perambulating and gestromastroculating this thread is created to clear ageing confusion about the Topic as we comment comes in. smiley smiley

Do you still believe in this "white trash" religion that has you put in shackles of life? Do you still preach this to kids? DAMN BLACK FOOL!!!

2 Likes

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 16, 2014
Anytime u are ready 4 it.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by KidProgrammer(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by YBNSCEO(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2014
ifeness:

Do you still believe in this "white trash" religion that has you put in shackles of life? Do you still preach this to kids? DAMN BLACK FOOL!!!
can't u say ur mind without insult?ode!!
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Smartlux(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2014
both undecided
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by babdap: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2014
Just passing bye
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by plainmirror(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2014
The Holy spirit has no definite sharing formula.
The ways of God is not the ways of men.

2 Likes

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by LOSKYXANDER: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2014
When you open your door and invite him angry
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2014
Them bad guys/bad girls don't wanna comment on this... There is God!!....!
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by okpamson15(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
Right now i'm under anoiting i wil come back and comment when i'm free from it
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by datguru: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
STEPS TO RECIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT

1. Salvation: At this stage, a sinner is convicted of his sins and ungodly life by the power of the holy spirit, then he or she repent of his sin and comes to Christ.

2. Sanctification: After salvation, there is still a tendency to sin, because the desire is still there. That is why you find out that some people will be touched by a particular sermon and you see them crying and running to the altar but immediately after that, step on their shoes and the next thing that comes out of their mouth is "id*iot". The person inwardly will be sober and be like " why did I say this ? , oh God forgive me". The reason for this is because the root of sin is still in that person because at salvation, God forgave him of the sins he committed but the sin of adam was still in him, its is called the adam nic nature, the inbred sin. The person needs to pray very well to be sanctified, it is at this stage after the person is sanctified that he will be able to live a holy life, if you knew the person before, without been told you will see that something has happened to him and the seed of God is now in him, that is why the bible said that he that is born of God can not sin because the seed of God is in him. Hallelujah! This experience of sanctification prepares one to receive the holy spirit, it is after you are sanctified that you can be filled with the spirit of God.

3. Holy spirit baptism: Being sanctified is not a guaranty that the Holy spirit is coming, you have to make an extra move by praying for it, you desire it like food and pray earnestly for it, when at last you are filled, signs will follow. You will speak in a new tongue, you see yourself praying longer than you do, you get committed in the things of God. Occasionally you hear God speak to you, there are many gifts that comes to a person after he is filled with the spirit, the gift of healing, vision, teaching and lots more. The spirit of God in the heart of man is something more than gold, its something un merited

10 Likes

Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Bishop4bella(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
After. I said this while receiving the Gift of Holy, immediately the person will be filled with Holy spirit but after the mass or as case may be that will tell if the Holy spirit is in you.
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by paulshakur: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2014
The gifts of the Holy Spirit comes after faith I guess
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by adexsimply(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2014
I hate gifts, they make me feel obligated angry
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2014
Space booked
Re: Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? by Skynetlodgetk(m): 11:03am On Nov 16, 2014
May God Have Mercy On All Of Us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Rapture : Who Will Be Caught Up With Christ At His Coming? - Olamide Obire / The Covenant Between Salt And Atheist / Imagine A Worldwide Ban On Bibles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.