Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? (36533 Views)

Soyinka Accuses Presidency Of Using Vulgar Language At Campaigns / Oby Ezekwesili, Nigerians React To INEC's Decision To Shift Polls On Twitter / Tinubu Delays Buhari’s Decision On VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
miiraaj:

http://www.gamji.com/sanusi/sanusi26.htm

Are you blind to see that it was a post of july 2002
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by chamboy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
Sanusi crowned it all with the Third Paragraph..
Nigerians are not ready for a Buhari.. Stealing is still the Rhythm of the day

But I still pray GMB wins tho
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by miiraaj: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2014
Rilwayne001:

Are you blind to see that it was a post of july 2002

What exactly is your point?
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
miiraaj:

What exactly is your point?

My point is that SLS said sent that message (that is if truly he was the one) back then in 2002, why dig it up 12years later undecided undecided
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by miiraaj: 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2014
Rilwayne001:

My point is that SLS said sent that message (that is if truly he was the one) back then in 2002, why dig it up 12years later undecided undecided

Date and time is not important. What matters is the content.
Incase you haven't noticed, I am not Biafranqueen. undecided

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by ASL33: 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2014
chamboy:
Sanusi crowned it all with the Third Paragraph..
Nigerians are not ready for a Buhari.. Stealing is still the Rhythm of the day

But I still pray GMB wins tho
If he called Buhari a recycled politician in 2002 I wonder what he will call him now. So the date is irrelevant here after all "Shoeless statement" was made years ago but people still refer it as at today.

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
miiraaj:

What contents are you saying specifically? undecided undecided are we living in the past? undecided undecided do you want to compare the nigeria of 2002 to the Nigeria under jonathan 12 years later? undecided undecided

were you not the one that posted this nonsensical link of one iamidos www.gamji.com/sanusi/sanusi26.htm undecided undecided

bunch of liers angry
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
miiraaj:

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by biafranqueen: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
ASL33:
If he called Buhari a recycled politician in 2002 I wonder what he will call him now. So the date is irrelevant here after all "Shoeless statement" was made years ago but people still refer it as at today.
Thank you I wonder why they keep harping on the date?
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by biafranqueen: 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
Rilwayne001:

What contents are you saying specifically? undecided undecided are we living in the past? undecided undecided do you want to compare the nigeria of 2002 to the Nigeria under jonathan 12 years later? undecided undecided

were you not the one that posted this nonsensical link of one iamidos www.gamji.com/sanusi/sanusi26.htm undecided undecided

bunch of liers angry
So do you want me to post what he wrote after the preliminary you guys are too desperate. I am sue you aged with his last paragraph and all the praise but only because he said recycled poli's should not be allowed your underwear bunch in you nyash?

Are you telling me no other young women and men in APC can run this country?
What he said 12 years ago still stands today, Buhari did what he could do as a military dictator and as a senior staff to Abacha. You sound young What is the use of studying history, science and social studies if what intellects said in the past does not count today?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2014
courage89:

What we need in this country is a courageous leader; who will build institutions of transparency and accountability, and stand by without interference for the law to prosecute people who goes contrary to the country's rules of engagement including corruption (no matter how highly placed, or your party affiliation). I'm convinced that based on Buhari's experience, his discipline, zero tolerance for profligacy, and his absolute stance on corruption; he will set these as objectives and push to achieve them.
So tinubu and others will be benched including OBJ if he eventually help them
U think itz possible for buahri to tell tinubu and other top members of APC to sit and let him rule d way he like
Tinubu knows Hw much he has made from APC governors in d S/W alone..tinubu upon his health issue don't joke with his party
All dis while he has been shouting + d ones he will be shouting wen campaigns hit top gear is just for buahri to come and rule d way he likes
Even the TAN know what they stand to gain if gej return to aso rock
Itz not possible let d fact be aired expect tinubu and others turn a new leaf
Its a fact between tinubu and alamesia (if am correct) loot past anything

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2014
biafranqueen:
So do you want me to post what he wrote after the preliminary you guys are too desperate. So if I prove he wrote this now what?

Wether he wrote it himself on not, so far you didnt add the date in other to make it look as if he wrote it just yesterday on of recent to tackle GMB presidential ambition shows how deceptive you are, which makes your entire OP void.

Kindly do something for me if truly you are not a lier.

Kindly change the title of the OP like this "Sanusi on buhari's decision to contest in the 2003 presidential election- (2002)
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by JEITO: 11:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
He has been speaking too much hausa since he became emir I was beginning to think his english would be dented. But I can see that there's no cause for alarm! grin

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by CoCoLav(f): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2014
The first three reasons = NONSENSE
Sanusi's first three reasons have a deeper meaning than meets the eye. Its more like he is giving us reasons to vote Buhari. Concentrating more on his positive attributes.

The fourth reason is the only one I agree completely with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by KingTom(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2014
Genius100:
This OP is a clown. First the article was written in 2002. Second, post the entire article and it's obvious Sanusi supports Buhari.
May God bless you for this smiley
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by baye2023(m): 10:16am On Nov 15, 2014
Arrival lounge of Yakubu Gowon Airport... If U say Goodluck Jonathan is not working I'll slap U#TransformationAgenda

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by baye2023(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2014
This is the entrance to the arrival lounge of Yakubu Gowon Airport in Jos... I was shocked.#TransformationAgenda #Gej2019 shey?? grin

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by PStacks(m): 10:20am On Nov 15, 2014
Sanusi doesn't think one man within the system can change the system.

Sometimes Sanusi Amazes me..
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by femmy2010(m): 10:22am On Nov 15, 2014
Bring back articles written in 1901 saying he is a Devil etc,for me it changes nothing.
Come 2015 GMB is getting my vote." Lo ba tan".

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2014
2002 article? Wow.
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by holatin(m): 10:27am On Nov 15, 2014
pls don't tell me u re advocating for bad government governing us for d past six years
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by balladin: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2014
Need I say more? Sanusi has said it all.
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2014
It seems the 'descendant of Heaven' just like majority of Nigerians is afraid of the anti-corruption crusader. Though SLS is the 'son of Heaven', he may not be spotless. My only problem with d general is that he is, and will alwz be a fanatic.
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by texazzpete(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2014
ferderick:
It seems the 'descendant of Heaven' just like majority of Nigerians is afraid of the anti-corruption crusader. Though SLS is the 'son of Heaven', he may not be spotless. My only problem with d general is that he is, and will alwz be a fanatic.

If that's what you took from that article, I am very very sorry for you and whoever paid for your education.

Disgraceful.
Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by derecho(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2014
miiraaj:

Suddenly, you guys are taking the words of Sanusi the acclaimed APC Boko haram sponsor?
just the same way @barcanista quoted GEJ
https://www.nairaland.com/1976245/jonathan-shagari-obasanjo-others-opinion
But why should it surprise you guys did El-rufai,sanusi's twin brother,not say something similar 7 years after.That's October 2010.
Please know that humans change.Even Buhari know sey im no holy as una dey portray am.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by duni04(m): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2014
Very wise words from sanusi. The guy really deserves to be an Emir

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by tuniski: 10:45am On Nov 15, 2014
Obiagelli:
The type of president the elite want is different from what the masses want. Thanks for your (elite) opinion sls, that's if you actually made this statement.
. The masses want the Morsi type of leaders abi after a revolution or an Iraqi,Libya,Tunisia,syria type of societies! Smh. I don't like SLS for killing SMEs with his policies why being CBN gov but, he sure makes sense on various issues.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Louislewis: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2014
Can we look at this last statement "I think Buhari, Babangida and yes Obasanjo should simply allow others try their hand instead of believing they have the monopoly of wisdom" These men were part of the military regime including Abacha (late) that lead this country in a backward manner. The worst political leaders we have had, is far far productive than their military regime time. Of what hope do we have, that coming out this time as a political leader these time without uniform will be productive or lead us into that promise land?
The most annoying thing, is that, our politicians did not learn the lessons of our military rule in these country, which is why, they still dine and wine with these set of people. During the era of Buhari, it was because of second in command (Idiagbon) the impart of discipline was observed. He is only taking the glory now.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by derecho(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2014
Excerpts from http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-has-nothing-to-offer-should-retire-says-el-rufai/
Buhari has nothing to offer…should retire says El-Rufai
The attention of Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has been drawn to statements from Generals Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Babangida purporting to be responses to the advice he gave both men to retire.

Since Babangida libelled whole generations of Nigerian youth as being unfit for leadership, age has become an issue in the coming elections. While it is true that neither youth nor age supplies wisdom on their own, it makes sense to ask those who have been recurring decimals in our country’s sorry history to leave the stage. That is all El-Rufai asked of these men who seem to think that their failure to do their best for Nigeria when they had the chance qualifies them for a return to office. Our people surely deserve better.

El-Rufai is amazed that General Buhari cannot debate this matter without scurrying to the gutter, making claims that are baseless and unsupported by any facts. Mallam El-Rufai’s tenure as FCT minister was a period of stellar performance in remaking our federal capital. Despite the difficult decisions that had to be taken to restore Abuja, Mallam El-Rufai continues to receive deserved praise and recognition for his achievements in restoring the Abuja master plan, introducing Nigeria’s first computerised land registry and helping thousands of Nigerians achieve their dreams of home ownership in the federal capital. Buhari is perhaps one of a tiny few blinded by their prejudice from recognising the quality of El Rufai’s service.

That same prejudice accounts for the baseless claims of corruption Buhari levels against El Rufai. The fact is that Mallam El-Rufai served Nigeria with integrity and has never been convicted of any corrupt act. He is boldly contesting the false charges which the Yar’Adua government filed against him in court. It is strange that a Buhari who protests when unproven claims of N2.5 billion (about US $3billion in those days!) missing oil funds are levelled against him can gleefully elevate similar claims into facts when it concerns another. How would Buhari feel if the corruption allegations made against him by Group Captain Usman Jibrin, then a board member of PTF, are today reported as if they were proven facts? So much for “corrupt background” and “shoddy performance”.

Read the Same El-Rufai in 2014
Former Minister of the Fed­eral Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has said former President Oluse­gun Obasanjo cannot be absolved from whatever crisis Nigeria is going through.

Speaking on a radio programme, “Face the Nation,” broadcast on Rockcity 101.9 FM, Abeokuta, yesterday, Mallam El-Rufai, who served in the administration of Obasanjo from 2003 to 2007, first as Director General Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) and later as Minister of FCT, believes that the selec­tion of Umar Yar’Adua, as the presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) and his support for Goodluck Jona­than to emerge as a presidential candidate in 2011, was the root of the leadership crisis, the country is facing.

According to him, “the fact that he (Obasanjo) is the president that handed over to Yar’Adua and Jonathan, he cannot be fully absolved. Of course, he may have his reasons. Some people attribute bad motives, some think he made a big mistake. I think the truth is somewhere in-between but what Nigeria is going through right now is a direct result of decisions and actions, omission or commission by President Obasanjo, no doubt about it.”

“I think he is aware of this and that is why he wrote that long letter to try to begin to distance himself from the administration. He is consciously aware of this.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=68985

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi- Do I Support Buhari’s Decision To Contest For The Presidency Of Nigeria? by Lakeside247(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2014
Are you sure you are not indirectly supporting Kwakwanso in this write up? Good luck to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Calls For President Buhari's Impeachment: Reps In Rowdy Session / Amosun Commissions International Breweries Plc Bara Ogun, Largest In West Africa / Senator Nuhu Aliyu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.