Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones (2776 Views)

Best Root Apps For Rooted Android Phones / 16 Must Have Apps For Rooted Andriod Phones / Must Have Apps For Android Phone User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Donfolu: 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
Rooting Android comes with hundreds of benefits. However, one of the most popular benefits is being able to access hundreds of new apps.To help you get the most out of your rooted Android device, here are the top 10 root apps currently available to users of rooted Android devices:

1. Xposed Framework

Xposed isn’t an app in the strictest sense, but rather an app that installs a new system framework that allows you to make extensive modifications to the interface and features of your device. The big advantage here is that you can make mods without actually altering any system files. This should work on most rooted Android devices, but you’ll want to make a backup of your device in recovery before attempting. If Xposed doesn’t work, your device will fail to boot and will probably need to be restored. In short, it is a work around to get the custom ROM features onto any device running stock firmware with root. There are 100’s of Modules which can be downloaded and used for free.
Download Xposed framework from here.

2. Greenify

Greenify gives you control to select apps that can run as background processes even when they’re not running. It helps identify rogue applications and put them into a hibernation state so that it does not use up the phones resources. Unless you hibernate them, background apps will drain your precious battery even when they are not in use! Hence, this app is very popular among many users. Give it a trial. Download Greenify for free from Google Play Store.

3. ROM Manager
ROM Manager is one great app for all you enthusiasts who want to flash new ROMs and taste new versions of Android on your smartphones. This app gives you a list of all the famous ROMs available for your device. You can also download them through this app, which saves you a lot of time searching for the ROMs on the net. The pro version of this app is worth a trial.

4. Trickster Mod

Trickster Mod is an awesome app. Although there are many apps out there which can do the same tasks, Trickster Mod's support and interface beats them all. With this app, you can overclock your phone to make it fly like a butterfly, undervolt it to increase your battery life, and a lot more. All in all, this app is a must in your rooted smartphone.

5. Rec
Android 4.4 added a basic screen recording utility that can be used on any phone over ADB with a computer, but it’s not very user friendly. You need to type in console commands, the rendering is touchy, and it doesn’t do audio at all. It’s definitely a developer tool. If you’ve got root access, you can use Rec to take screen recordings using this native tool on the device itself, and it works much better than older tools that were hacking into the display driver to get the same thing done. Rec allows you to choose a countdown after you trigger a recording so you to get into position.

6. Root Firewall Pro

Have you been low on your data bandwidth? This app can help you out. With it, you can disable Internet for apps you aren't using while selectively enable it for those you are. It even has the options to selectively enable 2g, 3g, 4g, or Wi-Fi networks for apps of your choosing. It also has features like ad blocking and much more.

7. Titanium Backup
As the name suggest it’s used for backup, Titanium backup can be used to backup all applications along with all the application settings and data. Applications can be backed up individually, manually or scheduled. Applications can also be restored back to its original state with settings or data. It’s best used backup applications you need but you rarely use, using this can help you get more internal phone storage. It can be used to uninstall huge games but keeping the save game data for later use.
Download Titanium backup for free from Google Play Store.

8. GL to SD

Internal memory getting low? Cannot install huge games due to insufficient space? Then this app is your lifesaver. GL to SD is a great app for those who want to store and play huge games. It transfers the data to your SD card (micro sd) from your internal storage, which provides space for new games.

9. DiskDigger Pro

Deleted your photos or documents accidentally? Want to recover lost data? This app can do that for you. It can even recover formatted data. Personally, I believe that this app is one of the best to use for a rooted Android device. It's a pure lifesaver.

10. Tasker

Tasker for android is a must have application if you’re a power user. It allows task control and automation, which can be used to define actions or rules depending on your needs. Tasker is one of the apps which definitely give power to the user.
Posted by Don Folu at 16:48

http://donfolu..com/2014/11/10-must-have-apps-for-rooted-android.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Adedayo516(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
Very nice work on this list... BTW,

DJDOLA needs your help, Every single naira you contribute would go a long way. He must not die!!

https://www.nairaland.com/1995601/sos-please-hamed-djdola

https://www.nairaland.com/1963635/need
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Jeezyy(m): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2014
apply for the SWAG V conference today at www.swagvconference.com
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by just2odd: 12:21am On Nov 15, 2014
ok
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by darne(m): 4:36am On Nov 15, 2014
Nice one, good info @op
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Okaka27(m): 6:44am On Nov 15, 2014
I don't have even one of these

1 Like

Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Valentinooo: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
thanks op. but can u help with links to those apps?
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Navyguy(m): 6:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
How can I root my Samsung galaxy s3?
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by segzytemi(m): 6:47pm On Nov 15, 2014
please how can I root be tab 7...
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Slatemsk(m): 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2014
Nice apps
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by brainyack(m): 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2014
Okaka27:
I don't have even one of these
me too I need to get that greenify and trickster mod my phantom a is such a battery consuming bastard. Op Which one specifically do u suggest?
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by brainyack(m): 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
Just downloaded greenify and trickster mod plz someone put me thru
Re: 10 Must-have Apps For Rooted Android Phones by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
brainyack:
Just downloaded greenify and trickster mod plz someone put me thru
Greenify works well on rooted phone, upon launching the app, it will prompt you to download it component app called xposed, then on greenify setting press shortcut to hibernate that all, you can as well have another supporting app called battery saver booster. But before all these or after, you need to calibrate your battery, download battery calibrator.

(1) (Reply)

Every Stupid Picture Ever / Anybody Else Notice The Quick Depletion Of MTN New Data Plans? / Xiaomi Poco M3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.