Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? (1802 Views)

Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / His Mckinsey Interview / Mckinsey First Round Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? by Mystiqme: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
Hi!
I am a Science PhD student in the USA. I'm in the middle of my program, and trying to explore my options for a career after graduating.
Lecturing, either in the USA or in Nigeria is not top of my priorities right now (that could change, I guess). I am aware that many of the consultancy firms in the USA employ PhDs, even from Science programs. I am wondering if such options are available in Nigeria, in case I decide to head back home after my degree.
To be clear, my question is, does McKinsey Nigeria employ PhDs? Are there other consulting firms in Nigeria that employ Science PhDs?

Thanks! smiley
Re: Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? by Topiipii(m): 12:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
I suggest you contact someone on the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1913330/mckinsey-2014-2015-applications

There are other McKinsey threads on NL, you should check them too.
Re: Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? by Mystiqme: 6:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Topiipii:
I suggest you contact someone on the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1913330/mckinsey-2014-2015-applications

There are other McKinsey threads on NL, you should check them too.
Hi, Topiipii. Thanks chief. How's your application coming along? Almost done with NYSC?
Re: Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? by Topiipii(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2014
Mystiqme:

Hi, Topiipii. Thanks chief. How's your application coming along? Almost done with NYSC?
Completed NYSC two years ago, still working on my application. Will mail you samples of my SOP for advice when I'm finally ready. Wish you good luck in your studies and job hunt.
Re: Phds At Mckinsey (or other Consultancies) in Nigeria? by Marxxx: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2016
Mystiqme:
Hi!
I am a Science PhD student in the USA. I'm in the middle of my program, and trying to explore my options for a career after graduating.
Lecturing, either in the USA or in Nigeria is not top of my priorities right now (that could change, I guess). I am aware that many of the consultancy firms in the USA employ PhDs, even from Science programs. I am wondering if such options are available in Nigeria, in case I decide to head back home after my degree.
To be clear, my question is, does McKinsey Nigeria employ PhDs? Are there other consulting firms in Nigeria that employ Science PhDs?

Thanks! smiley
Wow!!!...The head of Mckinsey lagos I think has a phd in electrical electronics from stanford university so I think you should worry about that much as long as you have a good first degree (preferably a First class). Mckinsey as well as other management consulting firms employs phd holders cos almost all consulting firms do have research departments and so....But your phd is in science and that is something to about because seemingly you do not have much experience in business neither do you have a business degree (I might be wrong) or an MBA. Nevertheless if you have a good first and second degree, that is enough to join mckinsey or Navigant or other top consulting firms; provided there are no age restrictions.....it is even 2014... undecided...I believe you have passed this stage was just busy typing jargons......Awwwwwwww...Do have a splendid.....I don't know where you are right now, so do have a splendid morning, afternoon or evening and if you are in space...do have a spacious day...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pass In Maths, Can I Get A Job So? / Need Ur Advice: Can I Write Ican Nov Diet And Cisa In December / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.